Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

Chris Killen - Injury prone!!!

[quote user="cityangel"]Surely you moaners think that any striker is better than playing a midfielder upfront??[/quote]

I''d say (obviously we''re assuming he''s going to have decent match fitness - hopefully) that he could be a step in the right direction. But we''re still going to need more upfront.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Eadie, O''Neil and Bellamy were quite injury prone. I don''t remember anyone bitching about them being on City''s wage bill.
[/quote]

But they were already our own youth players who moved through the ranks, and not someone elses donkeys!

[/quote]

Donkey? I would hardly call him a donkey, but then again I have bothered to actually check his stats before mouthing off.

ClubFromToFeeLeagueFA CupLeague cupOther
Celtic31-05-2007 Free 2 (19)10 (1)00 (1)01 (4)0
Hibernian26-01-200631-05-2007Free 23 (2)161 (1)22 (0)03 (0)1
Oldham30-07-200226-01-2006£ 200000 53 (25)173 (2)44 (1)12 (0)1
Port Vale23-09-200123-11-2001Loan 8 (1)60 (0)00 (0)01 (0)0
Wrexham08-09-200008-12-2000Loan 11 (1)30 (0)00 (0)00 (0)0
Man City01-07-199930-07-2002Trainee 0 (3)00 (0)00 (0)00 (0)0
Totals£ 20000097 (51)434 (4)66 (2)17 (4)2
goals / game0.290.750.120.18
AppsGoalsAppsGoalsAppsGoalsAppsGoals

[/quote]

And of course you checked his injury record too?  No, thought not![:|]

[/quote]

You flaming nob Wiz, you have not checked too have you, you have read one snippet through your manky Lowestoft shathole and thought, hey I''ll make have an opinion on him without knowing all the facts, spoken to fellow supporters or anything. You make your mind up then if he scores a few your change your mind then back again. Jeese, maybe your fingers would pack up and we would not have to face your drivell on here,

[/quote]

He doesn''t use his fingers just repeatedly mashes his keyboard with a clenched fist until something angry comes out

[/quote]

He bangs his head on it whilst dribbling on the keyboard making grunting noises [:P]

This is a REALLY dumb question, but is there anyone out there who has actually seen Killen play and can so give an informed opinion as to his ability?

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="cityangel"]Thats good news if its true because any striker is better than playing a midfield upfront.[/quote]SPOT ON   CA[/quote]

Absolutely.  Playing people out of position for a short time is inevitable - even sides like Man U have to sometimes - and it can come off, but when that player is needed in their ''home'' position it should be as short a period as possible.  IMO Rusty comes into that bracket - he should absolutely be in Fozzie''s place.

Killen could work out, but at the very least he adds something in a position we are sorely lacking.  That Hearts were also after him should surely be a decent sign, as they need to keep up their chase for a UEFA spot.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="cityangel"]Thats good news if its true because any striker is better than playing a midfield upfront.[/quote]SPOT ON   CA[/quote]

Absolutely.  Playing people out of position for a short time is inevitable - even sides like Man U have to sometimes - and it can come off, but when that player is needed in their ''home'' position it should be as short a period as possible.  IMO Rusty comes into that bracket - he should absolutely be in Fozzie''s place.

Killen could work out, but at the very least he adds something in a position we are sorely lacking.  That Hearts were also after him should surely be a decent sign, as they need to keep up their chase for a UEFA spot.

[/quote]some of you need to get a grip on the negativity as its becoming beyond a joke... killen is a decent enough player who needs games... we need a striker so lets not moan and judge before he has even kicked a ball... as usual...

[quote user="JTG"][quote user="geo374"]

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]we only get injured Cetlic players, we are there hospital training ground :D
[/quote]

Didn''t Marshall come from Celtic, and as far as I can recall, he''s not injured!

[/quote]

He not on loan ;) He is a bit rubbish though.

I think Killen would be a very good signing however, why are people so quick to criticise? I think people enjoy it a bit too much, or it''s just become habit and can''t stop.
[/quote]

He''s proven division one standard so he may be ok for The Championship.

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

some of you need to get a grip on the negativity as its becoming beyond a joke... killen is a decent enough player who needs games... we need a striker so lets not moan and judge before he has even kicked a ball... as usual...
[/quote]

....not sure why you chose to quote this saying what you said - I thought we were saying we were ok with the signing.....I was certainly meaning to give that impression, anyway!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Jeez! this is a joke yes?

Why is our club, and fans, so gullible these days?

We''re going down, believe it![:@]

[/quote]

Good to see that your positive attitude of the last few days has at long last gone Mr.Wizard.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Eadie, O''Neil and Bellamy were quite injury prone. I don''t remember anyone bitching about them being on City''s wage bill.
[/quote]

I cant remember Bellamy being injury prone with us and for along time Eadie wasn''t either. However the England training for the Tolouse tournament seemed to be the turning point for Eadie. As for O''Neill he was known to be injury prone and I suspect thats probably the reason Arsenal youth set up let him go and he joined us. We still manage to get £750k for him.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Eadie, O''Neil and Bellamy were quite injury prone. I don''t remember anyone bitching about them being on City''s wage bill.[/quote]

I cant remember Bellamy being injury prone with us and for along time Eadie wasn''t either. However the England training for the Tolouse tournament seemed to be the turning point for Eadie. As for O''Neill he was known to be injury prone and I suspect thats probably the reason Arsenal youth set up let him go and he joined us. We still manage to get £750k for him.

[/quote]You forgot to mention the Joe Lewis diner!

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can''t you?  It must be a different Craig Bellamy who missed 2 months in 98/99 after messing with Mr Muscat, and who missed most of 99/00 season injured, then!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]if i''m reading those stats right he got 2 goals in 23 appearances for hibs? [/quote]Unfortunately you''re not Jim.It was 16 goals in 25 apps for Hibs, with 2 of those apps from the bench.He also scored 6 goals in 8 apps for Port Vale (7 years ago...)Plus 17 in 78 for Oldham, where he struggled to really hit a run of form due to injury niggles.I''m reserving judgment on this due to previous injuries, but from what I know of Killen when fit, he''s a good acquisition and also the sort of striker that can hold the ball up if needed and is fairly strong with his head, so that should satisfy some fans who wanted this type of player.

i saw him play for hibs a few years ago and thought he was good... a bit beyond our level to be honest. I wasn''t surprised when he signed for celtic. I''m quite pleased with this signing. But i''m mostly concerned about our defence.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can''t you?  It must be a different Craig Bellamy who missed 2 months in 98/99 after messing with Mr Muscat, and who missed most of 99/00 season injured, then!

[/quote]

Yeah yeah he got injured by Muscat but Bellamy while at Norwich was not picking up injuries on a regular basis like Owen and Dyer was he? 

[quote user="cityangel"]Surely you moaners think that any striker is better than playing a midfielder upfront??[/quote]

Only one moaner on here CA, and he''s busy massaging his own ego with the ''I''m right again - infact I''m always right'' line.

Have we actually signed him then, its not like Archant to put it in the headlines until its been confirmed.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Hopefully he''ll be able to win the ball in the air and play the target man which would help Hoolahan, Lupoli and even Cureton.
[/quote]

Unless he''s offside ! [:P]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Hopefully he''ll be able to win the ball in the air and play the target man which would help Hoolahan, Lupoli and even Cureton.
[/quote]

Exactly right Chops. It''s quite amusing that Wiz is moaning about this signing despite the fact it''s good news for his friend ''JamieLad''.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Jim Smith"]if i''m reading those stats right he got 2 goals in 23 appearances for hibs? [/quote]Unfortunately you''re not Jim.

It was 16 goals in 25 apps for Hibs, with 2 of those apps from the bench.

He also scored 6 goals in 8 apps for Port Vale (7 years ago...)

Plus 17 in 78 for Oldham, where he struggled to really hit a run of form due to injury niggles.

I''m reserving judgment on this due to previous injuries, but from what I know of Killen when fit, he''s a good acquisition and also the sort of striker that can hold the ball up if needed and is fairly strong with his head, so that should satisfy some fans who wanted this type of player.
[/quote]

And of those 78 apps, 25 were from the bench.

[quote user="cityangel"]Have we actually signed him then, its not like Archant to put it in the headlines until its been confirmed.[/quote]

Isn''t it? The key word in the article is ''reportedly''.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Jeez! this is a joke yes?

Why is our club, and fans, so gullible these days?

We''re going down, believe it![:@]

[/quote]

Good to see that your positive attitude of the last few days has at long last gone Mr.Wizard.

[/quote]

Having slept on it Mr Tilson, I realise I have been very harsh on the lad, so I apologise to him for that. Lets just see how he goes.........if we really have signed him that is!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"][quote user="Mushroom"]He''s a loan, not a permanent. He has scored regulary for his previous clubs, a team like Celtic don''t sign players just "because".He has been unfortunate with injuries, he is now match fit, he has a point to prove.He scored lots for me as Norwich on FM09.HE''S BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE.Well done, Gunny.[/quote]Oh good he scored on football manager. Lets make this permanent instantly.[/quote]He done quite well for me too. He wasn''t injury prone on the game either.LETS GET HIM [:D]