Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

Has anyone been turned down for a home end Col Who ticket ?

[quote user="bradley11"]7, That''s pretty much your whole grounds capacity isn''t it?
[/quote]

Funny man or should i say funny school boy....

I understand Tesco Colchester is shut on the 16/1 due to the possible problem of Norwich fans stealing their carrier bags to wear them as col who shirts as part of their disguise

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]They wont catch me!!
[/quote]

Me neither, I''m far to tricksy

[/quote]

Nor me, I have a cunning plan...

[quote user="eagle"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hope it''s more successful than Baldrick''s resolution of his Mum being inconvienced by a low ceiling.  His suggestion was to cut her head off.

Who knows?[:O]

Her Majesty''s Norfolk Constabulary there in force, just in case.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="eagle"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hope it''s more successful than Baldrick''s resolution of his Mum being inconvienced by a low ceiling.  His suggestion was to cut her head off.

Who knows?[:O]

Her Majesty''s Norfolk Constabulary there in force, just in case.

[/quote]

Complimentary tickets ;-)

Mr Eddie Melito, I think you will find we have got one over Mr Cowling, as despite only selling us 1,900 official tickets its rumoured 5000 odd NCFC fans have tickets. Be like an away day for you mate!!!

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"] our ticket office staff have told us that all cancelled Norwich fan tickets are made available again on our ticketing website almost immediately. [/quote]

So how do they know which set of fans bought which tickets then since they went on sale on the 12 Oct ?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Mr Eddie Melito, I think you will find we have got one over Mr Cowling, as despite only selling us 1,900 official tickets its rumoured 5000 odd NCFC fans have tickets. Be like an away day for you mate!!![/quote]

Oh please, my sides...no stop...

Every fucking season we hear from some bunch of premier league wannabes who tell us how they''re going to take over our ground, how there''ll be 1,000s in with the home fans, how it''ll be like a home game for you, blah, blah fucking blah.

It never happens. There''ll be hundreds - no more, and the first few that pipe up will be out on their ear, and the rest will stay schtum as a result. So your vocal support will be the 1,900 it''s supposed to be, and we''ll keep the money for the rest and you''ll not hear a dicky bird from them. Mugs.

5,000 - fecking buffoon

we shall see mr whittle, we shall see.

we have heard tales of your takeovers of portman road that never materialised.

if it is like an away day, the crowd may thin out very quickly as norwich fans found in home ends will be moved (especially if overtly supporting norwich or causing unrest amongst the locals), and as there is nowhere to move them to, they will be moved outside the ground.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Mr Eddie Melito, I think you will find we have got one over Mr Cowling, as despite only selling us 1,900 official tickets its rumoured 5000 [b]odd [/b]NCFC fans have tickets. Be like an away day for you mate!!![/quote]

Is there any other type of Norwich fan than an odd one?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]The Colchester chairman seems a bit of a Baldrick Cam, any thoughts on him mate?[/quote]

Absolutely.  Great bloke.  One of eight children born in the shadow of Upton Park - Dad a docker (surely you will know about this sort of stuff without the ponce supporters?), by his own admission "could look after himself on the street by the age of 11", self made man, saw a gap in the market for jobs by computer, knows employment law backwards, worldwide business and part sponsor of which football club web page?  Yup, that''s right Arthur: Norwich City PLC, just scroll down. We are a PARTNER.  See under Jobserve.  You take his money.  How delicious is that?  Colchester United is a wholly owned subsidiary so Col Who are helping to sponsor your official web site.

Sounds like a story for Archant to me.  Can''t imagine why it hasn''t been reported can you? Perhaps Web Team Pete can consult one of his "Contents Editors" and report back on why they haven''t currently mentioned the link between Jobserve and Norwich City PLC in the current "dispute." 

It''s a bit hard to find but it is there on canaries.co.uk  See under Jobserve, the owner of Col Who, the very family who have denied you away tickets.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/Services/0,,10355,00.html

It makes you wonder why this stuff hasn''t been reported in the "battle" doesn''t it.

No, actually it doesn''t.[+o(]

Cam I have to ask......All this wonderful story material you keep pointing out to us that Archant journalists are missing, why aren''t you selling it yourself? Is it because it has very little or no marketable value?Why would Archant run a story that a small news agency deems ''unworthwhile''?

[quote user="Buckethead"]Cam I have to ask......

All this wonderful story material you keep pointing out to us that Archant journalists are missing, why aren''t you selling it yourself?
 Is it because it has very little or no marketable value?
Why would Archant run a story that a small news agency deems ''unworthwhile''?
[/quote]

It is not that they are missing it but it is on your very own web site and remains unreported.  It will be covered in our Guardian G2 piece on a study of football message boards (not just Norwich) and they probably won''t like it.

But you surely must ask why your local newspaper has not made the link.  No?

Perhaps Web Team Pete can help on this?

PS: We only do national.  Your local paper is supposed to do local.  No one is interested in Norwich aside from Delia nationally and no one at all is interested in Colchester United but that does not mean that they are not good local stories of interest to local supporters of both.

The link I think is a good local story with the 16th match coming up and you might ask Messrs.Archant at both ends (Norwich and Colchester) as to why they haven''t mentioned it.  

No? 

Why would anyone care that jobserve sponsor our website?

I think you''re probably a decent bloke really, but you don''t half come across as arrogant sometimes, giving it the big''un about national newspapers etc. When you keep it factual and informative your posts are a good read.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]To be honest Cam our local rags have gone seriously downhill.[/quote]

Tell me about it - the EDP was once one of Britain''s great provincial newspapers

Here is a funny EDP/Norwich City thing Arthur.  The greatest EDP Editor I have known was John Downing who, it must be said, flogged off the best stories to the nationals after the EDP had gone to bed, unless he had stuff they wouldn''t use in which case he flogged it off earlier.  Credit: "Downing of Norwich."

"John Downing, Norwich, here.  I have a tip for you."   We had a good rapport and I made it to his 15 minute despatch at St Faith''s Crem which sadly did not do him justice.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]To be honest Cam our local rags have gone seriously downhill.[/quote]

Tell me about it - the EDP was once one of Britain''s great provincial newspapers

[/quote]I have to agree.I''m nowhere near as ancient as you two old gits, but I can still remember when the edp was a proper paper ;)This whole one company owning dozens of provincial papers and thinking they''re gonna do all of ''em (or any of ''em) justice. Load of b*llocks.The ugly side of capitalism. A lesson in what can be lost when it''s about the money and nothing else.

Surely if there cancelling all these tickets then there will be loades of empty seats. Cos my thinking is that most colchester "fans" have bought their tickets alredy. And with Col U not selling tickets to anyone who has not been to one of their games before who else is going to buy them?

[quote user="eddy melito"]you are correct, we haven''t just gained 1000s of fans, but this game has drawn out all of our casual fans and fans that only come out for a handfull of bigger games a season. its become a game not to miss. im sure there will be some norwich fans in home ends, but im not convinced on the numbers you seem to suggest. i know people within the club and how hard they are working to weed out any norwich (see how easy it is to write the opposition name correctly rather than silly needless jokes!) fans. normally it wouldnt be such an issue, but with nowhere else to move people to they will be ejected and can only blame themselves as they knew what they were doing when they bought the tickets. its a bit like speeding. i speed, and if i get caught i will accept it knowing i was making the decision to do it.[/quote]

Yeah they were working so hard they were accepting requests from people who had never bought tickets off them before and sending them out to NR postcodes.  If it is true that they have cancelled these specific tickets then they have still wasted money in administration costs in the first place.