Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

QPR to parade Championship Trophy at next game

..........unlike Talksh!te who seem to have no problem on that count

QPR are getting the trophy although they''re under investigation - this is getting more and more bizarre! If there is any chance of a points deduction (against this season''s tally) surely the presentation of the trophy wouldn''t be going ahead? Does that mean a planned minus points start for QPR next season allowing the entire close season to argue about it in court?

I hope they start on minus 15 next season. Then i''tll give us an even greater chance of staying up. But i think we''ll be fine and be a top 10 side next year

So the latest rumour on QPR is that the verdict is delayed and won''t be out until Saturday at earliest and possibly Sunday. That would create a marvelous farce where after the final game of the season we won''t know who are the champions and who is runner-up. Will QPR get to parade the trophy? The fools in charge of our sport have no understanding of the passions and emotions of real fans.

I take it the bookies will pay out once the investigation is over at not just take it that QPR are Champions on the last day of the season?

[quote user="peewees dad"]So the latest rumour on QPR is that the verdict is delayed and won''t be out until Saturday at earliest and possibly Sunday. That would create a marvelous farce where after the final game of the season we won''t know who are the champions and who is runner-up. Will QPR get to parade the trophy? The fools in charge of our sport have no understanding of the passions and emotions of real fans.

[/quote]Its obvious really. Any decision that denied QPR promotion or the Championship would put the integrity of the game against Leeds at risk. The FA would then have no defence against complaints of unfairness from Forest, Millwall, Burnley etc.Looks to me more and more like a relegation after the final table is decided.

[quote user="paul moy"]Announced on Talksport... you couldn''t make it up !!! [:@][/quote]

Well they are champions,(unless of course they are stripped of the title), so of course they should parade the trophy.

Who cares if they are? We''ve sealed promotion now and it''s only going to cause more humiliation if they do get docked points in a few days time. I''ve also read on the Cardiff forums that the FA can''t dock points once the season is over and so if they did dock points it would be at the start of next season. I would love to see them start on -10/-15 points in the Premiership next season as it just increases our chances of survival.

[quote user="HazzaJet"]Who cares if they are? We''ve sealed promotion now and it''s only going to cause more humiliation if they do get docked points in a few days time. I''ve also read on the Cardiff forums that the FA can''t dock points once the season is over and so if they did dock points it would be at the start of next season. I would love to see them start on -10/-15 points in the Premiership next season as it just increases our chances of survival.[/quote]

I thought Swindon went up via the play offs before being relegated, so they must be able to dock points after the season has finished. Also like you I would love QPR to start on minus points next season but quite a few people pointed out that the Premiership and Championship are seperate and punishments cannot be carried over, not sure if that''s correct or not, just what I''ve been told.

I think they will take enough points off them to go up in second and hand us the title, Playoffs are to go ahead as planned,

[quote user="pete_norw"]I think they will take enough points off them to go up in second and hand us the title, Playoffs are to go ahead as planned,[/quote]

This would suit me, realistically if they cheated then I don''t think they should be allowed promotion whether that is from automatic or via the play offs, but I just can''t stand Cardiff and don''t think Welsh teams should be in our leagues, especially when they are not even answerable to the same authorities!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="peewees dad"]So the latest rumour on QPR is that the verdict is delayed and won''t be out until Saturday at earliest and possibly Sunday. That would create a marvelous farce where after the final game of the season we won''t know who are the champions and who is runner-up. Will QPR get to parade the trophy? The fools in charge of our sport have no understanding of the passions and emotions of real fans.

[/quote]

Its obvious really. Any decision that denied QPR promotion or the Championship would put the integrity of the game against Leeds at risk. The FA would then have no defence against complaints of unfairness from Forest, Millwall, Burnley etc.

Looks to me more and more like a relegation after the final table is decided.
[/quote]

That''s true, of course Ricardo. However, the FA is certainly doing its best to shoot itself in the foot. They were aware of the point you make when they let it be known that a decision should be forthcoming by Friday. Not doing a whole lot to enhance their image with the public.   

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="peewees dad"]So the latest rumour on QPR is that the verdict is delayed and won''t be out until Saturday at earliest and possibly Sunday. That would create a marvelous farce where after the final game of the season we won''t know who are the champions and who is runner-up. Will QPR get to parade the trophy? The fools in charge of our sport have no understanding of the passions and emotions of real fans.

[/quote]Its obvious really. Any decision that denied QPR promotion or the Championship would put the integrity of the game against Leeds at risk. The FA would then have no defence against complaints of unfairness from Forest, Millwall, Burnley etc.Looks to me more and more like a relegation after the final table is decided.[/quote]

That''s true, of course Ricardo. However, the FA is certainly doing its best to shoot itself in the foot. They were aware of the point you make when they let it be known that a decision should be forthcoming by Friday. Not doing a whole lot to enhance their image with the public.   

[/quote]Perhaps they didn''t think about it until someone at the FL complained. Can you imagine a deflated QPR not being up for it against Leeds and losing badly? There would be huge ramifications for the playoff teams.If QPR are found Not Guilty it can have no effect on any of Saturdays games. Thats why I think no news is bad news for QPR. However I may be wrong and it might be true that the IRC have a lot of evidence to sift through before giving their verdict. One thing however is perfectly clear, its not jas QPR were saying, just a case of "move along please theres nothing to see here".

Innocent until proven guilty!

Everything would need to progress as normal without presumption of guilt in order not to predujice the disciplinary hearings.

If the playoff dates are not changing, well - maybe the punishment is so small so as not to affect the playoffs or maybe the punishment is so big so as not to affect the playoffs?

[quote user="paul moy"]Announced on Talksport... you couldn''t make it up !!! [:@][/quote]

Not according to the headline on the BBC website.

"The FA can not confirm that the Championship Trophy will be at Loftus Road tomorrow"

Things are looking worse and worse for QPR by the sound of things,

personally I think the club are now expecting the worse but want things

to carry on as normal so they can act more spiteful once the title and

prmotion is taken away from them. QPR fans don''t deserve this to be

honest I''m quite looking forward to Warnocks reaction should QPR be

denied promotion, I loathe the man with passion and can''t help but

think that he has tried to ram it down our throats how good he and his

side have been this season with exaggerated comments such as "Taarpt is

the best player in the division by a long, long way" "we have been the

best team in the league by miles this season". This plus his comments

on Holt earlier on the season. ****er

FOOTBALL:

Football League cannot confirm whether Championship trophy will be at Loftus Road on Saturday

So why are QPR saying it will ? The FA should say either way as could you imagine the possibilities of trouble if you arrive and there is no trophy, especially with a few thousand Leeds supporters taking the p**s.

I think Warnock is expecting the worse but is acting in denial so he can act more spiteful when QPR are denied promotion. Wouldn''t bet against him having a little dig at us either should we be handed the title at their expense. Normally I would have a degree of sympathy for a manager who could be denied promotion at the expense of something that happened before he was at the club, but because it''s Warnock I couldn''t give a stuff. Feel sorry for the QPR fan tho, they will be the biggest losers out of all this should the worse happen for their club. 

[quote user="alysha"]

I take it the bookies will pay out once the investigation is over at not just take it that QPR are Champions on the last day of the season?

[/quote]

Consider it like a stewards enquiry in horse racing

The Championship Trophy will be presented at Loftus Road tomorrow, but will their name be engraved on the trophy ?I like the idea, that our name is on that old trophy along side great teams such as Huddersfield in 20''s Arsenal in 30''s & Liverpool 70''s/80''s

I think QPR are pursuing a "continue as normal" or " we expect to recieve the trophy" PR line as it continues to put more pressure on the football league/FA. I suspect they have been advised to do so by their barristers.

As for the trophy who cares. As I have said in another thread we haven''t won it and I don''t think we really deserve it. That is not to take away though from what we have acheived this season which has been monumental.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]The Championship Trophy will be presented at Loftus Road tomorrow, but will their name be engraved on the trophy ?

I like the idea, that our name is on that old trophy along side great teams such as Huddersfield in 20''s Arsenal in 30''s & Liverpool 70''s/80''s
[/quote]

Only according to QPR it will be presented - The FA are refusing to comment so if it is why wont they say ? 

LATEST...

http://www.football-league.co.uk/footballleaguenews/20110506/rangers-set-to-receive-the-trophy_2293334_2354480

But read it carefully ;)

Apparently, there''s absolutely no truth in the rumour that Jim Bowen will present QPR with their trophy tomorrow - "And here''s what you could have won"...