Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

Has anyone been turned down for a home end Col Who ticket ?

[quote user="wessex_exile"]Sorry Jim (fine manager btw, very fond memories of his time at Layer Rd - not least bringing Bobby Gough and John Froggatt with him from Boston) - I''ve read and re-read your post, and nowhere have you mentioned your obligation as visiting fans to respect the ticketing arrangements that were in place and join the ballot for the 1,900 places available. How Colchester United sell the remainder to home fans is our business, and in this instance that meant removing the autocratic hierarchical structure that often plagues such matches, to make tickets immediately available to all, including the transient fair-weather fans whom we have to attract and keep if we want to remain financially secure. Needless to say, you have exploited this opportunity, and now the club are slowly, one by one, finding you out. Of course they won''t spot you all before 3pm on 16th, but that''s when the stewards etc take over - if you''re ejected during the game, I think it''s safe to say you can forget any possibility of a refund, and has been mentioned by me and others, possibly face a banning order as well. You all, collectively, need to move on from the fact our Chairman doesn''t like your club - he has good reason, you need to understand that and stop taking everything so personally. Woke up to it too late? Our Chairman - who we love every bit as much as the great Peter Hearn before him - has managed to galvanise support in the town for this game to a level we haven''t seen in a long time, so much so that the game is currently a sell-out (yes - I know, that''s only because there''ll be 5k Norwich fans yadda yadda yadda). He''s done well I reckon. Now, try and get over we don''t like you and come and have a game of football. It is, after all, just 3pts.[/quote]

I agree with you to a large extent but you also need to wake up and smell the coffee and accept that when your team has a large away following and there is a big game then many fans will do what it takes to get tickets. My point was simply that Col U should have anticpated this from the outset. If they didn''t then that is perhaps naive. If they did yet still chose to sell tickets on general sale in the way they have done then they have only themsleves to blame (partly if not mainly) for the current situation.

Do you think that when leeds play Millwall and the away teams get given about 500 tickets the home teams then put home tickets on general sale so anyone can buy them?

[quote user="wessex_exile"]Sorry Jim (fine manager btw, very fond memories of his time at Layer Rd - not least bringing Bobby Gough and John Froggatt with him from Boston) - I''ve read and re-read your post, and nowhere have you mentioned your obligation as visiting fans to respect the ticketing arrangements that were in place and join the ballot for the 1,900 places available. How Colchester United sell the remainder to home fans is our business, and in this instance that meant removing the autocratic hierarchical structure that often plagues such matches, to make tickets immediately available to all, including the transient fair-weather fans whom we have to attract and keep if we want to remain financially secure. Needless to say, you have exploited this opportunity, and now the club are slowly, one by one, finding you out. Of course they won''t spot you all before 3pm on 16th, but that''s when the stewards etc take over - if you''re ejected during the game, I think it''s safe to say you can forget any possibility of a refund, and has been mentioned by me and others, possibly face a banning order as well. You all, collectively, need to move on from the fact our Chairman doesn''t like your club - he has good reason, you need to understand that and stop taking everything so personally. Woke up to it too late? Our Chairman - who we love every bit as much as the great Peter Hearn before him - has managed to galvanise support in the town for this game to a level we haven''t seen in a long time, so much so that the game is currently a sell-out (yes - I know, that''s only because there''ll be 5k Norwich fans yadda yadda yadda). He''s done well I reckon. Now, try and get over we don''t like you and come and have a game of football. It is, after all, just 3pts.[/quote]

A banning order? 

He hasn''t caused any trouble, he just doesn''t want your money (in your specific case that''s fine, because he''s not getting it). Your club has your official allocation, it''s far more than you would normally expect (19% of capacity), the rest he wants to sell to Col U supporters.

Is that your definition of a prat?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

A banning order? 

[/quote]Yup you will be banned from Colchester Football club, as we wont be down these parts next season it wont even matter !!

NorfolkBS - not if you go quietly, but as our own fans have already experienced this season and last, kick up enough of a fuss that the police have to get involved, and Yes - banning order it is I''m afraid.

[quote user="wessex_exile"]He hasn''t caused any trouble, he just doesn''t want your money (in your specific case that''s fine, because he''s not getting it). Your club has your official allocation, it''s far more than you would normally expect (19% of capacity), the rest he wants to sell to Col U supporters.

Is that your definition of a prat?[/quote]Running his fat mouth to the pressBeing a spitefull little gimp over these tickets which he will NOT sell as Colchester could not fill thier ground on thier own name even if they gave the tickets away for freeThats 2 reasons for ya right there

I dont see the issue he has with us ?!? I mean... you got Aidy Boothroyd, and hes a farrrrrrrr better manager than Lambert.....right??????

Banning order...absolute bollcks. Anyone found to be in the wrong area would be chucked out ,end of. You make it sound like your club is the FBI with Clarice Starling sifting through tons of paperwork. Your stewards will mop up the rest of the infiltrators like the Israli Secret Service. I think you are getting just a tad carried away with all this. This is probably the most exciting thing to happen to your club. Enjoy the spotlight but know it will all be over soon.

I once remember Ken Bates commentating on Norwich atfer we beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge some years ago. He said that Chelsea''s long term future will be better than Norwich''s even after this defeat. It annoyed me but it was true. Our long term future will be better than yours and we will soon forget about this dirty little episode. Enjoy your 15 minutes.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Despite all the things in place im willing to bet Colchesters ground will be 60 - 40 Norwich fans [/quote]

So now there will be 6,000 budgies....is it any wonder some of you get laughed at.

Here''s hoping in the week before and after we can have a proper debate about the game itself.

[quote user="Magnificent Seven"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Despite all the things in place im willing to bet Colchesters ground will be 60 - 40 Norwich fans [/quote]

So now there will be 6,000 budgies....is it any wonder some of you get laughed at.

Here''s hoping in the week before and after we can have a proper debate about the game itself.

[/quote]Well no... if we send 2000 then we will have 4/1 Colchester fans work out the maths2000 "budgies"500 villagers, *

* including Dorris the Tea Lady, or it woulda been 499.. they told her to leave the scones for the village fair, supporting the local team was more important ! So everyone in the village is pulling thier weight.

There is no way Colchester stewards will be able to remove over 2000+ fans from the home ends. Do you have 2000 stewards on duty for the game? I doubt it mate, and as has already been pointed out on this thread police have no durastriction inside a sporting arena.

We wouldnt be punished either, you would, as its being held at your stadium and its therefore up to you to control the fans.

Apologies for repetition but quite simply the Col U chairman is guilty of pig ignorance and a massive misguided ego.

I just hope that the powers that be at the FA have kept an eye on his immature outpourings regarding this fixture.

It has been totally unacceptable and I cannot recall a person in league football, in such a responsible position, ever having behaved in this manner relating to a fixture of this sort.

Total madness!!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Its your stadium, we are guests of your stadium, and you have failed to control your guests....read the small print in your conetract!!![/quote]

Kiss My Face !

leeds were given extra tickets because they could sell them and we couldnt. for this game we have been able to sell them, it really is as simple as that. we could have sold more tickets (and enquired about getting more) on the opening day of the season, but rightly your club sold them to home fans. what would have been shooting themselves in the foot would be if the request was refused only for the away fans to be sat next to a load of empty seats.

I still dont understand how Colchester will sell all thier tickets i mean.. all 500 of the village have got them.ok ok..add 300 , another 500 at a push of fair weather fans, business types wanting to watch Norwich and other local dignitaries.....wanting to see NorwichSo end of the day, unless old Scowling is going to sit in his office with all the unsold stubs gloating , F*** knows what else your gonna do with them?UNLESS...you got a load of fat fans who need to buy 2 seats for thier 1 arse ?

Have sold Nexus - it is sold out apart from the reclaimed tickets which are being sokd as fast as we can reclaim them,

I know it irks a bit but we are making more money by not giving you extra. Ta.

Well done Nexus, you''re descending from ''found out'' to ''big-club-itus'' troll very successfully. There are 3 forms of there:

There: as in "over there"

They''re: as in "they are"

Their: as in "it''s their ground, they can sell the tickets how they please"

Thier isn''t in the list I''m afraid.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Again if the Norwich ticket office has your address on record buying Norwich tickets then I expect this info would have been given to Colchester.
[/quote]

Would we honestly help them after this could have been avoided?
[/quote]

Im affraid Norwich City will be assisting Colchester in every way shape or form.
The LEGAL implecations of trouble which could have been prevented if  Norwich had not refused to hand over thier ticketing info could well put our club right in the sh*t.

Im affraid the police will seize it if they want it.

Im affraid we live in a facist state, just not a lot of people have actually noticed this as its hidden well and we have lets say a "false democracy" in place. :)
[/quote]

I''m sorry but this is scaremongering rubbish.

arthur, while you are guests of the stadium, in buying tickets through deception (ie knowingly buying in designated home areas) there is surely onus on the fans in the wrong place more than the club if they have done all in their power to stop away fans buying tickets in home areas as they are showing at the moment.

[quote user="eddy melito"]arthur, while you are guests of the stadium, in buying tickets through deception (ie knowingly buying in designated home areas) there is surely onus on the fans in the wrong place more than the club if they have done all in their power to stop away fans buying tickets in home areas as they are showing at the moment.[/quote]

Closing the door after the horse has bolted i''m afraid

[quote user="wessex_exile"]Well done Nexus, you''re descending from ''found out'' to ''big-club-itus'' troll very successfully. There are 3 forms of there: There: as in "over there" They''re: as in "they are" Their: as in "it''s their ground, they can sell the tickets how they please" Thier isn''t in the list I''m afraid.[/quote]

I think you need to go away now.

No one really cares.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="eddy melito"]arthur, while you are guests of the stadium, in buying tickets through deception (ie knowingly buying in designated home areas) there is surely onus on the fans in the wrong place more than the club if they have done all in their power to stop away fans buying tickets in home areas as they are showing at the moment.[/quote]

[/quote]

perhaps it is to an extent, but they are seen to be trying. this is probably the first time since the online ticketing has been in place that we have been in this situation, as leeds got extra tickets earlier in the season because we couldnt sell them at the time. its a learning curve, and they are going to learn from this game.

Unfortunately Arthur youre slightly off the mark

IF there is trouble - and whilst there will be the odd tw@t in both sets of fans, I think the majority will behave - it is BOTH clubs that get punished - especially if someone is arrested and found to have an NR postcode

When all said and done, we think Cowling is a moron - but all he has done is effectively stick up for his club in a way that his club''s supporters approve of. Thats why they like him - just imagine how we''d feel if we could ban the binners from Carrow Road - or lock them in the toilets (which would smell infinitely better than Portman Road)

Lets get the game done, lets get 3 points back from Colchester and then let both sides go back to hating Ipswich....binner baiting is far more fun

You did nothing let alone all to stop away fans buying tickets. Selling 25 at a time to non members is totally irresponsible. The reason you now have unhappy box office staff ringing people is that you have not followed league regulations on ticket sales which makes you responsible for safety.

Your club has a modern stadium you should update your proceedures accordingly to bring them into the 21st century. One would have thought you would have run names past Norwich long before a week before the fixture.

In response to this not costing your club now I would say rubbish. This thanks to your chairman is a category C game, the policing costs to yourselves will be enourmos. With it being a category C game local businesses such as pubs will have to close and lose revenue. We filled 1/2 of Wycombes ground on Saturday did this become category C ? was there any trouble ? No - this is all caused by your chairmans statement.

[quote user="eddy melito"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote] perhaps it is to an extent, but they are seen to be trying. this is probably the first time since the online ticketing has been in place that we have been in this situation, as leeds got extra tickets earlier in the season because we couldnt sell them at the time. its a learning curve, and they are going to learn from this game.[/quote]

I hope they learn from this mistake too. [:)]

Just as a thought......

I applied for a home end ticket, got sussed, got a refund. Fair enough, you might think.

But any retailer that takes a payment via card has to pay a small fee - around 2.5%. They also have to pay that fee if money is refunded. That means that I have managed to cost Colchester 5% of their £23 - not forgetting that I would probably have bought a programme and a couple of pints (the missus was going to drive me and go and see a mate who lives a few miles away). Multiply that by the number of cancelled tickets....fair amount of money that Col Who are throwing away

[quote user="Barclay hero"]Just as a thought......

I applied for a home end ticket, got sussed, got a refund. Fair enough, you might think.

But any retailer that takes a payment via card has to pay a small fee - around 2.5%. They also have to pay that fee if money is refunded. That means that I have managed to cost Colchester 5% of their £23 - not forgetting that I would probably have bought a programme and a couple of pints (the missus was going to drive me and go and see a mate who lives a few miles away). Multiply that by the number of cancelled tickets....fair amount of money that Col Who are throwing away[/quote]

True, but say we find and cancel 300 tickets bought by Norwich fans, 5% of £6900 = £345. Say all those fans bought a programme, a pie and a beer = £2700. Lets call it £3000 for ease.

By not segregating the East Stand we have been able to sell another 300 tickets at £26 = £7800 so we are still £4800 up.

[quote user="colufan"][quote user="Barclay hero"]Just as a thought......

But any retailer that takes a payment via card has to pay a small fee - around 2.5%. They also have to pay that fee if money is refunded. That means that I have managed to cost Colchester 5% of their £23 - not forgetting that I would probably have bought a programme and a couple of pints (the missus was going to drive me and go and see a mate who lives a few miles away). Multiply that by the number of cancelled tickets....fair amount of money that Col Who are throwing away[/quote]

True, but say we find and cancel 300 tickets bought by Norwich fans, 5% of £6900 = £345. Say all those fans bought a programme, a pie and a beer = £2700. Lets call it £3000 for ease.

By not segregating the East Stand we have been able to sell another 300 tickets at £26 = £7800 so we are still £4800 up.[/quote]AlsoAll the seats have been sold at the normal prices I believe instead of offering cheap deals to local companies and schools etc