Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

No additional ticket allocation for Colchester-Norwich game

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="morty"]Lol, yeah, you''re massive, aren''t you?

Theres a fine line between loyalty and just supporting a really shit team because your dad did.
[/quote]

Dunno.  Don''t you have supporters who follow Norwich because their Dad did?  If not, what''s with all the babywear in the club shop?

[:|]

[/quote]

I really have no idea.

And it''s probably our way of recruiting the fans young. Hence our 19,000 season ticket holders.
[/quote]

Just because their Dad did?

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="morty"]Lol, yeah, you''re massive, aren''t you?Theres a fine line between loyalty and just supporting a really shit team because your dad did.[/quote]

Dunno.  Don''t you have supporters who follow Norwich because their Dad did?  If not, what''s with all the babywear in the club shop?

[:|]

[/quote]I really have no idea.And it''s probably our way of recruiting the fans young. Hence our 19,000 season ticket holders.[/quote]

Just because their Dad did?

[/quote]I have no definitive answer to give you, as do not have any demographical data to hand.But, to resort to childishness ( I have no problem with this) Norwich City are a far better club in every way than Colchester are.

Yeah were good at stuff like football and stuff. and were good at nicking managers and stuff too yeah were quite good at those things. were also quite good at being a much better club than colchester too.

I like being good at stuff like those things. Its a good job my daddy supported norwich wasnt it

[quote user="Bury Green"]

[quote user="Seven Up"]No it''s not. It''s the fault of all those disregarding the Ground Regulations and purchasing tickets in the home areas.[/quote]

It couldn’t happen at Carrow Road irrespective of what the rule book might say now could it?

Still I’m not sure the last time the County of Norfolk invaded anywhere possibly the Peasants’ Revolt?  Rest assured we will be coming and lots of us, best consult the rule again to see what to do at your new Lego set in the event of a crowd turning up

[/quote]Lol, brilliant [:P]

Oh dear, my Dad''s bigger than your Dad..... Silly little chairman and a silly little post about denying us tickets just to try and get some petty points scored. why put it on your official website? Try & start acting like a proper club, go on give it a try!

Tell you what Camuldonum, why not stick to your own boards eh? I''m all a bit tired with your & your clubs attempts at winding us up.

You must be so proud.....

P.s If the Football League finds in our favourite I guess you''ll be apologising? Thought not....

[quote user="FM"][quote user="Bury Green"]

[quote user="Seven Up"]No it''s not. It''s the fault of all those disregarding the Ground Regulations and purchasing tickets in the home areas.[/quote]

It couldn’t happen at Carrow Road irrespective of what the rule book might say now could it?

Still I’m not sure the last time the County of Norfolk invaded anywhere possibly the Peasants’ Revolt?  Rest assured we will be coming and lots of us, best consult the rule again to see what to do at your new Lego set in the event of a crowd turning up

[/quote]
Lol, brilliant [:P]
[/quote]

Well really, they truly are the most sanctimonious bunch of whingers known to football

“Please Sir, McNally did it sir, he’s the culprit Sir, give McNally a detention Sir”

You can just imagine some of these tools that have been poncing around on here over the last few days getting locked in cupboards and so forth for being the ‘Official Class Sneak’ during their school years.

Normally such people go and work for The Revenue, some it would appear have become journalists but beware, they have a big bad Chairman who is going to come and beat us all up  “Coz he’s one of ninety eight children and come from the East End”

‘Col Who, I can’t believe it’s not Binner’

This would have passed without much comment - maybe some disappointment, but no all-out fury - had Cowling not decided, yet again, to air his dirty laundry in public.Aiming for Ken Bates'' crown, perhaps?

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

Dunno about that dearie but you are certainly all at sea with the use of a comma.  I blame the Norwich City educational system myself or you can blame Archant being too tight to do an edit button - PS: in the debt restructuring thing, Archant are streets ahead.  They have just "restructured" their debt of £50 million.  Jolly good job they aren''t in football I think!

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=44765&c=1

[/quote]

Come off it Dung Hack.

You''ve already been driven off one City site through upsetting posters on there, hell, they don''t even like you on your own message board!

Speaking of which, why have you only posted 900 times on there yet you''ve managed over 5.000 posts on here?

I think we all know why![:|]

[/quote]

He has stated amongst his 5,000 posts somewhere that he is a season ticket holder in The East Stand at Col U.Maybe he would like to meet up a drink and a chat before the game on 16th.

Come on Camuldonum tell us where you will be.It would be good to put a face to the name.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

Dunno about that dearie but you are certainly all at sea with the use of a comma.  I blame the Norwich City educational system myself or you can blame Archant being too tight to do an edit button - PS: in the debt restructuring thing, Archant are streets ahead.  They have just "restructured" their debt of £50 million.  Jolly good job they aren''t in football I think!

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=44765&c=1

[/quote]

Come off it Dung Hack.

You''ve already been driven off one City site through upsetting posters on there, hell, they don''t even like you on your own message board!

Speaking of which, why have you only posted 900 times on there yet you''ve managed over 5.000 posts on here?

I think we all know why![:|]

[/quote]

He has stated amongst his 5,000 posts somewhere that he is a season ticket holder in The East Stand at Col U.Maybe he would like to meet up a drink and a chat before the game on 16th.

Come on Camuldonum tell us where you will be.It would be good to put a face to the name.

[/quote][IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh112/caireyhunt/Sir-Les-Wine-2jpgdisplay.jpg[/IMG] [;)][:D]

Its a shame that Cowling has caused so much friction between both sets of fans who in the past were always united in there dislike for Ipswich.

[quote user="cityangel"]Its a shame that Cowling has caused so much friction between both sets of fans who in the past were always united in there dislike for Ipswich.[/quote]

Ummm think the friction was mostly caused by the way you went about getting Lambert and because Cowling didn''t just roll over and take it.

[quote user="colufan"]

[quote user="cityangel"]Its a shame that Cowling has caused so much friction between both sets of fans who in the past were always united in there dislike for Ipswich.[/quote]

Ummm think the friction was mostly caused by the way you went about getting Lambert and because Cowling didn''t just roll over and take it.

[/quote]

I doubt that''s true actually because I don''t believe either set of fans know how we went about getting Lambert. All we know is what the guy with the big gob keeps spouting. Which is basically what Angel just said.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="colufan"]

[/quote]

I doubt that''s true actually because I don''t believe either set of fans know how we went about getting Lambert. All we know is what the guy with the big gob keeps spouting. Which is basically what Angel just said.

[/quote]

I have no reason to doubt the version that Cowling gave just after Lambert left, Norwich enetered into compensation talks and have offered no counter version. Anyway thats for the suits to decide.

As to the ticket allocation - you''re getting what you''re getting. If you want to risk getting ejected by buying seats in home areas that''s entirely up to you. Granted there has been some input here from Colchester fans, but for a game against a tin pot sunday league club I wouldn''t think you''d be all that bothered.

I''m not asking you to believe me Nutty but I really do think there was some underhand stuff with which the "previously nice" Norwich have not, to my knowledge, been associated with.  Some of your supporters will see this as a step forward, of course.[:)]

However this would take me into very deep waters and I am not going to dive into them.  It will have to be decided by the Disciplinary Commission.

What I will say is that PL was not your first choice.  Your first choice turned you down prompting a "meaningless" statement by a football club Chairman - meaningless unless you knew what prompted it.

"Quite extraordinary" as David Coleman would probably have said.

[quote user="colufan"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="colufan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have no reason to doubt the version that Cowling gave just after Lambert left, Norwich enetered into compensation talks and have offered no counter version. Anyway thats for the suits to decide.

As to the ticket allocation - you''re getting what you''re getting. If you want to risk getting ejected by buying seats in home areas that''s entirely up to you. Granted there has been some input here from Colchester fans, but for a game against a tin pot sunday league club I wouldn''t think you''d be all that bothered.

[/quote]

So now you are agreeing with Angel that the guy with the big gob is causing the friction between the fans.

Thankyou.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

I''m not asking you to believe me Nutty but I really do think there was some underhand stuff with which the "previously nice" Norwich have not, to my knowledge, been associated with.  Some of your supporters will see this as a step forward, of course.[:)]

However this would take me into very deep waters and I am not going to dive into them.  It will have to be decided by the Disciplinary Commission.

What I will say is that PL was not your first choice.  Your first choice turned you down prompting a "meaningless" statement by a football club Chairman - meaningless unless you knew what prompted it.

"Quite extraordinary" as David Coleman would probably have said.

[/quote]

All very well and good Cam. And no doubt there is more to what went on than both sets of fans know. However, this doesn''t change the fact that the friction between the fans is being caused by the guy with the big gob. He would do better to behave more responsibly. There was, after all, no need to make the statements about the ticket allocation. He could have just refused the request without making the comments that he did, which serve no purpose except to create bad feeling amongst the fans. Which is what Angel said.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="colufan"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="colufan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So now you are agreeing with Angel that the guy with the big gob is causing the friction between the fans.

Thankyou.

[/quote]

My God, talk about interpreting things as you want to see them.

For the record, no I don''t think Cowling has a big gob or has caused the friction. I think the way you went about the Lambert appointment began it all - which many of your fans applauded as Norwich playing dirty for the first time. Cowling is fighting his corner and doing a good job about it.

I don''t have a problem with Norwich as a club. Some of your fans reactions after you beat us 5-1 was a bit much and rebounded on you but thats football and banter. I''d like to think some of the unpleasantness will pass in time.

I am really quite concerned that thee could be big problems at this game as a result of what Col U Chairman has said. Clearly rightly or wrongly, many city fans will se it as their mission to take up seats in the ''home'' area of the ground. I understand the comments from Colchester fans as to how they will be turned out etc, but (and i may be wrong) i think the scale of this may surprise people. Norwich Fans don''t like being treated unfairly and i think regardless of the ''risks'' will come to Colchester on the day of the match with tickets in the home areas. Make no mistake. This has been prompted/inflamed/caused by the Colchester chairman, and i hope he will be able to stand up and take the blame at whatever may occur either at the ground or in the town on the day.

I don''t in anyway condone trouble, and its so sad that this man is intent on taking this stance. Far from saying he welcomes all true 100% col u fans for the game, i would say to those fans, it might be wiser to stay away, as your man could cause things to get ugly....Although i hope it doesn''t happen. (I would actually urge anyone intent on trouble to think again and stay away for sake of their club - whichever one.....but blame lies with Col u chairman if they don''t).

Agreed Angel.....but then there are complete tw@ts that follow every football club, ours included

I bet you couldn''t tell me what it is about "the way we went about the Lambert appointment" that began it all. And whatever it is I fail to see what the Lambert appointment has to do with the ticket alloctaion on January 16th.

I''m personally more irritated that I only have nine ticket stubs for this, as what would have been my tenth (Wycombe) is on the same day as the deadline for applications for the Col Who match. Ho hum.

[quote user="droundi"]I am really quite concerned that thee could be big problems at this game as a result of what Col U Chairman has said. Clearly rightly or wrongly, many city fans will se it as their mission to take up seats in the ''home'' area of the ground. I understand the comments from Colchester fans as to how they will be turned out etc, but (and i may be wrong) i think the scale of this may surprise people. Norwich Fans don''t like being treated unfairly and i think regardless of the ''risks'' will come to Colchester on the day of the match with tickets in the home areas. Make no mistake. This has been prompted/inflamed/caused by the Colchester chairman, and i hope he will be able to stand up and take the blame at whatever may occur either at the ground or in the town on the day. I don''t in anyway condone trouble, and its so sad that this man is intent on taking this stance. Far from saying he welcomes all true 100% col u fans for the game, i would say to those fans, it might be wiser to stay away, as your man could cause things to get ugly....Although i hope it doesn''t happen. (I would actually urge anyone intent on trouble to think again and stay away for sake of their club - whichever one.....but blame lies with Col u chairman if they don''t).[/quote]

What a load of absolute nonsense.

One, how have you been treated unfairly? You wanted more tickets than the official allocation and we said no. It matters not at all what we have given other clubs (and for the record only Leeds have got more).

Two, if people come to Colchester to cause trouble the fault lies with them, not with anything said by our Chairman. I don''t think it will prevent you getting a banning order if you thump someone and tell the magistrate it was what that nasty Mr Cowling said that provoked you. As for Colchester fans staying away - get real!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I bet you couldn''t tell me what it is about "the way we went about the Lambert appointment" that began it all. And whatever it is I fail to see what the Lambert appointment has to do with the ticket alloctaion on January 16th.

[/quote]

You created ill feeling between the clubs with the way you went about the appointment - playing dirty as some of your fans have called it. It''s how we see it in Colchester even if you don''t quite get it.

And I fail to see why we should give you more than the official away ticket allocation. Even if you say please.

I have tried to see what Colchester fans were thinking about this issue.  I found one listing for a U''s fan forum and there wasn''t one. (there was a city one though.) The other one I found hadn''t had a post on it since 8 December.  Hardly a hotbed of Football is it.  No wonder lambert left.    

[quote user="droundi"](I would actually urge anyone intent on trouble to think again and stay away for sake of their club - whichever one.....but blame lies with Col u chairman if they don''t).[/quote]

Droundi - disagree with you there.  I also hope that the match passes off quietly but to blame the Colchester chairman if it does kick off is naive to say the least.  That sort of opinion gives carte blanche to those who view football as a mere excuse for violence

I would hope that any Norwich fan attending the game - wherever they sit - will behave and view the best revenge on Cowling et al is to beat Col U - ideally by a similar scoreline to their opening day win.  Any trouble is likely to rebound on the club and regular away travellers will not thank you if Norwich are banned from taking away fans to future games (happened with Millwall a few years ago, and possibly Luton as well from memory?) or have to play our last few home league games behind closed doors.  Its the sort of behaviour I would expect from Binners, not City fans

Unfortunately the amount of press attention this is receiving added to the amount of hatred/rivalry being stirred up (lets face it, Col Who are a nothing club to City, its no more a derby than playing Posh, Southend or Mk) by both chairmen, message boards etc i am beginning to worry about the game.City are famous for not having violent support. However if for example a group of 3 City fans are found out in the Colchester end, and a few local wideboys give them some abuse, who is to say a chain reaction wont start.....I know i wouldnt be able to stand back and watch a few essex chavs starting on a couple of city fans and im sure vice versa if it was rowdy city fans.I would love to hear a police reaction to the news.....after all they are the ones who will have problems if a load of City fans get in the home end.Its a ridiculous situation for both sides.The Colchester chairman knows that City fans will go in the home end. If he gave us a bigger allocation then it is less likely to happen (tho perhaps it still would given their home gates).I just hope that both sets of fans behave, because although we dont really have a history of it, there is the potential for this game to get a big ugly, and quite frankly there is no need.

[quote user="colufan"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

You created ill feeling between the clubs with the way you went about the appointment - playing dirty as some of your fans have called it. It''s how we see it in Colchester even if you don''t quite get it.

And I fail to see why we should give you more than the official away ticket allocation. Even if you say please.

[/quote]

ColU fan - I think you''ll find its not just a case of we don''t get your view - you don''t get ours either.  You view us as playing dirty - the majority of our fans feel that Colchester have some very sour grapes in their fruit bowl, and that you''re not as enamoured with Boothroyd as you would want us to believe.  Same thing applies to the boards of our respective clubs - which is why its gone to the Commission

Nutty - at the end of the day we haven''t really been ''punished'' by Colchester - we have been given the usual away allocation.  Most clubs dont fill that - we can (and will oversubscribe in all probability).  Col U CAN segregate other areas of the ground but chose not to take that option this time.  As I have mentioned previously this involves moving Col U season ticket holders.  I dont know where you usually sit at CR but imagine being told by the club you''ve got to move from your seat because an Ipswich fan wants it.  Doubt you''d be happy and you''d probably complain to the club

Its tough luck on us but there you go... I''d rather sit with Norwich fans, but havent had a season ticket for a few years (kids put an end to that - couldnt afford it) and havent got enough away stubs - therefore I''m unlikely to get an away end ticket.  So I''ll sit with the Colchester fans, keep my mouth shut (out of respect for the majority of ColU fans as well as my own safety) and will hopefully come away having seen a Norwich win

[quote user="Big Chief"]I have tried to see what Colchester fans were thinking about this issue.  I found one listing for a U''s fan forum and there wasn''t one. (there was a city one though.) The other one I found hadn''t had a post on it since 8 December.  Hardly a hotbed of Football is it.  No wonder lambert left.    [/quote]

Try their official forum http://forum.cu-fcchat.com/

I think i''m being v real COLUFAN. I wouldn''t condone anyone punching anyone. And for that matter, i don''t think the majority of City fans would look to do that. Thats not the Norwich way. But i do think they will seek access to your ground in greater numbers than you might think. Some will get in, others won''t. But it will all cause unnecessary friction and potential for serious incidents. I do put blame on shouldrrs of your guy, should anything happen, because i think he is letting a grudge against our club get in the way of clear thinking. (Business should be business, and other factors should be put to one side).

Of course he wants maximum support from his own fans, but he is letting this get in the way of the ''fact'' he is unlikely to fill ground with his own fans, but could maximise income from the game for the benefit of his club, by giving a larger away allocation. (Don''t tell me there is loads more time to sell those tickets - How many have already gone to Norwich fans using local postcodes).

He is also clearly unconcerned at the potential for trouble and is stokeing it up, at the expense of possibly causing unnecesary work for the essex police to cope with let alone anyone else who might get caught up....Oh and that includes inocent law abiding fans of either club, ok to sacrifice that.....I would not take my kids to a match with potential of trouble around me in the stands, and that is what i meant when i said about Col u fans staying away.

Clearly there is a ''big difference'' in the mind of your chairman to how he is allocating away tickets for this match to how he would have done had there not been ''issues'' between the clubs, and that is just plain stupid, for the reasons stated above.

For the record, i have nothing against Col u fc or its fans. I understand you were upset at losing a good manager, but it happens. Its happened to us a few times, and will go on happening up and down the country. Compensation will be sorted out eventually, and there should be no need for all this pettiness.