Sign in to follow this  
ca

''OFFICIAL THREAD'' TO DISCUSS OUR NEW MANAGEMENT TEAM

IMHO a very good decision. Time to stop moaning and get behind the management team and the players.

I''m Happy  ...didn''t want Ince/Dowie/Ady for different reasons

Think this could be inspired (or fail spectacularly) 

These guys are no fools, they''ve got much to lose and are prepared to put it on the line.

Can''t wait......

[quote user="YoungCanary"]

[quote user="kaiman"]ohhh my! i can see this going t*ts up big style! not very happy with this appointment, surely this can''t be real! none of them have any managerial experience in a relegation battle whatsoever! i think this is the biggest board howler to date, they really must go now! all we can do is get behind the team and pray we stay up. not holding my breath tho....[/quote]

Change the record mate Wink [;)]

Given a chance first before taking them to the slaughter!

[/quote]

hold on buddy, i did say i''m gonna support them! i would love to see them do well! wouldn''t we all! but all im saying is that i not expecting any miracles!

I will get behind them and hope they do well as they are all top blokes and City legends. Think all the fans will want them to succeed.

However I don''t agree with the appointment and I think the fact we now apparently cannot even take the risk of having a permanent manager speaks volumes for the mess this club is in. More short termism, papering over the cracks and frankly taking the cheap and easy option whilst crossing our fingers and hoping it works. Lets hope it does!

suprisingly sensible appointmentsgunn has the recent links with NCFC and has his badgescrook has experience as a coachand deehan has a vast experience in all forms of the game.its the smartest move atm because the names linked were * and we wouldnt of got someone in who has the experience, knowledge and drive that these 3 do.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

Please sombody wake me up and tell me this is a horrible nightmare, were absoulutley screwed! this was a perfect oppurtunity for the board to state their ambition and show us fans they care about the club and what do they do? employ the cheapest option with no experiance of managment. why does this inept board never learn from their mistakes? i refuse to support this decesion and hand my notice in as a norwich supporter untill the current board is removed.

i respect gunn and think he is a top bloke but he is not a manager. there is no room for sympathy in football if you want to be successfull, and our board obviously dont want success. Poor old gunn respected and liked, a statesman of this club will be ousted and slated when this all goes wrong

this news has put a complete new low into supporting norwich. Any renewed optimism has been savagely ripped away once again by delia and co

[/quote]

Bye bye Mr. Fairweather, you''ll be creeping back when we are successfull again.

[/quote]

mate you are so deluded if you think that this latest inspired move from the board will bring back success. this club will be playing league one football again. 95% of the fans did not want gunn as manager, why dont the board act on our behalf aswell? becuase they have no interest in this club anymore

i will support Gunny totally

However I hope that this doesnt end in tears - the man is a ledgend in the city and not jst amongst football fans and if it all goes wrong will this still be the case!!And how big of a risk is Crook takin brinigin his family all the way back over from Australia!

Cmon Gunny

The more I think about this the worse it seems.

Have we not learnt from the Grant saga?   He had no managerial experience and was completely out of his depth.    At least he had been coaching and was and remains well respected as a coach.  But a good coach is a million miles away from being a successful manager. Being a club ambassador, after dinner speaker, team scout and general superb chap is also another million miles away fronm being a successful coach. 

Of course I will fully get behind him and the team.   However it still feels like we have not even been shopping at Asda,  but the left over produce that has not sold even after being on the out of date shelf.  Cheap cheap and unwanted. 

I wanted to see a name come in, but we had that with Roeder and it backfired.  I will give them my full support, I can only remember Crook towards the end of his Norwich career, and I know he was a quality player.  Deehan hopefully has links outside of Scotland as well!!!Overall, I''m underwhelmed by this announcement, but I think that it could work out very well.  I''m quite happy to give them a chance, and they will have my full support, I just hope it doesn''t go belly up and ruin all threes status at the club.OTBC

To be honest it this would not have been my personal choice but I''m not dismayed, the ingredients are there for an interesting future.

With Gunn''s man management skills and Crooky''s footballing brain we should see some entertaining and hopefully productive football.

Remember this trio will be doing it for Norwich City FC and not to nurture inflated egos as our last two did, if we get behind them as we did last saturday we will all be pleasantly surprised I feel.

O.T.B.C.

Many of the things suggested are true - he is a cheap option in that we do not have to pay compensation to another club, but is that bad ? The money will hopefully be used to add to a transfer fee instead.He does lack actual experience of being in the lonely position of manager, but he has demonstrated character and an ability to reach out to other humans. He communicates well with the media and crowd, - he has already displayed good traits in this.He has in his favour a great commitment to the club and he knows everyone well. They seem impressed and at least two former managers have recommended him.The great advantage of this signing is that he has already started - possible recruitment, relationship with players, relationship with the Board. When time is short to sign new players and to design a recovery from our present position, he doesn''t need time to take stock and get to know people. He is there already!We are in a parlous position, we have a man of character who is committed utterly, and supported by a team who love the club. He deserves our support.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

Please sombody wake me up and tell me this is a horrible nightmare, were absoulutley screwed! this was a perfect oppurtunity for the board to state their ambition and show us fans they care about the club and what do they do? employ the cheapest option with no experiance of managment. why does this inept board never learn from their mistakes? i refuse to support this decesion and hand my notice in as a norwich supporter untill the current board is removed.

i respect gunn and think he is a top bloke but he is not a manager. there is no room for sympathy in football if you want to be successfull, and our board obviously dont want success. Poor old gunn respected and liked, a statesman of this club will be ousted and slated when this all goes wrong

this news has put a complete new low into supporting norwich. Any renewed optimism has been savagely ripped away once again by delia and co

[/quote]

Bye bye Mr. Fairweather, you''ll be creeping back when we are successfull again.

[/quote]

mate you are so deluded if you think that this latest inspired move from the board will bring back success. this club will be playing league one football again. 95% of the fans did not want gunn as manager, why dont the board act on our behalf aswell? becuase they have no interest in this club anymore

[/quote]How do you know that?  A lot of people wanted him in according to facebook, and I''m sure various other sources.  Unless Wiz counts for 95% of our fans??!

I think that there has to be technical ability and good team work for a management and team to work well. Now, arguably, this new management team doesn''t have the experience of other potential candidates mentioned but, without doubt, all the players will be giving their all for them and that, as perhaps witnessed against Barnsley, may count for enough to keep us up. Lets face it, all Norwich''s acheivements in the late ''80s and early ''90s (3 top-5 finishes in the top division, 1 FA Cup Semi, UEFA etc.) was mainly achieved with players that were good but not excellent but DID play as a team. I don''t think that we had any England players in our squad (granted Sutton MAY have been England standard) but we achieved more than many clubs that did.

They''ll certainly get my support becasue there is an element of the unknon with this one but Gunn, Cróok & Deehan all seem to be good mates and I think that that will be a good help. We''ll see.

[quote user="Salopian"]Many of the things suggested are true - he is a cheap option in that we do not have to pay compensation to another club, but is that bad ? The money will hopefully be used to add to a transfer fee instead.

He does lack actual experience of being in the lonely position of manager, but he has demonstrated character and an ability to reach out to other humans. He communicates well with the media and crowd, - he has already displayed good traits in this.

He has in his favour a great commitment to the club and he knows everyone well. They seem impressed and at least two former managers have recommended him.

The great advantage of this signing is that he has already started - possible recruitment, relationship with players, relationship with the Board. When time is short to sign new players and to design a recovery from our present position, he doesn''t need time to take stock and get to know people. He is there already!

We are in a parlous position, we have a man of character who is committed utterly, and supported by a team who love the club. He deserves our support.
[/quote]

[Y]

At first I was a little sceptical, but in the short term I think it is a good idea considering the financial situation at the club. Managers like Ince, Curbishley or Boothroyd would all require more expensive, much longer contracts, which is far more of a risk than the option the board has gone with.

Crook has been coaching for a number of years and Deehan has been a good member of the backroom staff at a number of clubs.

I think the key thing is to really get behind them all and lets ensure we finish the season on a high!

All I can hope is that what has not been revealed is that Gunny has been able to convince SAF to become our unofficial Director of Football and will hold a tactical and coaching teleconference before each match with Crooky and Gunn,  with a taped half time hair dryer message for emergencies [;)]

Its a big gamble, a huge one, last chance saloon for the current regime.

There is but one priority with the appointment-keep us up. Nothing else matters. If they do-brilliant, then sit down in the Summer and decide whats happening next. if we don''t-well, pretty much the same.

They have my support-I''m not going to "hand in my notice" as a Norwich fan (the very thought-shudder!) -it might sound sentimental and all the rest of it, but, for now, I am happy to have them at the club. Getting Deehan back is a really good step-he was the Peter Taylor to Mike Walkers Brian Clough and he will do a lot of coaching, with Chippy, I am certain.

Thought all along on this board and WOTB that Gunn would get the job until the end of the season, got shot down by some, but, along with others who thought the same, did think it would be how the club would think. And they did. Have they got it right? Maybe, maybe not, but the time for deciding that will be May, not now. Lets get behind them and the Club.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How do you know that?  A lot of people wanted him in according to facebook, and I''m sure various other sources.  Unless Wiz counts for 95% of our fans??!
[/quote]

check the voting on the EDP website

Everyone on this board is pathetic, moan, moan, and bloody moan. You all moan about "The Board", but it''s those on this board that should take a look at themselves. I''m not 100% sure that Gunny is the right man, but at least he''s not a proven failure, every other name linked is a proven failure, all previously sacked for their poor jobs as managers. We''ve got three men who the fans know, like and the players will want to play for... save the moaning for if things don''t work, but for now get behind them and support the team (if you go that is).

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Everyone on this board is pathetic, moan, moan, and bloody moan. You all moan about "The Board", but it''s those on this board that should take a look at themselves. I''m not 100% sure that Gunny is the right man, but at least he''s not a proven failure, every other name linked is a proven failure, all previously sacked for their poor jobs as managers. We''ve got three men who the fans know, like and the players will want to play for... save the moaning for if things don''t work, but for now get behind them and support the team (if you go that is).[/quote][Y]

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Its a big gamble, a huge one, last chance saloon for the current regime.

There is but one priority with the appointment-keep us up. Nothing else matters. If they do-brilliant, then sit down in the Summer and decide whats happening next. if we don''t-well, pretty much the same.

They have my support-I''m not going to "hand in my notice" as a Norwich fan (the very thought-shudder!) -it might sound sentimental and all the rest of it, but, for now, I am happy to have them at the club. Getting Deehan back is a really good step-he was the Peter Taylor to Mike Walkers Brian Clough and he will do a lot of coaching, with Chippy, I am certain.

Thought all along on this board and WOTB that Gunn would get the job until the end of the season, got shot down by some, but, along with others who thought the same, did think it would be how the club would think. And they did. Have they got it right? Maybe, maybe not, but the time for deciding that will be May, not now. Lets get behind them and the Club.

[/quote]

if they keep us up, regardless of how they do it they will be given long term contracts, the board will not assess anything. grant and roeder both kept us up one season, and then we all know the rest.

this appointment is terrible. why the hell cant the board appoint a decent manager? we need a manger so appoint a guy in head of recruitment. fcuk me if this board were in charge of  british airways do you think they would pop down to asda to recruit pilots? i do

It''s a risk, but a calculated one. The contract is only til the end of the season, and because Bryan loves this club I don''t think he would stay if he wasn''t successful anyway. He''s bringing in two hugely experienced coaches and he has a hotline to this country''s most successful manager in Fergie. He has all the qualities required to be a good manager, and it is now our responsibility to do everything we can to help.

OTBC!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

The more I think about this the worse it seems.

Have we not learnt from the Grant saga?   He had no managerial experience and was completely out of his depth.    At least he had been coaching and was and remains well respected as a coach.  But a good coach is a million miles away from being a successful manager. Being a club ambassador, after dinner speaker, team scout and general superb chap is also another million miles away fronm being a successful coach. 

Of course I will fully get behind him and the team.   However it still feels like we have not even been shopping at Asda,  but the left over produce that has not sold even after being on the out of date shelf.  Cheap cheap and unwanted. 

[/quote]

I think I''ll have to agree with you ZLF.

It does seem as though they''ve gone for the cheap option. Fingers crossed that the new team has enough charisma to get us over the finishing line this season.

At least it seems the Board have been sensible in not handing out long contracts so if it does go pear-shaped they can at least go back to the drawing board with a bit more cash than they would otherwise have had.

[quote user="KingsLynnCanary"]its either an inspired move or a stupid one...
[/quote]

Or a cheap one. [:(] Im sick and tired of this football club. Just when you think things couldnt get worse the board spring this on us. Gunn is clearly not management material. Anyone who believes he is is deranged.

[quote user="Nutkin McV"]

It''s a risk, but a calculated one. The contract is only til the end of the season, and because Bryan loves this club I don''t think he would stay if he wasn''t successful anyway. He''s bringing in two hugely experienced coaches and he has a hotline to this country''s most successful manager in Fergie. He has all the qualities required to be a good manager, and it is now our responsibility to do everything we can to help.

OTBC!

[/quote]

Gunn - no managerial expericence

Crook - no coaching experience at a decent (english) level

Deehan - a good number 2 in 1993!!! As a scout? Not sure.

Enough said. Gutted

What I struggle to see is that other than affinity with the club on what basis of any interview would Gunn have come out ahead of any of the suspected candidates?  Ince, Dowie,  Boothroyd, Holloway, even Crook must have scored better on experience, qualifications, success,  proven managerial ability and like Gunn would have been available for an immediate start.    Was it purely a clash of personalities that the board could not workwith the others?

It does feel that a flattering scoreline from one game has disproportionately influenced the selection team,  or is it that Gunn was not the first option and we would/could not afford agree terms with our first choice?  We will not know for a long time, if we ever find out.

The up side is that the team do know have some confidence to build on from a win and face a crucial home game against our relegation rivals in another must win game.   Despite moaning I will be completely behind the team 

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Everyone on this board is pathetic, moan, moan, and bloody moan. You all moan about "The Board", but it''s those on this board that should take a look at themselves. I''m not 100% sure that Gunny is the right man, but at least he''s not a proven failure, every other name linked is a proven failure, all previously sacked for their poor jobs as managers. We''ve got three men who the fans know, like and the players will want to play for... save the moaning for if things don''t work, but for now get behind them and support the team (if you go that is).[/quote]

oh right well down board, you showed bags load of ambition in appointing someone who is not a proven failure, give yourself a pat on the back.

sorry mate i aint satisfied with that, why cant we employ someone who is PROVEN SUCCESS? if you accept this then the board can do what the hell they like. employing someone who is not a proven failure is not ambitious or positive

Look i agree that the board have taken the easy option in appointing Bryan Gunn as our manager but its pointless moaning about it.The Guy needs our support and will be getting my backing fully until the end of the season.

Gunn will definatly install some much needed people skills and passion so lets all do our part and get behind him cause after all...

Bryan Gunn. Bryan Gunn. Bryan Bryan Gunn hes got no hair but we dont care Bryan Bryan Gunn

On the ball city !!

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Everyone on this board is pathetic, moan, moan, and bloody moan. You all moan about "The Board", but it''s those on this board that should take a look at themselves. I''m not 100% sure that Gunny is the right man, but at least he''s not a proven failure, every other name linked is a proven failure, all previously sacked for their poor jobs as managers. We''ve got three men who the fans know, like and the players will want to play for... save the moaning for if things don''t work, but for now get behind them and support the team (if you go that is).[/quote]

Save this qoute for 6 months time. My god, you havent a clue.