Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Sorry I''m late, and I''m sorry it didnt come of CTID. I will go for Arsenal tomorrow for the sakes of the PUP''s league. Hard luck, and it''s always hard with Norwich going down as well...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now for my selection. As I have said before I am totally rubbish this season so in an attempt not to jinx anyone elses pick I''m going for Blyth Spartans to beat Stafford Rangers in the Conference North. This comes with a health warning because yet again I am off our League Table.

[/quote]

Wayhey, someone''s napped the Spartans at last! (not certain if they have been napped before, I haven''t noticed).

I''ll probably be out and about on Saturday, so if I hear lots of chanting from the ground I''ll know you''re on to a winner.

A point worthy of mention is that Blyth have the League''s leading scorer - Paul Brayson (ex-NUFC), he has a so good it''s silly goalscoring record at this level.

[/quote]

Let''s hope you hear plenty of cheering then Broadslim[Y]

Great nap Eddie.  They made hard work of it, but Spartans hung on.  I would love to see them get in the BS Premier, but I think it will be a bit beyond them this season. 

Really tough luck CTID. 

Don''t feel down heartened the ''banker''  PSV very nearly messed it up against lowly Willem. 

I tried to sneak that selection in hoping that CTID wouldn''t notice it because I''m a bit of a jinx this season. However I like it, Spartans are steadily climbing the table and have won their last three without conceding a goal. One of those was a 3-0 victory over Telford. Their opponents, Stafford, have only picked up 2 points away all season. I''ll be watching with interest for the rest of the season to see if Spartans can maintain their climb up the table to see how far they can get.

[/quote]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now for my selection. As I have said before I am totally rubbish this season so in an attempt not to jinx anyone elses pick I''m going for Blyth Spartans to beat Stafford Rangers in the Conference North. This comes with a health warning because yet again I am off our League Table.

[/quote]

Wayhey, someone''s napped the Spartans at last! (not certain if they have been napped before, I haven''t noticed).

I''ll probably be out and about on Saturday, so if I hear lots of chanting from the ground I''ll know you''re on to a winner.

A point worthy of mention is that Blyth have the League''s leading scorer - Paul Brayson (ex-NUFC), he has a so good it''s silly goalscoring record at this level.

[/quote]

Let''s hope you hear plenty of cheering then Broadslim[Y]

Great nap Eddie.  They made hard work of it, but Spartans hung on.  I would love to see them get in the BS Premier, but I think it will be a bit beyond them this season. 

Really tough luck CTID. 

Don''t feel down heartened the ''banker''  PSV very nearly messed it up against lowly Willem. 

I tried to sneak that selection in hoping that CTID wouldn''t notice it because I''m a bit of a jinx this season. However I like it, Spartans are steadily climbing the table and have won their last three without conceding a goal. One of those was a 3-0 victory over Telford. Their opponents, Stafford, have only picked up 2 points away all season. I''ll be watching with interest for the rest of the season to see if Spartans can maintain their climb up the table to see how far they can get.

[/quote][/quote]

Oops, messed up that quote.

Really tough luck CTID. 

Thanks Nutty I just went to check the score and saw it''s happening next week. I would like to stick to that as my pick next week.

For this week and my own personal stats I would like to go for FC Twente Vs Feyenoord - Home win.

Davo

Did you go to the game Richard? That win means I''m back up to 50%! Teams that score goals always have a chance but Spartans have a lot to do to even make the play-offs. Still all they can do is win games and I''m going to be keeping an eye.

[quote user="Big Slob"]I can''t quote, but that is awesome. What''s the record for most amount won/wins for a season?

Did well to avoid Swansea.[/quote]Unlucky CTID.NN - Sorry to bug you with a further stats request... - Who has made the most correct picks over the seasons? And who holds the best win percentage? Guessing Mr Bump must hold at least one of those?

I''ll have a look when I do the stats for this week Trent. I would imagine you''d be right up there though.

WITS - I haven''t done the quiz yet and it won''t be to the scale I usually do because that would take all night. Maybe teams could be best? Depends how many people come I guess. In quizzes it''s best to  have a range of ages in a team so say you had young Nana to cover teenage, yourself to cover young adult someone my age to cover middleage and then Tilly to cover the OAP''s? Sound good[:^)]

Nutty, I have just looked for my selection but it appears to be missing did you get it this week? if not I selected Forest to beat Wet Spam unfortunately I was out done by a Binner (sorry obina)

Thought it was only fair to make sure my selection was recorded

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''ll have a look when I do the stats for this week Trent. I would imagine you''d be right up there though.

[/quote]

Well id have thought Bump would be top of the best percentage. Most winning picks would either be Bump, GH or maybe Inchy?

Thanks though, was curious. Happy to tot them up myself if its a long job.

Anyone following the Madrid game? 12 bookings in the match, and Osasuna 1-0 up. Sounds crazy but Barca have already got one hand on the title.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Nutty, I have just looked for my selection but it appears to be missing did you get it this week? if not I selected Forest to beat Wet Spam unfortunately I was out done by a Binner (sorry obina)

Thought it was only fair to make sure my selection was recorded

[/quote]

Thanks Drinks, it wasn''t there, or if it was I never saw it. This has happened before, I think with Scooby a few weeks ago. And NYC sent me a PM last week that never arrived.

I got my pick right this week but there have been plenty of weeks I wish mine hadn''t been posted![;)]

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Well id have thought Bump would be top of the best percentage. Most winning picks would either be Bump, GH or maybe Inchy?

Thanks though, was curious. Happy to tot them up myself if its a long job.

Anyone following the Madrid game? 12 bookings in the match, and Osasuna 1-0 up. Sounds crazy but Barca have already got one hand on the title.

[/quote]

It''s not a long job Trent, will do it over the next day when I do the stats[Y]

Didn''t see the Madrid game but know they lost. Could spoil it a bit for selections, I like to see pressure on the game.

Thanks again Dave, I hope you enjoyed the week because that‘s important as we lose 5 times as often as we win. All you final selectors are top PUPs, the only way to get on the rota is a top 40 finish.

57 of us picked this weekend with 43 correct making a success rate of 75%. Between us we gave CTID 24 different selections with 16 winning making a success rate of 67%. Which is exactly the percentage Dave got with his final selections.

Here is the latest PUPs League showing those with over 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks. It’s still really tight at the top, in fact all the way down and there’s a right battle to be in the top 40 in order to be a picker next season.

PUP Correct Picks Season %
Graham Humphrey [*]23-26 88
Norfolkbroadslim [*]23-26 88
Trent Canary [*]23-26 88
Beauseant 20-23 87
PurpleCanary 13-15 87
Canary Cherub 22-26 85
Cosmic Twin 22-26 85
Ginger Pele 22-26 85
Mr. Bump 22-26 85
Norfolkchance1 22-26 85
Herman 17-20 85
Inch High 21-26 81
Newyorkcanary 21-26 81
Scooby 20-25 80
Davo 20-26 77
Diesel Doris 20-26 77
Muddy funster 20-26 77
Statto 20-26 77
Hughesy 19-25 76
Jed Exodus 19-25 76
Sports Desk - Pete 19-25 76
Excited Canary 15-20 75
SWP=Poor Man''s Ruel Fox 17-23 74
Bruce Eating Walkers Crisps 19-26 73
1st Wazzock 18-25 72
Chelle 18-25 72
Charlie Farlie 17-24 71
City-Til-I-Die 17-24 71
Big Slob 12-17 71
Jimbo Jetset 16-23 70
Fonejacker 18-26 69
Til 1010 18-26 69
Pboro_Canary 17-25 68
Lappinitup 16-24 67
Duncan Edwards 14-21 67
Hissing Sid 17-26 65
Tony Da''Wonderful 17-26 65
Leedscanary 16-25 64
methcanary 16-25 64
Sparkos 16-25 64
Obiwancanary 14-22 64

Delia''s Devonshire.. 9-14 64
Fellas 15-24 63
GMF 15-24 63
Dogger 10-16 63
Shack Attack 10-16 63
NCFCStar 16-26 62

Berkshire Canary 8-13 62
Cityangel 15-25 60
Yankee Canary 15-25 60

Scrimmage 9-15 60
Mister Chops 13-22 59
The Butler 11-19 58
Kathy 13-24 54
I''m A Banana 13-26 50
nutty nigel 13-26 50
Jellytot 11-22 50
WITS 11-22 50

Mandie Moo''s Mear Kat 7-14 50

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

NN - Sorry to bug you with a further stats request... - Who has made the most correct picks over the seasons? And who holds the best win percentage? Guessing Mr Bump must hold at least one of those?
[/quote]

Here it is Trent. As usual the table includes those with at least 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks. If you take my 141 picks as "available weeks" then I make the cut off point 70 picks. Mister Bump and Beaus have the highest percentage. Inchy has made most correct picks. The other point that stands out from these is that we need Gentleman Jim back.

PUP - Correct - Picks - Lifetime %

Mr. Bump [*]89 103 86
Beauseant [*]68 79 86
Fonejacker 72 86 84
Scooby 59 72 82
Inch High 97 120 81
Til 1010 61 76 80
Norfolkbroadslim 77 97 79
Graham Humphrey 91 117 78
Trent Canary 89 114 78
Cosmic Twin 87 112 78
Newyorkcanary 95 123 77
Delia''s Devonshire.. 81 107 76
Sparkos 73 99 74
Mister Chops 72 98 73
Obiwancanary 69 95 73
Hughesy 69 94 73
Fellas 91 126 72
Pboro_Canary 87 121 72
Leedscanary 91 128 71
Shack Attack 76 107 71
Muddy funster 72 101 71
Norfolkchance1 93 133 70
Cityangel 83 119 70
Sports Desk Pete 78 111 70
Gentleman Jim 58 83 70
Diesel Doris 56 80 70
Yankee 90 130 69
Hissing Sid 79 116 68
GMF 65 95 68
methcanary 66 99 67
The Butler 62 92 67
1st Wazzock 69 104 66
Kathy 52 79 66
nutty nigel 91 141 65
Ginger Pele 49 77 64
1Dartmoore 41 70 59
Lappinitup 70 128 55
Jellytot 42 76 55
Blahblahblah 69 129 53

Cheers NN. Interesting stuff. Anything over 80% is a hell of an effort so well done guys and gals! The PUPS seem to be getting better every season, sure even more money is on the way [Y]

I''d like to thank my wife, all my brothers and sisters etc,etc,etcHa,ha..lol[:D]

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

"The other point that stands out from these is that we need Gentleman Jim back."

How come he left?

[/quote]

There was no big deal Trent. Jim doesn''t post on the board anymore. He felt it was causing him stress that he could do without. I tried to persuade him to stay as did a few others. He left on good terms and has been in contact with me since to wish everyone well.

Ray and I loved having him around. If there was an iffy post on the thread Ray would say to me "woe betide them when Jim sees that"! He was like this threads policeman[:)] I remember once Jas selected ipswich as his pick. Jellytot (Helen) posted that surely with all the other teams there were to pick from he could have found another game! Ray called me when he saw it and said she will incur the wrath of Gentleman Jim. And she did. And Jim was right because it''s not the done thing to question other peoples selections!

Jim''s a great bloke and I miss him!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Trent Canary"]

"The other point that stands out from these is that we need Gentleman Jim back."

How come he left?

[/quote]

There was no big deal Trent. Jim doesn''t post on the board anymore. He felt it was causing him stress that he could do without. I tried to persuade him to stay as did a few others. He left on good terms and has been in contact with me since to wish everyone well.

Ray and I loved having him around. If there was an iffy post on the thread Ray would say to me "woe betide them when Jim sees that"! He was like this threads policeman[:)] I remember once Jas selected ipswich as his pick. Jellytot (Helen) posted that surely with all the other teams there were to pick from he could have found another game! Ray called me when he saw it and said she will incur the wrath of Gentleman Jim. And she did. And Jim was right because it''s not the done thing to question other peoples selections!

Jim''s a great bloke and I miss him!

[/quote]Are you in touch with GJ still Nutty? Could you not have a word and tell him we all still miss him.[:(]

I haven''t heard from him for a while. I think he used to look on the thread occasionally. Hopefully he will see this.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I received a message from our great friend Gentleman Jim this morning and he interrupted his forum retirement to wish each and every one of us a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Top man is Jim [Y]

[/quote]

Eddie, I pulled this from an old thread - you posted it in December 09.  Do you know why Jim left?  Did he just ''retire''? 

Would be great to have him back, even if he only posted on free bet thread[:)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I received a message from our great friend Gentleman Jim this morning and he interrupted his forum retirement to wish each and every one of us a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Top man is Jim [Y]

[/quote]

Eddie, I pulled this from an old thread - you posted it in December 09.  Do you know why Jim left?  Did he just ''retire''? 

Would be great to have him back, even if he only posted on free bet thread[:)]

[/quote]

It was just the fact he didn''t need the stress in his life. I''ll message him but I guess we have to respect his choice.