Sign in to follow this  
canaries

WELL DONE MCNALLY

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="NCFC1"]It seems like he was heavily behind this decision which is good as it proves he is ruthless and atleast 1 member of the board is not willing to let the sacking of a manger drag on[/quote]

Had it been done Saturday night then I would have agreed but this just makes the Board and the Club look stupid.

What does this say to the players and why let a guy assemble a squad if you then don''t give him a chance to see what they can do.

Rank bad decisions by the Board got the Club into trouble, knee jerk reactions to one result won''t get it out.

[/quote]

I agree Ricardo.

I wonder who their next saviour is going to be?  What new heroes our fantastic new manager will want to sign???

It is those in the boardroom who need to go.  While Smith & Jones remain it will not matter who we have in the managerial hotseat.

No decent manager will want to come anywhere near Carrow Road to work under the current set up.

Good Luck to whatever poor sod takes the poisoned chalice of the vacant position at NCFC.. something tells me that you are going to need it and that you will be doing your career more harm than good long term.

[/quote]

Seems like the saga just continues to roll Smudger, this board never cease to surprise us with their sense of timing.

I never endorsed their giving the job to Gunny but if you make a decision you have to stick by it and give it a chance to work.

[/quote]

His form over 20 games obviously said enough.

[/quote]

Then why not terminate it after 18 games at the end of last season?

Allowing him to spend the transfer budget for this season and then sacking him after 2 games (1 win 1 loss) hardly smacks of a reasoned judgement.

Whether you thought Gunny was the man or not is niether here nor there. The Board have thrown another sop to the fans as they always do in times of crisis. Gunny pays the penalty while the real wasters remain in place.

The anger of the fans should be turned on the people who have driven this club so low [/quote]

Don''t blame the fans, we didn''t appoint Gunn.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"]

Seems like the saga just continues to roll Smudger, this board never cease to surprise us with their sense of timing.

I never endorsed their giving the job to Gunny but if you make a decision you have to stick by it and give it a chance to work.

As you rightly say, who in their right mind would want to work for this bunch of amateurs.

[/quote]Ricardo, I often agree with your posts, but not on this occasion. The fact is that Gunn - rightly or wrongly - was appointed before the three new directors arrived on the scene.Given that, which is the more amateurish? For the new board members to sit on their hands and keep Gunn in a job for which they don''t think he is qualified, or to force the issue and get rid of him? It has to be the former.For all that the timing looks odd, and embarrassing, the really important question is whether sacking Gunn now was the right decision. [/quote]Did people miss this post? It''s absolutely spot on. It also once again highlights how utterly clueless our ''previous'' board were, massive shame we still have a couple of them....

"Don''t blame the fans, we didn''t appoint Gunn."

Actually, indirectly, through your St Andrew''s Hall meeting you did.....

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="NCFC1"]It seems like he was heavily behind this decision which is good as it proves he is ruthless and atleast 1 member of the board is not willing to let the sacking of a manger drag on[/quote]

Had it been done Saturday night then I would have agreed but this just makes the Board and the Club look stupid.

What does this say to the players and why let a guy assemble a squad if you then don''t give him a chance to see what they can do.

Rank bad decisions by the Board got the Club into trouble, knee jerk reactions to one result won''t get it out.

[/quote]

I agree Ricardo.

I wonder who their next saviour is going to be?  What new heroes our fantastic new manager will want to sign???

It is those in the boardroom who need to go.  While Smith & Jones remain it will not matter who we have in the managerial hotseat.

No decent manager will want to come anywhere near Carrow Road to work under the current set up.

Good Luck to whatever poor sod takes the poisoned chalice of the vacant position at NCFC.. something tells me that you are going to need it and that you will be doing your career more harm than good long term.

[/quote]

[/quote]

His form over 20 games obviously said enough.

[/quote]

Then why not terminate it after 18 games at the end of last season?

[/quote]

In terms of the players losing heart etc last Saturday, it reminded me of the Burnley defeat at home when Worthy departed. Its the signal for the manager to go.......

[quote user="Norwich R Us"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"]

As you rightly say, who in their right mind would want to work for this bunch of amateurs.

[/quote]

Ricardo, I often agree with your posts, but not on this occasion. The fact is that Gunn - rightly or wrongly - was appointed before the three new directors arrived on the scene.

Given that, which is the more amateurish? For the new board members to sit on their hands and keep Gunn in a job for which they don''t think he is qualified, or to force the issue and get rid of him? It has to be the former.

For all that the timing looks odd, and embarrassing, the really important question is whether sacking Gunn now was the right decision.

[/quote]

Did people miss this post? It''s absolutely spot on. It also once again highlights how utterly clueless our ''previous'' board were, massive shame we still have a couple of them....
[/quote]

It also highlights how utterly clueless 99% of our supporters are.

The big MCNALLY is our saviour business we are getting now is hilarious.

Doncaster and Munby were never the problem with our club, the real people to blame are still here.

Nevermind though, fools like you will still have MCNALLY to blame when our wonderful new manager gets things wrong won''t you?

We can then go out and get a new Chief Exec and repeat cycle until fade??? [:$]

do you think that this makes our club a laughing stock,one minute gunny is getting the board''s backing and then three days later they are sacking him

...er, they formally announced his appointment as manager (not caretaker-manager) the day before your meeting.

A tactic/decision obviously intended to defuse/detract from the inevitable anger at the intended meeting and one which has back-fired.

If you hadn''t had the meeting organised, perhaps they would have waited for a new CEO and board members to be appointed before making the (hurried) decision.

[quote user="Metatron"]...er, they formally announced his appointment as manager (not caretaker-manager) the day before your meeting. A tactic/decision obviously intended to defuse/detract from the inevitable anger at the intended meeting and one which has back-fired. If you hadn''t had the meeting organised, perhaps they would have waited for a new CEO and board members to be appointed before making the (hurried) decision.[/quote]

and that is the fans fault or the Stowmarket Two''s?

The fans have no right to be angry at this pair leading the club to it''s lowest ebb in 50 years, despite bigger crowds than most, making a profit in nearly every transfer window and wasting parachute payments from the Premiership I suppose??? [:$]

Where did I say the fans had no right to be angry?

I''m just pointing out - in a slightly tongue-in-cheek fashion - that the NCISA meeting probably forced the issue and we''re paying the price now - would McNally have sanctioned Gunn''s appointment when he arrived a few weeks later?

I doubt it.

[quote user="Metatron"]Where did I say the fans had no right to be angry? I''m just pointing out - in a slightly tongue-in-cheek fashion - that the NCISA meeting probably forced the issue and we''re paying the price now - would McNally have sanctioned Gunn''s appointment when he arrived a few weeks later? I doubt it.[/quote]

Well we are all waiting now to see what clown McNally does sanction as our next Manager.

Can''t say that I am overly excited as to who Gunny''s replacement might be, can you?

When McNally finally shows that he is just another pawn in Delia''s little game later this year, are you going to blame the new manager, McNally or the fools that employed both of them??? [:^)]

I find it rather sad (but not surprising) that you have dubbed McNally a ''clown'' without giving him a chance to make his mark.

Sure, we don''t know who the next appointment will be yet...why not wait and see before leaping to the conclusion that he''s a ''pawn'', a ''fool'' etc?

To me, he''s already signaled a much improved focus on the footballing side of things and it''s tricky to turn around a Club in as big a mess as we are quickly. However, if it was him who recognised that Gunn wasn''t up to the job of getting us back up to the Championship in one go then hats off.

I''m prepared to give him a bit of time before judging him.

I''m sorry if that doesn''t fit your ''agenda'' of wanting us to fail and go into administration..

Gunn was always the wrong appointment so deciding to remove him is ALWAYS the right move.  The timing is wrong but it does make me wonder whether something has happened to force the announcement at the eve of an away game when the manager is there too.  We are unlikely to know why this afternoon was chosen but it stinks of an unexpected development.

So much depends on who is appointed - this is only a good decision if a new totally management team is appointed,  and one that has some managerial record even if its as thin as robins.  Simply going with Butters and crook (this dynamic due idd Theo, Carney and Nelson and coach our defence remember) would prove the doomsayers on this post right.

I think Curbishly has had his day,  but Tilson, Robins, Boothroyd are decent options and it will take an appointment of that calibre to truly inject some excitement and optimism into this fan.  

I repeat, sacking Gunn is an excellent step, showing something has changed. Whether its enough will be come clearer over the next few days.  For some reason (no knoweldge) I think we will know our next manager before the wycombe game. 

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Metatron"]Where did I say the fans had no right to be angry? I''m just pointing out - in a slightly tongue-in-cheek fashion - that the NCISA meeting probably forced the issue and we''re paying the price now - would McNally have sanctioned Gunn''s appointment when he arrived a few weeks later? I doubt it.[/quote]

Well we are all waiting now to see what clown McNally does sanction as our next Manager.

Can''t say that I am overly excited as to who Gunny''s replacement might be, can you?

When McNally finally shows that he is just another pawn in Delia''s little game later this year, are you going to blame the new manager, McNally or the fools that employed both of them??? [:^)]

[/quote]

Re: Supporters groups meet the Board next week

02/08/2009, 1:44 AM

Smudger is not online. Last active: 14/08/2009 17:12:51 Smudger 

Top 25 Posts 
Joined on 02/10/2006 
Posts 5,792

Smudger Wrote:

As The Butler and Myself have suggested many times, those running our club need to be set some kind of targets throughout the season to match.

If come the end of September/start of October things are going as most fans are now expecting them to go and we are sat up there in the top 6 then I am sure the team will continue to receive most fans backing and what is going on within the boardroom will take much more of a back seat.  Anything short or that however and questions will obviously start be raised.

First and foremost, we as a group of fans need to decide what is an acceptable performance for this coming season.  For example, some say that just getting in to the play-offs without promotion would be acceptable, I would say that it is not and anything less than promotion at the first attempt without significant fresh investment being found will mean yet another year of our club moving in the wrong direction.

You may be hacked off with McNally for some reason, Smudger, but he is way ahead of you in the performance targets game. And I would suggest that McNally is putting events in the boardroom very much on the front foot - or to borrow your metaphor, McNally seems to be in the driving seat.

Doesn''t sound like one of Delia''s pawns (or prawns) to me.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

Something has definatley happened between Tuesday night night and today to prompt this. It is not a knee jerk reaction in my opinion, something is afoot.

I suppose time will tell

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

Something has definatley happened between Tuesday night night and today to prompt this. It is not a knee jerk reaction in my opinion, something is afoot.

I suppose time will tell

[/quote]

You may well be right because on its own it just looks like another case of pass the parcel.

I have seen too many bad decisions to invest much confidence that McNally has suddenly pulled off a stroke of genius.

I''m with Smudger on this one. Expecting the Stowmarket two to get things right after all this time smacks of the triumph of hope over experience.

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

I suppose time will tell

[/quote]Lets hope so!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

I suppose time will tell

[/quote]

You may well be right because on its own it just looks like another case of pass the parcel.

I have seen too many bad decisions to invest much confidence that McNally has suddenly pulled off a stroke of genius.

I''m with Smudger on this one. Expecting the Stowmarket two to get things right after all this time smacks of the triumph of hope over experience.

[/quote]

Mcnally hasn''t pulled off a stroke of genius, he''s just done his job which was to sack the under-performing manager and bring in a replacement.

Wht would Ricardo do if he was on the board? Sit on his hands and do nothing?

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

I suppose time will tell

[/quote]

You''re right Tim-nice-but-dim. It''s either a knee-jerk reaction or something is afoot. But thumbs up to Mcnally for using his head. Now all he has to do is keep his shoulder to the wheel and nose to the grindstone, else Smudger will be calling him a pr#ck.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

I suppose time will tell

[/quote]

[/quote]

Adverse and negative publicity generated from the incidents from the game last week, would have certainly served as a catalyst to initiate immediate decisions to be made.....

It has tarnished the aesthetic portrayal of a happy-clappy well run Family Club by the Major-Shareholders....

It''s going to get very, very, interesting......and I''m loving every second of it....[:D]

[quote user="Rock the Boat"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Re: Supporters groups meet the Board next week

02/08/2009, 1:44 AM

Smudger is not online. Last active: 14/08/2009 17:12:51 Smudger 

Top 25 Posts 
Joined on 02/10/2006 
Posts 5,792

Smudger Wrote:

As The Butler and Myself have suggested many times, those running our club need to be set some kind of targets throughout the season to match.

If come the end of September/start of October things are going as most fans are now expecting them to go and we are sat up there in the top 6 then I am sure the team will continue to receive most fans backing and what is going on within the boardroom will take much more of a back seat.  Anything short or that however and questions will obviously start be raised.

First and foremost, we as a group of fans need to decide what is an acceptable performance for this coming season.  For example, some say that just getting in to the play-offs without promotion would be acceptable, I would say that it is not and anything less than promotion at the first attempt without significant fresh investment being found will mean yet another year of our club moving in the wrong direction.

You may be hacked off with McNally for some reason, Smudger, but he is way ahead of you in the performance targets game. And I would suggest that McNally is putting events in the boardroom very much on the front foot - or to borrow your metaphor, McNally seems to be in the driving seat.

Doesn''t sound like one of Delia''s pawns (or prawns) to me.

[/quote]

But you have to remember, "Smudger" will not be happy with ANYONE !!!!!!!!!

So let him ramble on, and just laugh at him, like i do.

[quote user="ricardo"]

Expecting the Stowmarket two to get things right after all this time smacks of the triumph of hope over experience.

[/quote]

Gunn has always been wrong and they could only ever put that right by sacking him.

The board had two options - one was to sit on their hands and perpetuate the problem but the alternative, sacking Gunn, is now also wrong?  They could only ever put it right by taking that first step.

I have no real confidence that a good manager will be appointed,  but will rejoice that Gunn has been deposed as he proved to be completely incompetent as a manager

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="ricardo"]

Expecting the Stowmarket two to get things right after all this time smacks of the triumph of hope over experience.

[/quote]

Gunn has always been wrong and they could only ever put that right by sacking him.

The board had two options - one was to sit on their hands and perpetuate the problem but the alternative, sacking Gunn, is now also wrong?  They could only ever put it right by taking that first step.

I have no real confidence that a good manager will be appointed,  but will rejoice that Gunn has been deposed as he proved to be completely incompetent as a manager

[/quote]

What is the link through all of the recent past, Delia.

Perhaps we will have another record after the number of draws in a season, and that is the number of managersin the shortest possible time

[quote user=" Baldrick"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes and I criticised the appointment of Gunn both in Jan and in June.  However we have a good decision in the immediate present.

Whether they have the balls to convert into a truly step change piece of decisioning is yet to be seen, that is the true test of mettle of the new board members in influencing Delia and Michael.  Isnt that what the brought McNally in for,  better footballing advice?  If they listen, and as fans why wouldnt they, and as holders or worthless shares why wouldnt they? , and we end up with a Coppell Strachan,  Sanchez(McNally link at Fulham?) Robins, Gannon Boothroyd or Tilson then we can finally ignite the tiniest glimmer of hope.  We all know its an enormous if.  But we will not replace the board and owners before the next manager is in place so all we can do is sit watch and wait. 

But using that time by critising them for taking the right step at last seems perverse.

None of that is possible without the first step of disposing of the existing manager.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user=" Baldrick"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes and I criticised the appointment of Gunn both in Jan and in June.  However we have a good decision in the immediate present.

Whether they have the balls to convert into a truly step change piece of decisioning is yet to be seen, that is the true test of mettle of the new board members in influencing Delia and Michael.  Isnt that what the brought McNally in for,  better footballing advice?  If they listen, and as fans why wouldnt they, and as holders or worthless shares why wouldnt they? , and we end up with a Coppell Strachan,  Sanchez(McNally link at Fulham?) Robins, Gannon Boothroyd or Tilson then we can finally ignite the tiniest glimmer of hope.  We all know its an enormous if.  But we will not replace the board and owners before the next manager is in place so all we can do is sit watch and wait. 

But using that time by critising them for taking the right step at last seems perverse.

None of that is possible without the first step of disposing of the existing manager.

[/quote]

I cannot disagree with any thing that you have said. The BUT is will THEY (Delia) listen?. 

Have to say well done to Mcnally for having the vision to see that Gunn was never a manager for NCFC.

I feel that this time we will have the balls to appoint a decent manager due to the fact we have had no pantomine performance from the board about the sacking and the new manager fiasco team with Doncaster and Stringer!!

Is the board not happy with Gunn or is it outside influence of the bank worried that we need to get into the championship at the first attempt.

[quote user="Metatron"]...er, they formally announced his appointment as manager (not caretaker-manager) the day before your meeting. A tactic/decision obviously intended to defuse/detract from the inevitable anger at the intended meeting and one which has back-fired. If you hadn''t had the meeting organised, perhaps they would have waited for a new CEO and board members to be appointed before making the (hurried) decision.[/quote]

Oh i get it now.NCISA is to blame for Gunn being appointed because the timing of the meeting at St Andrews was wrong.

Very flattering i suppose that you think Doncaster and Munby quit and Gunn was given the job fulltime because the Stowmarket two panicked about an impending meeting organised by NCISA.

This is where I struggle with the decision. Assuming it is true that McNally is the driving force behind the sacking ite really does bring into question his judgement after all he must have sanctioned Gunn spending £400K on Grant Holt, giving our parlous financial state you would have thought he would have been more cautious if he really thought BG was a rubbish manager, surely he would not have allowed such a big wedge of our transfer money to be spent?... I do not care what anybody says, Friday afternoon is a strange time to sack a manager, it suggests to me some sort of bust up.....