Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Doherty: My Norwich career is all but over

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

Rubbish players always win player of the season [:$]

[/quote]Lee Croft would agree with that.

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

[/quote]

Lee Croft would agree with that.
[/quote]

What division is he playin in again? and where are we?

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

[/quote]Lee Croft would agree with that.[/quote]

[/quote]Have you been reading the reviews on his performances?

Lets not forget that Gary doherty has given us loyalty....

Something that dixon Etuhu, Lee Croft, Sammy Clingan and Rob Earnshaw could all learn the meaning of the word....

jas :)                                    

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Lets not forget that Gary doherty has given us loyalty....

jas :)                                    

[/quote]

As have the poor sods who''ve paid his wages!

Always pleasing to see the vociferous Pink''un moderates out in force, never missing an opportunity to take the moral high ground. How very base of this rabble to celebrate the leaving of a player who''s been paid very handsomely to underperform, year upon year! The bloody savages!Football should be the physical equivalent of backgammon, don''t forget that.[:|]

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

[/quote]

Lee Croft would agree with that.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Have you been reading the reviews on his performances?
[/quote]

Indeed Andy. But have you been reading the reviews of Whaley''s performances?

And here''s my problem with all of this. We have over the last few years got rid of coutless people from this football club that posters on here do not think are good enough for them and give shed loads of abuse on this MB. On every occasion they have been replaced by someone more inferior. This is celebrated at the time and then later, when it becomes apparent the posters got it wrong, they backtrack or find someone else to blame. To prove this point I would like to offer the following for your consideration : -

Gary Holt  -  Andy Hughes

Nigel Worthington  -  Peter Grant

Barry Skipper  -  The Turners

Carl Robinson  -  Mark Fotheringham

Dickson Etuhu  -  Darrel Russell

Glen Roeder  -  Bryan Gunn

David Marshall  -  Michael Theoklitos

Lee Croft  -  Simon Whaley

Gary Doherty  -  ?

Will Doc buck the trend and end up playing at a level below us or will we slip further into the mire?

Doc''s been a committed and dedicated player for us so I thank him for that but he''s right in saying it''s time for change. Praise to Lambert for implementing the change too!

I just think that some people have very short memories. When Shackell came back here on loan last season, dare I say it, Doherty was beginning to look like an accomplished (for want of a better word) defender, and as previously mentioned was being touted around as the POTY last season, before inexplicably being given to Lee Croft. Admittedly being considered the best of that absolute shower not saying much, but let''s not deflect from my initial point any further.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

[/quote]Lee Croft would agree with that.[/quote]

[/quote]Have you been reading the reviews on his performances?[/quote]

And here''s my problem with all of this. We have over the last few years got rid of coutless people from this football club that posters on here do not think are good enough for them and give shed loads of abuse on this MB. On every occasion they have been replaced by someone more inferior. This is celebrated at the time and then later, when it becomes apparent the posters got it wrong, they backtrack or find someone else to blame. To prove this point I would like to offer the following for your consideration : -

Gary Doherty  -  ?

Will Doc buck the trend and end up playing at a level below us or will we slip further into the mire?

[/quote]Totaly agree NN… but I fear the reasons behind it are worthy of a thread on their own (in fact there are many hundreds already!)I will never diss The Doc. Was player of the season last year by some distance. Not the main reason for our continual slide I think you will find?!Not gifted by any stretch of the imagination, but more than committed and if everyone else had shown the same effort last season we would still be in Div 2.

Another example of the harsh way people at NCFC are dealt with. held on but a leash and then cast out without a care n the world. WHY couldnt this have been done in august when we could have gott at least 250k for him.  but no,  its done now.  Knock Doherty as much as you haters want to but the guy has been a loyal servent to this club and he doesnt deserve to be treated this way. i feel sory for him and i hope he goes to a club and shines for them. Good luck Doc.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Gary Doherty  -  ?

[/quote]

Excellent work NutmegNigel, shows exactly why we have fallen so low.

Two more to add

Ashton - Earnshaw - Cureton

Huckerby - Hoolahan

Agree with all of that Andy and I know you weren''t dissing Doc! But It was that comment on Croft, which I agreed with too, that prompted my post.

It''s interesting that there is a consensus of opinion on here that assumes we finally have a manager who realises donkerty is useless and is getting rid. I doubt that''s the case and I also am not comfortable with having loyal players at our club frozen out with seemingly no chance of playing no matter how well they play for the reserves. This would be ok for disciplinary reasons but don''t forget this is also the club that treated Matty Pattison like a hero after his little escapade in his car. Off topic I know but football is becoming so far removed from the rest of society that it''ll soon be on a different planet.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

Two more to add

Huckerby - Hoolahan

[/quote]

Oh there''s countless more Dr. But Ashton, Earnshaw and Hucks weren''t given shed loads of abuse on here.

For me Earnshaw - Cureton and Etuhu - Russell were the catalysts for what has followed.

Scapegoat for 5 years, got made captain (perhaps wrongly) this season but was no doubt delighted to get the armband. Now forced to leave.Yes he''s not the best player so let''s then have a bench of youth players, no-one needs any experience on there aswell, look at Monday, we were fine.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Dr. Ink"]

Two more to add

Huckerby - Hoolahan

[/quote]

Oh there''s countless more Dr. But Ashton, Earnshaw and Hucks weren''t given shed loads of abuse on here.

For me Earnshaw - Cureton and Etuhu - Russell were the catalysts for what has followed.

[/quote]

You are fighting an uphill battle Nigel.

Once they have found a scapegoat they are seldom open to reason.

The problem has been at fullback for several seasons now and whoever plays at centre back is going to have to face the same difficulties of being pulled out of position to cover.

I am just wondering who the next scapegoat will be.

Well it''s a good excuse for losing isn''t it? Having youngsters in the squad. That''s the excuse Lambert made against the Dons having 3 seventeen year olds playing!

I think it''s a shame because he''s the best/strongest defender we''ve got but he''s obviously on a lot of money and if him leaving allows us to improve and strengthen elsewhere then it''ll be for best.

I haven''t got a bad word to say about the guy because he''s always tried hard for Norwich City when lots and lots of players haven''t been bothered. It''s the lazy and limited players who we''ve carried that have got us down here, not him.

Good luck to him.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]While I think Doc needs to be replaced I also think he deserves big thank you for his efforts over the last 5 years. He is undoubtedly a Marmite kind of player, but, despite his obvious shortcomings, I believe that he''s always given everything for us on the pitch, so maybe a little compassion on here would be nice .......[/quote]

I fully agree with this - he''s not brilliant but he''s never hid despite the ridiculous amount of abuse he has received over the last few years (a good example being the reserve match thread yesterday), always given everything for the cause, and though he has his limitations I think he''s been better for us than he''s given credit for.

It doesn''t mean I''m unhappy that he''s leaving or with the way the manager has dealt with it. I just think a bit of respect would be nice. But it won''t happen on the Pink ''un, of course.

[/quote]Agree, last season i''d say he was our best and most consistent player

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]He''s rubbish. He was always rubbish. Champagne anyone?
[/quote]

Pour me a big one Lord.[D]

[/quote]

Your wish is my command.

He''s never impressed me. Far too inconsistent, he''ll be going ok one minute and then make a god awful mistake the next.

I''d be lying if I said the idea of him going bothered me.

*Dances in the streets*The Huckerby retirement blow has at least been suffered somewhat !Good ridence Doc, may you join another league 1 team and grant us many penatlies !

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Dr. Ink"]

Two more to add

Huckerby - Hoolahan

[/quote]

[/quote]

You are fighting an uphill battle Nigel.

Once they have found a scapegoat they are seldom open to reason.

The problem has been at fullback for several seasons now and whoever plays at centre back is going to have to face the same difficulties of being pulled out of position to cover.

I am just wondering who the next scapegoat will be.

[/quote]

Well put Ricardo (and Nutty). I would also add that as well as the full-backs, the midfield has been a pretty major problem too (arguably more so), in general, over the last few years, not offering enough protection to the defence or being willing enough to take the ball off them, and not getting forward to help the strikers out. How many games have we come away having been overrun and not being competitive in the middle of the park? Far too many.

But still, we won''t expect the forum''s resident simpletons to understand. They''ll just be waiting to choose the next scapegoat who will undoubtedly be the root of all the world''s problems. And when they leave and things aren''t any better, they''ll just choose somebody else.

[quote]“The gaffer feels that maybe I have gone a bit stale and maybe that''s right, maybe I do need a change.

“It''s a long time at one club, five years, and maybe a fresh start would do me good.” [/quote]

Hmm. Even at his best, for me, the Doc was never good enough.

[quote user="Duffman"]I just can''t believe it has taken so long for a manager to work this one out.

Well done Paul Lambert.
[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. He''s not single handedly responsible for the position we find ourselves in but his name has to be right up there. Certainly one of the worst centre backs we have ever had. His fan base is probably the same one that adored Lee Croft because he ran around a lot.

[quote user="Beauseant"]While I think Doc needs to be replaced I also think he deserves big thank you for his efforts over the last 5 years. He is undoubtedly a Marmite kind of player, but, despite his obvious shortcomings, I believe that he''s always given everything for us on the pitch, so maybe a little compassion on here would be nice .......[/quote]

I''ll second that, seems like some "fans" will need a new boo boy though!