Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week twenty six of the free bet season. This week it

s our good friend City-Til-I-Die in charge and making the final selections. CTID is doing very well in our league this season with 73% correct picks and comes onto his week in cracking form having picked correctly in ten of the last eleven weeks. On his turn last season he was very close too, being another of those PUPs who got five from the six.

But good as he undoubtedly is Dave will need us PUPs to be in great form to help him go one better and get six from six. There’s a great range of fixtures this week. We have the FA Cup and lower leagues in England, cup and league action in Scotland and of course all the European Leagues. This promises to be a great weekend for finding those naps. Don’t forget that in order for your pick to be eligible for the final selections there must be a price for it on the odds checker site which can be found in our PUPs library on the NCISA Web Site. Now I know CTID has been looking forward to his turn and is eagerly anticipating a bumper selection of great picks from all us PUPs. We need to be quick off the blocks this week though because he will be making the final selections on Thursday evening.

The revised rota for next months final selections is : -

February 5th Norfolkchance1

February 12th Pboro_Canary

February 19th Cityangel

February 26th Newyorkcanary

Our great friend Kev has been busy this week and has resurrected the "Rays Funds For Foncy Group" on Facebook. It can be found via this link or from the link on my signature.

Don’t forget 11th Feb is now confirmed for our next meet up and I will do a quiz for part of the evening. City Angel is bringing some nibbles and I’m going to make sure there’s plenty of Arrdee sausages to be consumed.

I

ll hand the free bet over to City-Til-I-Die now. Enjoy your week in charge, theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Dave... the free bet is yours.......[:)].....

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, yes Norfolkchance1 £1182 for the Academy,so far.

PSV Eindhoven, top of the league and (8-1-1  +29 at home) should be way too strong for bottom of the table Willem II ( 0-2-8  -20 away)

Good luck big fella and all you Pups![Y]

I''m going for a home win for FC Twente v. Feyenoord.

FC Twente are W6 D2 L1 F23 A9 at home and Feyenoord are W0 D3 L7 F6 A27 away.

Good Luck, CTID!

Good evening Nutmeister and very good luck to you CTID and all you other PUPs out there.

FA Cup for me and an away win for MAN CITY(2/5) v Notts County(7/1).

See you on 11th Nutty and yes i got your e-mail,26th Feb is fine with me.

I''m going into the minefield that is the FA Cup this week with

Southampton v Man Utd - Away Win

Best of luck CTID, and of course all PUPs.

See you on the 11th

Good Luck Dave! You deserve this mate, I''ll never forget all your help when we were trying to get those tickets a couple of seasons ago!Don''t forget Pups that Eddies Pups meet is the night before the Reading game at Carrow Road, so what better way to come and meet all your fellow Pups, then have a nice stay away in a hotel for the night, then see the boys march closer to promotion?As Eddie said before, I''m trying to get the Facebook page off the ground again. I know 42 of us are already members, but everyone is welcome join. I''ll be updating the page at least once a week - feel free to post your own banter on there too! I know Tilly enjoys it! Just a tip - Rays funds for foncy wall postings will appear on your news feed in Facebook if you are "friends" with the person that posts it. So if you are going away, but use a facebook app, add me to friends and you''ll be kept up to date with all the Free Bet news. My Nap this week is RUPERT MURDOCH v Andy Gray - HOME WINOh hang on a min,Notts County v MAN CITY - AWAY WINLeedscanary

Thnx again for the oppotunity NN[Y]

Its a privilege to have the picks once again and with the help of the other PUPS i will do my best to go 1 better than last time and get all 6[Y] and add some funds to the pot, A BIG thnx to Billy for his generosity for funding the bet each week[Y]

Some great picks so far please do keep them coming PUPS[:D]

Sorry if yours doesnt make the final 6 but i cant pick them all[;)]

Im going for Naarich to thrash palace this week so 5 more spaces to fill PUPS

[quote user="leedscanary"]

My Nap this week is RUPERT MURDOCH v Andy Gray - HOME WIN

[/quote]

Sorry Kev this one kicked off early and resulted in a convincing home win.

There was never any danger of an upset happening here.

It came down to 2 for me this week.  There are 3 games being played in the French Cup on Monday night. Rennes (3rd in Ligue 1) are at home to Reims (17th in Ligue 2) with only 1 league away win all season. It was close, but in the end I was swayed towards Eindhoven, who are playing on Saturday and should be far too good at home for Willem.  So my nap is -

Eindhoven vs. Willem II - home win

Goodluck everyone, best of luck CTID[:)][Y]

Arsenal to beat Huddersfield in the FA cup on sunday. As much as I can see Huddersfield going up, Arsenal will have way too much for them. Home win.

Good luck CTID and all pickers !

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

It came down to 2 for me this week.  There are 3 games being played in the French Cup on Monday night. Rennes (3rd in Ligue 1) are at home to Reims (17th in Ligue 2) with only 1 league away win all season. It was close, but in the end I was swayed towards Eindhoven, who are playing on Saturday and should be far too good at home for Willem.  So my nap is -

[/quote]

[:$]Oops, got my dates mixed up.  The French cup games are on Monay and Tuesday night, pleased I went with Eindhoven.

Sorry [:)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[:$]Oops, got my dates mixed up.  The French cup games are on Monay and Tuesday night, pleased I went with Eindhoven.

Sorry [:)]

[/quote]

I meant to say Tuesday and Wednesday, lol [:$][:$][:$]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"]I''m abandoning English league and heading back to Greece in the hope I''ll do better abroad.

Panathinaikos v Ergotelis  home win

2nd v 6th

Panathinaikos have won 7 out of 10 last home games; Ergotelis won 3 of last 9 away

Good luck peeps
[/quote]

---

WITS, you''ll find the names are more interesting abroad! English club names (Aston Villa  and Crystal Palace apart) are SO boring. There is a whole world of oddball identities to savour out there. The Black Roses of American Samoa, The Green Buffaloes of Zambia. The intriguing Ganja. Not a Jamaican team, as it happens, but from Azerbaijan. Miscellaneous of Botswana. Churchill Brothers of India...

Moving on, I''ve had another top Libyan tip from Colonel Gadaffi (Al-Ittihad to beat Al-Najma) but it''s tomorrow teatime. So we are off for the first time to Andorra, pearl of the Pyrenees.

Sant Julia to beat Encamp.

Sant Julia are 4-2-0 at home, with a 16-1 goal difference. Encamp are encamped at the bottom with a 0-0-6 and 5-26 record.

Bonne chance a tous![Y]

Good luck this week CTID, I''m going to move back to England this week, where I fully expect:

Swansea to beat Leyton Orient

Good luck CTID, and all you Pups.

[quote user="Herman "]FC PORTO V Rio Ave HOME WIN Good luck all[/quote]

Herman, I was looked at this game but unfortunately it''s not played until Feb 6th. Porto are in League Cup action this weekend. Hope you see this in plenty of time to pick again and CTID - please don''t select this one.

Now I messed up in my opening post. The revised rota for February should have read : -

February 5th Norfolkchance1

February 12th Pboro_Canary

February 19th Cityangel

February 26th Til 1010

The whole point of posting it was for that change on Feb 26th. Nutty''s cracking up! But the mistake prompted NYC to resend me a pm which I hadn''t received so it worked out for the best in the end!!

PM''s on this site do seem very hit & miss so the best way to contact me is by email Canaryeddie@aol.com

Now for my selection. As I have said before I am totally rubbish this season so in an attempt not to jinx anyone elses pick I''m going for Blyth Spartans to beat Stafford Rangers in the Conference North. This comes with a health warning because yet again I am off our League Table.