Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Jermaine Defoe versus Cody Macdonald

personally for next season i''d have cody. works his socks off, can score with his head, all round good play, can do a bit of everything and also is pretty rapid. he deserves his chance

I hate the term LOL but I am actually LOL-ing and LMFAO and ROLF-ing all the rest.

Theres absolute no contest, anyone saying Cody is

A) Deluded

B) On Drugs

C) Related to him 

[quote user="Ben "]Do you think we''ve got a chance of singing that Ronaldo bloke? Heard he scored 40 goals this season or something? Maybe he''d like to come and play in a proper league [:)][/quote]

Dont need him, weve got Cody, how about Rob Green or Fraser Forster though?

[quote user="youngcanary"]personally for next season i''d have cody. works his socks off, can score with his head, all round good play, can do a bit of everything and also is pretty rapid. he deserves his chance[/quote]

I agree with this.  Defoe has had his chance and failed.  If you''ve climbed up scaffolding in the wind and rain, in the cold and damp, you know that playing football for a living is a privilege and not a lifestyle that any Tom, Dick or Sally can just pick up and run with.  Whereas Mister Defoe has never trodden the path of the common man and does not appreciate the working man''s game.  Therefore I say huzzah for Cody MacDonald and long may he continue to lead our line when Grant Holt is injured and Simeon Jackson is in Canada and Aaron Wilbraham is hanging out with his little blue friends.

I like Cody as much as the next guy, but seriously?I mean I would go out there and give 100% in a city shirt... that doesnt mean im better than Defoe! If we were to sign Defoe (which we wont) it would be a landmark, and probably this biggest player ever signed for this club who hasnt come through the academy. He knows where the back of the net is in the Premire league and for England. its a no contest. Codys a good kid and id love for him to stay and do well, be seriously...

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

[quote user="youngcanary"]personally for next season i''d have cody. works his socks off, can score with his head, all round good play, can do a bit of everything and also is pretty rapid. he deserves his chance[/quote]

I agree with this.  Defoe has had his chance and failed.  If you''ve climbed up scaffolding in the wind and rain, in the cold and damp, you know that playing football for a living is a privilege and not a lifestyle that any Tom, Dick or Sally can just pick up and run with.  Whereas Mister Defoe has never trodden the path of the common man and does not appreciate the working man''s game.  Therefore I say huzzah for Cody MacDonald and long may he continue to lead our line when Grant Holt is injured and Simeon Jackson is in Canada and Aaron Wilbraham is hanging out with his little blue friends.

[/quote]

I agree with it but only because Bore Bore Bor once again get''s my nomination for "post of the day"[;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Who would you rather have in your team?[/quote]Come on, are you really asking this question?Maybe ask Harry Redknapp or Fabio Capello who they would prefer?

[quote user="anonamoose"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Who would you rather have in your team?[/quote]Come on, are you really asking this question?Maybe ask Harry Redknapp or Fabio Capello who they would prefer?[/quote]Have you ever actually read any of Mr. C''s posts??????

[quote user="anonamoose"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Who would you rather have in your team?[/quote]Come on, are you really asking this question?Maybe ask Harry Redknapp or Fabio Capello who they would prefer?[/quote]I was not "really" asking the question, just making a point.  In separate threads on this board we have people saying "let''s not sign CMS, we have Cody McDonald" and "why would we sign Albert Adomah when we have Antony Macnamee?"  Which suggests we have a squad easily capable of competing in the premiership.  I don''t think we do, but I''m curious as to the point at which we agree we need a signing.  If Jermaine Defoe, who I think at least 12 Premier League clubs would love to have (and could afford his wages) isn''t enough of a trade-up from Cody MacDonald then who would be?  Perhaps Luis Suarez could join us for a season, I''m sure he''d be a crowd favourite...

[quote user="birchfest"]I like Cody as much as the next guy, but seriously?I mean I would go out there and give 100% in a city shirt... that doesnt mean im better than Defoe! If we were to sign Defoe (which we wont) it would be a landmark, and probably this biggest player ever signed for this club who hasnt come through the academy. He knows where the back of the net is in the Premire league and for England. its a no contest. Codys a good kid and id love for him to stay and do well, be seriously...[/quote]

Landmark! BS! I have a couple of mates who are spurs ST Holders,and the amount of chances defoe missed is unbelievable! ..Infact they both agreed they would take JACKO for defoe any day!!

The landmark was getting HUCKS to sign for us!

Spending 3.5 mill on a 3rd tier player was a landmark,one that couldve backfired as he hadnt even touched the championship..

Cant believe QPR are saying the 2.5mill is top wack for a championship player unproven in the prem,we should jump in with 3 mill!

I didnt quite put the Mcnamee comment like that Chops, I said the additional cost wouldnt be worth it for a sub/impact player when we have Mcnamee.

We dont have a unlimited kitty, we dont have £40 Million to spend. Money needs to be spent on players that are going to be in our first 11 week in week out.

Defoe blows hot and cold and City can''t afford a high cost passenger... and CM really isn''t good enough.I''d take Crouch alongside what we''ve got to start with. It''s the defence which needs attention more.

I''d back Cody to score more than 4 goals in 21 games in the Prem next season if he is given a chance, and I''d also back Cody to score more than CMS or Jackson, given equal game time. People who think that 4 in 21 is acceptable for a 4 million pound striker on 60K or so a week must be deluded or on drugs !!!  [:D] 

[quote user="paul moy"]I''d back Cody to score more than 4 goals in 21 games in the Prem next season if he is given a chance, and I''d also back Cody to score more than CMS or Jackson, given equal game time. People who think that 4 in 21 is acceptable for a 4 million pound striker on 60K or so a week must be deluded or on drugs !!!  [:D] [/quote]You seriously must be McDonald''s Dad or something..

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="paul moy"]I''d back Cody to score more than 4 goals in 21 games in the Prem next season if he is given a chance, and I''d also back Cody to score more than CMS or Jackson, given equal game time. People who think that 4 in 21 is acceptable for a 4 million pound striker on 60K or so a week must be deluded or on drugs !!!  [:D] [/quote]
You seriously must be McDonald''s Dad or something..
[/quote]

Nope, but I''ve enough experience of watching football to see a player with the right attributes for success. Who would have thought that a limited player such as DJ Campbell would score 13 goals this season in the Prem for Blackpool this season after starting at lowly Brentford and struggling to get into Leicester''s team in Div 1 in 2007 scoring a mere 4 goals in 32 appearances.  People are too quick to write players off and far too many people here have written off Cody without him having been given a chance even though he has been prolific in Div 2. 

[quote user="CDMullins"]Paul Moy - Torres as 1 in 13 at Chelsea, would you have him?[/quote]

Some players simply don''t fit into a certain formation. Torres needs long balls to run onto like Darren Bent and had a good supply from Gerrard at Liverpool. Chelsea did not think this through when signing him and will have to adapt or Torres will continue to fail. In answer to your question, I would rather have Suarez and Carroll, and certainly do not think Torres is worth 50m or 250K a week.  

[quote user="Eadienhucks"][quote user="birchfest"]I like Cody as much as the next guy, but seriously?I mean I would go out there and give 100% in a city shirt... that doesnt mean im better than Defoe! If we were to sign Defoe (which we wont) it would be a landmark, and probably this biggest player ever signed for this club who hasnt come through the academy. He knows where the back of the net is in the Premire league and for England. its a no contest. Codys a good kid and id love for him to stay and do well, be seriously...[/quote]

Landmark! BS! I have a couple of mates who are spurs ST Holders,and the amount of chances defoe missed is unbelievable! ..Infact they both agreed they would take JACKO for defoe any day!!

The landmark was getting HUCKS to sign for us!

Spending 3.5 mill on a 3rd tier player was a landmark,one that couldve backfired as he hadnt even touched the championship..

Cant believe QPR are saying the 2.5mill is top wack for a championship player unproven in the prem,we should jump in with 3 mill![/quote]

If spurs ST Holders think he has a p.poor massive shots/chances to Goal ratio and would rather have JACKO, and

with what i have seen of JACKO, let sleeping dogs sleep..We have have the better up and coming guy!

Also,we are not going to splash 10 mill plus on a player in our first season back!

When we have had a couple of years on the trot in the prem ,like stoke wba etc then we will start to splash bigger cash!

Look at Bolton! and in my opinion,they dont deserve their status,with their crowds in comparison to what they have achieved!

They had over 2,000 seats unfilled at their FA semi at wembley!

Hudders would be a better prem supported side than them!!

That wasnt the question, you state you wouldnt have Defoe becuase of his goals to games ratio, so using the same theory you also wouldnt have Torres right?

Also using your same theory, Ive scored 32 times in 22 local 5-a-side league games, surley that makes me better than Cody?

[quote user="CDMullins"]That wasnt the question, you state you wouldnt have Defoe becuase of his goals to games ratio, so using the same theory you also wouldnt have Torres right? Also using your same theory, Ive scored 32 times in 22 local 5-a-side league games, surley that makes me better than Cody?[/quote]

Our style would not suit Torres, as I thought I''d already explained.

You explained something that was completely irrelevant to the question.

So in summary you would rather have Cody Mcdonald than Fernando Torres or Jermaine Defoe?

[quote user="CDMullins"]You explained something that was completely irrelevant to the question. So in summary you would rather have Cody Mcdonald than Fernando Torres or Jermaine Defoe?[/quote]

On a value for money basis, there''s absolutely no contest. [:D]

You seem to be backing away from this question more and more. Money is irrelevant as we have zero chance of signing Defoe, never mind Torres.

Would you rather have Cody than Defoe or Torres?