Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

Has anyone been turned down for a home end Col Who ticket ?

My bank has been credited today and my tickets cancelled........anybody else on here been rumbled??

For those with tickets do not post anything on here about them.

Will still go to the game, never failed to get in yet, there''s always somebody with spares!!

Again if the Norwich ticket office has your address on record buying Norwich tickets then I expect this info would have been given to Colchester.

There will be more as yet, our fans are being asked for any information that may reveal further infiltrators, and I gather the club has had a lot of messages that they are working through. The game is all but sold out now, so any cancelled tickets are being put back on the market to be sold to home fans only.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Again if the Norwich ticket office has your address on record buying Norwich tickets then I expect this info would have been given to Colchester.[/quote]Would we honestly help them after this could have been avoided?

My understanding is that they are looking through all first time ticket applications and using intelligence from this board and others!!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Again if the Norwich ticket office has your address on record buying Norwich tickets then I expect this info would have been given to Colchester.[/quote]Without a doubt Nexus this match is going to be policed like a riot zone, Essex Police have made it a category C game and warned anybody stepping out of line will be dealt with robustly and firmly, in other words a kicking behind the scenes, great eh [:(]http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/4834509.Police_ready_if_trouble_brews_at_U___s_clash_against_Norwich/?ref=mr

Yes your club will help if they have got any sense because if your fans cause any trouble in the home ends you will be up before the authorities for failing to keep your fans in order, that could cost you a lot of cash.

[quote user="Colchester fan"]Yes your club will help if they have got any sense because if your fans cause any trouble in the home ends you will be up before the authorities
for failing to keep your fans in order, that could cost you a lot of cash.
[/quote]

But if they''re in the home end then how can you prove that they''re Norwich fans? After all Colchester have surely vetted all applications?

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Again if the Norwich ticket office has your address on record buying Norwich tickets then I expect this info would have been given to Colchester.[/quote]Would we honestly help them after this could have been avoided?[/quote]

Your club won''t have a choice Nexus, otherwise it''s called aiding and abetting. How could it have been avoided though? You know your ticket allocation, your club is running a perfectly fair ballot to determine who gets those tickets - nobody is forcing the remainder to contravene ground regulations and infiltrate home areas, and Colchester United are doing everything possible to identify those that try to and block their access. What else could we do?

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Again if the Norwich ticket office has your address on record buying Norwich tickets then I expect this info would have been given to Colchester.
[/quote]

Without a doubt Nexus this match is going to be policed like a riot zone, Essex Police have made it a category C game and warned anybody stepping out of line will be dealt with robustly and firmly, in other words a kicking behind the scenes, great eh [:(]

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/4834509.Police_ready_if_trouble_brews_at_U___s_clash_against_Norwich/?ref=mr
[/quote]

I hardly think so, ready they might be, but they wouldn''t put their futures and jobs at risk.  Years ago it went on, but not now, they dare not.

[quote user="Colchester fan"]Yes your club will help if they have got any sense because if your fans cause any trouble in the home ends you will be up before the authorities for failing to keep your fans in order, that could cost you a lot of cash.[/quote]

I think you may be missing the point, we are not trouble makers, we just want to watch the game in peace!! May the best team win.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Again if the Norwich ticket office has your address on record buying Norwich tickets then I expect this info would have been given to Colchester.[/quote]Would we honestly help them after this could have been avoided?[/quote]Im affraid Norwich City will be assisting Colchester in every way shape or form.The LEGAL implecations of trouble which could have been prevented if  Norwich had not refused to hand over thier ticketing info could well put our club right in the sh*t.Im affraid the police will seize it if they want it.Im affraid we live in a facist state, just not a lot of people have actually noticed this as its hidden well and we have lets say a "false democracy" in place. :)

[quote user="wessex_exile"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Again if the Norwich ticket office has your address on record buying Norwich tickets then I expect this info would have been given to Colchester.
[/quote]

Would we honestly help them after this could have been avoided?
[/quote] Your club won''t have a choice Nexus, otherwise it''s called aiding and abetting. How could it have been avoided though? You know your ticket allocation, your club is running a perfectly fair ballot to determine who gets those tickets - nobody is forcing the remainder to contravene ground regulations and infiltrate home areas, and Colchester United are doing everything possible to identify those that try to and block their access. What else could we do?[/quote]

What you should have done is what virtually any other club would do which is put home tickets on sale first to home season ticket holders, home members and their guests (with a limit as to how many tickets each could buy) and then only put them on general sale nearer the date of the game if there were still tickets left. What you did was put tickets on general sale 3 months before the game with people able to buy 10, 15 or 25 if they wanted to online with no checks. Then just to compound the error your chairman went in the press and made it clear to Norwich fans that they would only ever get a 1900 allocation even if Col U could not sell their own tickets. Had he not done that I suspect many Norwich fans would have been oblivious to the fact tickets were going to be in such short supply, probably until now! We were always going to have more than 1900 fans who wanted to see this match. it was inevitable that with the tickets on general sale Norwich fans would buy them once your chairman piped up. i get the impression that Col U woke up to all this far too late hence the current efforts your ticket office is having to take to try and rectify the situation.

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Again if the Norwich ticket office has your address on record buying Norwich tickets then I expect this info would have been given to Colchester.
[/quote]

Without a doubt Nexus this match is going to be policed like a riot zone, Essex Police have made it a category C game and warned anybody stepping out of line will be dealt with robustly and firmly, in other words a kicking behind the scenes, great eh [:(]

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/4834509.Police_ready_if_trouble_brews_at_U___s_clash_against_Norwich/?ref=mr
[/quote]

police have no duristriction or authority in a football stadium... its up to the stewards to do the removing... the old bill can collar you once chucked out though... check it out online for the details.

Despite all the things in place im willing to bet Colchesters ground will be 60 - 40 Norwich fans and the "home" fans will see a lot of new faces who are not singing.Post match, be prepared for a few (stupid) people to let you know who they are and the smart ones to slip outside and let you know about it once out of shot of the old bill !Whatever the case Colchester, be prepared for a disapointing and humiliating day on the pitch and in your own stadium !

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Will our supporters in the Col home sections be going incognito or will they wear colours?[/quote]incog unless you want to be shown the door before you get through it. Id even suggest wearing some blue or white.Its not about being Billy Big spuds and walking in wearing your full Darren Huckerby replica kit its all about if you want to watch the game and not get thrown out by the stewards.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Will our supporters in the Col home sections be going incognito or will they wear colours?[/quote]

incog unless you want to be shown the door before you get through it. Id even suggest wearing some blue or white.
Its not about being Billy Big spuds and walking in wearing your full Darren Huckerby replica kit its all about if you want to watch the game and not get thrown out by the stewards.

[/quote]

I agree

You could always wear it under something then get it out in the last few mins......[:S][li]

oh and "zipping up ones jacket" or "wearing a sweater" to cover your Norwich colours probably isnt going to work, if they are serious and I think they will be they will probably ask to check or ask " you wearing a football shirt sir ?"Now IF... and this is a big IF and im affraid Colchester are a) to stupid  b) to spitefull to think of it they will open another section in the home fans for "away fans" and quietly section all the Norwich fans off into a seperate area.But no seats are sold and Colchester have dug their grave or should i say Cowling has.At the end of the day Colchester, i think its gotten to the point where we dont hate you, we dont hate your pub team and we actually have no beef with you. We only hate Ips*it and Wolves.BUTWe F*****g hate your Chairman !

[quote user="jibbajabba"]Nexus. are you saying there will be 6,000 Norwich fans to 4,000 Colu (60-40)?[/quote]Yeh whats colchester got... like including Dorris the tea lady and Parson McMurphy the village priest...... 500 fans max ??

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Despite all the things in place im willing to bet Colchesters ground will be 60 - 40 Norwich fans and the "home" fans will see a lot of new faces who are not singing.
Post match, be prepared for a few (stupid) people to let you know who they are and the smart ones to slip outside and let you know about it once out of shot of the old bill !

Whatever the case Colchester, be prepared for a disapointing and humiliating day on the pitch and in your own stadium !
[/quote]

There won''t be that many as I suspect many will end up getting tickets in the ballot after all. Would not surprise me though if there are several hundred as there were quite a lot at Wycombe last saturday.

Anyone going in there should not wear colours or they won''t get in. If its anything like Carrow Road i suspect its only certain stands where you would be in dangerof getting any real hassle. i suspect most City fans who''ve got home end tickets will have bought them in the stands at the side. As I understand it its their home end behind the far goal thats the only real vocal area of the ground where there might be a more hostile reception. The side stands appear to be family areas or old duffers stands.

The laws relating to football and public order are very loosely worded and open to interpretation. This guide is intended to help football fans get an understanding of the basic laws and their rights.

Ticket laws
Under the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act it is a criminal offence for you to resell a spare ticket - even if it is for cost price or less - or even free!
Stop and Search.
The police have the right to stop and search you outside the ground if they have ''reasonable suspicion'' that you have committed a criminal offence, or if a senior officer believes that there is a likely incident of serious violence in the area''.
You can also be searched as you enter the ground and have personal items confiscated.
These include banners with poles, flares, bottles, cameras etc. You may experience great difficulty in getting your possessions back after the game. You are advised to get written permission from the club before attempting to bring in large flags, musical instruments etc.
Where you can be searched
The police can search you in any place that is generally open to the public.

If you''re are told to move on from the locality, the police can specify the means and route, although the law fails to define ''locality,'' so they could force you to travel a considerable distance.

Most clubs employ stewards for crowd control. They have the rights of citizens arrest'' (i.e. if you have committed a criminal offence they can arrest you and hand you over to the police) but in reality the police will invariably back up their actions, right or wrong.

Police powers of arrest

The cops can arrest you if they have a valid arrest warrant, or:

* you are in the act of committing certain offences
* they have reasonable grounds for suspecting you are committing certain offences
* they have reasonable grounds for suspecting you have committed certain offences
* you are about to commit certain offences
* they have reasonable grounds for suspecting you are about to commit certain offences.

In other words, behave and you won''t be arrested [:D]

[quote user="Colchester fan"]Yes your club will help if they have got any sense because if your fans cause any trouble in the home ends you will be up before the authorities for failing to keep your fans in order, that could cost you a lot of cash.[/quote]then i take it back to the root cause and provocation Cowling has caused!

Sorry Jim (fine manager btw, very fond memories of his time at Layer Rd - not least bringing Bobby Gough and John Froggatt with him from Boston) - I''ve read and re-read your post, and nowhere have you mentioned your obligation as visiting fans to respect the ticketing arrangements that were in place and join the ballot for the 1,900 places available.

How Colchester United sell the remainder to home fans is our business, and in this instance that meant removing the autocratic hierarchical structure that often plagues such matches, to make tickets immediately available to all, including the transient fair-weather fans whom we have to attract and keep if we want to remain financially secure.

Needless to say, you have exploited this opportunity, and now the club are slowly, one by one, finding you out. Of course they won''t spot you all before 3pm on 16th, but that''s when the stewards etc take over - if you''re ejected during the game, I think it''s safe to say you can forget any possibility of a refund, and has been mentioned by me and others, possibly face a banning order as well.

You all, collectively, need to move on from the fact our Chairman doesn''t like your club - he has good reason, you need to understand that and stop taking everything so personally.

Woke up to it too late? Our Chairman - who we love every bit as much as the great Peter Hearn before him - has managed to galvanise support in the town for this game to a level we haven''t seen in a long time, so much so that the game is currently a sell-out (yes - I know, that''s only because there''ll be 5k Norwich fans yadda yadda yadda).

He''s done well I reckon. Now, try and get over we don''t like you and come and have a game of football.

It is, after all, just 3pts.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

There won''t be that many as I suspect many will end up getting tickets in the ballot after all. [/quote]

I don''t think so Jim, they said that there will be just over 1000 people who won''t get tickets which makes sense, 3000 applications, 1000 ish went to Groups 1& 2 which left about 2000 applications for 900 tickets.