Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Orient or Sheffield United away

Sod''s law says we will be playing Sheff Utd three times in quick succession...next week inb the league and a draw and replay in the Cup

Yet another absolutely crap draw, no chance of making any money and little chance of going through as it will most likely be Sheff Utd.

Are my eyes deceiving me? We were not on the list of cup games at the end of the draw! Can someone confirm?!

Orient away would be a good draw cause its not far being in North London and they haven''t got a big following so they''d possibly give us a good allocation on top of the normal FA Cup allowance!

But we and Orient have to get through our games first so I''m not holding my breath!

orient definately wont win and we probably wont win even if we do we can say bye bye to the FA cup next game as sheff td will rape us the way were playing at the minute (yes i know we beat them earlier in the season but still.....) and we always play shi*e against lower league teams and get nocked out

[quote user="missing in action"]never been to orient, come on you "O"s[/quote]Not even in 1972?

come on boys - thats not the spirit of the ole 59ers...is it???don''t you fret - i know we''ve been playing like an old division 3 side these days (in their honour), but surely naaarwich always do well as the underdogs - in which case, lets hope for an away tie to sheff utd...and as somebody suggested, maybe a draw up there and win down here will do ''em...mind u - we''ve gotta beat the charlton first...oopps///

Deary me just when you think things can''t get much worse we go and draw (most likely) sheffield united away from home....how many away ties have we had in the last 10 years?!Should we beat Charlton, then it''s also guarenteed to make our highlights be shown last once more, and anyone watchin ssn? They went through the draw, talked about 15/16 ties, the tie they didnt say anything about?...Yep you''ve guessed it.

[quote user="The Lord"]Deary me just when you think things can''t get much worse we go and draw (most likely) sheffield united away from home....how many away ties have we had in the last 10 years?!Should we beat Charlton, then it''s also guarenteed to make our highlights be shown last once more, and anyone watchin ssn? They went through the draw, talked about 15/16 ties, the tie they didnt say anything about?...Yep you''ve guessed it.[/quote]lol - yep - its uninteresting, insignificant,unfashionable,invisible little ole naaaarwich///

[quote user="The Lord"]Deary me just when you think things can''t get much worse we go and draw (most likely) sheffield united away from home....how many away ties have we had in the last 10 years?!

Should we beat Charlton, then it''s also guarenteed to make our highlights be shown last once more, and anyone watchin ssn? They went through the draw, talked about 15/16 ties, the tie they didnt say anything about?...Yep you''ve guessed it.
[/quote]

Out of interest Pete, how many away ties have we had in the last ten / fifteen years?

Obviously we still have to win the replay first but given where I live Sheffield Utd is good for me! 

We also have had a good recent run against them recenetly, and I particularly would look forward to Lupoli running rings around them in the same way We Love You used to!  The Blades fans really hated him! 

In the last 10 years:8 3rd round appearances 2 5th round appearancesIn the third round:5 Away draws (1 prem team (everton), 3 champs teams (Shef. wed, WHU and charlton) and 1 non-league, tamworth), 1 ending in replay (this year)5 Home draws ( Bury twice, Brighton, Chelsea and WHU (in championship), 3 ending in replays (Bury twice and Chelsea)In the forth round:1 Away (Blackpool, ended in replay)1 Home (Dagenham and Redbridge)In the fifth round:2 Away (Soton (finalists) and Chelsea (winners)Not fantastic eh?

[quote user="Fellas"]In the last 10 years:
8 3rd round appearances
2 5th round appearances

In the third round:
5 Away draws (1 prem team (everton), 3 champs teams (Shef. wed, WHU and charlton) and 1 non-league, tamworth), 1 ending in replay (this year)
5 Home draws ( Bury twice, Brighton, Chelsea and WHU (in championship), 3 ending in replays (Bury twice and Chelsea)

In the forth round:
1 Away (Blackpool, ended in replay)
1 Home (Dagenham and Redbridge)

In the fifth round:
2 Away (Soton (finalists) and Chelsea (winners)

Not fantastic eh?

[/quote]

Thanks for that fella''s....

So 6 out of 14 have been home ties, in all honesty I thought it was worse then that, so by theory the next two should be at home (although that won''t be the case should we beat charlton)

[quote user="Pc. Plod"]orient definately wont win and we probably wont win even if we do we can say bye bye to the FA cup next game as sheff td will rape us the way were playing at the minute (yes i know we beat them earlier in the season but still.....) and we always play shi*e against lower league teams and get nocked out[/quote]Positive then [:|]Out of interest, are you a copper?

[quote user="The Lord"]

Thanks for that fella''s....

So 6 out of 14 have been home ties, in all honesty I thought it was worse then that, so by theory the next two should be at home (although that won''t be the case should we beat charlton)

[/quote]You probably thought that because 8 of our last 10 League Cup draws have been away!NewcastleMK DonsNorthamptonTorquayRotherhamPort ValeBarnetRochdaleMan CityOnly Northampton and Barnet at home.

Missed another MK Dons away out of that list.

Assuming we get through (a dangerous assumption), I''d rather we got Orient as it''s a game we''d be more likely to win, and a different team to play and a different ground to visit. Seeing as we''re playing Sheffield United in the league this Saturday I don''t want to play them so soon afterwards like we did with Charlton.

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="missing in action"]never been to orient, come on you "O"s[/quote]Not even in 1972? [/quote]im 16...lol[/quote]What sort of excuse is that!