Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Home derby moved forward to 11:30am for Sky TV

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Bloody joke, moving it to Sunday is bad enough, but a morning kick-off!
[/quote]Excellent!

Extra cash for the club and justifies to the wife me keeing Sky Sports HD.[img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/bolt.gif[/img]

At least its on the tv i guess.I cant believe that authorities are naive enough to think that by bringing the KO forward will put people off of getting drunk!Im getting fed up by the crap kick off times that surround this fixture now. If other derbies with a history of more violence can cope with better kick off times than so can we!

[quote user="E Block Loyal"]

Awful, was just about happy with 1.15.

Kicking off at 11.30 makes for a muted atmosphere and match. Really pissed off with this.

[/quote]Lol, muted?You really think so?

Who ever thought this one up I have a message for

“You are an absolute ------ ------“

Please cans somebody at our club and indeed down the A140 do something about this, it’s an absolutely disgrace

What a joke! Someone needs to kick up stink about this! I dont think there has been a morning kick off in english football for years!

can we ask the railway to schedule engineering work that day and also the council to dig up the A140 , that way we can sell no tickets in Suffolk and have Carrow Road filled with 27,000 NCFC supporters and keep the unclean mob away

1130 is a joke !!!!

Jeeezz never ruddy happy are we, moan when we have a big game and not on Sky and then moan when we are on Sky abeit at 11.30 kick off!!

Doesn''t matter for me as i''ll enjoy a pub brekkie with a couple of pints......nice!

1130 is just so much of a joke ... none of the pubs to watch the match in open until 12!

Meh, i''m not overly fussed by it. 11.30 is a bit more inconveniant but hey

can any representation be made to either club by fans organisations ( NCISA ) so the suffolk mob have any literate supporter group that can do it from there - this is ridiculous - almost wish we had stayed down in league 1 proper football at proper kick off times

Lol, gnash your teeth all you want, if Sky says its moving then its moved!

[quote user="gary "]can any representation be made to either club by fans organisations ( NCISA ) so the suffolk mob have any literate supporter group that can do it from there - this is ridiculous - almost wish we had stayed down in league 1 proper football at proper kick off times[/quote]Wish we were still in League 1 because of one 11.30 kick off? lol maybe a slight over reaction...

[quote user="morty"][quote user="E Block Loyal"]

Kicking off at 11.30 makes for a muted atmosphere and match. Really pissed off with this.

[/quote]

Lol, muted?

You really think so?
[/quote]

What''s funny about that?

Yeah, I do. You can''t honestly say that the atmosphere is as good early on a Sunday as it used to be for mid-week games or at 3 on a Saturday. There will obviously be a bit of edge in any derby match, but such an early start takes a lot of the sting out of it.

[quote user="E Block Loyal"][quote user="morty"][quote user="E Block Loyal"]

[/quote]Lol, muted?You really think so?[/quote]

Yeah, I do. You can''t honestly say that the atmosphere is as good early on a Sunday as it used to be for mid-week games or at 3 on a Saturday. There will obviously be a bit of edge in any derby match, but such an early start takes a lot of the sting out of it.

[/quote]I agree the last 11:30 kick off had nowhere near the usual derby atmosphere. Plus I genuinly think that kick off time affects the performance of the players.

[quote user="E Block Loyal"][quote user="morty"][quote user="E Block Loyal"]

[/quote]I personally think, regardless of the time, that people will be more than up for it this season. You must be going back a fair way, seems like quite a few years since the derby wasn''t moved.[:)]

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="E Block Loyal"][quote user="morty"][quote user="E Block Loyal"]

[/quote]I agree the last 11:30 kick off had nowhere near the usual derby atmosphere. Plus I genuinly think that kick off time affects the performance of the players.[/quote]Nothing to do with the fact we were maybe crap? So the time actually had little bearing?

[quote user="Matt Juler"]The atmosphere has been rubbish for years, can''t beat the old Friday night derby matches. 
[/quote]

Matt - don''t know if I''ve missed the point or not but I''ve been watching us since 1964 and I can''t ever remember a Friday evening derby - please excuse me if the senility is kicking in early!  Personally I much prefer the old Boxing Day/Easter Monday combo that used to be the regular norm.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I do not buy the Sun or Times and I have not got Sky........so mt post is valid!!.....[/quote]

Well played, SoB! If everyone was like you and me, football wouldn''t be in such a mess.

Tear your dishes down my friends. And get your news for free on the Internet.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="Matt Juler"]The atmosphere has been rubbish for years, can''t beat the old Friday night derby matches. 
[/quote]

Matt - don''t know if I''ve missed the point or not but I''ve been watching us since 1964 and I can''t ever remember a Friday evening derby - please excuse me if the senility is kicking in early!  Personally I much prefer the old Boxing Day/Easter Monday combo that used to be the regular norm.

[/quote]

Am fairly sure the home derby was on a Friday night in 1996/97 and 1997/98.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Am fairly sure the home derby was on a Friday night in 1996/97 and 1997/98.

[/quote]

Thanks Pete....obviously an era of the Club''s history that I''d rather forget!