Sign in to follow this  
TwoSheds

Kuqi has to be the one!

Well im now about to sign my own death papers here.Theres one striker that stands out more than any of those mentioned on the striker posts...........and im almost to scared to say who but what the hell.......yes you have guessed it,he is a binner in the name of kuqi.

He is top class,never stops running,covers every blade of grass on the pitch,has speed,great vision and a good 1st touch,can score with his head,either foot and makes plenty of space for bent and co by drawing defenders out.I think he would fit in the team pretty dam well and could be a major influence on morale for the likes of Mckenzie,Svennson and co.Hucks would get more space to run at goal and if Bentley keeps his form up we could be quite formidable on the attacking front.Plus Kuqi would look far better in green n yellow!

Now remember people,sticks & stones.....

Twosheds  20.05.1969 - 27.12.2004  RIP

Kuqi has not got the class to be in the Premiership, he is like Mckenzie runs round all game puts in the commitment but doesnt have the killer instict plus he is quite old(28). I would not be happy Worthy signing him from Ipswich either.

Bring in Ashton or Hartson not bloody Kuqi.

[quote]Well im now about to sign my own death papers here.Theres one striker that stands out more than any of those mentioned on the striker posts...........and im almost to scared to say who but what the he...[/quote]

As you expected Two Sheds, Nooooooooooooooooooo!. 

Treasonous, double treason twaddle, hang your head in shame.

You should be stripped naked and flogged before the Barclay faithful, and your worthless carcass, scattered to the four winds.

He''s **** in a blue shirt, the fizzy league is way different to the Premiership.

The worlds gone mad!.

PS. Only joking about the flogging bit my friend. 

[quote]Well im now about to sign my own death papers here.Theres one striker that stands out more than any of those mentioned on the striker posts...........and im almost to scared to say who but what the he...[/quote]

Well TwoSheds...I for one agree with you. I have been watching Kuqi for months, in fact, about a year now. A great all round player and a great goal-scorer.

I for one can forgive his past.

Kuqi was he not the man who that we would need fifteen new players to compete in the premiership.

well seeing how far ahead we our of the binners just imagine how many they will need complete new squad i should think which would not include kuqi he looks ok in the fizzy pop league but in the prem i would sooner see Jarvis given a chance than a binner 

So we are not allowed to sign a good player just because they play for Ipswich. Dont make me laugh. I mean I dont like Ipswich as much as the next Canary but they have some great players. They wouldnt be top otherwise now would they. Anyone who would not want a  good player just because of their blue past is an absolute idiot.

You''re all wide of the mark on this one, truth is that whoever we brought in for the million or so that Worthy''s got to spend wouldn''t be up to the job at this level. Harewood and Ashton untried, Sutton and Hartson no desire to take a pay cut and walk into a relegation scrap and Donki...er sorry Kuqi is a binner and we ain''t that desperate, yet! We aren''t going down anyway so you can all calm down, I reckon Worthy should keep his powder dry, save the money ''til the summer then with all that extra Sky money go out and buy someone who will make a difference. With West Brom, Palace and either Blackburn or Southampton relegated there will be plenty of players available who''ll want another crack at the Prem. Beattie, Phillips and our old mate Crouch could all do a job, Koumas would come in handy though he may be out of our reach financially (can''t think of anyone else any good at West Brom) We all know that Andy Johnson could make a real impact here and if Blackburn went down they''d be leaving quicker than a binner after derby day! So there''s plenty of choice for you!

If we have to sign a player from the Suffolk club then it has be be Bent, and not ''Shefki Donkey'' as he is affectionately known in some parts of Suffolk.

Kuqi hasnt got class? Your having a laugh & as for not having the killer instinct is nonsense aswell,the guy is a constant controlled menace on the pitch unlike Mckenzie.Yes Mckenzie was unlucky on sunday and everyone is raving on about him now,probably the same people who was saying he was rubbish a few weeks ago. Maybe Mckenzie should have followed his uncle into boxing instead.

And as for AJ''s comment about bringing Marshall back for Green,well.........not much can be said about apart from it being a waiste of the moderaters time reading and processing it

If you all love football as much as i do then you should all be able to talk about different teams(binners included) instead of a looking at life through green n yellow tinted glasses.Give it a try you may like it!

There''s nothing I can say that is not already above this. Agree with Wiz (for a change) Nooooooooooo!!!!!

Also agree with James. Come on down Jason Euell.....If the price is right!!!!!

I don''t mind about signing Binners.  In fact it would be quite sweet to take a player off their hands and see him go to their biggest rivals.

But if we''re going to, lets get a player who will improve our squad!  Kuqi would not cut it in the Premiership.  He is a poacher, right place at the right time goal scorer.  Not that much pace or skill.  We don''t create enough.  He would be isolated up front and look like a prat.

Also he''s got a s**t celebration!

LOL you cant have Kuqi because he''s a binner but you can have Bent ! Did i drink to much beer lastnite because that doesnt make a lot of sense to me Yeh Bent is good but well out of our reach.

Ipswich have been looking for a way to get us back for the Ian Crook incident for years.

We''d be daft to hand it to them on a plate like this

If Kuqi is so good why did the binners try to off load him, on a free, during the summer together with Wilnis and Naylor ?

How many players have Norwich signed from Ipswich who just continued as binners in a Canary shirt ? In last night''s E E N Trevor Putney just confirmed this, although he thought his three years at Norwich were his best years !! Peter Morris was even worse, having been made reserve team manager by John Bond ( help the aged ), he asked for a transfer because he wasn''t in the first team. As for Clive Woods........................................

[quote]So we are not allowed to sign a good player just because they play for Ipswich. Dont make me laugh. I mean I dont like Ipswich as much as the next Canary but they have some great players. They wouldnt...[/quote]

Well said Rob, of course thay''ve got some good players thats why they''re top and flying this season.I personally would be happy to take either Kuqi,Bent or Bowditch off their hands.Who cares where they come from as long as they can keep us up this season.

Well whoever we sign (if we do) i dont care what race,religon,age or which team they come from aslong as it is for the good of the club and helps us stay up.

Aparently im not a City suporter for even considering Norwich bying a player from the binners,but let me ask you something.  Would you rather have a ex binner in your team and stay up? Or no binner in our team and get relegated listening to the sniggering binners laughing at us in the fizzy league like so many of you posters are doing?

Now these were just questions,im not saying that a binner would save us!

I know which one i would prefer!

Ipswich''s style of play, plenty of passes into the box and players there to receive them, means that whoever plays forward gets more chances to score.

They wouldn''t shine in the City side I feel as we don''t create too many goalscoring chances.

[quote]Ipswich''s style of play, plenty of passes into the box and players there to receive them, means that whoever plays forward gets more chances to score. They wouldn''t shine in the City side I feel as ...[/quote]

Exactly right Jimbo.  Kuqi has just scored now because he was in the right place at the right time (ie the 6 yard box when the ball was bobbling about!)  Even Leon could do that!

I agree with Aubrey except I think we should raid and weaken our relegation rivals now. Let''s go for Koumas, Horsfield, Dickov, Phillips, Delap etc now rather wasting our money on Championship players.

[quote]I agree with Aubrey except I think we should raid and weaken our relegation rivals now. Let''s go for Koumas, Horsfield, Dickov, Phillips, Delap etc now rather wasting our money on Championship players...[/quote]

And they would be glad to sell them to us Fillet ? ? ? I don''t think so !

I''ll just add my thoughts on Kuqi, as I used to watch Sheff Weds a fair bit as they are my second team (where he played before Binners).  I have to say I didn''t think he was anything special in their poor side, esp given that they almost bankrupted themselves (further) by getting him for £1m from Stockport (when they had "no" money!) - he went to Ipswich from the Owls, where he seems to have done ok.

I''m not against any player because of who he is or where he''s played, as that is plain stupid, but by my reckoning there are any number of players with Premiership experience that we ought to look at ahead of him.  His record is in the lower divisions, where he seems to be effective, but not really outstanding, and although he is an international, 5 goals in 36 games is not great + being an international can be a double edged sword in injury terms. 

If we signed him I would support him, but I can''t see him coming close to being the difference between staying up and going down, so I would probably plump for not bothering.  There is also the fact that a) Ipswich wouldn''t want him to go, b) we might not be able to afford him and c) he might not want to come to a side he thinks will get relegated.

[quote]Exactly right Jimbo. Kuqi has just scored now because he was in the right place at the right time (ie the 6 yard box when the ball was bobbling about!) Even Leon could do that![/quote]

The thing is, Kuqi does manage to put them away when he''s ''in the right place at the right time''. McKenzie, as we''ve seen this season, does NOT. Chance after chance after chance, yes he''s a hard worker, but not good enough for this level. (see Holt)

As  ippo will find out next season.. players that look good in the nationwide league, dont neccessarily take that form with them into a higher league. I fear for Naylor, horlock, Davis, wilnis, DeVos, Richards, Kuqi, Magilton, Currie at the level we are currently operating at. Because they just arent good enough for this level. If we dont have the funds to bring in new players, im certain that they dont.. so it may be were having a little bit of schadenfreude fun this time next year.. Naylor and Devos against Henry and the gang.... exquisite.

I am not against signing any binner as long as they are up to it. Our side has improved from last year when we ran away with the fizzy pop lead. Despite improving our defence (yes I know I knock it but overall it is better than last years model) we have conceeded goal left right and centre. However the only Ipswich striker who caused us problems last year was Bent - Kuqi was marked out of the game by our defence last year. If that is the case he is unlikely to get much of a sniff out of most premiership defenders. We should not waste our cash on him. Bent onthe other had has true class and will be a premiership player next season at the latest whether with or without the binners - there remains the strong possibility he will be so in Jan. Unfortunately he is too expensive for us to sign him - he is easily the best striker outside the Prem in English football. OTBC