Sign in to follow this  
@jayncfc

Peterborough FC Radio Thing

[quote user="NRGUK"]CMS could go to Wigan, Stoke or even Newcastle and become a fans favourite and they should put their money in their pocket. He has also done so well to get the sell on fee down. They have a list "If CMS was to go tomorrow they have a list, but we cannot get them in tomorrow" If Norwich come in with £3m tomorrow
If they come back with that kind of figure "He will go!"
[/quote]

They couldn''t be hawking him more if they tried. Its all about getting that extra half million up front. Lets hope we don''t get gazumped by someone else.

Now for his last song, Coldplay: The Scientist..... Great song. Thought it would be James Blunt: Goodbye my lover.

There you go then £2 million plus £1 million add ons and he can be our player tomorrow , anything less and he stays at Posh till the summer.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Sod it if we have been promoted then £1 million is a drop in the ocean. If its £2 million with £1 million if we go up then I think we need to take a punt.[/quote]£3 million, for a league 1 striker?Thanks but no thanks.Walk away I say.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="NRGUK"]CMS could go to Wigan, Stoke or even Newcastle and become a fans favourite and they should put their money in their pocket. He has also done so well to get the sell on fee down. They have a list "If CMS was to go tomorrow they have a list, but we cannot get them in tomorrow" If Norwich come in with £3m tomorrowIf they come back with that kind of figure "He will go!"[/quote]

They couldn''t be hawking him more if they tried. Its all about getting that extra half million up front. Lets hope we don''t get gazumped by someone else.

[/quote]So why aren''t Wigan, Stoke or Newcastle ready to bung £3 million?The truth is they wouldn''t and nor should we.

I''m most definitely with Ricardo here. £3mill is far too much for him.

Davo

"Asking for £3m for the biggest goalscorer in the country, this is a great buy" This was basically an hour long sales pitch to NCFC!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Jim Smith"]Sod it if we have been promoted then £1 million is a drop in the ocean. If its £2 million with £1 million if we go up then I think we need to take a punt.[/quote]

£3 million, for a league 1 striker?

Thanks but no thanks.

Walk away I say.

[/quote]Have you forgotten Dean Ashton Ricardo?

how do you know £3m is too much - you know lambert gets the best out of players, we need a striker...a good one, we have the money, promotion is however much.

if he is a flop-we CAN sell him don''t forget

Charlie Austin went for around £2  million and he is nowhere near as prolific as CMS , goalscorers dont come cheap , anybody else we go for if any good will cost about the same.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]how do you know £3m is too much - you know lambert gets the best out of players, we need a striker...a good one, we have the money, promotion is however much.

if he is a flop-we CAN sell him don''t forget[/quote]Any statos who can give a good run down of Lamberts Colwho / Wycombe tenure ?Only saying that because Lambo''s weakness seems to be that he does not have a good eye for a striker  : Simeon , Oli.Also wasn''t he trying to sign Curo at one point ?Before anyone says it Holt was a Gunn signing believe it or not !

Maybe it is but thats the price given the circumstances and ultimately its appears its only £500K more than we have already offered (although I guess that depends what triggers the add ons). Given that promotion to the prem is said to be worth £90 million you could argue its well worth the gamble of finding an extra £500K!

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Jim Smith"]Sod it if we have been promoted then £1 million is a drop in the ocean. If its £2 million with £1 million if we go up then I think we need to take a punt.[/quote]£3 million, for a league 1 striker?Thanks but no thanks.Walk away I say.

[/quote]Have you forgotten Dean Ashton Ricardo?

[/quote]Certainly not Lapp but this is a different prospect entirely. I don''t think CMS will ever be in the same bracket as Ashton.If they think they can get £3 million for him in the summer then let them try. Personally I''d call their bluff and walk away. I can''t see CMS or his agent being very happy with that after all thats been said by their chairman. He may well find he has a very unhappy player tomorrow.Sod''em, walk away.

there was me thinking that the transfer window shut at the end of January ??. I dont think its right that clubs can effectively ''sign'' players outside of this and dress it up as an emergency loan anyway.....it makes a mockery of the whole system !?!

I wouldn''t give them "EVERYTHING"they wanted. But I would be on the phone right now saying "OK, you want to go down the line, lets go down the line and get this done. Is Simeon Jackson or Martin on your list? If so you have a loanee till the end of the season. Let''s talk money and not be stupid!"

we find ourselves in the same position as Liverpool did at the end of January, desperate for a striker witha a target in mind. Peterborough know this and have us over a barrel. having said that i expect the "come and get me" transfer request to come out in the morning!

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]

[quote user="paul moy"]Pay the Gills 500K to release Cody and save us 2.5m.   [/quote]

Please no one respond to this. (I am aware this is a response)

[/quote]

That''s not fair, there''s a lot of women of Mrs McDonalds age who don''t know where to start with a computer, let alone get on the internet and sign up here to support her son.

The fact is, they only want £2 million for League One''s top goal scorer. Charlie Austin is less prolific and went for about the same price. If we get promotion we will have to pay an extra £1,000,000  yeah it''s a snip of what we will receive for reaching the promised land. If we don''t go up then we have got a very good striker on our books who can score goals alongside Holt. According to the Peteboro fans he never stops working, and his work rate is simply sensational, just think about him with Holt it would give defenders hell. In my opinion, this would be a very good signing, goalscorers come at a price and £2 million isn''t all that much in today''s ludicrous footballers pricing. Getting CMS would soften the blow if we weren''t to get promoted, as we would be very well set for next years campaign with a formidable strikeforce. On the other hand if he bags a few goals to help us get promoted (maybe 1 at Portaloo, he he) then he will be absolutely priceless. From the sounds of it he is very eager, hungry and an honest footballer so the least we will see is up most passion and effort.Go for it Lambert & McNally & co. [Y]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]there was me thinking that the transfer window shut at the end of January ??. I dont think its right that clubs can effectively ''sign'' players outside of this and dress it up as an emergency loan anyway.....it makes a mockery of the whole system !?![/quote]

I was thinking the same thing, GJL. Could we actually get in trouble over this, or is there a genuine loophole for being so blatant? It seems as though the transfer window never really closes - Hope what we''re doing doesn''t see us end up in some potential QPR points deduction situation....

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]there was me thinking that the transfer window shut at the end of January ??. I dont think its right that clubs can effectively ''sign'' players outside of this and dress it up as an emergency loan anyway.....it makes a mockery of the whole system !?![/quote] I was thinking the same thing, GJL. Could we actually get in trouble over this, or is there a genuine loophole for being so blatant? It seems as though the transfer window never really closes - Hope what we''re doing doesn''t see us end up in some potential QPR points deduction situation....[/quote]

It is allowed, although it stayed out of the media Beckford signed one for Everton.

Sign him up, although I think he has signed. He is raring to get here, get on the score sheet and help us up. Dion knew this, he knew that there was a price to be met and he let the cat out of the bag. Fair enough, get him in, get it done. Get us the striker we want and get Dion the credibility he deserves....(Please don''t take the Dion bit about credibility literally!)