Sign in to follow this  
Chewbacca

A guide to reading these messageboards.

I''m not a frequent poster but do like to peruse these boards at least once a day - I''ve developed a strategy now though that acts as something of a quality filter...

If a post was submitted by Smudger or 1st Wizard don''t even bother to view it!

Is that a handy hint or am I just slow on the uptake?

Ignoring Smudger''s posts I would agree with but when he''s not blabbing on about ''Jamie lad'', Wiz can actually make some good points. Just hover over the thread link to peek at what''s inside before committing would be my advice [;)].

No wonder you live in a little bubble where the NCFC board finds it so easy to fleece you.

Shame on you for sitting there waiting for 4 years for that bubble to go pop.

Never mind when it does we will be there to build the club back up again from the mess that you have created.

[quote user="Smudger"]

No wonder you live in a little bubble where the NCFC board finds it so easy to fleece you.

Never mind when it does we will be there to build the club back up again from the mess that you have created.[/quote]Who is "WE" smudger?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]

Never mind when it does we will be there to build the club back up again from the mess that you have created.[/quote]Who is "WE" smudger?

[/quote]Barack Obama.  ''Can we fix it? yes we can''

[/quote]

We is a small childs description of taking a p***

That''s what he does all the time . So there is your answer Lapp

[quote]Never mind when it does we will be there to build the club back up again from the mess that you have created.[/quote]There''s getting the club on the cheap, and then there''s waiting for it to fall into the Ryman league before you can afford it...

Never mind when it does we will be there to build the club back up again from the mess that you have created.

[/quote]

Who is "WE" smudger?

[/quote]

It will be him and Cluck dressed in their Village People builder outfits and occasionally breaking off from shifting rubble for a quick rimming session.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Who is "WE" smudger?

[/quote]

It will be him and Cluck dressed in their Village People builder outfits and occasionally breaking off from shifting rubble for a quick rimming session.

[/quote]Quality!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Who is "WE" smudger?

[/quote]

[/quote]An excellent insult! Funny and well thought out, and subtle enough to pass under the radar of the nippers! Ha-ha!! [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Smudger

You''re clearly some sort of authority on the management and governance of a football club. 

Can you explain to those of us living in a bubble exactly what your strategy is for NCFC in the current economic climate? 

You keep referencing what a positive effect relegation and administration would have on the club.  I think you are severely misguided but perhaps you could share what it is that you know that the rest of us don''t.

Many thanks.

Richard

[quote user="LeedsYellow"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Smudger

You''re clearly some sort of authority on the management and governance of a football club. 

Can you explain to those of us living in a bubble exactly what your strategy is for NCFC in the current economic climate? 

[/quote]

Are you really that dumb, or is your retention that short?  Smudger has been railing on for years about how the team needs new ownership and a new board. What is so hard to understand about that?  He also makes a pretty good case for it if you can overcome your delicate sensitivities and just appreciate his style.

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="LeedsYellow"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Smudger

[/quote]

Are you really that dumb, or is your retention that short?  Smudger has been railing on for years about how the team needs new ownership and a new board. What is so hard to understand about that?  He also makes a pretty good case for it if you can overcome your delicate sensitivities and just appreciate his style.

[/quote]

I think you''ve missed the point, in this thread he''s inferring that he''s part of a consortium that going to save the club, I think its only fair for Leeds Yellow to ask how he''s going to do it.

[/quote]

Smudger

[/quote]

[/quote]

LeedsYellow was asking for a strategy from Smudge, not the usual misguided, unintelligent, venomous crap he usually spouts. You are the dumb one for actually thinking that Smudge has any other purpose here than to aggravate and seek attention.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Are you really that dumb....?

[/quote]

How ironic that you should suggest that I''m dumb HC.  Let me spell it out for you. 

I''m suggesting that in the current economic environment (where banks and insurance companies are going bust, on both sides of the Atlantic and where Roman Abramovich is ''pulling his horns in'') that it is not as simple as sacking the board and appointing another lot.

If you can''t see that, then perhaps you shouldn''t be so quick on the draw when calling someone else dumb.

I''m well aware that Smudger has been rallying (not railing) for years about the need for new ownership.  What I''m suggesting is that there are no new owners in the offing - and on that basis, only a fool would wish that the club go into adminstration.

I''m far from impressed at how NCFC has been governed over the last 4/5 years.  However, I''m not dumb enough to assume that we have any other options in the short to medium term.  Therefore, I''m interested to hear Smudger''s views on how administration would actually improve the outlook.

Thanking you.

[quote user="LeedsYellow"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

Are you really that dumb....?

[/quote]

How ironic that you should suggest that I''m dumb HC.  Let me spell it out for you. 

I''m suggesting that in the current economic environment (where banks and insurance companies are going bust, on both sides of the Atlantic and where Roman Abramovich is ''pulling his horns in'') that it is not as simple as sacking the board and appointing another lot.

If you can''t see that, then perhaps you shouldn''t be so quick on the draw when calling someone else dumb.

I''m well aware that Smudger has been rallying (not railing) for years about the need for new ownership.  What I''m suggesting is that there are no new owners in the offing - and on that basis, only a fool would wish that the club go into adminstration.

I''m far from impressed at how NCFC has been governed over the last 4/5 years.  However, I''m not dumb enough to assume that we have any other options in the short to medium term.  Therefore, I''m interested to hear Smudger''s views on how administration would actually improve the outlook.

Thanking you.

[/quote]

People clarifying your poorly written first missive aside, there was at least one potential buyer just last season, someone with Norwich roots, someone who wears his team pride on his sleeve. As for the current economic woes, not everybody has been hurt by them.  Not everyone is a bank or poorly run business.  There are even some who have prospered in the climate because this sort of action is their meat and potatoes.  Using the economic decline as an excuse to keep on keeping on is weak.

Have you ever considered that the team could actually be run at a profit if it was run properly? Or even at a small loss, which a rich a guy would be very willing to do if for nothing else than the huge publicity that can come from owning an English Football Club.

Much of the anti-Smudger rhetoric is just that, anti-Smudger, regardless of his valid points.

[quote user="Houston Canary"] People clarifying your poorly written first missive aside, there was at least one potential buyer just last season

[/quote]

The only person who needed clarity HC was you. 

As for a potential buyer last season.... my point exactly. 

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Who is "WE" smudger?

[/quote]

[/quote]

An excellent insult! Funny and well thought out, and subtle enough to pass under the radar of the nippers! Ha-ha!! [;)]
[/quote]yuuuuuuuuuuuk...lol

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Who is "WE" smudger?

[/quote]

[/quote]An excellent insult! Funny and well thought out, and subtle enough to pass under the radar of the nippers! Ha-ha!! [;)][/quote]yuuuuuuuuuuuk...lol[/quote]I find the thought of it quite arousing.

My guide to reading these message boards...

Smudger :- A twisted soul, but worth a read for the entertainment of watch others get so wound up with his comments.

1st Wiz :- 50/50. Sometimes very intelligent well written comments, but occasionally strays to the dark side. Bit worried about his love for JC!

1st Waz, other imposters, etc etc, :- Unoriginal imposters. Baaa, baaa. Take it with a pinch of salt.

Cam.u..l..on :- Always the nice guy, happy with Colchester. Well informed and well researched answers.

Beaker :- Hilarious! Where is he?

Anyone who cannot punctuate or writes in an abbrieviated text speak. :- Kids playing with their laptop during school playtime. Ignore.

we8wba : Sensible poster who gets harshly knocked for supporting those guys we''ll beat tonight. 

Arrdee :- God bless his soul. A true gent. RIP.

[quote user="Chewbacca"]

I''m not a frequent poster but do like to peruse these boards at least once a day - I''ve developed a strategy now though that acts as something of a quality filter...

If a post was submitted by Smudger or 1st Wizard don''t even bother to view it!

Is that a handy hint or am I just slow on the uptake?

[/quote]

you could try ignoring my psost.. but i''d only inflict my crap on you every home game verbally in the Barclay! lol!

jas :)

[quote user="LeedsYellow"][quote user="Houston Canary"] People clarifying your poorly written first missive aside, there was at least one potential buyer just last season

[/quote]

The only person who needed clarity HC was you. 

As for a potential buyer last season.... my point exactly. 

[/quote]

I think people jumped to your aid because they are anti-Smudger and felt obliged to be ciritical of anything or anyone not the same.  Your original comment was not what all your defenders claim.

Yes, railing is the correct word.  Smudger has been railing.  That you suggest the word is rallying tells me you have no idea what either word means.  Lack of suopporting opinion has left Smudger as anything other than a rallier.  Railing, as I used it, means he persistently goes on and on about it..

Your point exactly is ridiculous.  Last season and for years before that, the team has needed new ownership and new board members. There is was, and there it went. Has Cullum''s business collapsed since then?  If not, then that would make him an even better option than he was last year. That you wait until now to agree we need changes serves nobody any use.  If the current economic climate makes selling a team tougher, then shame on you for not realizing the painfully obvious long before. Smudger did, and you all think he''s a moron, so what does that make you?

Actually the economic crisis seems a perfectly good excuse. Those with lots of money generally own big businessed, and alot of them have been hit hard. You dont have to be poorly run business to have taken some form of hit from this. Its not that people dont have the money to buy NCFC, just that at this point in time with an uncertain financial future people are less willing to make big spends.

PC did not offer to buy the shareholders out, he offered to take the club over, so the offer was unacceptable which was the whole point. Unless a poster makes a commitment to donate at least approximately half their lifetime''s wealth to the club which I have not seen in the accounts then they are just being hypocritical to criticise the Board for not accepting the offer. PC, who is in the best position to comment on the situation, summed it up when he said the critics were being "unfair and unkind" in respect of this matter. Besides, the world has changed since last year.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

I think people jumped to your aid because they are anti-Smudger and felt obliged to be ciritical of anything or anyone not the same.  Your original comment was not what all your defenders claim.

Yes, railing is the correct word.  Smudger has been railing.  That you suggest the word is rallying tells me you have no idea what either word means.  Lack of suopporting opinion has left Smudger as anything other than a rallier.  Railing, as I used it, means he persistently goes on and on about it..

Your point exactly is ridiculous.  Last season and for years before that, the team has needed new ownership and new board members. There is was, and there it went. Has Cullum''s business collapsed since then?  If not, then that would make him an even better option than he was last year. That you wait until now to agree we need changes serves nobody any use.  If the current economic climate makes selling a team tougher, then shame on you for not realizing the painfully obvious long before. Smudger did, and you all think he''s a moron, so what does that make you?

[/quote]

I don''t think people jumped to my aid.  I think people understood my post.  I think I''ve made my points sufficiently well and, in any case, everyone seems to have understand my points, other than you.

I do not intend into a trivial debate.  The fact is there are no benefactors waiting in the wings, as far as I''m aware.  Albeit I will happily be proven wrong.  I think the current economic outlook is very relevent.  (You''re in a minority if you don''t).

In the meantime, I go back to my original post.... Smudger: Can you explain to those of us living in a bubble exactly what your strategy is for NCFC in the current economic climate? 

Finally, as far as ''railing'' is concerned, you''re right.  It seems I don''t know what it means (other than a barrier/fence), thus my assumption that you meant ''rallying'' (as in ''calling people to action'').  Interestingly, ''railing'' is described in the Oxford Dictionary as ''fence or barrier made or rails,'' so I feel justified in my assumption. 

[quote user="Smudgers Armpit"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Barack Obama.  ''Can we fix it? yes we can''
[/quote]

Wasn''t that bob the builder? [:D]

[/quote]

Smudger

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed HC [Y]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Who is "WE" smudger?

[/quote]

[/quote]An excellent insult! Funny and well thought out, and subtle enough to pass under the radar of the nippers! Ha-ha!! [;)][/quote]yuuuuuuuuuuuk...lol[/quote]I find the thought of it quite arousing.[/quote]is that why mr. bump has his @rse bandaged as well as his head...ouch?!![:P]

[/quote]

''We'' as in others who have chosen to stay away and boycott under Delia & Co.