Sign in to follow this  
Bethnal Yellow and Green

Re: Ok Norwich fans. Lets bring you down to earth a little.

considering we have won the last nine games at home , i really would not count your chickens as i think you wont get anything out of carrow road .

you dropped 2 today at home for a start.

[quote user="spainboy"]

Going back to another point. You hammered Wycombe, we drew with them. It doesn´t mean a thing unless you think Wycombe are better than Man Utd as well.!!

[/quote]how many points did you get for beating manure, we got three for beating Wycombe and three for beating Exeter you got one for drawing at home to Wycombe.In a discussion thread focusing on our respective teams promotion prospects I suggest that you are wholly wrong in your assertion that "It doesn´t mean a thing unless you think Wycombe are better than Man Utd as well" for on the contrary it means everything and nothing is simply the number of points you gained in this league by beating Manure.Leeds Utd under Bates are the Wolves of the Jack hayward era just a league lower. Always there or there abouts but perennial chokers and always just missing out on that promotion.''Unlucky losers'' at first, becoming just ''losers'' the more often it happened. We didn''t like the Wolves either, always telling us how this year was their year.

[quote user="spainboy"]

My head isnt in the clouds. If I was offered second place now I would take it. Promotion is the only thing that matters to us. Any consolation its very unlikely Charlton will now get 2nd place but I would sooner rather be in Leeds´s position that Norwich´s right now even if I was playing the way you are,or how we are.

Going back to another point. You hammered Wycombe, we drew with them. It doesn´t mean a thing unless you think Wycombe are better than Man Utd as well.!!

[/quote]What''s so good about beating Man Utd though - they''re in the 1st, not 3rd tier so all it does is keeps you in the cup. Really, for a League 1 side though, what''s more important - the cup or the league? Personally I don''t really care when Norwich go out of the cup, as the league is far more important in my opinion. You did us a big favour by knocking Man Utd out of the cup as it just gives your players more games to play, increasing your chances of fatigue, suspensions, and worst of all, injuries.

[quote user="spainboy"]Your telling me you wouldnt take 2nd spot and go up now knowing Colchester and Charllton are right on your heels? Im pretty sure most of you would. All m saying is that I think its highly unlikely that u will catch us just because we wont drop that many points and it is rare to drop any at home.[/quote]

Rare??? Rare is what Norwich can claim after nine straight wins at home. The longest winning stretch Leeds have had at home is four games, and that was at the front end of the season.  Leeds just dropped two points today against a team that is within spitting distance of being bottom. That''s not qualified to be called rare. It''s not even medium, and it''s certainly not well done. [:D]

Leeds certainly don''t have the best home record in the division.  Perhaps currently Norwich don''t either.

Colchester''s home record is P11 W9 D1 L1.  They have currently dropped 5 points at home but from only 11 games, and ther next home game is against us on January 16, so we can soon right that one.

Huddersfield''s home record is P12 W9 D3 L0.  They have dropped 6 points at home from 12 games.  However they still have to host the 4 best teams in the division us, Leeds, Charlton & Colchester.

Our current away form is good, but not startling.  Colchester away will be a really good benchmark for us.  Go there and win and without tempting fate I think we will definitely go up automatically and we will catch Leeds.

It is obvious you are worried S permboy and with good reason. Everyman and his dog know''s Leeds will wobble, they''ll implode.  I can see it now, a play off final defeat against Colchester, losing to a last minute goal.

[quote user="dhickl"]

[quote user="spainboy"]I dont blame you for the hope of catching Leeds but it is going to be a very difficult task considering we have lost only one game all season and have the best home record in all 4 divisions (check that out)[/quote]I have checked it out and you are wrong...

Norwich at home - played: 13 points: 32

Leeeds at home - played: 13 points: 31

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/home.html

[/quote]Quite right the fool doesn''t even understand that it''s the hitherto impressive away form of Leeds which has created the points difference.Mind you almost all of Leeds''s away matches in the first half of the season were against the weaker sides, expect to see their away return drop too when they start playing top half of the table teams away.[:D]

Also, what is "deluted"? Is it a Yorkshire term for supporting a team who are closing on a team supported by a bunch of arrogant f*cks?

I couldn''t careless if we finish 1st or 2nd, promotion is the key. Just ignore him and he will go away and annoy some others on another board.

Spainboy, I''m thinking that you''re worried that we will win the title and that you''re doing this to try and make us think that we never will win it, stop giving our side the support we have been, and make us do a Leeds. I respect the fact that Leeds look the favourites at the moment and I agree that they have a very good chance of winning it, but I recommend that you bear in mind that we are only just over 50% of the way through the season at the moment. Also, please bear in mind that we would never stop giving our side the fan support we have been giving them. As I have said in my previous posts, it is far too early to start getting optomistic about the league - it''s January, not May. How far behind you are we, 6 pts not 60. How many games do we have left to play, 21 not 2, and you''ve got one more league game than us but you also have at least 3 cup games, which could cause problems for the league - fatigue, injuries, suspensionsAll I can say is just wait until Leeds'' promotion rivals (Norwich, Charlton, Colchester etc) are all frequently dropping points with Leeds on a winning streak.

[quote user="improper fraction"]

Spainboy you said it yourself:

Leeds drew against a poor Wycombe today.

So poor that even Leeds couldn''t beat them ha ha! [<:o)]

[/quote]

Spainboy is a bit of a twat, but I think he has a bit of a point here.

I think alot (not all) alot of you guys in here, haven''t realy shown us the respect we deserve. You alot of you automatically assume we will wobble and you will not And for all you know, we may benefit from beckford leaving. We have a 6 point lead, with a game in hand, and we deserve it. We have the best defensive record in England and have not lost at home for a year, and only colchester are left of the big sides in L1 to come to elland road., so we look good to go unbeaten at home all season. I can see why you are optimistic, you are a quality side, but I think you owe us a bit of respect. You are always where you deserve to be. we deserve to be 6 pts clear. I don''t suppose the gap will get any bigger, but no matter which way we finish (we will both go up auto) both teams would have deserved it

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Leeds certainly don''t have the best home record in the division.  Perhaps currently Norwich don''t either.

Colchester''s home record is P11 W9 D1 L1.  They have currently dropped 5 points at home but from only 11 games, and ther next home game is against us on January 16, so we can soon right that one.

Huddersfield''s home record is P12 W9 D3 L0.  They have dropped 6 points at home from 12 games.  However they still have to host the 4 best teams in the division us, Leeds, Charlton & Colchester.

Our current away form is good, but not startling.  Colchester away will be a really good benchmark for us.  Go there and win and without tempting fate I think we will definitely go up automatically and we will catch Leeds.

It is obvious you are worried S permboy and with good reason. Everyman and his dog know''s Leeds will wobble, they''ll implode.  I can see it now, a play off final defeat against Colchester, losing to a last minute goal.

[/quote]

twats like you is what i was referring too, show a bit of respect to your league leaders

[quote user="EssexWhite"][quote user="improper fraction"]

Spainboy you said it yourself:

Leeds drew against a poor Wycombe today.

So poor that even Leeds couldn''t beat them ha ha! [<:o)]

[/quote] Spainboy is a bit of a twat, but I think he has a bit of a point here. I think alot (not all) alot of you guys in here, haven''t realy shown us the respect we deserve. You alot of you automatically assume we will wobble and you will not And for all you know, we may benefit from beckford leaving. We have a 6 point lead, with a game in hand, and we deserve it. We have the best defensive record in England and have not lost at home for a year, and only colchester are left of the big sides in L1 to come to elland road., so we look good to go unbeaten at home all season. I can see why you are optimistic, you are a quality side, but I think you owe us a bit of respect. You are always where you deserve to be. we deserve to be 6 pts clear. I don''t suppose the gap will get any bigger, but no matter which way we finish (we will both go up auto) both teams would have deserved it[/quote]

You will get a lot of respect from us, but when some little mighty mouth keeps poping in to try and rub us up the wrong way,

He will get a big old dose of reality.

The only stat that will matter is at seasons end.

But the point we are making to spainboy is, that he can babble on as much as he likes, but the gap is closing, and so will his mouth if leeds do throw away such a massive lead that they had,

[quote user="spainboy"]Our players are superior to yours otherwise you would be top of the league and not us. Face facts. unless you think all second teams in leagues have better players.[/quote]Don''t you think that making these statements make you look like an arrogant idiot?  Tell me, which player would you rather have in your team Borini (Chelsea), Torres (Liverpool) or Rooney(Man U)? It''s just Chelsea are currently top of the Premier League and using your logic, it would mean that Borini is the best.

You have to look at the the whole team, the manager, the tactics used, etc, etc.

If you look at Norwich a lot of that has changed since August, and that has caused us to move up the league.  In fact the thing that hasn''t changed much in the time we have moved from 24th to 2nd is the players (until the last few weeks).

If it is just the players, how did Greece win the European Championships, when it was recognised that they didn''t have the best players?

The more you come on here and make ridiculous statements and make incorrect claims, the more you show yourself up. You should take heed of Mark Twain''s recommendation - "It is often better to keep one''s mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

[quote user="EssexWhite"]I think you owe us a bit of respect.[/quote]I think a lot of people here will tell you that they respect Leeds, however, they do not respect fans who come on here post things with titles like "Lets bring you down to earth", try to use words that they don''t know how to spell (deluted???), put some stats in their post (which are wrong) and make other claims having the best home record in the country(which is also wrong).

If people come on here and want to have a sensible debate, we would welcome them.  Hoever, there will be little respect shown to people who are just trying to wind up others, make ridiculous statements and false claims.

[quote user="EssexWhite"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

twats like you is what i was referring too, show a bit of respect to your league leaders[/quote]Get a grip.  You''re on a Norwich fans messageboard, and you demand ''respect''? I''d laugh if I didn''t feel so sorry for you.

If it is an "arrogance" competition it is a score draw between Norwich and Leeds message boards, eventually to be perpetuated in a Guardian G2 piece.  [:D][;)]

[quote user="spainboy"]Our players are superior to yours otherwise you would be top of the league and not us.

Face facts. unless you think all second teams in leagues have better players.[/quote]we have a better team though.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

spainboy is a gay boy spainboy is gay boy lalala lalala

his team are f ing useless his team are f ing useless lalala lalalala

hes a tax dodging nob head hes a tax dodging nob head lalalala lalalala

fell free to add.............................................

[/quote]

When I get home I drink 10 pints, and I get F***ing Plastered,

I kick my wife and S*** my dog, Cos i''m a dirty northern B******!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="spainboy"]

My head isnt in the clouds. If I was offered second place now I would take it. Promotion is the only thing that matters to us. Any consolation its very unlikely Charlton will now get 2nd place but I would sooner rather be in Leeds´s position that Norwich´s right now even if I was playing the way you are,or how we are.

[/quote]

Spainboy has had some time to think and now appears to be back down to earth. [;)]

[/quote]

I suspect spain is not only back down to earth but he''s digging a hole in it. [:D]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="spainboy"]

[/quote]

Spainboy has had some time to think and now appears to be back down to earth. [;)]

[/quote]

I suspect spainboy is not only back down to earth but he''s digging a hole in it. [:D]