Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Derby game MUST be under threat!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"]Almost 0.2 of a cm here in NR1.They may as well call it off now.[:(][/quote]Ah no, and what if it freezes?[/quote]Oh Lordy, the carnage.Won''t someone think of the children?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"]Almost 0.2 of a cm here in NR1.They may as well call it off now.[:(][/quote]Ah no, and what if it freezes?[/quote]Oh Lordy, the carnage.Won''t someone think of the children?[/quote]I wonder how long it will be until someone slips over, and then successfully sues the council/football club/house owner for not clearing the snow/ice away.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"]Almost 0.2 of a cm here in NR1.They may as well call it off now.[:(][/quote]Ah no, and what if it freezes?[/quote]Oh Lordy, the carnage.Won''t someone think of the children?[/quote]I wonder how long it will be until someone slips over, and then successfully sues the council/football club/house owner for not clearing the snow/ice away.[/quote]You would have thought if such a thing were possible someone would have done it last winter. I think the whole thing is a fallacy.

[quote user="city till i die"]sitting here on the rig watching some danish league side, and if they can play in near blizzard conditions , am sure we can cope with a little bit of snow and ice...[/quote]

Where are you atm CTID? Surely the old Maersk Explorer has ben put out to grass by now?

[quote user="city till i die"]sitting here on the rig watching some danish league side, and if they can play in near blizzard conditions , am sure we can cope with a little bit of snow and ice...[/quote]

You have got good eyesight.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"] Pete - I like ketchup, not butter, and brown bread for my bacon butties [;)] plus a mug of black tea, cheers
[/quote]

That''s not even funny.

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"] Pete - I like ketchup, not butter, and brown bread for my bacon butties [;)] plus a mug of black tea, cheers[/quote]

That''s not even funny.

[/quote]Maybe not yet it prompted a response from you didn''t it? lol

NR1 snow watch.Heavy shower earlier leaving a light dusting of maybe 2 or 3 centimetres.

[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/2010-11-27095643.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

It will be interesting to see what happens today and overnight. Last night we had about 2 inches of snow here, main road fairly clear but icy.

[/quote]

We''ve had about a man''s 6 inches here which as us ladies know is 3 inches [:)] Saying on the radio that Grapes Hill in Norwich is fun today [:)]

[quote user="morty"][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/14209195c6_thumb.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Hmm?

Forcast for this thread:

NAIL ON HEAD more like!

I''m in the Golden Triangle and the sun is melting the snow, I really think the match will go ahead tomorrow.  Best get the chains on those wheels, Wiz!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''m in the Golden Triangle and the sun is melting the snow, I really think the match will go ahead tomorrow.  Best get the chains on those wheels, Wiz!

[/quote]

Funny you should say that, I already have.[:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/14209195c6_thumb.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Hmm?

Forcast for this thread:

NAIL ON HEAD more like!

[/quote]The match WILL go ahead.[:)]

What is the deal here, alot of the Tweety brigade are saying game is off, anyone got something concrete on this?

[quote user="Twitchy"]What is the deal here, alot of the Tweety brigade are saying game is off, anyone got something concrete on this?[/quote]Weather here in NR1 is currently frosty, dropping to minus 5 overnight. About 1 or 2 cm''s of snow laying here and there, most paths a bit icy but not as bad as last winter. Forecast is for maybe more wintry showers overnight and tomorrow. Its really not that bad here.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Twitchy"]What is the deal here, alot of the Tweety brigade are saying game is off, anyone got something concrete on this?[/quote]Weather here in NR1 is currently frosty, dropping to minus 5 overnight. About 1 or 2 cm''s of snow laying here and there, most paths a bit icy but not as bad as last winter. Forecast is for maybe more wintry showers overnight and tomorrow. Its really not that bad here.[:)][/quote]Cheers Morts, panic over.

Conditions around the ground won''t be worse than vs Brentford last season, plus BBC1 coverage and undersoil heating means it should still be 90% likely to go ahead.

[quote user="Woman in the StandsWITS"]I''m gonna get in before all the worrymongers start and say it''s snowing lightly at the moment but the roads look clear considering.Take care one and all, whether on foot or in a vehicle, tis slippery out there![/quote]Must be nearly a centimetre laying here in NR1 now, I fear the worst.[;)]

snow is now stopping, once the sun comes out there wont be an issue. look at yesterday. 9 am was a blizzard and a half! by 3pm some pavements didnt have a smattering at all!

Hope you all get there and back in one piece... I''m still drunk from last night''s stag do, and my old man''s got an artificial hip... could be an interesting walk to the ground! ;)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Woman in the StandsWITS"]I''m gonna get in before all the worrymongers start and say it''s snowing lightly at the moment but the roads look clear considering.

Take care one and all, whether on foot or in a vehicle, tis slippery out there!
[/quote]

Must be nearly a centimetre laying here in NR1 now, I fear the worst.

[;)]
[/quote]

Got about another inch in my part of NR1.

Roads are not good, but hopefully they will clear with more use.

I have just driven down (and up again) Harvey Lane - my advice would be avoid this one like the plague !!!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Conditions around the ground won''t be worse than vs Brentford last season, plus BBC1 coverage and undersoil heating means it should still be 90% likely to go ahead.[/quote]Do you mean Exeter? That was when our game was one of only a handful in the country to go ahead - the journey to CR was actually quite scary that day.