Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell Yellow

Imagine if this was YOU..

You are Jon Otsemobor..

Fraser Forster has just done a terrible goal kick and you are the quickest one chasing back, do you...

A) Try to stand him up and hope Forster comes out quite late after making himself big when Beckford''s near the penalty spot
B) Try to get a foot on the ball on the edge of the box (What he did)
or..
C) Bring down Beckford from the edge on the box, possibly get shown a red and think that a red card is better that 0 points.

What would you have chosen?

i''m not his greatest fan, he was looking the wrong way when the kick was taken, but he did pull his hamstring in chasing back - he couldn''t have taken beckford out.

[quote user="Aruskinncfc"]You are Jon Otsemobor..

Fraser Forster has just done a terrible goal kick and you are the quickest one chasing back, do you...

A) Try to stand him up and hope Forster comes out quite late after making himself big when Beckford''s near the penalty spot
or..
C) Bring down Beckford from the edge on the box, possibly get shown a red and think that a red card is better that 0 points.

What would you have chosen?[/quote]

Tough one - because if you take him out you give away a free kick on the edge of the box (or a Pen if you time it just to late and Beckford cons the ref). No ''Possibly a red'' - you''ve stopped a 1v1 from behind so definitely a red. SO you could still end up conceding - from a set piece - and Semi is suspended for the Swindon game, leaving us with Francomb and no cover

i guess the answer is concentrate (not just semi, whole back 4) and stay goal side when your keeper is kicking.Seems the obvious answer anyway :SThen if beckford does intercept, just hack him down 40yards away from goal,get a yellow and move on.

[quote user="6088m canary"]i guess the answer is concentrate (not just semi, whole back 4) and stay goal side when your keeper is kicking.Seems the obvious answer anyway :SThen if beckford does intercept, just hack him down 40yards away from goal,get a yellow and move on.[/quote] true, i blame forster 95 % tho, he got to the ball tho, just a fraction late

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="Aruskinncfc"]You are Jon Otsemobor..Fraser Forster has just done a terrible goal kick and you are the quickest one chasing back, do you...A) Try to stand him up and hope Forster comes out quite late after making himself big when Beckford''s near the penalty spotB) Try to get a foot on the ball on the edge of the box (What he did)or..C) Bring down Beckford from the edge on the box, possibly get shown a red and think that a red card is better that 0 points.What would you have chosen?[/quote]

Tough one - because if you take him out you give away a free kick on the edge of the box (or a Pen if you time it just to late and Beckford cons the ref). No ''Possibly a red'' - you''ve stopped a 1v1 from behind so definitely a red. SO you could still end up conceding - from a set piece - and Semi is suspended for the Swindon game, leaving us with Francomb and no cover[/quote]Yeah What a joke this thread is, from my view Semmy did all he could to prevent the goal, more so than anyone else. If he''d have given a penalty away we''d all be going mad at him. Fact is it was Forsters error 100%, nobody else.

[quote user="6088m canary"]i guess the answer is concentrate (not just semi, whole back 4) and stay goal side when your keeper is kicking.
Seems the obvious answer anyway :S
Then if beckford does intercept, just hack him down 40yards away from goal,get a yellow and move on.

[/quote]

[Y] Agreed, but I think to blame Semmy for the goal is pure stupidity. Forster should be talking to Rudd about how to kick Forster''s kicking has never been spectacular and the defence should give him the cover that he clearly needs.

His kicking from his hands was dreadful against L Orient.

Simple rule of thumb is that when your keeper makes a clearance you turn and face the ball.
I''d like to think the defence got the hair drier for slowly ambling towards the halfway line. It looked like Otsemobor had to double check to see whether Beckford was running!
   Still, hopefully Beckford will leave in January, enabling htem to run out of steam and for us to eventually take top spot......
Ok but we can still dream :).

one thing you can be sure of is the defenders aren''t going to make the same mistake on Saturday....

Would have been nice if this happened when we were 5-1 up against Bristol Rovers then it wouldn''t have happened again

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="Aruskinncfc"]You are Jon Otsemobor..

or..

What would you have chosen?[/quote] Tough one - because if you take him out you give away a free kick on the edge of the box (or a Pen if you time it just to late and Beckford cons the ref). No ''Possibly a red'' - you''ve stopped a 1v1 from behind so definitely a red. SO you could still end up conceding - from a set piece - and Semi is suspended for the Swindon game, leaving us with Francomb and no cover[/quote]

Every cloud has a silver lining. I''d settle for him being banned for the rest of the season !! 

[quote user="B-ru"]

[quote user="6088m canary"]i guess the answer is concentrate (not just semi, whole back 4) and stay goal side when your keeper is kicking.
Seems the obvious answer anyway :S
Then if beckford does intercept, just hack him down 40yards away from goal,get a yellow and move on.

[/quote]

[Y] Agreed, but I think to blame Semmy for the goal is pure stupidity. Forster should be talking to Rudd about how to kick Forster''s kicking has never been spectacular and the defence should give him the cover that he clearly needs.

[/quote]

Apparently Forster was carrying a back injury. That was bound to affect his kicking, and the defence should have taken account of this.  

C) anyone in their right mind would flatten him!

Its injury time, take him out, red card.. see out the last 30 seconds with 10 men and a point in the bag.

[quote user="Marty"]the answer is option D), stand like a lemon whilst staring into the middle distance.[/quote]

I hope your not saying thats what he done? I think Forster would have saved if Semmy hadn''t got a touch. He should have snapped him on the edge of the box. We didn''t have any cover against Leeds so Francomb could have filled in and if he had to go off, Lappin move back and someone else fill in for him.

To be honest, it is a no brainer for me, I would take him out and risk them scoring a free-kick rather than Beckford going through to almost definately score.

Mind you, whilst Otsemebor was chasing back, in the 2-3 seconds he had to think about it, he probably thought that going for the ball would be the easiest option.

Imagine you a fraser Forster, a professional goal goalkeeper that has been playing football for 10,12 more years??

Do you A) Kick the ball B) Kick the floor?

Quit trying to blame Semi, as much as I dont rate him, he wasnt at fault for the goal!

[quote user="CDMullins"]Imagine you a fraser Forster, a professional goal goalkeeper that has been playing football for 10,12 more years??

Do you A) Kick the ball B) Kick the floor?

Quit trying to blame Semi, as much as I dont rate him, he wasnt at fault for the goal![/quote]Agreed.

Try my hardest to win the ball fairly? Oh wait... That''s what Otsemobor did.

It''s an unfortunate thing that should just be put to rest. The defence shouldn''t have turned their backs but at the same time how often does your keeper eff up on that scale with the last kick of the game. Plenty of people at fault, I''m still super gutted about it but these things unfortunately happen.

[quote user="B-ru"]

[quote user="6088m canary"]i guess the answer is concentrate (not just semi, whole back 4) and stay goal side when your keeper is kicking.Seems the obvious answer anyway :SThen if beckford does intercept, just hack him down 40yards away from goal,get a yellow and move on.[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, Forsters kicking leaves a lot to be desired, but it was in fact Rudd who played against Leyton Orient.So, I''m not entirely sure which game you were watching!!