Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

No additional ticket allocation for Colchester-Norwich game

As far as I''m aware this is the extent to which the board at Norwich City Football Club have responded to Colchester''s allegations.

"City can confirm they have been informed Colchester United have made a formal complaint to the Football League against the Canaries and three members of our management team, Paul Lambert, Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa.

"The matter is now in the hands of our legal representatives and the two clubs will be called to a hearing of the Football Disciplinary Commission to resolve the matter."

It seems fair enough to me. I don''t know what went on and neither do your fans. The complaint has been made. It''s now in the hands of the Disciplinary Commission. It has absolutely nothing to do with the game on 16th January. Neither sets of fans  have anything to do with it either. It''s beyond us. We are powerless to have any affect on either the incident concerned or the outcome. The only person who has made this an issue about the fans or the game on the 16th is Cowling.

You should have special scarves made for your big occasion ie the ones that say Norwich on one half and Colchester on the other like Paulton and Tamworth had for their big occassion. Maybe if all 4000 of you buy one each at a fiver your chairman will get half his money back that he will lose

[quote user="Lambert is King"]You should have special scarves made for your big occasion ie the ones that say Norwich on one half and Colchester on the other like Paulton and Tamworth had for their big occassion. Maybe if all 4000 of you buy one each at a fiver your chairman will get half his money back that he will lose[/quote]I don''t think he''ll lose much if any but who knows. As for the scarves, funny idea, I would have looked at this as a game against a Norwich club we respect and it would have been a big day, now though, it''s just a game against a team that has our manager taken in dubvious circumstances.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Barclay hero"]

Nutty - at the end of the day we haven''t really been ''punished'' by Colchester - we have been given the usual away allocation.  Most clubs dont fill that - we can (and will oversubscribe in all probability).  Col U CAN segregate other areas of the ground but chose not to take that option this time.  As I have mentioned previously this involves moving Col U season ticket holders.  I dont know where you usually sit at CR but imagine being told by the club you''ve got to move from your seat because an Ipswich fan wants it.  Doubt you''d be happy and you''d probably complain to the club

Its tough luck on us but there you go... I''d rather sit with Norwich fans, but havent had a season ticket for a few years (kids put an end to that - couldnt afford it) and havent got enough away stubs - therefore I''m unlikely to get an away end ticket.  So I''ll sit with the Colchester fans, keep my mouth shut (out of respect for the majority of ColU fans as well as my own safety) and will hopefully come away having seen a Norwich win

[/quote]

I do understand this. I have never suggested that Colchester are under any obligation to increase our allocation or indeed should morally. I don''t believe it''s the decision that''s causing the friction between the fans. It''s the statement attatched to that decision. And while I sympathise with fans who had to be moved to accomodate the Leeds fans it should be noted that the guy with the big gob was more than happy to upset his own fans in return for "the Leeds Dollar".

[/quote]

I think it is a waste of time NN but I''ll try.  One of the joys of being a tinpot small club is that, since Rob Cowling took over, we have an Owner who by and large listens to the small number of fans we have.  I would go so far as to say that we like our Owner which, judging by this message board, may come as a surprise to some sets of fans at other clubs.  You don''t seem to be currently 90 per cent behind your current owner (s) but, as they say, that is your problem.

When he put up the season ticket prices the fans of the tinpot club complained, some ringing him up at home (do you ring Delia?) and so he changed his mind and lowered them. 

I believe we are far closer to our small club that many of your supporters will ever be to yours: not to the club per se but to the people running it.  No one can dispute how many more you have but, honestly, how close are you personally to the people currently running it?  I think we feel close this end.  You don''t personally seem happy with Delia and Co as but one example.

You made an illegal approach to one Manager who turned you down.  There is absolutely no argument about that one as the Manager reported it to his Chairman (as previously posted: see mystery pointless warning) and jacked up his salary as a result.  When that failed you turned to Colchester. 

Leeds is a bit of a red herring as previously posted but not entirely.  We were never going to fill the ground for Leeds - family groups a bit frightened of the reputation.  But those moved from the East Stand let rip with merry hell and I believe our Owner realised it was a mistake and won''t be repeating it.  How many of your fans will attend the players Christmas Party?  Some of ours did and subsequently rated the WAGS among other things!  Our Press Officer was pictured next to the Lois Lane lookalike and Elito was on the floor wearing a blonde wig.

I don''t feel you are all right behind your owner(s) this end.  We are! Small we are without doubt but with a similar passion to your goodselves I believe.

We think you attempted Might Is Right and we are not taken by it.

No doubt, in the far distant future, someone will nick either Lambert or McNally.  Will you be letting them go for free do you think with a thank you press release thanking them for their past services and wishing them well in the future?  Or will you be asking for money from someone?

[:O]  

[/quote]I shed a tear after reading this [:''(]I don''t care what anyone says, Col U is a special club!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

As far as I''m aware this is the extent to which the board at Norwich City Football Club have responded to Colchester''s allegations.

"City can confirm they have been informed Colchester United have made a formal complaint to the Football League against the Canaries and three members of our management team, Paul Lambert, Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa.

"The matter is now in the hands of our legal representatives and the two clubs will be called to a hearing of the Football Disciplinary Commission to resolve the matter."

It seems fair enough to me. I don''t know what went on and neither do your fans. The complaint has been made. It''s now in the hands of the Disciplinary Commission. It has absolutely nothing to do with the game on 16th January. Neither sets of fans  have anything to do with it either. It''s beyond us. We are powerless to have any affect on either the incident concerned or the outcome. The only person who has made this an issue about the fans or the game on the 16th is Cowling.

[/quote]

Try Telling these guys that!!!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=236544103416

It''s funny that colchester can reject extra revenue by not giving us more tickets, on the grounds that they don''t really need any more money, yet the reason why we are having this debate is because THEY are demanding a silly amout of money from us.

If you want compensation out of us then you should be able to take our kind offer to help fill your ground for you.

Anyone seen the local news not even Colchester seem to know the comments their chairman has made re we are not giving extra tickets because they are Norwich. Boothrotd has just been on the local news and said it is absoloutely not because it is Norwich but because you will sell all parts of the ground. Yeah right the only way this will happen is by us filling your home areas as well. Maybe your chairman should inform the rest of your club what he has said ie I would rather lose £30000. Your club cant even talk to each other let alone the fans. Is your chairman to embarresed to tell the likes of Boothroyd the silly game he is playing.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Dear Colchester fans - YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT. We have no problem in not getting enough tickets we are well used to this - an experience your club does not have. What our problem is are the stupid comments made by your chairman. Did we have a problem with Colchester fans in the past - I think not. Because of your chairman the fans now hate each other. If you feel Mr Lambert has let your club down give him some stick - I am sure the time will come when he decides it is time for him to move on to satisfy his ambitions, however without him both our clubs would be struggling in the lower reaches of league 1 - single handedly he sorted both our clubs out. When you took him from Wycombe did you say please dont leave Wycombe Mr Lambert as it is not fair on their supporters. Your chairman is stirring up trouble in a game that we considered just another game, lets face it I cant think when the fixtures came out many of us looked to see when we would be playing Colchester. Lets look at what your chairman has done

1. You describe yourself as a family / community club. My son is 5 and goes to most games and has great fun with both our supporters and the opposition. Because of your chairman I will now have to explain to him that he cant go. Do I tell him that he cant go because there might be trouble as your chairman has made the fans hate each other. If he thinks this is appropriate let him come out and say so. Dont forget we would be garunteed a ticket as we fit the criteria.

2. Our supporters are welcomed and respected all over the country. At most games we drink with the opposition supporters and win or lose walk back to our cars chatting about the game with our rival supporters. Because of your chairmans comments this will no longer be possible with Colchester United as inevitably some supporters will feel the hatred your chairman is drumming up. This was just another fixture even after the Lambert situation.

3. Your chairman has put no thought into his comments. Without tickets in our end our supporters would not normally travel, but listen to the radio or use Sky / website for updates. If you say in life though that you cannot have something it is human nature to want it even more so consequently lots of people now want to go and will do whatever it takes to do so. Your chairman has not put in place any safety nets to keep these supporters segregated, people feel that it is now a challenge to go. Tickets in your end are now easily available, do you realise you are allowing people to purchase up to 25 tickets? and they are not exactly difficult to get. Because your club has failed in their duty to ensure only home fans get tickets in your areas I would estimate around a thousand people will turn up with these tickets. If you stop them all going into the ground what will you do with them then. Unfortunately a lot of these tickets will be sold / bought by people prepared to cause trouble. Knowing the possible consequences will attract yobs not even interested in football to cause trouble from both sides. Your chairman needs to think this through as he has not backed up his comments with safety issues. There are already tickets on ebay and for sale in pubs. If your chairman had not made the comments he made very few people would travel to this fixture without an away ticket.

4. Your chairmans comments are incitement. Other than abuse towards Paul Lambert there would have been no problems at this game, unless you were expecting to start some? Two groups of supporters now hate each other - what a shame. For my part I have complained under the laws of incitement to your club, the football league and the police.

5. There is one thing I would like to thank your chairman for. I am sure our players would have built up for this game in the usual manner and would have wanted to win. I am sure also they were not particually bothered about Paul Lamberts past. However he has insulted our club and fans. I would suggest he has added an extra few % to our players performances. We are a club and the players and supporters are one. An insult on us is an insult on them. Thank you for sorting Paul Lamberts team talk, ask Danny Wilson the Swindon manager if this is a good idea. Trust me we are not the team you played on the first day of the season. Hopefully with your attention purely on this game you will not take your other fixtures seriously. By the way some bad news for you it seems Kevin Lisbie will be moving back to Ipswich on 1/1/2010[/quote]

Good post.

Of course we have a DVD on that game. We are just a Tin pot village club who somehow put 7 past a club of your size

[quote user="cufcone"]Of course we have a DVD on that game. We are just a Tin pot village club who somehow put 7 past a club of your size[/quote]

enjoy it little man - hope you get all the lego you want for Christmas

[quote user="cufcone"]I need some more lego....The club stole my last lot to build our stadium with...[/quote] Tell me - do you have your own message board? If so why not go onto it instead of ours. You could probably speak to all of your fans in one go there

I wonder where Delia will be sitting - at the Colchester away game?......I don''t think that she''ll be in their Directionless Box.....and will the NCFC CE and Chairman (if they''re made welcome) - be sitting alongside her?.....Wherever she may sit....

And remind me CUFCONE where you are in the league? Wouldnt it be embarrassing if you lost to a team you beat 7 - 1. According to your chairman Boothroyd is a better manager so why worry about Lambert? without Lambert you would have been in coca cola league 2 now.

Maybe if Col U sold extra tickets they could afford undersoil heating. Their game tomorrow is off cos of the snow. What will the 10 or so season ticket holders do now?

Yeah I noticed that Eagle. Maybe they have got undersoil heating but if they turn it on it willget to hot and melt the lego bricks used to build their stadium. Just think thats another £20000 lost in revenue tomorrow O dear!

[quote user="Magnificent Seven"]You can heat the soil under the pitch as much as you like but you can''t shift 6" of snow from the surrounding 30 mile radius numbnuts....next.[/quote]

Oh naff off. Do you think Norwich''s undersoil heating extends to Diss?

No wonder we are £19m in debt.

Pillock

[quote user="Magnificent Seven"]You can heat the soil under the pitch as much as you like but you can''t shift 6" of snow from the surrounding 30 mile radius numbnuts....next.[/quote]

Not all the numbnuts are within a 30 mile radius of Colchester but I have recently come to realise quite a lot of them are...

It really makes you wonder how on earth we manage to get games on doesn''t it? I believe we have a large amount of snow also. Perhaps magnificent 7 if you and your multitude of seasons ticket holders went to the ground the warmth of your personalities would defrost the area.

It used to be that I hated scum fans more than anybody else but you and your kn*b of a chairman are doing a good job at replacing them at the top of the list. As I said to another of your brethren - please go onto your own message board where you can speak to all of your other fans - probably get through them all in 5 minutes

The better story is whether Colchester offer the normal before and after the game hospitality to the visiting Directors and whether they accept it.

One for the Eastern Daily Press and the East Anglian Daily Times to pursue I think.[:P]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Im sure they''ll be gutted if they miss out[:|]

[/quote]

All that but good question I think.  Will Archant ask do you think?  Just wondering....................and, if not, why not do you think NN?[:O]

They may ask but hopefully our board would keep the same dignified silence as they have over the impending hearing. Now if they ask Mr Cowling no doubt he will stamp his feet and cry like a baby[:''(] Again[:|]

I''m sure Mr Cowling will extend the same reception to the Norwich board as he does with all other clubs.

Just don''t expect to walk off with any left-overs before everybody has finished eating ;-)