Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

The new manager syndrome has worn off apparently.

Or so it seems. What a gutless performance.

Carlisle plainly wanted it, City didn''t fancy it at all. Shades of............

It''s now that Paul Lambert has to prove his true mettle. Will he head the way of Grant and Roeder - or will he scrap and win like Worthy?

What''s your view?

Me? You tell me what his stony-faced silence on the touchline today meant when the team needed pumping up and organising - then I''ll finalise my opinion.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

It''s now that Paul Lambert has to prove his true mettle. Will he head the way of Grant and Roeder - or will he scrap and win like Worthy?

What''s your view?

Me? You tell me what his stony-faced silence on the touchline today meant when the team needed pumping up and organising - then I''ll finalise my opinion.

OTBC

[/quote]

He has already done that. But I agree SACK him and SACK him NOW. 

What''s your view?

OTBC

[/quote]

My view is that one poor performance in, what, 15 or 16 games, isn''t bad going. Every team has off days - ask Real madrid, who were knocked out of their Cup by a team a couple of Divisions below them.

Some posters on here tonight really need to wise up - a defeat every other game was the norm before lambert took over.

I think a bubble had built up and burst in a big way. I have never thought that the manager is the most important consideration either way. The players produced the successful run and they also produced the poor performance tonight. Southend will be the test of where things go from here.

FFS  the people on this message board! It''s not so much a case of glass half full but having no glass and standing in the corner alone with an empty plastic tumbler!! We have lost one game in a cup competition. I hate to break it to you all but it won''t be the last game we lose this season! Move on to the next game get 3 points and everything is rosey again.

[quote user="JF"]FFS  the people on this message board! It''s not so much a case of glass half full but having no glass and standing in the corner alone with an empty plastic tumbler!! We have lost one game in a cup competition. I hate to break it to you all but it won''t be the last game we lose this season! Move on to the next game get 3 points and everything is rosey again.[/quote]

It sounds like we were not up for the game, it happens, get over it!

What''s your view?

OTBC

[/quote]Oh dear oh dear oh dear...one performance doesn''t determine if a Manager will succeed or fail in the future. If it''s new manager syndrome, it seems we have suffered from it for quite a while...

[quote user=" Baldrick"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

What''s your view?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Done what?

OTBC

What''s your view?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Done what?

OTBC

What''s your view?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Done what?

OTBC

What''s your view?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Done what?

OTBC

One bad performance and it is like we are bottom of the Championship again on this messageboard.  If we had lost like that to Carlisle in the league, then yes you can moan, but in the second round in the FA Cup, you can just shut up!  Lambert has shown us that he is a very good manager and is different to Roeder and Grant.  Lambert is the one manager in the past however many years who you can rely on to get the team going.  I think we will thump Southend and they really are playing Norwich City at the wrong time.

[quote user="Boyo"]

One bad performance and it is like we are bottom of the Championship again on this messageboard.  If we had lost like that to Carlisle in the league, then yes you can moan, but in the second round in the FA Cup, you can just shut up!  Lambert has shown us that he is a very good manager and is different to Roeder and Grant.  Lambert is the one manager in the past however many years who you can rely on to get the team going.  I think we will thump Southend and they really are playing Norwich City at the wrong time.

[/quote]

Roeder started off as a very good manager too.

OTBC

Sack him before it gets any worse. LAMBERT OUT.

Well he has been here a few months and that is a bloody long time in the life of a Norwich City manager.

It''s all over,we are done,seasons finished,relegation battle looming,what are we to do Bly.

Oh god I can''t take it anymore, I''m off to join the foreign legion.

BlyBlyBabes.

Saw the match in the Bull Pub in Hellesdon.  Unfortunately the website link froze more times than Gary Docherty and wasn''t easy viewing.  Talking of Gary Docherty, where was he for the first goal?  OK, the Doc is fine when we are on top in a game - eg winning 4-1 against Swindon and he does a little shimmy and the crowd chant ''there''s only one ginger pele'' but when we are under pressure and have our backs to the wall he is totally useless.  I can only assume that the loan signing that Lambert failed to secure yestergay was a decent centre half - probably that guy we were linked with from Exeter.  

Unless something is done quickly, I fear the worst for our promotion hopes - particularly with games against Hudeersfield and Millwall coming up where we will be put under some pressure, not to mention away games at Colchester and Charlton.  

[quote user="Flashman"]

Saw the match in the Bull Pub in Hellesdon.  Unfortunately the website link froze more times than Gary Docherty and wasn''t easy viewing.  Talking of Gary Docherty, where was he for the first goal?  OK, the Doc is fine when we are on top in a game - eg winning 4-1 against Swindon and he does a little shimmy and the crowd chant ''there''s only one ginger pele'' but when we are under pressure and have our backs to the wall he is totally useless.  I can only assume that the loan signing that Lambert failed to secure yestergay was a decent centre half - probably that guy we were linked with from Exeter.  

Unless something is done quickly, I fear the worst for our promotion hopes - particularly with games against Hudeersfield and Millwall coming up where we will be put under some pressure, not to mention away games at Colchester and Charlton.  

[/quote]

Now, that''s a good post....[Y]

It''s NOT a good post.......when were we 4-1 up against Swindon?

Glad we''re out of the cup tbh!

Concentrate on the league!

Bring on Southend!

OTBC!

[quote user="Beatle"]

It''s NOT a good post.......when were we 4-1 up against Swindon?

Glad we''re out of the cup tbh!

Concentrate on the league!

Bring on Southend!

OTBC!

[/quote]

Yeah, really chuffed to be knocked out of the cup. Not.

It''s now that Paul Lambert has to prove his true mettle. Will he head the way of Grant and Roeder - or will he scrap and win like Worthy?.

OTBC

[/quote]

No it''s not, you just take yourself and what you say way too seriously. It''s quite amusing actually.

I think Lambert''s shown what he''s made of in the way we responded to the Leeds game.

Bly, your posts are ridiculous. One loss and we have lost a ''manager syndrome'' that never existed. If we now lose 3 on the trot fair enough but 1 match in an fa cup.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="NorwichRUs"]oh christ bly, get a life.[/quote]

No chance for a member of the living dead.

[/quote]The blokes a cnut… end of conversation!

Yes it was disappointing to be knocked out of the cup. Let''s face it, a home draw in the next round would have suited us and our dire bank balance down to the ground, but it wasn''t to be.

NCFC as we know it today is a changing and growing beast, wounded beyond most of our comprehension last season on and off the pitch. Frankly yesterday was nothing compared with our first game of the season, that was a real low! Since that day we have seen the start of a new NCFC with a new manager and new people on the board trying to get us back to some degree of respectability.

We lost in the 2nd round of the FA Cup. That''s a new low on a historical level, but in five years time will only be important if we are still in this league or lower. Personally I take it as a blip, a sign that we are not quite where we want to be, but making good progress overall. We won''t win every match, but as long as we continue to make steady progress up the league this season and don''t have to sell anyone we need to keep in January I am satisfied enough to think NCFC are on the mend.

Bly and others, ask yourself this, would you rather have gone into the 3rd round of the FA Cup but had the team at the wrong end of the league, or are you, like some on here still hankering over losing Gunn or Roeder. Yes, we lost, but reading some of the over reaction on here makes it look like we have been relegated all over again.

Lambert has proved over the past few months that he is building us back up and also building for the future, under tight financial constraint. I won''t lose faith in him, nor the players for one loss. IF it were to continue for the month of December, then yes perhaps then we should show some real concern.

It will be interesting to see what effect McNamee & Martin have on the team. I believe Martin can play CB as well as RB, which might prove very handy after last night. McNamees pace could have been useful as well.

Anyone thought that maybe Askou''s wife is very ill (Although I hope not - get well soon!) and maybe the players minds were on that and worrying about their team mate, rather than a pretty insignificant game of football?

There does seem to be a strong team spirit and people are bound to be affected if something major happens to a friend.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Flashman"]

[/quote]

Now, that''s a good post....[Y]

[/quote]

No it''s not....

[quote user="Gibbo"]Anyone thought that maybe Askou''s wife is very ill (Although I hope not - get well soon!) and maybe the players minds were on that and worrying about their team mate, rather than a pretty insignificant game of football?

There does seem to be a strong team spirit and people are bound to be affected if something major happens to a friend.[/quote]In which case I''d have expected them to go out and give it everything to support their team mate, rather than meekly fold in the manner they did.