Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

Has anyone been turned down for a home end Col Who ticket ?

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Surely if there cancelling all these tickets then there will be loades of empty seats. Cos my thinking is that most colchester "fans" have bought their tickets alredy. And with Col U not selling tickets to anyone who has not been to one of their games before who else is going to buy them?[/quote]

They''re being put straight back out for sale and snapped up pretty much immediately. I read this evening that there were 7 single seats scattered around the ground currently available, though that number will go both up and down as a few more of you are found out between now and Saturday week.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]The Colchester chairman seems a bit of a Baldrick Cam, any thoughts on him mate?[/quote]

Absolutely.  Great bloke.  One of eight children born in the shadow of Upton Park - Dad a docker (surely you will know about this sort of stuff without the ponce supporters?), by his own admission "could look after himself on the street by the age of 11", self made man, saw a gap in the market for jobs by computer, knows employment law backwards, worldwide business and part sponsor of which football club web page?  Yup, that''s right Arthur: Norwich City PLC, just scroll down. We are a PARTNER.  See under Jobserve.  You take his money.  How delicious is that?  Colchester United is a wholly owned subsidiary so Col Who are helping to sponsor your official web site.

Sounds like a story for Archant to me.  Can''t imagine why it hasn''t been reported can you? Perhaps Web Team Pete can consult one of his "Contents Editors" and report back on why they haven''t currently mentioned the link between Jobserve and Norwich City PLC in the current "dispute." 

It''s a bit hard to find but it is there on canaries.co.uk  See under Jobserve, the owner of Col Who, the very family who have denied you away tickets.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/Services/0,,10355,00.html

It makes you wonder why this stuff hasn''t been reported in the "battle" doesn''t it.

No, actually it doesn''t.[+o(]

[/quote]That''s funny, Jobserve also sponsors:http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/page/Services/0,,10413,00.htmlhttp://www.wolves.co.uk/page/Services/0,,10307,00.htmlhttp://www.itfc.co.uk/page/Services/0,,10272,00.htmlOH WAIT!! They don''t sponsor us, they sponsor the Football League''s Website subsidiary (FLI). At least do some proper research. I''m surprised you haven''t noticed they''re on your website too...

Managed to get 5 tickets for the home end in October, I knew I wouldn''t stand a chance of getting an away ticket, not concerned we are in the home end, we can stand up for ourselvesand won''t cause any trouble but we won''t run away from it either.One of us works from essex so had no problem getting tickets via a work address.It will be like Watford away in our Table winning year

I don''t believe for one minute that the stewards will cause us a problem, we are all big lads and as long as we don''t cause a problem they will leave us alone.That''s normally the case anyway.The Police normally prefer us to be in the ground so they can keep an eye on us, so It''s only the stewards who may ask and they will get a prompt NO

[quote user="wessex_exile"]So what are you going to do when the stewards ask you to leave?[/quote]

How will they know who supports who if people just sit there quietly to watch the game?

[quote user="Hit Squad"]Exactly, the fun will only start at the final whistle if Norwich win,
[/quote]

Norwich fans will be revealed in the 85th minute when our 5th goal goes in [:)] they won''t bother to evict them then.

Hit Squad I didnt realise tickets went on sale as early as october? I wouldnt worry about some jobs worth steward to be honest. Colchester dont like to hear this but there ground WILL be taken over like it or not, and the stewards wont be able to stop thousands....unless Col U have hired 5,000 stewards???

If you sit quietly and don''t make your support obvious you''ll probably have no problems at all - but be warned that we do have some of the worst stewards in this league, who take great delight in throwing U''s fans out virtually every match. If you think they''re going to be scared off by 5 big Norwich lads, you''re in for a bit of a shock (and a banning order on top).

[quote user="wessex_exile"]If you sit quietly and don''t make your support obvious you''ll probably have no problems at all - but be warned that we do have some of the worst stewards in this league, who take great delight in throwing U''s fans out virtually every match. If you think they''re going to be scared off by 5 big Norwich lads, you''re in for a bit of a shock (and a banning order on top).[/quote]

Don''t you get tired of all this "my Dad''s bigger than yours" crap?

We are football fans who want to watch a game of football that has been blown out of all proportion by your knobend chairman who has a severe case of little club syndrome.

Our chairman doesn''t like you, he doesn''t like the way you do your business, and he neither wants nor needs your money. Some of you on here were revelling in your new-found hard-nosed tough agressive attitude when you poached Lambert - well this is flipside, have that attitude to smaller clubs and be prepared to be disliked.

I''m guessing the irony of posting "all this ''my Dad''s bigger than yours'' crap" and then "severe case of little club syndrome" in successive sentences is lost on you?

If you had all gone quietly about your business, picked up however many home tickets as you could, that would probably have been the end of it. However, thanks to foolish threads like this one, that crop up frequently on not just your messageboards, but thanks to Wiz and others, on ours too, the club, stewards, police and even some fans are going to be watching very closely for Norwich fans in the home sections. That''s not a threat, just a simple statement of fact. You have your allocation of tickets for the North stand, any away fans elsewhere are breaking ground regulations, and we sadly have the sort of fascist stewards who''ll be only to happy to enforce those regulations.

[quote user="wessex_exile"]Our chairman doesn''t like you, he doesn''t like the way you do your business, and he neither wants nor needs your money. Some of you on here were revelling in your new-found hard-nosed tough agressive attitude when you poached Lambert - well this is flipside, have that attitude to smaller clubs and be prepared to be disliked. I''m guessing the irony of posting "all this ''my Dad''s bigger than yours'' crap" and then "severe case of little club syndrome" in successive sentences is lost on you? If you had all gone quietly about your business, picked up however many home tickets as you could, that would probably have been the end of it. However, thanks to foolish threads like this one, that crop up frequently on not just your messageboards, but thanks to Wiz and others, on ours too, the club, stewards, police and even some fans are going to be watching very closely for Norwich fans in the home sections. That''s not a threat, just a simple statement of fact. You have your allocation of tickets for the North stand, any away fans elsewhere are breaking ground regulations, and we sadly have the sort of fascist stewards who''ll be only to happy to enforce those regulations.[/quote]

Its all about fear of losing to a smaller club. Clubs like Norwich,Leeds,Southampton and Forest and Sheff Wed when they were in our league think they have a got a right to be playing in a much higher league and just can''t accept the fact that they now have to play little clubs like Colchester every week. They all bring up the same thing over and over again that their club is much bigger and they have more seats in their ground than us,it is just like the school bully who says his dad is much bigger than yours. What their problem is is that our little club didn''t bend over backwards and give in to what they wanted by giving them more tickets than we normally give out to away fans,so you now get them boasting about how they have got tickets in the home end and how they won''t be moved because they are big lads. As i''ve said before Norwich has been my second team for about twenty years so i haven''t got a problem with them just certain fans who go on and on about the same cr*p time and time again. Most fans on here seem ok and we have had proper chats that don''t involve the our club is bigger cr*p but others are complete idiots.......

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="wessex_exile"]So what are you going to do when the stewards ask you to leave?[/quote]

How will they know who supports who if people just sit there quietly to watch the game?

[/quote]

They won''t hun, unless people who live in Essex walk around with signs round their necks

[quote user="cufcone"]

[quote user="wessex_exile"]Our chairman doesn''t like you, he doesn''t like the way you do your business, and he neither wants nor needs your money. Some of you on here were revelling in your new-found hard-nosed tough agressive attitude when you poached Lambert - well this is flipside, have that attitude to smaller clubs and be prepared to be disliked. I''m guessing the irony of posting "all this ''my Dad''s bigger than yours'' crap" and then "severe case of little club syndrome" in successive sentences is lost on you? If you had all gone quietly about your business, picked up however many home tickets as you could, that would probably have been the end of it. However, thanks to foolish threads like this one, that crop up frequently on not just your messageboards, but thanks to Wiz and others, on ours too, the club, stewards, police and even some fans are going to be watching very closely for Norwich fans in the home sections. That''s not a threat, just a simple statement of fact. You have your allocation of tickets for the North stand, any away fans elsewhere are breaking ground regulations, and we sadly have the sort of fascist stewards who''ll be only to happy to enforce those regulations.[/quote]

Its all about fear of losing to a smaller club. Clubs like Norwich,Leeds,Southampton and Forest and Sheff Wed when they were in our league think they have a got a right to be playing in a much higher league and just can''t accept the fact that they now have to play little clubs like Colchester every week. They all bring up the same thing over and over again that their club is much bigger and they have more seats in their ground than us,it is just like the school bully who says his dad is much bigger than yours. What their problem is is that our little club didn''t bend over backwards and give in to what they wanted by giving them more tickets than we normally give out to away fans,so you now get them boasting about how they have got tickets in the home end and how they won''t be moved because they are big lads. As i''ve said before Norwich has been my second team for about twenty years so i haven''t got a problem with them just certain fans who go on and on about the same cr*p time and time again. Most fans on here seem ok and we have had proper chats that don''t involve the our club is bigger cr*p but others are complete idiots.......

[/quote]

If we lose we lose, we won''t be the first, nor the last.  As you found out not so long ago  [:O][:S]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="cufcone"]

[/quote]

If we lose we lose, we won''t be the first, nor the last.  As you found out not so long ago  [:O][:S]

[/quote]

I know you all have got a problem with Robbie Cowling but just let me explain a few things to you all. I don''t agree with the comments he made regarding tickets,he should have just said "no Norwich are not having anymore tickets" and left it at that. He shouldn''t have said "i would much rather have an empty seat than a Norwich fan sitting in it" this has now caused bad blood between the supporters and it will backfire badly next week when you win 2-0 at our place. But saying that Robbie Cowling has done a hell of a lot for our club and i will never have a bad word to say about him and i can fully understand his problem with Norwich and mainly Lambert. When Cowling arrived at Colchester our record signings were Adrian Coote from you guys and Neil Gregory from Ipswich,both cost a pathetic £50,000. We also played in what was the biggest sh*thole in the league that was Layer Road,if you ever went there you will understand what i mean. Cowling basically got us into the ground we are in now and when Lambert took over Cowling spent alot of his OWN money on players Lambert wanted,i''d say at least £500,000 which is a hell of alot of money for a club like ours.. Most of this was spent over the summer so i''m sure you can understand him being a bit pi**ed that two games into the season Lambert jumps ship because he gets a better offer somewhere else.

Well put cufc. Had Mr Cowling just said 1900 tickets that would have been an end to the matter. I for one have always looked for Colchesters results with interest. Mr Cowling has destroyed this. My 5 year old son goes to most games, however there is no way I can take him to this game - I really dont think that Mr Cowling realised what he was doing.

At many Norwich away games many Norwich supporters have sat in the home end and there has never been trouble. Mr Cowling however issued a stupid challenge. If your club would have quitely gone about treating this as the biggest game in your history you may have caught us unaware, as it is I am sure our players now to have extra adrenilan. Your players are now under so much pressure to win because of his comments your whole season could fall apart if you get beaten. For us I am sure it is an important game because of our respective league positions but not the end of the world should we lose.

This should have been a sporting spectacle because of the first game of the season unfortunately it is now a catergory C game. Likewise if we play again at Carrow Road next season I am sure a lot of your supporters will not feel it is the great day out it has been in the past. What a shame for both clubs.

I think in the first intance I was talking about our "stewards are bigger than you" and in the second about your Chairman having a little club syndrome. Appararently a little difficult for you too understand.

At the end of the day its just sour grapes for a chairman whos stubborness has let it get the better of himself.

Simple response would be to do exactly same to Colchester next season, but 2 problems with that... 1. They will be a league below, and 2. Even if they weren''t they wouldnt sell out the initial allocation anyway.

Simple fact of the matter is. Colchester Chairmans Stubborness is going to cost his club £30k. If he can live with that then fair enough, however what he fails to realise that those 1,900 that are in there on my birthday are gonna blow the roof off the stand in compensation for those that should be there, and the home support will be exactly what it usually is... Home support

[quote user="RobFoyster"]

At the end of the day its just sour grapes for a chairman whos stubborness has let it get the better of himself.

Simple response would be to do exactly same to Colchester next season, but 2 problems with that... 1. They will be a league below, and 2. Even if they weren''t they wouldnt sell out the initial allocation anyway.

Simple fact of the matter is. Colchester Chairmans Stubborness is going to cost his club £30k. If he can live with that then fair enough, however what he fails to realise that those 1,900 that are in there on my birthday are gonna blow the roof off the stand in compensation for those that should be there, and the home support will be exactly what it usually is... Home support

[/quote]

How is it going to cost him £30k? We''ll be making more money by not giving you the extra tickets - although I accept there will be Norwich fans in the home stands -because if you had had the extra allocation then the East Stand would have had a bank of seats left empty for segregation purposes. Without this the whole stand has been sold-as has the rest of the stadium.

By making this decision Cowling has made more money.

I dont have a poblem with Colchester as such, and dont buy into this little club big club thing. You are only as big as the team you are playing. We play the likes of Yeovil, Exeter. wycombe etc for a reason, they got enough points to be in this league and our points tally put us in this league. We are no bigger or better than so called little clubs.

Having said that I seriously dislike your chairman. He moans about the way NCFC went about getting Lambert, then publicly acts like a spoilt child who didnt get what he wanted for xmas about the tickets.

Cowling is a bit of a dick really.

Just a few observations as frankly I can not see why everyone is so worked up:

This game is worth 3 points like any other, it will not determine who wins the division

Colchester is hardly a derby game, but just a place in Essex nearer to Norwich than some other teams, maybe we should call London games derbies?

Who cares what their chairman says

Who cares what their fans say

At the end of the match soemone will have lost, won or it it will have been a draw. That is football, but be of no doubt, Norwich are, always have been and always will be a proud footballing city. As for Colchester.....I will let you all decide that for yourselfs

OTBC

St.John

[quote user="cufcone"]

[/quote]Fair play to you cufcone in the face of some childish responses on here. However:1) I think if you look back to posts when we were relegated, most people on here were honest in their assessment - as Arthur''s said - that we are in the division we deserve. Having said that, every club needs something to sing about and we are rightly proud of our attendance record.2) "more tickets than we normally give out to away fans" - if you''d given us the same as Leeds there wouldn''t be an issue.

Simple response would be to do exactly same to Colchester next season, but .........They will be a league below......

[/quote]Might be best not to put that in print just yet.These things have a nasty habit of biting people on the bum......

[quote user="cufcone"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="cufcone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know you all have got a problem with Robbie Cowling but just let me explain a few things to you all. I don''t agree with the comments he made regarding tickets,he should have just said "no Norwich are not having anymore tickets" and left it at that. He shouldn''t have said "i would much rather have an empty seat than a Norwich fan sitting in it" this has now caused bad blood between the supporters and it will backfire badly next week when you win 2-0 at our place. But saying that Robbie Cowling has done a hell of a lot for our club and i will never have a bad word to say about him and i can fully understand his problem with Norwich and mainly Lambert. When Cowling arrived at Colchester our record signings were Adrian Coote from you guys and Neil Gregory from Ipswich,both cost a pathetic £50,000. We also played in what was the biggest sh*thole in the league that was Layer Road,if you ever went there you will understand what i mean. Cowling basically got us into the ground we are in now and when Lambert took over Cowling spent alot of his OWN money on players Lambert wanted,i''d say at least £500,000 which is a hell of alot of money for a club like ours.. Most of this was spent over the summer so i''m sure you can understand him being a bit pi**ed that two games into the season Lambert jumps ship because he gets a better offer somewhere else.

[/quote]

I don''t think anyone would deny he is peeved the way Lambert left or the way he says Norwich acted, but I just cannot understand the mentality of the man taking it out on the fans, not only of NC but of CU too.  He has caused bad blood amongst some supporters, which in my book was childish and unwise, to me ColU is just another team, I have no affiliation with them, and despite what has been said this game isn''t viewed as a local derby game by this NC supporter.

The score could go either way on the day, it depends who is the more determined to get a win.[:)]

[/quote]

Mate it has not cost them £30K as the game is sold out. If we are going to continue to argue over this issue probably best to at least try not to shoot yourself in the foot!