Sign in to follow this  
Yeovil Fan

Adam Drury - Hang Your Head In SHAME

Well as neither of us are involved in the F A cup it will be interesting to see how many Yeovil Village pub team fans make the trip to Carrow road on March 6th, my guess is 50,

Never really ever seen Drury make a harsh tackle, it must have been a one off. We probably have one of the most wossy defences in the league! So far this season I have seen plenty of rough tackles from other teams several of them should have been red cards, obviously the Yeovil fans are just looking for something to moan about because their so gutted that they didn''t win.

How can I say this politely?  I can''t actually. f*ck off.[quote user="Camuldonum"]Either way both of you threw away a lead..........................[/quote]

[quote user="Yeovil Fan"]Not here to discuss the game in general - a point is probably fair for both sides - but Adam Drury is an absolute disgrace.

Two fotted, deliberate studs showing leg breaking tackle. make no mistake about it, he meant it and he meant to do damage.

Hang your head in shame.[/quote]

If you knew Drury you would know you were talking out of your West Country backside. I was standing in the away end so of course I could not see the tackle clearly, I was blind side and some distance away. However, why do you think your player was roundly booed by the Norwich fans when he came back on ? One minute he was writhing around on the ground as if skewered by a pitchfork and trying to get Drury sent off. Then only minutes later the ref beckoned him back on and he ran onto the pitch as fresh as if he was a sub coming on. The ref gave Drury a yellow card so he wasn''t hoodwinked by your players contemptible efforts to get Drury sent off but of course you took it hook, line and sinker.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Either way both of you threw away a lead..........................[/quote]

Why are you so obsessed with this Norwich City message board Cam?

[/quote]

Because he would like to follow a BIG team. NCFC 25K every home game village pub team 4K. 

Whilst Drury is definitely not the type and I genuinely don''t believe for a moment there was any intent to injure the Yeovil player my reaction at the time was that he did go in studs up and I would not have been surprised had the ref brought out the red card, especially given the way their players and manager went off on one and tried everything they could to get him sent off. As I have said in another thread Drury has gone in for a few tackles like that this season. I think its probably due to the fact he has been injured in the past and he''s therefore trying to make sure he''s fully committed to any tackle but it was very similar to the tackle in a home game earlier in the season that saw the opposition player sent off (orient was it?) but again a few of us thought the ref had red carded Drury.

shut up you mug- How can you say he meant that, and for us being a dirty team i dont think so look at our record doesnt say we are at all, oh and we have the best fans in the league stats prove it.

Doc last minute = legend :)

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Either way both of you threw away a lead..........................[/quote]

[/quote]

Here is one for you City Angel.  Provide the link to your "other group" that you run in which all fans of Ipswich, Colchester and Southend are welcomed.

Why are you so obsessed with Ipswich, Colchester and Southend?

Post it.

I couldn''t give a monkeys if he meant it or not. This guy is clearly a typical fickle football fan suffering from a severe case of sour grapes.

The BBC didn''t think it worth showing it and the Ref felt if was a yellow card. Their opinions matter more than yours and mine because they are impartial. End of.

I hadn''t seen the tackle , but surely the Yeovil guy deserevs a bit of respect and not the abuse he has been given - Ther are incidents in every game that look nasty - I though Holt elbowed the defender in the build up to our first goal

But at the end of the day , a good game a draw and we should both be happy with that

Also Rooney and Gerrard are diving hypocrites

Dear Yeovilite,

Yeovil? I guess being as you''ll definitely be staying down or worse, it get''s frustrating seeing a better team, club, stadium, history, future, outlook, etc etc.

We look forward to you coming to Carrow Rd & we''ll do everything to make sure your Cup final is a special day for you, even if you will leave pointless.

Thanks

x

P.s Adam says hello & is looking forward to playing next week.

FFS - my god how arrogant do you sound - we are in the same division as Yeovil and scraped a draw - humility you guys is needed here , otherwise we sound just like Leeds

Guys, think about it, over the last 4/5 years Yeovil have had more success than us. Promoted to the FL and then promoted to Div 1. Let''s have some respect even though I agree the headline of the post was unfortunate...................

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

City Angel, Why are you so obsessed with Cam ?

Playing Devils Avacado for a moment, and slightly altering the accusation levelled at Adam Drury by the OP, does anyone remember the incident involving Drury against Leyton Orient at home when their player was sent off. I was in the South Stand that night with the incident right in front of me and I wasn''t the only one who was concerned when the ref got the red card out. I was convinced that Drury had gone in studs up and was about to be sent off.

The point I''m trying to make is that although I would absolutely agree with everyone who is saying that Drury is not a dirty player he does have ''previous''. As referees seem determind to stamp out any tackles where studs are showing, regardless of whether the tackler wins the ball, is this a technical deficiency that Adam and the coaches need to work on [:^)]

If you post respectfully you''ll get a respectful reply, if you post absolute drivel (Drury meant it blah blah blah... I hope you stay down blah blah blah) you''ll get a reply likewise....... Yes we are in the same division but a wind up post, get''s a wind up reply. Not arsed either way, it''s just a bit banter.

I won''t mind being Leeds, they are top of the league....

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Here is one for you City Angel.  Provide the link to your "other group" that you run in which all fans of Ipswich, Colchester and Southend are welcomed.

Why are you so obsessed with Ipswich, Colchester and Southend?

Post it.

[/quote]

I''m glad you''ve finally called her bluff Cam, because I am getting fed up of this constant bitching.  I know you do/used to post on tractorboys CA, because unfortunately my best mates are both Ipswich fans.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]

I''m glad you''ve finally called her bluff Cam, because I am getting fed up of this constant bitching.  I know you do/used to post on tractorboys CA, because unfortunately my best mates are both Ipswich fans.

[/quote]

I haven''t posted on tractorboys for over 4 years and only got involved with that to chat to my two best mates who are Ipswich fans, when they left, I left.

I do still post regularly on 3 or 4 multi team forums where fans from all teans/leagues are welcomed, but thats slightly different to monopolising a Club site which only represents one team.

As for constant bitching, think you''ll find its the first post of Cam''s I''ve replied to in the past few months, I''ve tried hard to avoid his posts but obviously not hard enough [:)]

Back to the Adam Drury tackle has anyone got a link as I haven''t seen it yet?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="ncfcstar"]

[/quote]

I haven''t posted on tractorboys for over 4 years and only got involved with that to chat to my two best mates who are Ipswich fans, when they left, I left.

I do still post regularly on 3 or 4 multi team forums where fans from all teans/leagues are welcomed, but thats slightly different to monopolising a Club site which only represents one team.

As for constant bitching, think you''ll find its the first post of Cam''s I''ve replied to in the past few months, I''ve tried hard to avoid his posts but obviously not hard enough [:)]

Back to the Adam Drury tackle has anyone got a link as I haven''t seen it yet?

[/quote]

Cam ..... Monopolising ? Blimey City Angel, have you recently graduated from Pontiff Beausant''s School of Hyperbole ?

[quote user="Yeovil Fan"]Not here to discuss the game in general - a point is probably fair for both sides - but Adam Drury is an absolute disgrace. Two fotted, deliberate studs showing leg breaking tackle. make no mistake about it, he meant it and he meant to do damage. Hang your head in shame.[/quote]

The only bad point to the tackle was, it was on a Yeovil player and not YOU!!!

Captain Pugwash wrote: Cam ..... Monopolising ? Blimey City Angel, have you recently graduated from Pontiff Beausant''s School of Hyperbole ?

---------------------

CA does kind of have a point though, for somebody who supports Col U and Lincoln City he does post rather a lot on here just as he did on carrowroad.net (Well, he did until he gave one of the members there some unprovoked verbal abuse by calling him a "c**t"!). He''s got getting on for 5000 posts on here.

As for Drury''s tackle, I''m still to see it like many others but no way is he a dirty player, very far from it. He''s been one of our best pro''s for 9 years now.

[quote user="Yeovil Fan"]Not here to discuss the game in general - a point is probably fair for both sides - but Adam Drury is an absolute disgrace.

Two fotted, deliberate studs showing leg breaking tackle. make no mistake about it, he meant it and he meant to do damage.

Hang your head in shame.[/quote]

I do not intend to repeat all of the posts re Drury being an honest and not a dirty player. Having watched him throughout his career at Norwich I do not believe he would foul intentionally but have not seen the incident so cannot comment.

Turning to another controversial incident - I have read through all of the posts on here and cannot find one reference to the cheating ex-scummer Bowditch who dived in an effort to get a penalty when the ball got caught under his feet. That, just as was the case with Rooney at the weekend, should have brought a yellow card for Bowditch but didn''t. However, if a penalty had been awarded then Doc would have been sent off - at least we do not cheat like so many others in this and other leagues