Sign in to follow this  
dezmondo18

5 figure compensation from news of the world

It''s nice to see this club being taking seriously for once if this was last year we would of just left it then all of us would of been panicking about administration. For once we have a some blee*ing good men in that board room and it shows other people that we arent to be messed with any longer & proves these papers are lies.Now to get Tony Fernandes in ......

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]An apology and 10 grand, we showed em boys[Y][/quote]

Where did you get £10k from?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]An apology and 10 grand, we showed em boys[Y][/quote]

[/quote]

Whatever it is it''s below a hundred grand.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Whatever it is it''s below a hundred grand.
[/quote]what ever it is ITS REAL MONEY, for some journo FU

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Whatever it is it''s below a hundred grand.[/quote]Expect that pays for Ollie Johnson then! Thanks NOTW, he''s scored three goals for us already, two of them vital! [;)]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Whatever it is it''s below a hundred grand.[/quote]Expect that pays for Ollie Johnson then! Thanks NOTW, he''s scored three goals for us already, two of them vital! [;)][/quote]

Or cover Cureton''s wages for the remainder of the season.Take your pick. [;)]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Whatever it is it''s below a hundred grand.[/quote]Expect that pays for Ollie Johnson then! Thanks NOTW, he''s scored three goals for us already, two of them vital! [;)][/quote]

Or cover Cureton''s wages for the remainder of the season.Take your pick. [;)][/quote]I hear he had a cracking game for the Shrews today, and he did once dye his hair green...

"I would have suggested that we gave the compensation to the NoTW....Then we would have been a nicer club in their eyes...

....But, that''s why the club has nose-dived since my departure"....

The "apology" looks like it was written by an eight year old!

"Yesterday, I was rude to Mummy, that was wrong because..."

"On 24 January we said that Norwich City was on the brink of financial meltdown and could go into administration that week without major new investment. That was wrong because..."

As begrudging an apology as you''ll ever see...look out, they''ll have it in for us now!

I think although in jest Mello makes a valid point. Can you imagine under the Donkey regime this happening?. I think it makes a very strong statement and if you add in LP''s fees it will be reasonably substantial. Hats off to McNasty and the boys.

---

What is noticeable about that apology, which as these things go is actually fairly straightforwardly apologetic, is that it doesn’t go on to mention that the NotW has paid our costs and an undisclosed sum in damages.

That is the normal way in which the plaintiff (that’s us, in this case) forces the defendant to make it obvious to the public that they have won hands down.

They''re great those apologies aren''t they. There''s never any explanation. It''s always just, "We said this. This was wrong. Sorry"

Like they give a s**t. We should have stipulated that they said how and why they made up a complete load of BS. Plus an admission that they regularly just make up crap, no matter who it effects, just to fill their rag.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]The "apology" looks like it was written by an eight year old! "Yesterday, I was rude to Mummy, that was wrong because..." "On 24 January we said that Norwich City was on the brink of financial meltdown and could go into administration that week without major new investment. That was wrong because..." As begrudging an apology as you''ll ever see...look out, they''ll have it in for us now![/quote]

I read it as it''s exactly how they wish it to sound. They''re taking the p***....

''That was wrong because the club was not on the brink and they do not need new investment to stave off administration nor had they called in administrators. ''

Maybe it''s just paranoid me

[quote user="cityangel"]

It could be £95k which will be helpful for something.

[/quote]George Galloway was awarded £150,000 for what was an extremely serious defamation, and one that went to trial. I would be very surprised if the damages in our case, especially as it has been settled out of court, were anything like close to £100,000. A low five-figure sum is much more likely.

[quote user="a1canary"]They''re great those apologies aren''t they. There''s never any explanation. It''s always just, "We said this. This was wrong. Sorry"

Like they give a s**t. We should have stipulated that they said how and why they made up a complete load of BS. Plus an admission that they regularly just make up crap, no matter who it effects, just to fill their rag.[/quote]What they also fail to mention is that they quite clearly got their NCFC''s mixed up, with Notts County nearly going into meltdown soon after.  Apologising without an explanation suggests that all they did was trust a dodgy source - "we''re really sowwy, but a bigger boy told us to do it"... apologising and stating that they got themselves in a bit of a muddle suggests that the journalist and editing team are a bit stupid...

Shove the money Cowlings way...he can take it and shut the hell up about compensation for Lambo

Dear NCFC.

We recently published an article that was a  we would like to say  for outright  about the best team in the league  Next week we will be telling lies about the   having a decent crowd at  

I would like to take the time and publish my own story, now, I''m a decent journo and I have written a story about myself.

We at  are a bunch of  and I''m a