Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Heavy Snow in Norwich

The pitch will be fine, the only problem is access to and from the stadium. If safety cannot be assured it will get called off. Who would have thought Villa and Man City would have to call their games off and I bet they spend more money on this type of situation than us.

If it hasnt cleared or improved by friday afternoon, I think it will be called off.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Damn, too quick for me again![:D][/quote]

This heavy snow must cause you a problem Beau[;)]

[/quote]

And the award for the first "Beau is a shortarse" jibe of 2010 goes to..........[:D]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Got a good covering in Dereham, but getting out of our road you take your life in your hands.

The A47 traffic is slow but moving freely.  And then there is the usual ''panic'' for break and milk in Morrisons. [:)]

[/quote]Our road coming out of Gressenhall is like an ice rink...i only have a moped until i get a car...wasn''t gonna get to college today im afraid! [:O][/quote]Surely stabilisers are the answer hogesar ?

I am working from home today which is sensible given the conditions here in Hertfordshire...but if there is any chance Saturday''s game is going to go ahead, damn being sensible, I''ll be on the road nice and early...cant imagine what I''m going to do without saturday footy...guess ''her indoors'' will have a few things lined up though!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Did have a wee chuckle at the comments about people panic-buying bread and milk, though... you Southern softies don''t half struggle with this kind of thing, don''t you? [:P] (puts tin hat on) [;)][/quote]

You must be Scottish ?Snows all year round up there so this must seem like a minor inconvenience.....

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

And the award for the first "Beau is a shortarse" jibe of 2010 goes to..........[:D]

[/quote]Don''t worry mate, I built a snowman yesterday that''s taller than I am... and trust me, that''s not difficult!In fairness to you lot, there''s panic up here too, but mostly from officials and councils, etc... what I''m more annoyed about is having completed a second draft of a 10,000 word report on the impacts of extreme weather events in Stockport, which includes details of how snow events cause relatively few major impacts and injuries, and that such events are likely to become less frequent and less intense in the future... a report I completed mere hours before the first flakes of snow fell back in December... after which we''ve had 105 schools closed, an increase in A&E admissions and a death on the M60... I''m thinking a third draft might be in order, ho hum!

Just looked on the BBC weather site. Heavy snow forecast for Thursday, Friday and Saturday in Norwich. I don''t think we will be seeing any football for some weeks folks.

The weather seems to be stuck in apattern now and this could last for quite a while.

May even have to go and buy the relegation DVD to have something to watch.

Now off for a haircut and trip to Sainsbury''s in case we get snowed in.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Damn, too quick for me again![:D][/quote]Being a fully qualified Grammar/Spelling/Punctuation Nazi, You need to catch these little ''faux pas'' as sharply as possible! [:D]

The snow is now beginning to ''rotate'' and ''pivot'' as the northern and eastern limit is reached. So the snow over mid-Wales will head south and east. The snow over the eastern counties of Central Southern England will start to head north and west. It''s northern limit is around B''ham (give or take).

I object most strongly being called a southern softie. I am not responsible for the school closures, the lack of salt and grit, the reduced train services, the several inches of snow on the ground, which has been falling constantly since the wee small hours. I could go on.

I''ve been out to stock up and didn''t get cold because I wore appropriate clothing. My long johns are dead sexy [;)] as are my furry boots.

Driving in the snow doesn''t worry me. However I have to consider the complete idiots who drive as if the road conditions are completely safe when they most certainly are not. Our side roads are not being gritted and I live in a town!

However having experienced the A12 in snow before, along with too many people not knowing how to drive in snow, and how much longer it takes to drive the journey to Norfolk in the snow is enough to make me seriously reconsider coming to the game this Saturday.

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]I am working from home today which is sensible given the conditions here in Hertfordshire...but if there is any chance Saturday''s game is going to go ahead, damn being sensible, I''ll be on the road nice and early...cant imagine what I''m going to do without saturday footy...guess ''her indoors'' will have a few things lined up though![/quote]

Same here.It is my first game since Oldham,and the long drive doesn''t seem too appealing at the moment.I can''t see the trains being any better.

This current lot of snow is my fault,as i have just cleared the path[:@]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]

I object most strongly being called a southern softie. I am not responsible for the school closures, the lack of salt and grit, the reduced train services, the several inches of snow on the ground, which has been falling constantly since the wee small hours. I could go on.

I''ve been out to stock up and didn''t get cold because I wore appropriate clothing. My long johns are dead sexy [;)] as are my furry boots.

Driving in the snow doesn''t worry me. However I have to consider the complete idiots who drive as if the road conditions are completely safe when they most certainly are not. Our side roads are not being gritted and I live in a town!

However having experienced the A12 in snow before, along with too many people not knowing how to drive in snow, and how much longer it takes to drive the journey to Norfolk in the snow is enough to make me seriously reconsider coming to the game this Saturday.

[/quote]

Hubby always says the same hun, it''s not his driving (30 odd years as a road traffic cop), it''s the other idiots who drive TFF (too flipping fast) and TFC (too flipping close) lol.

If you are worried about the journey up, feel free to PM your mobile and I will try to keep you up to date about weather and road conditions before you set off.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I meant because it''s worse in the west of the county!

Then I would not be able to buy you that pint on Saturday.

BUT................[:P]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is there really much snow in Norwich though? My mates reckons about an inch tops at the moment. The pitch will be fine. So long as the roads are gritted than can''t see why they couldn;t play the game. Frankly I thought the Huddersfield game was more dnagerous than many I have been too as the Council did not appear to have gritted any bridges or pavements and that still went ahead.

Think declaring now that there''s no chance of the game happening on saturday is melodramatic.

I think there''s a good chance Wallsall may be off though as presumably if their pitch was frozen last week it still is now and temperatures seem unlikely to rise by Tuesday.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Got a good covering in Dereham, but getting out of our road you take your life in your hands.

The A47 traffic is slow but moving freely.  And then there is the usual ''panic'' for break and milk in Morrisons. [:)]

[/quote]Our road coming out of Gressenhall is like an ice rink...i only have a moped until i get a car...wasn''t gonna get to college today im afraid! [:O][/quote]Surely stabilisers are the answer hogesar ?[/quote]Potentially a very good plan [;)]

Just went from Lowestoft - Ipswich - Andover yesterday... was fine...NOW we have about 1 ft of snow and my work was cancelled today and already tomorrow ! (Hoping for the week ) And wishing id stayed in Lowestoft now !!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Is there really much snow in Norwich though? My mates reckons about an inch tops at the moment. The pitch will be fine. So long as the roads are gritted than can''t see why they couldn;t play the game. Frankly I thought the Huddersfield game was more dnagerous than many I have been too as the Council did not appear to have gritted any bridges or pavements and that still went ahead.

Think declaring now that there''s no chance of the game happening on saturday is melodramatic.

I think there''s a good chance Wallsall may be off though as presumably if their pitch was frozen last week it still is now and temperatures seem unlikely to rise by Tuesday.

[/quote]Thats because we haven''t had our dose yet. It''s come from tonight and staying until sunday ish

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Whereas I was thinking, after your first post Butler, that you didn''t know that those closer to the ground get better traction. At first, I chose not to react because I did not want to give Beauseant a back-handed compliment. Now that I can see, Butler, that the first thought that crosses your mind is that you will be able to keep your hand in your pocket, well, I had to let you know how wrong I was in my original thought that you were not astute. I think I''ve just completed a double back-handed compliment. Sorry Beau. [:D]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Whereas I was thinking, after your first post Butler, that you didn''t know that those closer to the ground get better traction. At first, I chose not to react because I did not want to give Beauseant a back-handed compliment. Now that I can see, Butler, that the first thought that crosses your mind is that you will be able to keep your hand in your pocket, well, I had to let you know how wrong I was in my original thought that you were not astute. I think I''ve just completed a double back-handed compliment. Sorry Beau. [:D]

[/quote]

As usual YC you try and think the best of everyone!

My concern for my Little Biddy Buddy was only one of a promised treat.

Now the fact that his personal bits are closer to the ground and are therfore in more danger of frost bite in deep snow, is showing concern more for Sue than for him!

So Snow Balls to thee[:D]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now the fact that his personal bits are closer to the ground and are therfore in more danger of frost bite in deep snow, is showing concern more for Sue than for him!

[/quote]

See what you''ve started Butler!? I''ve only just got my head round Yankee''s labyrinthine backhanded compliment and now you''re worrying about my bits.

I seem to remember a story some years ago about Sir John Mills trying to become a father in his later years and being recommended to increase his sperm count by dangling his love spuds in iced water every day. I had worried that this weather and my proximity to the ground might  render me dangerously fertile, but then I remembered that I''d had the snip[:$]

Weather permitting my snow balls and I will be happy to raid your wallet on Saturday, so you''d better start saving![;)]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Butler, you''ve given me an innovative idea for a new product design. I''ve been working on a new ear muff design, but one doesn''t have to stop there. Just in UK terms, with regard to target market, what percentage of the population would Beau represent?

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]On the evidence so far, the snow has been somewhat disappointing here in Norwich.[/quote]

I will make a note and have a word with the weather gods to send you lots of it so not to disappoint you [;)][:D]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is it necessarily true that little men''s bits are closer to the ground? I mean if they''re little too, then....

Then again, the closer they get the more they will shrink in the cold, so logicallythere will be a parallel upwards movement.....

This is getting too complex so I''ll stop now. But it could pose an interesting research project for one of our uni types, I suppose.

Nothing personal meant here.....just some simple facts of life, I guess.

[ip][:D]

OTBC 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Butler, you''ve given me an innovative idea for a new product design. I''ve been working on a new ear muff design, but one doesn''t have to stop there. Just in UK terms, with regard to target market, what percentage of the population would Beau represent?

[/quote]

I don''t have that sort of info handy, but when the snow clears I will try doing an average count taken from  peoples lawns[;)]

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]I am working from home today which is sensible given the conditions here in Hertfordshire...but if there is any chance Saturday''s game is going to go ahead, damn being sensible, I''ll be on the road nice and early...cant imagine what I''m going to do without saturday footy...guess ''her indoors'' will have a few things lined up though![/quote]

Same here.It is my first game since Oldham,and the long drive doesn''t seem too appealing at the moment.I can''t see the trains being any better.

[/quote]

Similar story for me, my first game since Swindon so I''ve been watching the weather closely. Some good news though, I''ve just been out snow clearing and  can you believe it''s melting so I''m sure I''ll be at the burger van just before the Thetford by-pass around 12:00 Saturday and then onto the match. Can''t wait!!!!

[quote user="waggers"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

Similar story for me, my first game since Swindon so I''ve been watching the weather closely. Some good news though, I''ve just been out snow clearing and  can you believe it''s melting so I''m sure I''ll be at the burger van just before the Thetford by-pass around 12:00 Saturday and then onto the match. Can''t wait!!!!

[/quote]

Yep,just been out and the paths are clearing,so fingers crossed! (it will probably dump down now)

No snow out Cromer way and only an inch in Norwich I''m told, we might be lucky and continue to escape the worst of the weather. Would the game be called off if the few hundred Exeter fans couldn''t travel, would have thought as long as their team makes it and the surrounding roads around Carrow Road are cleared then we might be ok.