Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

BLAME YOURSELVES YOU FORELOCK TUGGING MUPPETTS!!!

Absolutely right.  We''ve all had crap directors, managers, players sometimes all in the same season (s).

You either stick with your club (while moaning if you wish) or you **** off and find another that better fulfills your requirement.  I love mine. I''ve bought the 125th anniversary shirt of Lincoln City  (the fourth to pay up, apparently[:D]

Look, if the worst comes to the worst we will welcome you to Cuckoo Farm (and I''ll try to help with the free bus arrangements or where to park or the pubs) and if, as Wiz predicts, you then slide into League Two I can help with Sincil Bank as well and the pubs. [:D]

As long as your great club keeps going "you''ll never walk alone."

Note to OP: There is only t in muppets. I blame the educational system, myself.

Yours sincerely,

A Forelock Tugging Muppet.

I understand your point Rude old, but from another point of view I still consider the Norwich fans fantastic. An average attendance at Carrow Rd of 24000 with the team fighting to avoid relegation in second division is by far more than Wolves that are fighting to reach promotion and than the majority f Serie A teams, included the giant Juventus.

Camuldonum wrote....

"Absolutely right.  We''ve all had crap directors, managers, players sometimes all in the same season (s).

You either stick with your club (while moaning if you wish) or you **** off and find another that better fulfills your requirement.  I love mine. I''ve bought the 125th anniversary shirt of Lincoln City  (the fourth to pay up, apparentlyBig Smile [:D]

Look, if the worst comes to the worst we will welcome you to Cuckoo Farm (and I''ll try to help with the free bus arrangements or where to park or the pubs) and if, as Wiz predicts, you then slide into League Two I can help with Sincil Bank as well and the pubs. Big Smile [:D]

Yours sincerely,

A Forelock Tugging Muppet."

Thats why I been watching city for 50 odd years, the love for the club, good or bad. some people just dont get it . Some think they know how and why its gone wrong, Lets see there money and then say it, and dont give me this crap about you pay every week to see it, theres someone whos paying a lot more than you.

@ Dion''s lightsaber (stupid quote things arent working)If you love your club, why are you standing idly by while it is ruined from within?You claim to love the club and then say it''s not about the board. Well guess what, the board are the ones killing the club. The board are supposed to bring in the money to keep this club on the straight and narrow and with the hope that things will be good next season. Are they?And what on earth have we played for the last 4 seasons....it certainly hasnt been football I assure you.

If i thought for one moment the board here were not trying to find ways of funding the club [ new investments ect ] i would also give up as many seem to have done .

They have in my opinion always had this club top of there priorities  , and before you ask i do not know them at all personaly although i met  Delia while the guest of match sponsors several seasons past   .

This club is in a mess its very clear for all to see , while relegation is still avoidable its becoming with every result the more likely outcome and as i have said before the choice of Gunny was at first a strange option to take for me its now become clearer .

The youth set- up  may at last be starting to produce the talent this club will have to rely on as financially we will not be battling for expensive signings under the current climate for many seasons to come , so these youngsters need  the old city ideals bread into them as early as can be achieved  hense Crooky , Butterwoth  and of course Gunny himself they know collectively what is required by such loyal supporters and although none were brought through the youth system themselves they will have seen how home grown players are given every chance by the fans to make it here and the will to see them succeed is always evident .

The loan players brought in by various managers  have at times all been slated at one time or another but do fans really think its there fault for our decline some have not performed some played well in spells some in particular scored very important goals but my only long term worry was at what cost to the club only the next financial figures will tell us probably .

ps   while there is still enough points to play for all is not lost it is just starting to feel like it i know . 

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Absolutely right.  We''ve all had crap directors, managers, players sometimes all in the same season (s).

You either stick with your club (while moaning if you wish) or you **** off and find another that better fulfills your requirement.  I love mine. I''ve bought the 125th anniversary shirt of Lincoln City  (the fourth to pay up, apparently[:D]

Look, if the worst comes to the worst we will welcome you to Cuckoo Farm (and I''ll try to help with the free bus arrangements or where to park or the pubs) and if, as Wiz predicts, you then slide into League Two I can help with Sincil Bank as well and the pubs. [:D]

Yours sincerely,

[/quote]

This thread has brought up some interesting and totally false assumptions, the main one being that the possession of a season ticket is what defines you as a true fan and the only alternative is to **** off and support someone else. 

A season ticket is not a badge of loyalty it''s a financial transation.  For the fans it''s a "buy three get one free" kind of deal which is more convenient than buying tickets game by game.  For the club it guarantees income regardless of the quality of the product.

I''m yellow and green through and through and couldn''t change it even if I wanted to, but for the first 28 years of my supporting life I didn''t have a season ticket and never really considered getting one.  Did that make me any less of a fan?  

Am I any less of a fan now because I refuse to subsidise the current regime in their pursuit of underachievement?  I don''t demand success, all I ask is that the club puts 100% effort into being competitive because that''s what football is all about.  That hasn''t been happening for some time now and I can''t detect any desire to make it happen.  

Have I stopped going because I don''t want to go?  NO!!  I''ve stopped going because I can tell the difference between supporting the club and supporting the board and I''m not brainwashed by the "loyalty" marketing speak.  What they mean by loyalty is the same thing as Sainsbury''s mean when they call me a loyal customer because that''s where I do my weekly shop. 

I have no confidence in the current board and will not return to Carrow Road until they depart.  When that day comes I''ll be back regardless of which division we''re in by then.

I hope that''s clear.

[quote user="Dion s Lightsaber"]

One way or another this club will still be here when I am long gone.  Until then, I will take my son and he will take his.  If I have to watch in League One I will do so.

I don''t go to support the marketing dept or the Chief Executive and if I were to stop going it wouldn''t be because some sancitmonious keyboard preacher tells me not to.

I go because I love my club.  I love football.

I have no faith in the board and nor do I support them but I will always support NCFC.  So many people on this board miss the point.  Its not about the board and its not about oneupmanship.  It is about supporting the club that we have loved since before we can remember.  Its about the good times and the bad times that make the good times so good.

Fuck off and support Man Utd if you don''t understand that.

[/quote]well said and bluntly out [Y]

[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="Camuldonum"]

Yours sincerely,

[/quote]

This thread has brought up some interesting and totally false assumptions, the main one being that the possession of a season ticket is what defines you as a true fan and the only alternative is to **** off and support someone else. 

A season ticket is not a badge of loyalty it''s a financial transation.  For the fans it''s a "buy three get one free" kind of deal which is more convenient than buying tickets game by game.  For the club it guarantees income regardless of the quality of the product.

I''m yellow and green through and through and couldn''t change it even if I wanted to, but for the first 28 years of my supporting life I didn''t have a season ticket and never really considered getting one.  Did that make me any less of a fan?  

Am I any less of a fan now because I refuse to subsidise the current regime in their pursuit of underachievement?  I don''t demand success, all I ask is that the club puts 100% effort into being competitive because that''s what football is all about.  That hasn''t been happening for some time now and I can''t detect any desire to make it happen.  

Have I stopped going because I don''t want to go?  NO!!  I''ve stopped going because I can tell the difference between supporting the club and supporting the board and I''m not brainwashed by the "loyalty" marketing speak.  What they mean by loyalty is the same thing as Sainsbury''s mean when they call me a loyal customer because that''s where I do my weekly shop. 

I have no confidence in the current board and will not return to Carrow Road until they depart.  When that day comes I''ll be back regardless of which division we''re in by then.

I hope that''s clear.

[/quote]

Excellent post which echoes my feelings exactly PP, after 36 years of continuous support I will become a casual fan next season unless the pathetically inept bunch of clowns who claim to be our board have gone. As soon as I hear the news of their departure I will be down the ticket office like a shot to renew my ticket.

The really sad thing for me about our current position is the misguided opinion of some on here that we can do something about the board.

We can''t, so get over yourselves. We are stuck with them until they decide otherrwise which will be until some othe idiot with loads of cash to throw away appears.

At the end of the day we don''t go to Carrow Road to support the board. We go to support the team, whichever league they are in and whoever is wearing the yellow shirt.

The current board have run their course and will do nothing more than keep us afloat (and I guess that is something in the current position) We must all hope that new money appears in time for the start of next season.

Will I be there next year?

Of course I will home and away because Saturday to me is all about supporting the 11 players in yellow and green (As well as having a few pints with mates)

[quote user="jbghost"]

The really sad thing for me about our current position is the misguided opinion of some on here that we can do something about the board.

We can''t, so get over yourselves. We are stuck with them until they decide otherrwise which will be until some othe idiot with loads of cash to throw away appears.

At the end of the day we don''t go to Carrow Road to support the board. We go to support the team, whichever league they are in and whoever is wearing the yellow shirt.

The current board have run their course and will do nothing more than keep us afloat (and I guess that is something in the current position) We must all hope that new money appears in time for the start of next season.

Of course I will home and away because Saturday to me is all about supporting the 11 players in yellow and green (As well as having a few pints with mates)

[/quote]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote][/quote]indeed - as i suggested in the autumn - the board would tough it out until a new buyer can be found...but events have moved quickly since then,,,while the bottom of the credit crunch is still to be found...on current form - we are relegation certainties...and in the current economic crisis - the sale price can''t be low enough...so imo - - - if we go down,,,admin will follow...unless the board are prepared to make up the shortfall - of maybe £5m...but only they know the true cost of relegation,,,and will they have the ambition/capital to go back up again???its a sad ole situaaashun for sure,,,[:(]imo - if we are still no-hopers in 2 weeks times,,,then we should go into admin then...so that the points deduction will apply to this season,,,

I honestly can''t see us going into administration as the board have too much to lose if we do. I could see a position where if no investor turns up and the Smiths really do want to make a tactical retreat we could see some serious assett stripping of the club.

Relegation will likely see the sale of any player with value.

Marshall

Clingan

Hoolahan

Doc

Income from these would be used to pay back the loans to the Smiths.

Follow this with selling off the catering side of Carrow Road to the Smiths on the cheap and you could find the Smiths in a position where they have more or less got back their investment. Once we are in that position ther would be nothing to stop them calling in the administrators to fight over the few crumbs that are left.

[quote user="jbghost"]

I honestly can''t see us going into administration as the board have too much to lose if we do. I could see a position where if no investor turns up and the Smiths really do want to make a tactical retreat we could see some serious assett stripping of the club.

Marshall

Clingan

Hoolahan

Doc

Follow this with selling off the catering side of Carrow Road to the Smiths on the cheap and you could find the Smiths in a position where they have more or less got back their investment. Once we are in that position ther would be nothing to stop them calling in the administrators to fight over the few crumbs that are left.

[/quote]there''s no bright side to any of this however hard you look for sure,,,

"there''s no bright side to any of this however hard you look for sure,,,"

Yes there is.

We get to go to Crewe again and relive one of the best ever end of season parties and Yeovil away is a good weekend away.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]No WAY, I like you don''t give up hope but after 56 years of supporting this club my hope is wearing thin. Hope when they appoint a manager we are sure will be a failure. Hope when a player is signed where we have to go on Wikipedia to find out who he is. Hope when they sign players in the most crucial January for years and we either get a poor quality wally or we can''t pass an opinion because Gunn won''t play them. Hope that one day this club''s decisions will not be by committee. Hope that one day we won''t have a patsy as a Chief Executive.[/quote]

My hope went a while back, so I know where you are coming from, with a mere 40 years of support under my belt.

[/quote]

Yes  am thinking of asking for the government to get Norwich city to  put a a health warning notice on all tickets, 

I''m not renewing my season ticket of fifteen years because this is the first season I have gone to games and found myself moaning.

I always said to myself if I started doing that it would be time to stop going, and I''m not going to give my money to a board who won''t spend it wisely. I may as well give it to a drunken tramp who promises me he won''t spend it on booze, for all the good it''ll do.

I am no less of a fan, and I may still go to the odd game, but the only way the people that run this club will understand what this means to us is if we don''t give them our cash. By continuing to buy season tickets, we are implicit in the approval of their actions.

And as shareholder, I intend to make life as difficult for the board as possible. I suggest other shareholders start considering the same.

There is no knight in shining armour around the corner, but if we don''t force this current set of out of their cosy corner, we''ll end up a laughing stock. Oh, hang on, we are...

[quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

If their position was made untenable either by protests or fans not renewing their season tickets en masse they would have no choice but to practically give the club away and I''m sure there''d be plenty who''d be willing to take over at a knockdown price, so technically there is something we could do. Whether or not these things will happen is another matter although I expect to see things get unpleasant as our relegation gets closer.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

If their position was made untenable either by protests or fans not renewing their season tickets en masse they would have no choice but to practically give the club away and I''m sure there''d be plenty who''d be willing to take over at a knockdown price, so technically there is something we could do. Whether or not these things will happen is another matter although I expect to see things get unpleasant as our relegation gets closer.

[/quote]Just to put an alternate view - if I were a director of a club where I felt the fans had turned on me despite my best intentions, I don''t think the fans welfare would be a high priority to me. Equally, if a club boycott made selling the club as a viable club with potential, I might be forced to consider asset sales to recvover as much of my money as possible. This would include any player that could command a fee and any physical assets that the club might have. If I had a significant proportion of my total wealth tied up in the club, I would be prepared to put up with any amount of abuse to secure a comfortable retirement.The "let''s all stay away and force them out" argument doesn''t really stack up, as it depends upon the goodwill of those whose hand we are trying to force. We assume as fans that they wouldn''t have a fire sale and sell everything but if it meant securing a comfortable retirement, I''m sure the evidence is there for all to see, that people will accept a huge amount of hostility.

Badger, fair point but we''re unlikely to keep our better players this summer anyway, whether we stay up or not, unless someone can convince them they have the money to invest and push forward.

Delia et al, while investing relatively a significant proportion of their wealth in the club have not invested so much that they are skint outside of it.

The important point is how they are forced out. The previous ridiculous name calling, sexist derision and other nonsense has finally started to give way to a more collected sense of ''these people must simply go, for the good of the club'', and if that continues it will be difficult for them to ignore it - and we can only hope that a more pragmatic approach to their exit from the fans (but no less forceful) will bring a more palatable change of ownership than you envisage.

OTBC

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

Just to put an alternate view - if I were a director of a club where I felt the fans had turned on me despite my best intentions, I don''t think the fans welfare would be a high priority to me. Equally, if a club boycott made selling the club as a viable club with potential, I might be forced to consider asset sales to recvover as much of my money as possible. This would include any player that could command a fee and any physical assets that the club might have. If I had a significant proportion of my total wealth tied up in the club, I would be prepared to put up with any amount of abuse to secure a comfortable retirement.

The "let''s all stay away and force them out" argument doesn''t really stack up, as it depends upon the goodwill of those whose hand we are trying to force.

We assume as fans that they wouldn''t have a fire sale and sell everything but if it meant securing a comfortable retirement, I''m sure the evidence is there for all to see, that people will accept a huge amount of hostility.

[/quote]

I don''t thing they''re ruthless enough to do such a thing tbh and as things stand any assets we do have will be sold off to balance the books so it''s a no lose situation imo.

[quote user="Badger"]Just to put an alternate view - if I were a director of a club where I felt the fans had turned on me despite my best intentions, I don''t think the fans welfare would be a high priority to me. Equally, if a club boycott made selling the club as a viable club with potential, I might be forced to consider asset sales to recvover as much of my money as possible. This would include any player that could command a fee and any physical assets that the club might have. If I had a significant proportion of my total wealth tied up in the club, I would be prepared to put up with any amount of abuse to secure a comfortable retirement.The "let''s all stay away and force them out" argument doesn''t really stack up, as it depends upon the goodwill of those whose hand we are trying to force. We assume as fans that they wouldn''t have a fire sale and sell everything but if it meant securing a comfortable retirement, I''m sure the evidence is there for all to see, that people will accept a huge amount of hostility.[/quote]I think you''ll find that much of the behaviour you advocate might be prevented by football league rules and the laws of this Country. Director or not, majority shareholder or not Delia cannot just sell the assets of a PLC to get her own money back. She can of course demand immediate repayment of Directors loans (assuming she is not breaking the conditions of the loans) but to do so might involve plunging the Club into administration, in which instance she will find herself well down the list of creditors.This is a bluff Delia Smith cannot possibly afford to make.If she wants her money out she can recall the loans and or sell her shares, she CANNOT sell all and sundry assets of the club to repay herself. Even any property which might be in her name as security cannot neccesarily be realised as such securities are not likely to be entirely lawful. I state and aver that some of the financial goings on at the club in recent years might not stand scrutiny under legislation despite a Solicitor (ND) being heavily involved. Any assets transferred into Delias name might be re-claimable by the Company and/or administrator, I don''t think Delia is in a particularly strong position in the matter. If the deeds to Colney are in her name this is by default as any money lent the club against which the deeds were used as surety will have long since been converted to shares by DS and MWJ.Leaving Delia with only the option of selling her shareholding on the open market to recoup her outlay in which instance I strongly doubt she will be offered anything near the £30 per share valuation she puts on it.Sorry Badger the laws of this country will prevent Delia, MWJ or anyone else for that matter following the action you outline. Delia is just one creditor of a company with a large number of creditors and must take her place in the queue. The securitisation deal takes priority (after footballing debts) in the event of any enforced distribution of assets, Delia is well down the list and being a Director of a failed company in the case of entering administration due a very large disappointment in the event she enters a claim to the receiver. It is after all her fault as majority shareholder and director that the company failed in the first place, she would not get much sympathy from other creditors or the receiver themselves in the event of liquidation.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Clubs are the fans. They define the nature of the Club. They have a collective aspiration, tolerance and acceptance.

Norwich supporters are loyal;  but they have allowed that loyalty to be spun and manipulated into blind and thoughtless obedience. They have allowed the Club to take the piss out of them!

The supporters of Norwich have denied themselves choice and expression by allowing themselves into being marketed to contempt through season ticket sales. I don''t care if I never hear an idiot phone in caller justifying themselves with ''I''m a season ticket holder'' or ''24 - 25 thousand every week deserve better.'' You don''t deserve better and you deserve bugger all just for driving a few hours and spending your day watching Norwich City at another ground.

You are having the long drawn out atritional death I warned you about years ago when it was time to wake the Club up by exercising your choice and telling Doncaster and Co to shove their marketing where the sun doesn''t shine. If you believe you have exercised your will by buying the ticket and turning up like a sheep then do not complain about where you find yourself now. For me, all you have done is given life blood to a regime to the detriment of fellow supporters.

You just love the platitudes about how loyal you are; you just love singing ''have you ever seen a crowd'' to visiting fans before they take three points off us and you honestly think that you deserve something for your concession loaded collective attendance.

Nothing shouts louder than a bank of empty seats. I have said this many times before. It is the short and sharp message that the people who run our Club truly understand. Other Clubs have done just this and do not get taken for granted. We sell out, overpay our players and fall into complacency.

If Norwich are playing well and winning with passion in League One next season I will go and watch them. If they don''t inspire me to go I will not even consider bothering trying to buy a ticket. If there are 10000 seats up for grabs each game there is a genuine reason for players and management to actually try.

I blame Roeder primarily, I know who others blame, but don''t pass the buck. Be honest and blame yourselves too if you have thoughtlessly fed the management consultant groomed media machine into thinking they could do what they liked without repercussions.

If we lose the next two games I would love to hear Carrow Road is empty for the third. The players who have failed deserve to play in an empty stadium, the Directors deserve to look out on one; and why put yourselves through the agony? In particular, why would anyone bother to go to Portman Road? Don''t let anyone mock you, you have been mocked enough.

Blame yourselves!

[/quote]If you had written "we" instead of "you" and " ourselves" intead of " yourselves" then more acceptable.

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]I''m not renewing my season ticket of fifteen years because this is the first season I have gone to games and found myself moaning. I always said to myself if I started doing that it would be time to stop going, and I''m not going to give my money to a board who won''t spend it wisely. I may as well give it to a drunken tramp who promises me he won''t spend it on booze, for all the good it''ll do. I am no less of a fan, and I may still go to the odd game, but the only way the people that run this club will understand what this means to us is if we don''t give them our cash. By continuing to buy season tickets, we are implicit in the approval of their actions. And as shareholder, I intend to make life as difficult for the board as possible. I suggest other shareholders start considering the same. There is no knight in shining armour around the corner, but if we don''t force this current set of out of their cosy corner, we''ll end up a laughing stock. Oh, hang on, we are...[/quote]

What can shareholders possibly do to make their lives difficult?  Smith and Jones are majority shareholders and can''t be ousted out just like that surely?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

What can shareholders possibly do to make their lives difficult?  Smith and Jones are majority shareholders and can''t be ousted out just like that surely?

[/quote]Remember the ebay advert posted by ''Non executive Director''? (The Turners IMO)A share in NCFC is only valued at what somebody will pay for it.Delia seems to think they''re worth £30 per share and has valued the entire club accordingly.Just suppose the shares only reached £12 each on ebay?Kind of revalues the Club a bit doesn''t it?Just suppose that every small shareholder put their shares up for sale simultaneously?Be difficult for Delia to convince the creditors that the shares are worth £30 each when they''re actually changing hands for much less wouldn''t it?Imagine if the creditors had secured their loans against a company with net equity of £16m upon share valuation then subsequently found that the share valuation was much lower and the club was therefore in negative equity.A similar process has occured daily for months as the Banks especially have discovered.The small shareholders can put Delia under immense pressure if they act multilaterally.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Remember the ebay advert posted by ''Non executive Director''? (The Turners IMO)

A share in NCFC is only valued at what somebody will pay for it.

Delia seems to think they''re worth £30 per share and has valued the entire club accordingly.

Just suppose the shares only reached £12 each on ebay?

Kind of revalues the Club a bit doesn''t it?

Just suppose that every small shareholder put their shares up for sale simultaneously?

Be difficult for Delia to convince the creditors that the shares are worth £30 each when they''re actually changing hands for much less wouldn''t it?

Imagine if the creditors had secured their loans against a company with net equity of £16m upon share valuation then subsequently found that the share valuation was much lower and the club was therefore in negative equity.

A similar process has occured daily for months as the Banks especially have discovered.

The small shareholders can put Delia under immense pressure if they act multilaterally.

[/quote]

Yes I remember those shares, but they sonn disappeared didn''t they?  Either proving it was a wind-up, or e-bay deemed it illegal.

My question was basically as small shareholders would they be able to do anything to remove the board?  And if as you say the small shareholders can put DS and MWJ under pressure, just how many shares would it take to oust them out?

I didn''t think that could happen.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]Remember the ebay advert posted by ''Non executive Director''? (The Turners IMO)A share in NCFC is only valued at what somebody will pay for it.Delia seems to think they''re worth £30 per share and has valued the entire club accordingly.Just suppose the shares only reached £12 each on ebay?Kind of revalues the Club a bit doesn''t it?Just suppose that every small shareholder put their shares up for sale simultaneously?Be difficult for Delia to convince the creditors that the shares are worth £30 each when they''re actually changing hands for much less wouldn''t it?Imagine if the creditors had secured their loans against a company with net equity of £16m upon share valuation then subsequently found that the share valuation was much lower and the club was therefore in negative equity.A similar process has occured daily for months as the Banks especially have discovered.The small shareholders can put Delia under immense pressure if they act multilaterally.

[/quote]its easy to imagine on this basis how the club could be a heartbeat away from admin - especially if relegated...and especially if the chief creditor choose to ask for their money back...i wonder how much the chief creditor values their loan at ncfc right now,,,given the horrendous write downs in commercial loans generally...

[quote user="jbghost"]

Marshall

Clingan

Hoolahan

Doc

[/quote]I''ve heard a whisper that delia''s catering side has already been moved so that if administration follows its not part of the club and so not affected 

[quote user="barclay46"][quote user="jbghost"]

Marshall

Clingan

Hoolahan

Doc

[/quote]I''ve heard a whisper that delia''s catering side has already been moved so that if administration follows its not part of the club and so not affected [/quote]

Now why does that not shock me

It wasn''t the fans that gave Fox all the time he wanted yesterday, it wasn''t the fans who didn''t give the handball, it wasn''t the fans that missed from 3 yards without a goal keeper in sight yesterday, it wasn''t the fans who rejected investment in the summer...

Ultimately it''s the players that do the business when it matters, and for the past 2 or 3 years they havn''t done it, so I  know who I''m blaming. And for the record I do also blame the board for not coughing up some dosh for some decent players, and for taking us where we are now financially and in football terms.