Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Apologies Nutty and CTID.I was borrowing someone elses computer so i rushed my pick[:$]

Ok i will try somewhere different and go to Scotland.

LIVINGSTON     V   East Fife            HOME WIN

Cheers and good luck[Y]

Got two in mind, but neither have odds listed yet. Im either with Pboro_Canarys highland league trip, or Purple Canarys Andorran adventure; Ill be back when at least one has a price!

Bottom of Scottish League Three this week where lowly Montrose (2-3-5-17-17) will be looking to move up the table at the expense of even lower and beyond redemption Clyde (1-1-5-6-18). Last time out, Clyde lost 2-0 to E Stirling who had only scored eight times in their previous 14 games where Montrose have sored 27 in 17 games. Should be 4/5-nil no probs.

Montrose v Clyde........Home win.

Good luck Dave. [Y]

Again safety this week for me - It has aready been picked, but my shout is :-

PSV Eindhoven v Willem II - Home win

PSV are going to win....and win big.

Good luck CTID and everyone!

Muddy

Sorry about my absence Nutty, i have been very busy and barely been on the pinkun, let alone the internet recently. How have you all been doing, many wins? My pick is Burnley to beat Burton. Good luck all.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Herman "]FC PORTO V Rio Ave HOME WIN Good luck all[/quote]

Herman, I was looked at this game but unfortunately it''s not played until Feb 6th. Porto are in League Cup action this weekend. Hope you see this in plenty of time to pick again and CTID - please don''t select this one.

Now I messed up in my opening post. The revised rota for February should have read : -

February 5th Norfolkchance1

February 12th Pboro_Canary

February 19th Cityangel

February 26th Til 1010

The whole point of posting it was for that change on Feb 26th. Nutty''s cracking up! But the mistake prompted NYC to resend me a pm which I hadn''t received so it worked out for the best in the end!!

PM''s on this site do seem very hit & miss so the best way to contact me is by email Canaryeddie@aol.com

Now for my selection. As I have said before I am totally rubbish this season so in an attempt not to jinx anyone elses pick I''m going for Blyth Spartans to beat Stafford Rangers in the Conference North. This comes with a health warning because yet again I am off our League Table.

[/quote]

Wayhey, someone''s napped the Spartans at last! (not certain if they have been napped before, I haven''t noticed).

I''ll probably be out and about on Saturday, so if I hear lots of chanting from the ground I''ll know you''re on to a winner.

A point worthy of mention is that Blyth have the League''s leading scorer - Paul Brayson (ex-NUFC), he has a so good it''s silly goalscoring record at this level.

Thnx pups for all the superb picks they have been very very helpful[Y]

I have gone for the most popular picks, appologies if yours hasnt made the final selection...right here we go

Norwich to thrash palace...come on you yellows(My Pick also NN)

PSV...this was a very popular choice from the pups so had to go in[Y]

Barcelona...On fire atm and i see them winning comfortably

Fc Twente..2nd in the league and going great guns

Arsenal...they surely will have to much power for Huddersfield

Man City...im sure they will field a very strong team and will again have to much power for Notts county

Thnx again pups for all your help and thnx NN for the oppotunity to have the picks again[Y]

Fingers crossed and hope the footballing gods are on our side this weekend[:D]   OTBC

It''s the Conference North for me this week:-

Nuneaton v Redditch - Home win.

Good luck CTID and all fellow PUP''s

Greece for me this week please and I''ll go with......

Panathinaikos v Ergotelis...Home win.

Good luck to CTID and all this weeks pups.[Y]

Nice picks CTID

But i think we should all agree, if Norwich let us down this time, they should never be in the final 6 again :P

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Nice picks CTID But i think we should all agree, if Norwich let us down this time, they should never be in the final 6 again :P[/quote]I dont think they will GP[Y] 2nd spot becons, Lambert will have them well fired up[:D]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

Thnx pups for all the superb picks they have been very very helpful[Y]

I have gone for the most popular picks, appologies if yours hasnt made the final selection...right here we go

Norwich to thrash palace...come on you yellows(My Pick also NN)

PSV...this was a very popular choice from the pups so had to go in[Y]

Barcelona...On fire atm and i see them winning comfortably

Fc Twente..2nd in the league and going great guns

Arsenal...they surely will have to much power for Huddersfield

Man City...im sure they will field a very strong team and will again have to much power for Notts county

Thnx again pups for all your help and thnx NN for the oppotunity to have the picks again[Y]

Fingers crossed and hope the footballing gods are on our side this weekend[:D]   OTBC

[/quote]

Thankyou for these Dave, they all look good to me, and with a healthy potential return.

As you say, we need the footballing gods to be on our side, but with your six we are not asking them for much help.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now for my selection. As I have said before I am totally rubbish this season so in an attempt not to jinx anyone elses pick I''m going for Blyth Spartans to beat Stafford Rangers in the Conference North. This comes with a health warning because yet again I am off our League Table.

[/quote]

Wayhey, someone''s napped the Spartans at last! (not certain if they have been napped before, I haven''t noticed).

I''ll probably be out and about on Saturday, so if I hear lots of chanting from the ground I''ll know you''re on to a winner.

A point worthy of mention is that Blyth have the League''s leading scorer - Paul Brayson (ex-NUFC), he has a so good it''s silly goalscoring record at this level.

[/quote]

Let''s hope you hear plenty of cheering then Broadslim[Y]

I tried to sneak that selection in hoping that CTID wouldn''t notice it because I''m a bit of a jinx this season. However I like it, Spartans are steadily climbing the table and have won their last three without conceding a goal. One of those was a 3-0 victory over Telford. Their opponents, Stafford, have only picked up 2 points away all season. I''ll be watching with interest for the rest of the season to see if Spartans can maintain their climb up the table to see how far they can get.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

WITS, you''ll find the names are more interesting abroad! English club names (Aston Villa  and Crystal Palace apart) are SO boring. There is a whole world of oddball identities to savour out there. The Black Roses of American Samoa, The Green Buffaloes of Zambia. The intriguing Ganja. Not a Jamaican team, as it happens, but from Azerbaijan. Miscellaneous of Botswana. Churchill Brothers of India...

[/quote]

For colourful names the Japanese second division is hard to beat, with Fukuoka, Jef United and my alltime favourite Mito Hollyhock I kid you not.  If only their matches weren''t done and dusted before nutty has a chance to get our picks to Billy on a Saturday morning, they''d be my nap every week! [:D]

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

WITS, you''ll find the names are more interesting abroad! English club names (Aston Villa  and Crystal Palace apart) are SO boring. There is a whole world of oddball identities to savour out there. The Black Roses of American Samoa, The Green Buffaloes of Zambia. The intriguing Ganja. Not a Jamaican team, as it happens, but from Azerbaijan. Miscellaneous of Botswana. Churchill Brothers of India...

[/quote]

For colourful names the Japanese second division is hard to beat, with Fukuoka, Jef United and my alltime favourite Mito Hollyhock I kid you not.  If only their matches weren''t done and dusted before nutty has a chance to get our picks to Billy on a Saturday morning, they''d be my nap every week! [:D]

[/quote]

You two would just love it if I ever had to try and ask Billy for those teams in the final selections! [:)]

Fortunately, for me[:$], it''s not likely to happen because in order for a game to be considered for the final selections there must be a price for them on the oddschecker site. Obviously Billy won''t have a market for some of these more obscure leagues.

I enjoy the challenge of finding your results Purple and we try not to censor selections in any way. Arrdee would never have that and neither will I. But I can see a bit of a problem in the future. Because whilst you are marching up our PUPs league the other PUPs are restricted by the oddschecker rule.

There are a couple of games in Andorra this weekend and maybe yours will be listed later. But my fear is that one of these unlisted games is included in the final six meaning that we''d have to go with the other five.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/european-football/other-leagues/andorra

Please don''t feel I''m trying to censor anyones picks, I''m just concerned about the potential for problems.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You two would just love it if I ever had to try and ask Billy for those teams in the final selections! [:)]

Fortunately, for me[:$], it''s not likely to happen because in order for a game to be considered for the final selections there must be a price for them on the oddschecker site. Obviously Billy won''t have a market for some of these more obscure leagues.

I enjoy the challenge of finding your results Purple and we try not to censor selections in any way. Arrdee would never have that and neither will I. But I can see a bit of a problem in the future. Because whilst you are marching up our PUPs league the other PUPs are restricted by the oddschecker rule.

There are a couple of games in Andorra this weekend and maybe yours will be listed later. But my fear is that one of these unlisted games is included in the final six meaning that we''d have to go with the other five.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/european-football/other-leagues/andorra

Please don''t feel I''m trying to censor anyones picks, I''m just concerned about the potential for problems.

[/quote]

---

Cherub, that is magnificent. Thanks you.[Y] Mitto Hollyhock[W] v the Green Buffaloes...[8o|]

Dear me, nutty, and there was I thinking I was bringing some gaiety[<:o)] into the bet with my world tour[ip] (which is only 12 different countries out of 14...[;)]) and also giving you something to do to stop you getting into interminable playground arguments with...well, pretty much everybody actually!!![;)][:D][;)]

More seriously, I have only ever picked from countries listed on the oddschecker. What is true is that at the time I have picked them there were not always odds available, but there have - I think - always been some by Saturday morning. In time for the sainted Billy[A][Y] to pore over.

This particulars Andorran game may be a bit of a one-off. As you have seen a couple of other games there do have odds. I suspect this game is such a mismatch no-one thought it worth betting on. The other game I was looking at (the Libyan one) didn''t have odds earlier in the week but does now.

I would  like to continue considering such games but ultimately I am just a loyal and humble servant of the PUPs. If you prefer me only to pick games for which there are odds at the time of picking then I will.

Allez les chiots!!![Y][<:o)][Y]

Purple my friend, I would like you to carry on selecting whatever games you wish. I would never censor on this thread. I enjoy looking all over the world for your results, Barcelona, Manchester United and the like seem so mundane in comparison.

Trent maybe has the answer. He advised that the price was not yet on the oddschecker site. This would alert the guy making the final selections to check there before posting.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Purple my friend, I would like you to carry on selecting whatever games you wish. I would never censor on this thread. I enjoy looking all over the world for your results, Barcelona, Manchester United and the like seem so mundane in comparison.

Trent maybe has the answer. He advised that the price was not yet on the oddschecker site. This would alert the guy making the final selections to check there before posting.

[/quote]

-

Cheers, nutty. I think that is the answer. This week was perhaps a one-off. Partly because of this particular mismatch. Also because CTID was having to make the selection on a Thursday. However from now on I may delay my posting until Friday, to give those nice bookies as much time as possible to put up at least one set of odds. If I don''t think odds are going to be forthcoming then I''ll probably pick another fixture.