Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Doherty: My Norwich career is all but over

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Duffman"]Gary may well think I will sit this one out as history suggests Lambert won''t be here for too long but the one think he won''t be thinking is Lambert has probably looked at the squad and thought ''Right, there must be some people that have played under all 4 previous managers and they all ended up on the dole''. Lambert took a week to work out what Worthy, Grant, Roeder and Gunn failed to spot in 5 years and for that reason Gary would be wrong to assume PL won''t be here in 12 months time.[/quote]

Yeah right! Time will tell but right now you''re taking a huge leap of faith. All this Worthy being unable to work players out as well as the fans is so 2005 and so wrong. Where is Worthy, where is Etuhu and where are we?

[/quote]

Andy Hughes, Jason Jarrett, Carl Robinson, Gary Doherty, Louis-Jean, Paul Gallacher, Jim Brennan, Jurgen Colin and
Peter Thorne.

Shall we play where are they now also ?

Worthy lost the plot in 2005 and the above backs that up.

P.S - Dickson Etuhu is the player he is now due to Roy Hodgson.   Worthy can take no credit for that and nor should you be using it as a way of defending Nigel Worthington.
[/quote]

If you want to..

Hughes is at Leeds after being treated disgracefully by a lot of fans here. It wasn''t his fault he couldn''t be Gary Holt. Worthy recognised the need for another Gary Holt in order to get the best from Hucks. But then Holt was another scapegoat wasn''t he?

Don''t know where Jarrett is, I never rated him and have no interest in his career.

Robinson went to Toronto where he won their MVP award 2 years running and carried on playing well for Wales. He must be getting on a bit now.

Loui-Jean unfortunately retuired through injury and last I heard was scouting in France for Liverpool.

Paul Gallacher I haven''t a clue. At the time I thought he was the worst keeper we ever had but that''s been surpassed a few times since. Peter Grants Stevie Wonder comment was one of may favourite ever[:D] Worthy did sign him as cover for Greeno and to be fair he soon realised ward was better. Unfortunately Wards injury meant we didn''t keep him.

Jim Brennan I think is still at Toronto, I thought he was an excellent footballer, who like many on this list would walk into our side now.

Jurgen Colin was decent wasn''t he? Would Otsemebor keep him out of the team? I think he''s playing in the Dutch Prem now which is a little better than our League One.

Peter Thorne was possibly Worthy''s most unlucky signing because of his injuries while he was here. He''s at Bradford now where he''s scored 31 in 70 games. I wish we''d kept him and persevered. Before he came here he scored 27 in 78 for Swindon, 65 in 157 for Stoke and 46 in 126 for Cardiff. He may have saved us last year!! And he linked very well with a certain Darren Huckerby (who also rated him).

Oh.. and the Doc''s still here for now.

PS Etuhu managed to play in the Prem for a certain Roy Keane and he''s certainly no Roy Hodgson.[;)]

Those are my opinions, yours are very different but who''s to say which one of us is right. Some people post on here with seemingly no opinions [;)]

Oh and I just read this back and I''m wondering if MLJ ever found Liverpool in France [;)]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]And Worthy took an over achieving Northern Ireland firing away under Sanchez and reduced them to also rans knowwhatImean?[/quote]

Really?

[:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]And Worthy took an over achieving Northern Ireland firing away under Sanchez and reduced them to also rans knowwhatImean?[/quote]

Really?

[:|]

[/quote]Yeh those also rans that nearly secured a world cup qualifying spot despite being in the group of death of Poland, Czech Rep. (both of which have almost no chance of qualifying), Slovenia and stand-out performers of Slovakia......

Just for the record...

Jason Jarrett was on trial at Port Vale recently (''nuff said). No idea if he got a contract.

Paul Gallacher signed for St Mirren from Dunfermline in the summer.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

Rubbish players always win player of the season [:$]

[/quote]

Lee Croft would agree with that.
[/quote]

What division is he playin in again? and where are we?

[/quote]

Have you been reading the reviews on his performances?
[/quote]

so you wouldn''t want him back now then?

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"][quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

Rubbish players always win player of the season [:$]

[/quote]Lee Croft would agree with that.[/quote]

What division is he playin in again? and where are we?

[/quote]Have you been reading the reviews on his performances?[/quote]

so you wouldn''t want him back now then?

[/quote]In this league yes, in the one above no!

Glad he got a reprieve[Y]

Lambert said "Shows how much I know"[:O] Great comment from someone who is set to be a great manager.

I wonder if the reprieve will last....

[quote user="First Wizard"]I have a dream...........Free at last..............Lord God almighty...............We''re free at last![Y][/quote]

Humble Pie anyone ?

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]I have a dream...........Free at last..............Lord God almighty...............We''re free at last![Y][/quote]

Humble Pie anyone ?

[/quote]

Not me, makes me burp.

Doc has found his level in League One, its took 4-5 years for him to find it but he has....Now...can Lamberts man management get him up for the championship???.......what is it you say Wiz?....In Lambert we trust..........

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Doc has found his level in League One, its took 4-5 years for him to find it but he has....[/quote]NCFC player of the season 2005-6 while Norwich were in the Championship.Thank god he''s not black or you''d really hate him.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]NCFC player of the season 2005-6 while Norwich were in the Championship Says it all about that squad though doesnt it???[/quote]

Robert Green, Adam Drury, Craig Fleming, Darren Huckerby, Yousef Safri and Dickson Etuhu to name six.

I have always believed that The Doc is good enough for the Championship and he was always a far better player than Nelson, Askou or Spillane for this season. I can''t comment on Whitbread as I haven''t seen him play. And that''s the point. Replacing Doc is fine so long as we replace him with a better player. The point I was making on this thread last year was that this club replaced people at all levels with someone worse and that''s why we ended up relegated.

Now for the first time for a long time that trend has been reversed. Munby - Bowkett, Doncaster - McNally look to be improvements while Gunn - Lambert is the first managerial change for the better since Hamilton - Worthington. Now, if the same trend happens with the players we will continue to climb.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]NCFC player of the season 2005-6 while Norwich were in the Championship Says it all about that squad though doesnt it???[/quote]

Robert Green, Adam Drury, Craig Fleming, Darren Huckerby, Yousef Safri and Dickson Etuhu to name six.

I have always believed that The Doc is good enough for the Championship and he was always a far better player than Nelson, Askou or Spillane for this season. I can''t comment on Whitbread as I haven''t seen him play enough. And that''s the point. Replacing Doc is fine so long as we replace him with a better player. The point I was making on this thread last year was that this club replaced people at all levels with someone worse and that''s why we ended up relegated.

Now for the first time for a long time that trend has been reversed. Munby - Bowkett, Doncaster - McNally look to be improvements while Gunn - Lambert is the first managerial change for the better since Hamilton - Worthington. Now, if the same trend happens with the players we will continue to climb.

[/quote]

Fair enough Nutty beat off some decent players. But i will be honest, i have never rated him untill about october/november when he came back from being dropped and took it like a man and was one of our star players this season...no question....didnt do it for me in the championship...my opinion....but maybe lambert will get more out of him than previous managers....he seems to have lost that clumsy bumvbling liability that always put me off him, but credit where its due he took being dropped on the chin and fought back....signs of a strong character.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Thank god he''s not black or you''d really hate him.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz[/quote]Sorry, I should have rephrased that.Dank Gott Gary Doherty es nichten ein schwarzer, oder sie haten er![img]http://clearwisdom.net/emh/article_images/2007-9-16_swastika.gif[/img]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Doc has found his level in League One, its took 4-5 years for him to find it but he has....Now...can Lamberts man management get him up for the championship???.......what is it you say Wiz?....In Lambert we trust..........[/quote]If anyone can improve Doc Arthur, Lambert will, however, I expect him to favour Whitbread next season.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Doc has found his level in League One, its took 4-5 years for him to find it but he has....Now...can Lamberts man management get him up for the championship???.......what is it you say Wiz?....In Lambert we trust..........[/quote]If anyone can improve Doc Arthur, Lambert will, however, I expect him to favour Whitbread next season.[/quote]So the centre backs will be Whitbread and who?

The thing I find confusing about people''s opinions of our centre-backs is that Doc is deemed not good enough for the championship (even though he''s played most of his career there or higher) yet Askou, Whitbred and even Nelson are given carte-blanche because they weren''t part of the Roeder/Grant disaster zone. It''s no certainty that those three players will be able to cope, having never played at that level in their careers.Doherty has his failings but it''s hardly his fault that he was caught up in the sh*t-storm of poor management that we''ve had over the past 3 or 4 years.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Doc has found his level in League One, its took 4-5 years for him to find it but he has....Now...can Lamberts man management get him up for the championship???.......what is it you say Wiz?....In Lambert we trust..........[/quote]If anyone can improve Doc Arthur, Lambert will, however, I expect him to favour Whitbread next season.[/quote]

So the centre backs will be Whitbread and who?

[/quote]

Probably Whitbread and Doherty if Lambert can turn him into a player good enough. Last time we were in the Championship Doc gave away far too many penalties and free kicks around the box. Of course if he cuts that out he will be good enough but it will all be down to Lambo ironing out the flaws in his game.[*-)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Doc has found his level in League One, its took 4-5 years for him to find it but he has....Now...can Lamberts man management get him up for the championship???.......what is it you say Wiz?....In Lambert we trust..........[/quote]If anyone can improve Doc Arthur, Lambert will, however, I expect him to favour Whitbread next season.[/quote]So the centre backs will be Whitbread and who?[/quote]

Probably Whitbread and Doherty if Lambert can turn him into a player good enough. Last time we were in the Championship Doc gave away far too many penalties and free kicks around the box. Of course if he cuts that out he will be good enough but it will all be down to Lambo ironing out the flaws in his game.[*-)]

[/quote]

Yes, that''s true.  And in the Championship the referees are a better quality and will notice all those free kicks and penalties that Doc gives away.  Part of the reason we''ve conceded so few goals this season is because the League One referees don''t see what the crowd all see.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Doc has found his level in League One, its took 4-5 years for him to find it but he has....Now...can Lamberts man management get him up for the championship???.......what is it you say Wiz?....In Lambert we trust..........[/quote]If anyone can improve Doc Arthur, Lambert will, however, I expect him to favour Whitbread next season.[/quote]

So the centre backs will be Whitbread and who?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, that''s true.  And in the Championship the referees are a better quality and will notice all those free kicks and penalties that Doc gives away.  Part of the reason we''ve conceded so few goals this season is because the League One referees don''t see what the crowd all see.

[/quote]

Go on then, what have the crowd seen this season?

[quote user="The gut"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Doc has found his level in League One, its took 4-5 years for him to find it but he has....Now...can Lamberts man management get him up for the championship???.......what is it you say Wiz?....In Lambert we trust..........[/quote]If anyone can improve Doc Arthur, Lambert will, however, I expect him to favour Whitbread next season.[/quote]So the centre backs will be Whitbread and who?[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Go on then, what have the crowd seen this season?

[/quote]All the penalties and free kicks that Doherty gives away every match.  He''s always pulling or tugging or holding or wrestling and it''s only because League One referees don''t understand the definition of "fouls" that we''ve been so tight at the back this year.  Luckily Doc''s had Nelson on hand to bale him out time and time again.

Yes Mister!! Glad you can see what those happy clappy Doc lovers conveniently ignore.

And before it was Nelly baling him out it was Askou. They should play with ten men for a few games, let Doc cope on his own, then they''d see we were right all along!

I cant believe how wrong i was about you nigel,let alone The doc! ;)  ..But you are still the type i would look over your shoulder to copy at school! ...

Its weird,but this year has been  a year of judging people and finding i was wrong about them.1st the doc/nelson..Both have proved me wrong with sterling performances..Then i thought GB had lost the plot and labour was gonna sink faster than the beers i had last night,then under scrutiny from radio 1`s future political animals,he wiped the floor with them..And then you,who i totally misjudged,and was out of order for my personnal attack on you! .And my biggest misjudgemant was that godbotherer in east enders..I said this guy will be the new Patrick,after a few episodes! Looks like he is the new?! Dont think there has been anyone so evil before!