Sign in to follow this  

why are the snakepit so obsessed with the barclay

Most of the time we''re just having a laugh with that rasta looking bloke who sits down in the Barclay right near us.

He starts it!

To quote Paul (The Rasta)
"Look at the stars, Look how they shine for yo, We''re not the scum in blue, No we''re all yellow!"
Come on, he makes the atmosphere in block A! His celebration''s when the goals went in were a laugh too!
But sometimes the chant does go a bit ott tbh, but it''s all good fun.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Because they''re jealous. They want to be us. If they left the snakepit and came into the Barclay, they would probably lose face with those around them![/quote]

Aren''t most in the pit the old boys from the Barclay, I certainly remember a few from years gone by.

Ex Barclay boys, feeling superior, but without justification.

The Jarrold boys sitting next to the away fans are slowly becoming the NCFC ultras, saw some spirited reactions from them today.

because the snakepit are all Barclay rejects and trying to remember the days they all used to sit in there!

jas :)

That''s us!

As an ex Barclay Boy from the 70''s and 80''s, much prefer to be in Jarrold these days...We''re the H Block, We''re the H block...

Hate to break it to you chaps, but it''s actually because we''re getting a bit fed up of making all the noise at Carra Rud and think it''d be nice to hear a chant or two from the Barclay, like the good old days. ;o)

That said, you''ll never beat the Snakepit!

''cos ''We make more noise than you!!'' It''s all a bit of fun mate, happens a other grounds too - Palace is one I can think of. Chill out we''re only trying to get an atmosphere going

dont know why people are moaning!

If the barclay sang up a little it wouldnt be as bad!

And FYI, its RASTA who starts it all..

and all the people we sit with have never sat in the Barclay.. ;-)

Hiya Snakepit Lassy,.....''tis I,Paul{Rasta, as I seem to be known}I do love the banter between myself  and the''Pit''.I''ve normally partaken of a few....and its only to get a few songs going...........Still think my ''look at the stars,see how they shine for you,we''re not the scum in blue,we are all YELLA'' is gonna catch on,just a matter of time me thinks..

Look at the stars, see how they shine for you, we''re not the scum in blue, we''re all yellow.

Epic!! I love it :D Gotta spread it about, I think its pretty good!

Credit to you Rasta (Paul) ;D

[quote user="We jammin bor"]Cheers JJJJ,it could well have some mileage,what d''ya reckon ?
[/quote]

As I said when you brought it up initially Paul, you should start a thread of it''s own.  It could have been written for us. (Is the other Chris Martin one of us?)  Would be good if you could come up with a bit more, maybe with Lamby and a few players in it??  Definitely push it though, it''s brilliant!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

because the snakepit are all Barclay rejects and trying to remember the days they all used to sit in there!

jas :)

[/quote]

STAND IN THERE.....actually!!!

Saturday was my first ever foray into The Snakepit (had a season ticket in the Lower Barclay for seven or so years) and I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed it. The atmosphere was better, there was a distinct lack of moaning and everyone seemed to be having a laugh. Plus the fans seemed more interested in trying to lift the team rather than pointing and swearing at the away fans like some of the young wanabee hooligans in the noisier areas of the Barclay. I''ll definitely go and sit there again when I next get to a game.

A wee observation... …having taken my place at Carrow Road for all bar the Wycombe game (holiday) in a variety of seating positions, I have to say that the noise from both The Corner Infill between the Barclay and the City Stand and The Barclay itself was surprisingly absent. Having had a season ticket in Barclay Upper I had always thought that it would sound much, much louder in other parts of the ground. Not so, surprisingly quiet. Must do better chaps!And I have to add, apart from the little groups of "tutters" spread about… the atmosphere in the South Stand, when up close to the away fans, is superb. I think there is a little hub there of "naughty boys" that are starting to become a pain in the arse for both Stewards and Rozzers and really winding up the opposition.I know I''m too old for all of that sort of stuff, but it was highly amusing to see an Orient fan lose it completely and get dragged away because he fell for the baiting…

[quote user="We jammin bor"]Hiya Snakepit Lassy,.....''tis I,Paul{Rasta, as I seem to be known}I do love the banter between myself  and the''Pit''.I''ve normally partaken of a few....and its only to get a few songs going...........Still think my ''look at the stars,see how they shine for you,we''re not the scum in blue,we are all YELLA'' is gonna catch on,just a matter of time me thinks..
[/quote]

Love it mate!!! I will be taking that one to away games!!!!

You keep the banter up my son I am a proud snakepit '' Old Boy'' fast approaching 50years of age and yes I was a Barclay boy in my teens.Calm down dear its all a bit of fun at the end of the day we are all yellow and green,it was us and the Barclay who got behind the team on Saturday after the Bristol penalty , no moaning from the Pit.Paul or (Rasta) you are a credit to the Barclay.Snakepiter Row L 251 little bald guy.

[quote user="snakepiter"]You keep the banter up my son I am a proud snakepit '' Old Boy'' fast approaching 50years of age and yes I was a Barclay boy in my teens.Calm down dear its all a bit of fun at the end of the day we are all yellow and green,it was us and the Barclay who got behind the team on Saturday after the Bristol penalty , no moaning from the Pit.Paul or (Rasta) you are a credit to the Barclay.Snakepiter Row L 251 little bald guy.[/quote]

2 rows behind mee ;)