Dom

So the next team should be what.....?

My thoughts for Yeovil

Alnwick

Spillane    Askou       Doc (no option)    Lappin

Whalley               Adeyemi         Hoolahan        

McDonald

Holt             Maric   

Think Theo will be given the cup to get the Coltastrophe out of his system.

Theoklitos

Otsemobor   Doc  Askou     Drury

Spillane

Adeyemi        Gill

Hoolahan

McDonald         Holt

Stick with the defence apart from Nelson, sub in Askou for more speed and because we''ll be a real threat at set pieces.

Spillane to play as almost another centreback and to provide some strength to the midfield

Adeyemi deserves to show he can do better than the shambles yesterday. Hoolahan free role

McDonalds pace caused problems for Reading last season, so it will cause problems for Yeovil.

Any of other 2 keepers

semmy spillane Askou Drury

Tudor Hughes

Whaley Wes Cody

holt

Doc was crap, semmy can play well when he runs!!!! Cody played well, and this is formation we beat wigan with!

How about...

Alnwick

Spillane   Stefanovic   Askou   Wiggins

Adeyemi       Hughes     OTJ

Hoolahan

Maric            Cody

or

Alnwick

Spillane   Stefanovic   Askou   Wiggins

Whaley   Hughes    Adeyemi  Hoolahan

Maric       Cody

For the next League match

Theo

Semmy Doc Askou Drury

Whaley OTJ Wes Adeyemi Lappin

Holt

Alnwick, Maric, Spillane, McDonald, McVeigh, Russell, Hughes

[quote user="Mason 47"]

Think Theo will be given the cup to get the Coltastrophe out of his system.

Theoklitos

Otsemobor   Doc  Askou     Drury

Spillane

Adeyemi        Gill

Hoolahan

McDonald         Holt

Stick with the defence apart from Nelson, sub in Askou for more speed and because we''ll be a real threat at set pieces.

Spillane to play as almost another centreback and to provide some strength to the midfield

Adeyemi deserves to show he can do better than the shambles yesterday. Hoolahan free role

McDonalds pace caused problems for Reading last season, so it will cause problems for Yeovil.

[/quote]gotta say im quite liking that !Only thing id do is replace Doc with Stef, although im aware that Stef is on his way out :(

How anyone can consider keeping Otsemobor in the team is beyond me.When he is good he can be very good - but not enough to influence a game. But his mistakes all too often lead to goals.Yesterday''s unbelievable clanger was a prime example. Up to that point things had looked promising, but that awful ...... whatever it was he was trying to do, that destroyed all the fragile confidence that had been built up in the last few weeks. OK, a decent goalie would have salvaged the situation, but putting any keeper under that sort of pressure is potentially suicidal.He''s too much of a liability & cannot play again. Other players have problems, but his total unpredictability puts him in a different class. He is the Gary Sprake of defending.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

Theo

Semmy Doc Askou Drury

Holt

[/quote]

Apart from the ''keeper that looks like quite a good team (although I haven''t seen Askou play yet).

It''s got shape and balance, just needs Alnwick in goal instead.

Alnwick

Spillane   Otsemobor      Drury        Gill

Whalley     Adeyemi    McVeigh

Cody

Maric      Cureton

--------------------------------------------

Yeovil Town 0 - Norwich 3

Hat-trick of Maric

[quote user="sven_goran"]

Alnwick

Cody

Maric      Cureton

Hat-trick of Maric

[/quote] Is this a piss take?[:$]

[quote user="Legend Iwan"][quote user="sven_goran"]

Alnwick

Cody

Maric      Cureton

Hat-trick of Maric

[/quote] Is this a piss take?[:$][/quote]

What do you mean?

[:@]

You''d play our right and left back in the centre of defence and a centre midfielder at left back?

As well as why have Cody as an AM?

Theo (last chance)

Spillane            Askou           Doc                   Drury

Whalley        OTJ                Adeyemi         Hoolahan        

Holt             Martin

Where''s Hughes at?

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

You''d play our right and left back in the centre of defence and a centre midfielder at left back?

As well as why have Cody as an AM?

[/quote]

I just see this way the team after the loss. The team needs a change.

I think Cody is most useful behind strikers.

Piss is very unkindly.

[quote user="ron obvious"]

How anyone can consider keeping Otsemobor in the team is beyond me.

When he is good he can be very good - but not enough to influence a game. But his mistakes all too often lead to goals.
Yesterday''s unbelievable clanger was a prime example. Up to that point things had looked promising, but that awful ...... whatever it was he was trying to do, that destroyed all the fragile confidence that had been built up in the last few weeks. OK, a decent goalie would have salvaged the situation, but putting any keeper under that sort of pressure is potentially suicidal.

He''s too much of a liability & cannot play again. Other players have problems, but his total unpredictability puts him in a different class. He is the Gary Sprake of defending.

[/quote]

Completely agree with this. Semmy should never play for Norwich again and how any "manager" could have let him back in the team after his shambolic performances last season is beyond belief. He is rubbish. Pay him off and get rid of him.

Docherty is a different case. Last year he was mostly OK but yesterday he was clearly off the pace and is NOT, repeat NOT a captain. He doesn''t shout, doesn''t organise and isn''t respected enough as a player to be a captain. Everyone in football knows that if you get a run on him he lacks the pace to catch up, so all Colchester did was play Lisbie through the channels - mainly because our midfield went awol and let them do it.

Last year, teams beat us by isolating Clingan and Russell and playing on our weak full backs. Colchester did the same thing to create the space for the dangerous balls - they did it very well and our midfield had no idea what the hell was going on. Equally, Docherty as captain did nothing about it. Add in a goalkeeper whose head is still somewhere between Heathrow and Melbourne and a clueless manager/coaching staff and the result was almost inevitable.

Gill and OTJ were both dreadful at defending - no tackling, no closing down or denying space. Both looked decent on the ball they just didn''t get near it often enough. At least when Adeyemi came on and Whalley went inside we closed down their supply line a little. Hoolahan was also dreadful yesterday.

The best player on the pitch was Clive Platt who destroyed both our centre backs. Kevin Lisbie was a close second. Their giant no 4 at the back was a close third.

To change the team personnel too much is not necessary but we need to change the attitude and the tactics. I would rest Theo simply because he clearly isn''t ready yet but I am prepared to wait for him to show us he is a decent keeper. Spillane for Semmy is an absolute must. I would give Nelson and Doc another chance to start talking to each other and not play so square on. Drury just needs to be committed - the 7th goal was his fault.

I would give Adeyemi a start in midfield with Gill and OTJ, with OTJ and Gill holding the shape and closing while Adeyemi has licence to get forward. We need a clean sheet on Tuesday so I would drop Hoolahan and put Lappin on the left. I would also start with Holt and Mcdonald.

If we are holding them at 0-0 for 60 minutes I would then introduce Whalley on the right and perhaps swap Cody for Maric if it isn''t working up front.

The crucial things for Tuesday are a clean sheet and a gutsy performance.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

Theo

Semmy Doc Askou Drury

Holt

[/quote]

Apart from the ''keeper that looks like quite a good team (although I haven''t seen Askou play yet).

It''s got shape and balance, just needs Alnwick in goal instead.

[/quote]

otj cant play can he?isnt he in the wales squad???

Yeah, OTJ cant play as he is on international duty,

Alnwick

Otsemobor Askou Spillane Drury

Mcveigh Hughes Adeyemi Lappin

Mcdonald Maric

Subs: Rudd, Dumic, Stephens, Hoolahan, Russell, Cureton, Holt

Alnwick

Spillane    Askou    Stefanovic   Drury

Whaley    Hughes  Russell    Hoolahan

Maric     McDonald

Theo Holt Martin Doc Gill Lappin Mcveigh

[quote user="ron obvious"]

How anyone can consider keeping Otsemobor in the team is beyond me.

When he is good he can be very good - but not enough to influence a game. But his mistakes all too often lead to goals.
Yesterday''s unbelievable clanger was a prime example. Up to that point things had looked promising, but that awful ...... whatever it was he was trying to do, that destroyed all the fragile confidence that had been built up in the last few weeks. OK, a decent goalie would have salvaged the situation, but putting any keeper under that sort of pressure is potentially suicidal.

He''s too much of a liability & cannot play again. Other players have problems, but his total unpredictability puts him in a different class. He is the Gary Sprake of defending.

[/quote]

Agreed and would add Nelson to that too

I think the team will be...GK: AlnwickRB: SpillaneCB: DohertyCB: AskouLB: DruryRM: WhaleyCM: AdeyemiCM: HughesLM: HoolahanCF: HoltCF: McDonaldSubs: Theoklitos, Nelson, Gill, Smith, McVeigh, Martin, MaricDon''t think there''ll be more than six changes. As embarrassing as it was I can''t see the entire team, or close to it, being dropped. No way Stefanovic or Russell will play any sort of part and Tudur Jones is with Wales (he can stay there if he wants). Adeyemi and McDonald deserve a full match and Hoolahan and Holt just about justify another game. The others stay in more down to lack of choice more than anything but it''s a chance to redeem themselves if nothing else.