Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Heavy Snow in Norwich

Surely it will depend upon whether the opposition can get up from the West Country. I know they are planning to leave early tomorrow but what about their supporters'' coaches?

It''s snowing again here in Kent and the roads aren''t too brilliant, especially the side roads. Even the roads through towns aren''t properly clear.

Let''s just hope for an early decision if it''s called off.

[quote user="improper fraction"]

Surely it will depend upon whether the opposition can get up from the West Country. I know they are planning to leave early tomorrow but what about their supporters'' coaches?

It''s snowing again here in Kent and the roads aren''t too brilliant, especially the side roads. Even the roads through towns aren''t properly clear.

[/quote]

Think as long as the team can fly in tomorrow from Exeter the match could go ahead, would they cancel it if some of the few hundred Exeter fans couldn''t make it by car?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="improper fraction"]

[/quote]

Think as long as the team can fly in tomorrow from Exeter the match could go ahead, would they cancel it if some of the few hundred Exeter fans couldn''t make it by car?

[/quote]The forecast for tomorrow is pretty dire as is Saturday''s, as much as I hope the game is on its looking less and less likely in my opinion.

From the Pinkun article about this it appears that as long as the Exeter team can get here then we will play presuming the approaches to CR are ok. Not sure if we are predicted too much more of the white stuff between now and Sat are we. That said, i''ve been sent back to Reedham from work in Gorlesden this morning after it took 2 hours to get there. Oh well, working from home it is. C''mon Colly and Bell! 

Just to add something to the mix I was working in Exeter for the first part of the week and drove back to Norwich yesyerday, although it took me longer than normal I encountered no major problems.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="morty"]Pants down, lets get it onnnnnnnnnn!!![/quote]

Pants...what are they????  [:D]

[/quote]It takes a special individual to go commando in this weather, I commend you sir!

[quote user="cityangel"]Is the sun out at Dereham?[/quote]

It was for about an hour, had a snow shower and it''s stopped again now, how depressing is this [:(]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]There''s a bit on the official NC website that says the match is still going ahead, but to keep a close eye on their website and local weather forcasts.[/quote]

Yesterday I didn''t think the game would be on. In view of the forecasts for Friday and Saturday I would put the chances of playing at below 10%.

I agree the odds aren''t good, but if they keep the main roads into and around the City clear and the pavements are gritted well and not slippy then the chances are the match will go ahead.

Gotta hope that the snow they say we could get doesn''t materialise

Don''t want to be a Jonah, WAY, but it''s getting darker as we speak so looks like another burst is imminent.

I would love to be proved wrong because points on the board are better than games in hand but I can''t see us playing Saturday.

Still think the chances the game is on are better than evens - pay the council a few quid to do a couple of laps around the stadium with a gritter and main roads will all definately be open past the ground so no real issues....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="morty"]Pants down, lets get it onnnnnnnnnn!!!
[/quote]

Pants...what are they????  [:D]

[/quote]

It takes a special individual to go commando in this weather, I commend you sir!
[/quote]

Many thanks..last time I wore underpants was on a plane to Detroit.....doh!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Don''t ya bits and bobs get a bit chilly without shreddies?[/quote]

Once you get to my age you will see you lose all feeling below the eyebrows!

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Don''t ya bits and bobs get a bit chilly without shreddies?[/quote]

Once you get to my age you will see you lose all feeling below the eyebrows!

[/quote]

Hahahaha I will take your word for it [:D]

My dear WITS, I still have my original ticket stub for the game against Harwich at Newmarket Road.  However, still lead in the old pencil yet you saucy little minx.

[;)]

imagine we were travelling to Exeter in the conditions as they are - would not be nice - I have been to Shrewsbury without knowing the game was on until we were close by - the Walsall call off was awful - my kids were there - can;t do the same to the Exeter fan