Sign in to follow this  
Bethnal Yellow and Green

Re: Ok Norwich fans. Lets bring you down to earth a little.

[quote user="HazzaJet"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

your three best players are argubly beckford bechio and snodgrass

so with that in mind lets compare them with three of our best players; 

holt v beckford - holt wins as he has scored more goals

martin  v bechio - once again the winner plays in yellow as again scored more goals

hoolahan v snodgrass - and suprise suprise with more assists and far more goals our man in yellow wins again.

I think the facts prove we have better players!

[/quote] I think Holt also has more assists to his name than Beckford hasn''t he?[/quote]He sure does (and by quite a distance i believe).

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="spainboy"]Ok rather than trying to get through to some of your deluted heads on the other threads then its probably better to put this in one single thread. Leeds drew today against a poor Wycombe. Leeds have only drawn 3 games at home, the first being a poor Carlisle back in September and then the following week we drew at home to Charlton.!! Did that mean Leeds were on a major wobble for the rest of the season? No.!! Since then Leeds have remained top and even now the gap is big with a hugh GD over everyone else and still remain the best defensive back 4 in league one. Yes today Leeds should have beaten Wycombe same as you should have beaten a poor Yeovil last month, even at their den you let in 3 of their goals. It''s one game. Just because of that it doesnt mean a thing. You may come to your own conclusion by thinking that Leeds are now on a wobble (even though we smashed Man Utd in their own back yard last week). It was nothing either to do with Beckford.They are saying he played well today. The same thing happened after we played Liverpool but quickly got it out of our system the week after. To sum it up there is nothing to worry about at all. Leeds have a fantastic defence,accumilated 2.45pts a game which is well over the 2.0 target to go up and they has sat top of the league since basically the start. You can''t win them all, neither can Norwich so to use Beckford going,drawing at Wycombe today etc makes a few people desperate. We have a game in hand and we are still 6 points clear and we beat you. No one can say whether you will beat us at your den but as you saw against Man Utd Leeds can step up their game. SO concentrate on getting second spot. I dont blame you for the hope of catching Leeds but it is going to be a very difficult task considering we have lost only one game all season and have the best home record in all 4 divisions (check that out) Theres no harm in dreaming but im sorry, and I know its not impossible but its gonna be a massive massive task.!!!![/quote]

................ Well let us dream then! [url=http://www.mysmiley.net/free-jumping-smileys.php][img]http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0009.gif[/img][/url]
[/quote]

I dreamt of a white Christmas and look what happened !!  You can now guess what my next dream is ........ LOL

Evil Monkey...some very wise words..

Lads lets not get carried away, it can still go pear shaped, and would hate for him to come back with an "enjoy league 1" thread in 6 months time.....

Come on guys, lets leave poor spain chav alone.

The very fact he is on here says so so much about how confident he is.

Lets put it this way, i would rather be in our position than his.

Charlton choked at the thought of us catching.

Guess who is next on the list.

But dont despair spainchav, you should be quids in for second place [;)]

And if not, there is always next year old son [:D]

I knew you would of posted something stupid like this by the time i got back from the game - you epitomise what everyone hates about Leeds fans.

Spainboy, we are closing up on you. I said that January will make your season, you have to fend off tough competition for your players whilst still being in a two other cups. It isn''t an easy ask of us to get above you however we will give it our best shot and their is a lot of belief behind us right now.

[quote user="spainboy"]Our players are superior to yours otherwise you would be top of the league and not us. Face facts. unless you think all second teams in leagues have better players.[/quote]

Your players are definetely not superior to ours you fool and other factors are often involved in winning promotion that just having the best players (Real Madrid have bought the best players in the world for years and it hasnt brought them constant success). Our team is stronger now than when we played you earlier in the season and by all accounts even your own managers, we were the superior team on that day, a draw would have been unfair let alone us losing, i thought i was going to be impressed with your team but actually came away thinking you''ll struggle in the championship next season unless you bring in 6 or 7 new players. What your team has is experience in this division and you should have you''ve spent long enough for a club of your size to get out of it.

but for a poor goal kick at your place your''e lead would be 3 points so i wouldn''t count any chickens . I do sense your''e worried though

[quote user="yoda"]but for a poor goal kick at your place your''e lead would be 3 points so i wouldn''t count any chickens . I do sense your''e worried though[/quote]4, yoda... you may be a Jedi master, but you suck at maths... [:P]

Spainboy, opinions have no bearing on results.  Your opinions also appear to be having no bearing on the opinions of our fans.  So why do this to yourself ?  You have games in hand, but we have points in the bag.  We have decent players joining us, and our best players seem happy to stay.  You have want away players, and rumours of your manager leaving.  And Leeds have yet to play the hardest teams in this league yet.  It should be a fun end to the season, and who cares who comes 1st or 2nd if both our teams promote - it''s only league 1 after all.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="yoda"]but for a poor goal kick at your place your''e lead would be 3 points so i wouldn''t count any chickens . I do sense your''e worried though[/quote]
4, yoda... you may be a Jedi master, but you suck at maths... [:P]
[/quote]

Sadly you are wrong EM as we would of gained a point whilst they would of lost two.[:P]

Actually I feel completely brought back to terra firma by spainboy''s insightful words. I now have to accept that catching Leeds is but a fleeting dream and that I have had my head in the clouds yearning to catch Team Fantastic, a feat unheard of throughout the land.

Some might say this was just a nervous bumsqueak as Ordinary Leeds looked over their shoulders to see Grant Holt shifting gradually towards them with a cricket bat, at the forefront of the Norwich City machine- but they''d be wrong. Spainboy simply wished to bestow his infinite wisdom upon us so that we might join him in his enlightened ecstacy and prevent any needless disappointment come the month of May when we have failed in our pathetic attempts to topple The Holy Leeds. His foresight is infallable; after all, this exact situation has arisen for the past years The Mighty Ones have been imprisoned in League One, and every season they have stayed the course and won first place just for the Similarly-Minded Evil Elves Against Fantastic Leeds Association to steal it away again and again. However, now with SMEEAFLA elf hunter and part-time genius Pope Grayson at the helm, they shall finally return to their proper home- spainboy is the prophet, truth is his sword and righteousness his steed.

Either that or he''s just a Leeds-supporting w****r.

[:D] I put it to the messageboard to decide.

I dont blame you for the hope of catching Leeds but it is going to be a very difficult task considering we have lost only one game all season and have the best home record in all 4 divisions (check that out)

Check what out you fool. We have one more point than you at home, both having playing 13 games.

Spainboy, if you gonna come on another club''s website (which I have no problem with whatsoever) you really must get those facts right. And for the record, we will catch you up.

6 points is a lot to make up, and Leeds still look relentless although todays result will raise many eyebrows.

If they lose Beckford they lose a player who ultimately can change a loss into a draw, or a draw into a win. I''m not sure they''ve got great back-up for Beckford, although they could buy talent with the money.

Lets just continue chipping away at Leeds and building on our points total!

I really do think spainboy is the one with his head in the clouds and, consequently, is the one that needs to come back down to earth a little. After all, most neutral observers of the Norwich game at Leeds said we were by far the better team and deserved a result. If we had won that game then spainboy should realise that the two teams would now be tied on points at the top. Think hard on that fact spainboy. It will give you a better perspective. Further, taking into consideration that after nine games had been completed ( 20% of the season ) Leeds were 15 points ahead of Norwich. Now, with just over 50% of the season completed, Norwich are only six points back. The trend line is clear. If I were a gambling man ( I''m not ) then I know what I would wager the status being at the 75% mark in the season. I suspect, at that point, most neutral observers will expect Norwich to go up automatically, and the speculation will be around which two or three teams will be battling it out for the second automatic spot.  

My head isnt in the clouds. If I was offered second place now I would take it. Promotion is the only thing that matters to us. Any consolation its very unlikely Charlton will now get 2nd place but I would sooner rather be in Leeds´s position that Norwich´s right now even if I was playing the way you are,or how we are.

Going back to another point. You hammered Wycombe, we drew with them. It doesn´t mean a thing unless you think Wycombe are better than Man Utd as well.!!

[quote]Going back to another point. You hammered Wycombe, we drew with them.

It doesn´t mean a thing unless you think Wycombe are better than Man

Utd as well.!![/quote]Wycombe today were probably better than Man Utd were last Wednesday - after all, a league one team beat Man Utd [;)]

[quote user="spainboy"]

My head isnt in the clouds. If I was offered second place now I would take it. Promotion is the only thing that matters to us. Any consolation its very unlikely Charlton will now get 2nd place but I would sooner rather be in Leeds´s position that Norwich´s right now even if I was playing the way you are,or how we are.

Going back to another point. You hammered Wycombe, we drew with them. It doesn´t mean a thing unless you think Wycombe are better than Man Utd as well.!!

[/quote]Lololol, what a load of old bollocks, you change your mind more than First Wizard!You were gobbing off about winning the league and now you would settle for 2nd?Are you also telling your Charlton E-friends that they will probably catch us?Give me strength.

[quote user="spainboy"]

[/quote]Lololol, what a load of old bollocks, you change your mind more than First Wizard!You were gobbing off about winning the league and now you would settle for 2nd?Are you also telling your Charlton E-friends that they will probably catch us?Give me strength.

[quote user="spainboy"]

[quote user="spainboy"]

[/quote]

Spainboy has had some time to think and now appears to be back down to earth. [;)]

[quote user="spainboy"]

[/quote]God I hope Leeds crumble yet again this season, from my experience Leeds fans are right up their with Arsenal and Man Yool fans when it comes to being a smug w***er, quite clearly your head is in the clouds as you seem to think you have already won the league with half a season still remaining, if that isn''t ignorance then I don''t know what is.

Your telling me you wouldnt take 2nd spot and go up now knowing Colchester and Charllton are right on your heels? Im pretty sure most of you would. All m saying is that I think its highly unlikely that u will catch us just because we wont drop that many points and it is rare to drop any at home.

I would take second place now but Leeds are good for Norwich because they give us incentive. As we look to gain on them we should leave the rest behind.

Competition is good but isn''t it odd how a lead of 8 cut down to 6 feels worse than it really is and Leeds are now getting pressure for the first time so have to cope with that, player unsettlement or loss, fixture overload and recent history.

Leeds are similar to Wolves in many ways.

[quote user="spainboy"]Your telling me you wouldnt take 2nd spot and go up now knowing Colchester and Charllton are right on your heels? Im pretty sure most of you would. All m saying is that I think its highly unlikely that u will catch us just because we wont drop that many points and it is rare to drop any at home.[/quote]Your gradually changing your tone lol