Sign in to follow this  
Robert Ketts Yellow Army

Jamie Cureton: £8,000 a week. 24 weeks. One goal. £192,000 for one goal.

[quote user="coops"]Its actually £10''000 a week. Shocking![/quote]

No its not so don''t lie.

[quote user="djc"]

And for further value for money......"Cureton issues warning to Norwich"[;)]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/7899983.stm

Yet another player in the media this week stating the bleedin obvious.......

[/quote]

In defence of the players media organisations do ask the club to make players available.  I certainly agree it can be annoying when things aren''t going well (and we could all write it without the interview) but he will almost certainly have been provided to the BBC at their request.  I blame the media myself.[+o(]

At least your lot don''t charge - most Premier stars won''t do interviews unless they are paid by the publication and, for some strange reason, some quite famous names demand to be paid in cash.  I''ve no idea why.  [;)]

A honourable exception to that, I should add, is David James who asks for a (modest)  fee but then nominates the charity to which it should be sent.

When he retires I expect him to become a full time sports journalist.  He is a good writer.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="djc"]

[/quote]

In defence of the players media organisations do ask the club to make players available.  I certainly agree it can be annoying when things aren''t going well (and we could all write it without the interview) but he will almost certainly have been provided to the BBC at their request.  I blame the media myself.[+o(]

At least your lot don''t charge - most Premier stars won''t do interviews unless they are paid by the publication and, for some strange reason, some quite famous names demand to be paid in cash.  I''ve no idea why.  [;)]

A honourable exception to that, I should add, is David James who asks for a (modest)  fee but then nominates the charity to which it should be sent.

When he retires I expect him to become a full time sports journalist.  He is a good writer.

[/quote]

Retired pros make awful journalists/commentators. Lineker, Redknapp, Atherton, most of the BBC football line-up... rubbish. Wouldn''t know how to ask a difficult question if their life depended on it.

In generations long gone, Frank Swift was an excellent football reporter.  And David James is an excellent writer who has the "it" factor in his writing and will never, ever need a "ghost."  In fact he writes considerably better than some current contributors to Her Majesty''s Grauniad.  A natural, as people sometimes say - and he loves doing it.

Bob Wilson made the transition fairly seamlessly, I would say. 

The current Manager of Reading wrote a  degree essay on why he thought Keynes was wrong on economics and which won him an award that hadn''t been given for five years.

[quote user="Robert Ketts Yellow Army"]

Retired pros make awful journalists/commentators. Lineker, Redknapp, Atherton, most of the BBC football line-up... rubbish. Wouldn''t know how to ask a difficult question if their life depended on it.

[/quote]There''s nowt wrong with Athers. The rest of them are crap though.

[quote user="JJ"][quote user="djc"]

[/quote]

He''s done an awful lot of talking since Glenn Roeder left.  Not much else though.

[/quote]

Cureton''s career at Norwich is basically this:

Cureton: "If I had a target man, I''d score more goals."

Cureton: "If the manager gave me confidence, I''d score more goals."

Cureton: "If I was playing regularly, I''d score more goals."

At some point, when will someone see that the problem is he just isn''t any good?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="JJ"][quote user="djc"]

[/quote]

He''s done an awful lot of talking since Glenn Roeder left.  Not much else though.

[/quote]

Cureton''s career at Norwich is basically this:

Cureton: "If I had a target man, I''d score more goals."

Cureton: "If the manager gave me confidence, I''d score more goals."

Cureton: "If I was playing regularly, I''d score more goals."

At some point, when will someone see that the problem is he just isn''t any good?
[/quote]

Wiz will hex you a good un for that. [:P]

Sports Desks are rarely good on any news story - the first rule of Fleet Street as was is to take it away from them if it looks like being  news pages  rather than football story.

Had that happened at Norwich you might have been better informed about the Cullum affair although I do believe other forces were at work in this.  From On High.[;)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

In generations long gone, Frank Swift was an excellent football reporter.  And David James is an excellent writer who has the "it" factor in his writing and will never, ever need a "ghost."  In fact he writes considerably better than some current contributors to Her Majesty''s Grauniad.  A natural, as people sometimes say - and he loves doing it.

Bob Wilson made the transition fairly seamlessly, I would say. 

The current Manager of Reading wrote a  degree essay on why he thought Keynes was wrong on economics and which won him an award that hadn''t been given for five years.

[/quote]

I see. So some journalists are quite ''bright''..............

OTBC

It would not surprise me if Cureton is on £300k - £400k pa. given that he was a panic buy to replace Earnshaw and was given a three year contract. A three year contract for a player of his age showed how desperate NCFC were. So I doubt we were in any position to argue about wages either!

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

Three derogatory threads about Jamie on the go at the moment.  Looks like he''s Scapegoat of the Week.  We always have to have one don''t we?  Pathetic.

[/quote]

Agree with you on that one.

[quote user=" Baldrick"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

Three derogatory threads about Jamie on the go at the moment.  Looks like he''s Scapegoat of the Week.  We always have to have one don''t we?  Pathetic.

[/quote]

Agree with you on that one.

[/quote]

Read the reports from all the games we have lost or drawn this season. Most will say that we lacked that final killer touch, or failed to penetrate the opponent''s defence. Cureton is our striker. He is paid to score. He hasn''t all season, bar one occasion.

Why are you defending him?

Why can''t you all leave the poor bloke alone, perhaps you should put as much effort into supporting the team as you do slagging them off, thought you were all suppose to be fans, you have strange ways of showing it.

[quote user="adycanary"]Why can''t you all leave the poor bloke alone, perhaps you should put as much effort into supporting the team as you do slagging them off, thought you were all suppose to be fans, you have strange ways of showing it.[/quote]

Okay you have a valid point. Let''s all celebrate Norwich''s remarkable achievements this season.

I''m not saying we have had a good season, but we all have to stick together to try and help the club we love through this, I''m with them all the way why can''t everyone else?

Put the ball boy on...

put any of the subs on...

put Delia on......

you tell me why he is on the pitch.....

[quote user="adycanary"]I''m not saying we have had a good season, but we all have to stick together to try and help the club we love through this, I''m with them all the way why can''t everyone else?[/quote]

I''ve always respected Cureton cause he has the club at heart but then again so have I but theirs no way I should be in the team, same as Cureton!

Curetons has missed way to many now and if we are to stand any glimmer of hope of getting out of the mire then he needs replaced!

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Mange Tout"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

Jamie is not on anything like £8000 a week. He was on around £2000 a week during his Golden Boot season   Jamie told us:   It is not a lot more money, double and a bit but I think the opportunity is better.  It was a going home thing for me so the money really wasn''t that important."  I''d make that around £5k a week.  I''d make that around £5k a week.[/quote]

I said all that that further up the page [:)]

[/quote]

But you guessed, Cam''s "guess" is a little bit more informed.

[/quote]

It''s not a competition.  I am just baffled how anyone thinks Andy Marshall is worth £480,000.  Leave Jamie out of it.  [:|]

To be honest Cam I''d rather have Marshall up front than Cureton.

[/quote]

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

Were you at the game? Have you been to any games featuring JC this season?  6 yards out, middle of the goal, no keeper................. missed..........again!!  I''m sorry but he''s supposed to be the first choice "goal scorer".  In any team 2 goals in a season is not good enough, why should it be good enough for us??  This is one of the reasons we are where we are!  At least Roeder had the sense to ship him out''

We have a left back, on loan, who, in 13 games, HAS SCORED MORE GOALS than our beloved centre forward!!!!!!  Maybe we should just played Grounds up front FFS!!!  When will people like you stop defending him, he does not deserve it.