Sign in to follow this  
Charles

Fickle and Pathetic Fans Knocking Cureton

Can''t quite believe how many anti Cureton posts and threads again tonight. Two weeks ago he was cheered by all and sundry after his goal against Barnsley and because he misses a chance tonight its back to slating him. Yes he misses his fair share of chances but who doesn''t? In case everyone has forgotten we just got a point at the league leaders and are unbeaten in four...time to be a little bit positive for a change perhaps???!!!

Totally agree. I cant belive these so called fans moan and slate a city player!!Get behind your team FFS! We have just drawn against the team at the top and we are now 4 matches unbeaten!!!

He''s not good enough to be a Norwich player though, and it''s not just this season it''s last season as well.  People miss yes, but Cureton misses chances which any other half decent striker in the Championship would easily put away.  He''s a Norwich player, and I support the team, but he is just not good enough!!  I''m not being nasty to him or anything, he is just simply not good enough to play for us.

It''s an internet message board. Some people will rate Jamie Cureton and some people won''t. Some people will excuse his poor goalscoring record on account of the fact he once dyed his hair green and some won''t. Some people just want us to lose every game as it''s the only way this club can truly move forward [:|].I wouldn''t worry about it too much if I were you [:D]

I agree, but as he did not score he should make way for somebody else...... Cody or Killen perhaps !!!!!

Agreed and I for one couldn''t really understand the wave of euphoria that came with his return from Barnsley. Yes he did score, but he just misses too many sadly.

He has been missing sitters for over a year for us now he was only good at col u because he had iwelumo to give him chances but he is a poor striker

[quote user="gcb...norwich"]Can''t quite believe how many anti Cureton posts and threads again tonight. Two weeks ago he was cheered by all and sundry after his goal against Barnsley and because he misses a chance tonight its back to slating him. Yes he misses his fair share of chances but who doesn''t? In case everyone has forgotten we just got a point at the league leaders and are unbeaten in four...time to be a little bit positive for a change perhaps???!!![/quote]So we can''t have an opinion on Cureton why? Because he scored a goal against Barnsley. Because he like Norwich City or because you say so. Dear oh dear we learn nothing do we.

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]Totally agree. I cant belive these so called fans moan and slate a city player!!Get behind your team FFS! We have just drawn against the team at the top and we are now 4 matches unbeaten!!![/quote]unfortunatly that is the way of the fan...I was one who wasn''t keen on Lupoli but was turned around and then turned against him for his silly sulks..Cureton isn''t a bad player and its great when he does do the business... but we all seem to want a Rooney or Kaka in the team....but can''t face the fact we won''t get them with the money....lets hope Cody does the business and we make a mint selling him after keeping him for 5 years and he helps us to the Premiership title and and Euro Finals win over Man U lol!!!

[quote user="gcb...norwich"]Can''t quite believe how many anti Cureton posts and threads again tonight. Two weeks ago he was cheered by all and sundry after his goal against Barnsley and because he misses a chance tonight its back to slating him. Yes he misses his fair share of chances but who doesn''t? In case everyone has forgotten we just got a point at the league leaders and are unbeaten in four...time to be a little bit positive for a change perhaps???!!![/quote]

Yes, I`m happy we got a point.

The problem with JC is that he is employed to score goals, and tonight, he missed two very easy chances, the sort of chance that most strikers would put away. Had he done that, we may have been celebrating a win.

I`ve got nothing against him, personally, but if we employ strikers, they should be capable of scoring the simple ones, I think, don`t you ?

Nice guy - shite finisher.

Lost his pace and can''t see the blooy off-side line!!

Give Cody & Killen half a match each this weekend

I don''t think it''s fickle to judge a player game-by-game. Sure, when Curo plays a blinder he deserves praise, but when he plays a stinker he deserves criticism just like any other player.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]And unfortunately the stinkers are a little too often to ignore....[/quote]Exactly. [Y] Cureton''s a hero of mine but when he plays badly he deserves criticism, just like Roeder deserved it when City lost, just like the board deserve it now we''re skint.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]He''s not good enough to be a Norwich player though, and it''s not just this season it''s last season as well.  People miss yes, but Cureton misses chances which any other half decent striker in the Championship would easily put away.  He''s a Norwich player, and I support the team, but he is just not good enough!!  I''m not being nasty to him or anything, he is just simply not good enough to play for us.
[/quote]

Keogh missed more chances tonight ...get off his back ...now we have some other strikers to support him he will be scoring again for us ( do you watch any football?? They all miss sitters sometimes...even Ronaldo !)

If you weren''t doing your job effectively or properly you would expect to be replaced by someone else. Cureton is missing time and time again. I''m not saying this is intentional but the man looks completely out of his depth. It''s not just one or two games, it is happening every game. E banks blake had 4 decent chances tonight and scored 3 and hit the bar with the other. That is the difference. Lets hope these new strikers can get a game and keep in the team.

[quote user="gcb...norwich"]Can''t quite believe how many anti Cureton posts and threads again tonight. Two weeks ago he was cheered by all and sundry after his goal against Barnsley and because he misses a chance tonight its back to slating him. Yes he misses his fair share of chances but who doesn''t? In case everyone has forgotten we just got a point at the league leaders and are unbeaten in four...time to be a little bit positive for a change perhaps???!!![/quote]

Exactly gcb, after such a great result, I''m quite sickened by it!

Sorry, but Cureton is awful at the minute.This season he''s played the equivalent of just under 16 full games of football and scored 3 goals, when has this sort of record ever been considered acceptable, never mind good?I like the guy a lot, and it''s clear he feels a lot for the club, but his on the pitch performances this season and for large parts of last season have simply not been good enough, and there comes a point where you have to draw the line and play someone else, and I think it''s fair to say the Jamie has now passed that line.Considering Gow''s form for Blackpool and how well Killen did at Hibs, along with the potential of McDonald (probably not ready yet), we HAVE to use one of them instead of Cureton.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Exactly gcb, after such a great result, I''m quite sickened by it!

[/quote]

Pot, kettle, black!!

JC is in the team to score goals. He does very little else in a game so when he is missing sitters not chances he should be criticised and in my opinion dropped.

Yes he loves the club etc but so do I and 24,000 others who turn up at CR every other week - perhaps I can get a game!!

The trouble is that JC is missing sitters, not difficult chances, but sitters. Now if we were still under Roeder then I''d agree that lack of confidence and generally feeling down could easily be alluded to for missing easy scoring opportunities, but even you Wiz must agree that under this new, much happier regime (very much alluded to in JC''s recent interviews), to miss this level of goal chance is quite puzzling.

And with regard to the Keogh comment in an earlier post, the Wolves fans waste no time on getting on his back at Molineux whenever they get the chance.

I can''t believe how many fans think he''s worth a place in the team. 1 goal all season (and he''s played enough) is utter crap for a striker. The three sitters he''s missed in the last 2 games has cost us 4 points and would have made our position a little less fraught. Of course he''s not missing them deliberately but the bottom lines is he''s not scoring. Ship him out and put another in his place. Even Cort''s goal per game ratio is better than his this season and Cort''s a past it crock!

For those who complain that Cureton gets a rough ride from the fans, Jamie''s had far less stick (if any) at Carrow Road than other Norwich players who have been slaughtered despite playing far better.  Also, compare our treatment of Jamie with the treatment Keogh got off Wolves tonight.  Quite a difference.

Not that I''m suggesting he should get any stick of course, but it has to be said that tonight''s display was not a one-off.

I personally don''t understand the support he gets.

So he dyes his hair green for a derby one day years ago and he''s a legend? Sorry, not for me. Curo''s a great servant to the club, but he needs replacing - his inability to convert good chances to goals is a liability.

For all those saying you should support the players, where were you when people singled out Andy Hughes, Peter Thorne, Carl Robinson, Jason Jarrett etc etc etc - it''s not one rule for one another rule for another. Cureton is rightly getting stick and should not start on Saturday.

Football is a result driven game. Player have primary and secondary roles. Cureton''s primary role is to convert more chances than he misses, his secondary one is to close down and create chances for others. He is failing miserably in his primary role and I can''t remember his last assist. Yes, he closes down, but that doesn''t justify his inclusion. Putting aside personal preferences there is no footballing justification for him to be in the starting line up. Its really that simple.

It is neither fickle nor pathetic.  The bare facts are JC has score just one league goal this season. ONE!  For anyone, let alone a 1st choice Championship striker, a 1:18 ratio is just not good enough!  You cannot argue that he has not been given enough chances, the fact is he has.  As much as we all love Jamie, and we know he''s as yellow and green as the rest of us on here (with obvious exceptions) he has to be dropped for the sake of the team.  Why else would Gunny go out and sign Killen and Cody, and Gow who can play up front, if he didn''t think the same?  Do you really think he''s going to persist with Jamie and leave the others on the bench until the end of the season?

My question to you GCB, and to you Wiz if you''re reading this, is "How many more games do you think Jamie should start?"  Serious question guys, serious answer requested.  How many?

funny.. when Roeder was here Cureton was the saviour.. cast out at Barnsley, we all called for Jamike to come back and save us from the nasty man who was manager.. now he''s back he''s public enemy number 1.....

Perhaps we should all call for Roeder to come back to save us from nasty mr Jamie...

Fickle to the extreme.

jas :)

[quote user="Scooby"]

It is neither fickle nor pathetic.  The bare facts are JC has score just one league goal this season. ONE!  For anyone, let alone a 1st choice Championship striker, a 1:18 ratio is just not good enough!  You cannot argue that he has not been given enough chances, the fact is he has.  As much as we all love Jamie, and we know he''s as yellow and green as the rest of us on here (with obvious exceptions) he has to be dropped for the sake of the team.  Why else would Gunny go out and sign Killen and Cody, and Gow who can play up front, if he didn''t think the same?  Do you really think he''s going to persist with Jamie and leave the others on the bench until the end of the season?

My question to you GCB, and to you Wiz if you''re reading this, is "How many more games do you think Jamie should start?"  Serious question guys, serious answer requested.  How many?

[/quote]

Bloody good question Scooby, Jamie, whether posters like this or not, has scored 200+ career goals, regardless of leagues, as defenders and goal posts are the same in all leagues, ask Leeds!   

But, yes, he has to start scoring again soon, 3 games would be my choice. And then the bench beckons if he fails.

Now having said that, I''m convinced that Jamie still has a role at the club, I hope he ends his career here.