Sign in to follow this  
Iwan_09

OLDHAM AWAY

How many do you think we will bring? Where is everyone drinking? What will be a good result?

Answers on a postcard...

Know we took a huge allocation for this game of like 3000 for this game. Not really sure why as even though our away supprot is brilliant cant see us taking that many to oldham which is what a 6-7 hour round trip at least

Looking at the away end and the segregation they have in place I can''t see how that stand can hold 4600 (3000 + 1600), it seems much more like the whole stand holds 3000 and the bigger section (ours) holds 1600? Unless they have done away with the segregation for Saturday and are giving us the whole stand?

[quote user="lmc"]Looking at the away end and the segregation they have in place I can''t see how that stand can hold 4600 (3000 + 1600), it seems much more like the whole stand holds 3000 and the bigger section (ours) holds 1600? Unless they have done away with the segregation for Saturday and are giving us the whole stand?[/quote]They''ve moved some season ticket holders, so guessing we''ve got the whole stand.

The rifle range is a decent boozer near the ground. Not going on Sat myself but have had many a cold after sitting in the drizzle up there! The locals are friendly enough though.

I actually think they have enough about them to cause us a few problems, should be a good game.

Anyone know how many Coaches are going? How does anyone ever find out? Does is say on the webstire? I always hear '' I hear we are bringing so and so amount of coaches'' but how do you find out? And as the Coach is leaving at 8.30, and Morrison''s opens at 8.00, do you think it would be cutting it a bit fine, if my brother went and got seats on the coach, and I went and got grub? [:D]

[quote user="Brendo "]Anyone know how many Coaches are going? How does anyone ever find out? Does is say on the webstire? I always hear '' I hear we are bringing so and so amount of coaches'' but how do you find out?

And as the Coach is leaving at 8.30, and Morrison''s opens at 8.00, do you think it would be cutting it a bit fine, if my brother went and got seats on the coach, and I went and got grub? [:D]

[/quote]Don''t want to sound like your mum, but I''m sure that if it takes you 5-10 minutes to buy food then you''ll be fine.  15-20 minutes you should be okay, any longer than 20 minutes then you''ll be cutting it a little fine.  Will you be okay crossing the ring road by yourself?

You''ll be cutting it fine in Morissons. Get it the day before, the coach seats get taken early.

1300 Norwich have got tickets so far, according to the Oldham site.

Dont forget there will be a coach you wont be able to get on, as the steward will stand in the doorway and say its for "regulars only " ( his mates ). One of the reasons I stopped going by coach. 

[quote user="barclaybabe"]

as im picking it up from the depot, as it is a large amount of supporters i predict about 8-10 coaches

[/quote]You''re picking it up from the depot? What, you''re driving the coach? Sweet...I''m finishing work and 2 then getting driven there with the kids... lucky I''m only 20 minutes away from the ground, then! Excited, me... providing my tickets turn up in time, that is!Anyone know if there''s beerage in the stand?

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Does Boundary Park have undersoil heating? Heard there might be some snow around and cold start not to mention a lot of rain.[/quote]

I''m worried about this too. They have already had a couple of home games called off this season and their pitch is horrendous by all accounts... Hopefully the temp goes up a couple over the wknd

[quote user="Iwan_09"]

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Does Boundary Park have undersoil heating? Heard there might be some snow around and cold start not to mention a lot of rain.[/quote]

I''m worried about this too. They have already had a couple of home games called off this season and their pitch is horrendous by all accounts... Hopefully the temp goes up a couple over the wknd

[/quote]Its not actually so bad up here, quite mild considering and we''ve mostly had rain instead of snow... we should be fine!

Picked our tickets up today and apparently we have sold about 2,000 plus according to the lady who served me?Cash payments will also be available on the turnstile up to a max 3,000 allocation.  Let''s hope that we can get up to 2,500ish at least!

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Know we took a huge allocation for this game of like 3000 for this game. Not really sure why as even though our away supprot is brilliant cant see us taking that many to oldham which is what a 6-7 hour round trip at least[/quote]We would of taken the 3,000 allocation as the stand we are in is split in two.  We had to opt for either 1,600 or 3,000 allocation.

[quote user="lmc"]So it looks like we got the 1600 block then, wouldn''t have said that was ''huge large''!![/quote]Either the woman selling the tickets today or the Oldham website is full of bull.I was told 3,000 allocation and we have currently sold about 2,000 when I picked mine up about 5pm today.

I got my tickets just before the Southampton game and was given row B - asked if they had any further back and was told no because we''d nearly sold out! I swear the ticket office just make it up as they go along...

[quote user="s10_yellow"]I got my tickets just before the Southampton game and was given row B - asked if they had any further back and was told no because we''d nearly sold out! I swear the ticket office just make it up as they go along...
[/quote]

lol they must do because i picked mine up on sat as well, and they pretty much said take your pick where you want to sit.

[quote user="barclaybabe"]

as im picking it up from the depot, as it is a large amount of supporters i predict about 8-10 coaches

[/quote]Now I''m not going to this one so I''m sure I''ll get a bit of a stick if I''m wrong but there is no chance of there being 8-10 coaches going.  I''d expect half of that to be going as that seems to be pretty standard.

Rather cold and wet this morning in South Manchester, thus doing nothing for the stereo-type that all it ever does is rain in Manchester...

[quote user="Anderz"]Rather cold and wet this morning in South Manchester, thus doing nothing for the stereo-type that all it ever does is rain in Manchester...[/quote]Guarantee it will be like this tomorrow ready for the arrival of our Norwich friends, even though this week has seen some beautiful sunshine and unseasonal warmth (albeit briefly)...

It''ll be fine tomorrow, got a bit of snow a few nights ago and it was freezing (I was rather inebriated and still felt it) but its returned to the usual - pissing it down today but not cold

Can''t wait!

Safe trip to all those going, how lonf will it take you from Norwich?