Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Derby game MUST be under threat!

[quote user="barclayendstand"]Remember Brentford at home last season, heavy snow for several days before the game, freezing temperatures, lots of predictions of a postponement or a risk of serious injury or death if the game went ahead.

The game did go ahead and nobody died![/quote]

Or was it Exeter. Someone in red and white strips in January!!

Just muse on the real danger ................ all those wonderful supporters come from over the border for the match and then get stranded in Norwich because of the weather.

I don''t see the problem. The game is televised, we have under-soil heating, so if anybody cannot go because of the weather they can watch it on the telly at home or in their local. Simples!!!!  [:D]

Will certainly be a chilly one but I''ll be one of a group on a balcony behind the River End that overlooks the road and the swimming pool from 10am with beer and bacon butties to keep us warm as we welcome our friends from down the road....

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Says who? They forecasts i have seen say no/very little snow... (i look at accuweather, and in my previous experience they are more accurate than met office/BBC (BBC use Met office don''t they?)[/quote]

All the major, local and Sky News say so, weather warnings the lot mate.

[/quote]

Not according to BBC Wiz http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/24

Anglia said last night that it might miss Norfolk altogether.

[/quote]BBC Weather is horrendously inaccurate. XC Weather is usually the most accurate source for us joe public, according to some pilots I know. Says that it''ll be well above freezing, midday on Sunday.http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/norwich

[quote user="Henry"]Just for once i hope Wiz is right.

Had a bloody heart attack Sunday night and cant go [U]

[/quote]

Seiously Henry?

Then I''m gutted for you fella, but hang on in there mate, it''ll get better for you, I promise.[Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Seiously Henry?

Then I''m gutted for you fella, but hang on in there mate, it''ll get better for you, I promise.[Y]

[/quote]

Wishing you a quick return to health Henry,all the best mate.[{]

[quote user="IncH_HigH "][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Seiously Henry?

[/quote]

Wishing you a quick return to health Henry,all the best mate.[{]

[/quote]

Same here from me.All the best geezer[Y]

Even if it snows, I seem to remember we have under ground heating. I think there was a game last year when pretty much every other game in the league was called off, but ours was still on :)

That''ll be the game against Exeter because I didn''t make it for that one as we had so much snow in Kent that weekend. I can walk this weekend though if we do get the white stuff. Pete - I like ketchup, not butter, and brown bread for my bacon butties [;)] plus a mug of black tea, cheers

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Will certainly be a chilly one but I''ll be one of a group on a balcony behind the River End that overlooks the road and the swimming pool from 10am with beer and bacon butties to keep us warm as we welcome our friends from down the road....
[/quote]

It''s a hard life Pete, but I suppose someone has to do it. [;)]

[quote user="Wooftie"]Even if it snows, I seem to remember we have under ground heating. I think there was a game last year when pretty much every other game in the league was called off, but ours was still on :)[/quote]

Arrgh! the game could/would be called off even if the pitch is ruddy perfect, its the surronding area, pavements, roads car parks etc which matter most, understand?[:@]

[quote user="Wooftie"]Even if it snows, I seem to remember we have under ground heating. I think there was a game last year when pretty much every other game in the league was called off, but ours was still on :)[/quote]

Arrgh! the game could/would be called off even if the pitch is ruddy perfect, its the surronding area, pavements, roads car parks etc which matter most, understand?[:@]

[/quote]

Are you going to be going to the game Wiz, if so where are you sitting?

I really hope it''s not called off as I''ve bought my Dad a ticket for his Birthday which is this Saturday. If it''s rearranged for a Tuesday he won''t be able to make it due to work.

Saying that I don''t think it''ll be bad and the game will go ahead, I''ll just have to remember to wear my boots in case there''s any icy paths.

Davo

[/quote] but as someone has already pointed out - Brentford at home last season - icy roads and pavements (and county hall car park) game was still on.And if it is called off will be a midweek evening game so a better atmosphere anyway :)

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Are you going to be going to the game Wiz, if so where are you sitting?

[/quote]

These days Angel it HAS to be the Community Stand, and yes, I''m hopeful.

Not sure what its like in Norwich but out in North Norfolk it snowed overnight and snowed again this morning for about an hour or so.

Went to Dereham which is about 15 miles and that took nearly an hour around these back roads at 10am

Then this afternoon the sun came out for a while and left the roads with pools of water and slush which I''m assuming could ice up overnight if there''s a frost

More snow expected here tonight according to the weather forecast on tv.

Whats it like in Norwich?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Not sure what its like in Norwich but out in North Norfolk it snowed overnight and snowed again this morning for about an hour or so.

Went to Dereham which is about 15 miles and that took nearly an hour around these back roads at 10am

Then this afternoon the sun came out for a while and left the roads with pools of water and slush which I''m assuming could ice up overnight if there''s a frost

More snow expected here tonight according to the weather forecast on tv.

[/quote]It''s bloody freezing!  The snow almost all melted but now it''s minus 1 and the ice is setting in.  Just had a heavy hail shower too.But I think we''ve played in worse than this, I reckon the game will go ahead.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Completely clear.
[/quote]

Yeah.

I''m in NR1 under 2 miles from the ground and there is no snow at all (at the minute).