Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

Most intelligent poster?

Reading some of the remarks on this m/b I''d be interested to know who people consider to be the most intelligent poster... you don''t necessarily need to agree with what they say but they could put their point across in an eloquent and well-reasoned manner...

I know you don''t want to believe this, but Smudger does a great job of making his points while pappering them with some funny commentary.  If you see the world thought green and yellow colored glasses, and let your emotions get the better of you, then you miss a lot of what he writes because you have made up your minds about it before you''ve even read it. 

Is anyone going to suggest pete_norw is one of the most intelligent contributors here?

I thought not.

Why do we allways need these posts questioning who is the best poster, who contributes the most, who has the most valid points etc ... If I knew this messageboard was a competition I wouldn''t have joined ... I''d rather talk about Norwich City and football (it''s intended purpose) rather than point scoring against other posters ...

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]Why do we allways need these posts questioning who is the best poster, who contributes the most, who has the most valid points etc ... If I knew this messageboard was a competition I wouldn''t have joined ... I''d rather talk about Norwich City and football (it''s intended purpose) rather than point scoring against other posters ...[/quote]so why are you always trying to score points against me?[:S]

[quote user="CT "][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]Why do we allways need these posts questioning who is the best poster, who contributes the most, who has the most valid points etc ... If I knew this messageboard was a competition I wouldn''t have joined ... I''d rather talk about Norwich City and football (it''s intended purpose) rather than point scoring against other posters ...[/quote]

so why are you always trying to score points against me?[:S]
[/quote]

That''s totally different. I give you a bit of stick because I don''t agree with a lot of your posts and feel that you often post in an attempt to get your post count up. Everybody has opinions of other posters on here and that reflects in how they respond to your points. Just how my response to your points reflects what I think of them ...

How you respond to a certain person''s most is much different to all these threads containing competitions such as ''best poster''. Once in a blue moon maybe, but the last one wasn''t long ago, and neither was the one before that ...

[quote user="CT "]''I give you a bit of stick because I don''t agree with a lot of your posts''

so you give me stick because you dont agree with my posts? bit harsh if you ask me
[/quote]

Happens alot on here CT. Harsh it may be. But have I ever gone OTT and directly abused you. Somebody called Smudger an ''ugly ****'' in an earlier thread. Mello gives a bit of stick to Nutty. Beasount (or however you spell his name) gives a bit of stick to BlyBly, etc... All I do is reply in a manner that suggests I consider what you have written to be pointless. I don''t purposely intend to go out and give you stick. If I saw a post of yours in which I felt I could contribute to and I felt you had made a good contribution with it I would reply in a way that reflected that.

Btw. I don''t think you ever saw my reply to one of your posts. But C.T 2 and 3 for that matter ... was not me.

who''d do best on university challenge then? I answer about 3 questions per show! but then I guess you are referring to football based inteligence.

[quote user="CT "]tbf shaun your previous posts prove that you conduct yourself quite well and are quite articulate.

i''m just not too keen on your criticism of me [:P]
[/quote]

Thankyou. Well no I wouldn''t expect anybody to be happy with people giving them some stick. Just so happens when I feel the need to reply in that way you happen to be on the recieving end.

I don''t search around the messageboard looking for your posts so I can give you criticism. If you contribute in a good, worthy way to the forum I will reply in the way that your point deserves. That is, of course, if I have an opinion or anything to say on the subject ...

I think you''re all a bit fick... [;)]I do enjoy reading the likes of Blah, Nutty, good ole'' Ardee and Beauseant, and Macdougal''s Perm of course! 7Rew is pretty damn intelligent, and Marty seems clued up too.

Sometimes I think we all talk B o l l o k s. That’s because we care and passion can cloud our judgement. I don''t know who is the most intelligent poster but I do know that anybody who deals only in extremes, and there are a few doesn''t get my vote. I hope everybody posts with only the best intentions but some, a few make me wonder. OTBC

Everyone on this forum are most intelligent.....And would all hold their own as team-members on the new BBC student quizzy prog ''Universally Challenged'' - with hosts Bamber Gasket and Jeremy Pacman....Knowledge is Power....Unless your Christian name is Lee or Paul.

I luvs yez all.....sometimes. 

[quote user="cuckoo in the nest"]how do you measure intelligence , Shaun ?[/quote]

Intelligence of what? It''s a big category. Somebody can have a lot of Academic Intelligence, gaining top grades in school and excellent qualifications, yet they may have no social intelligence at all. Somebody may have a lot of intelligence when it comes to football, yet not have a clue when it comes to any other sport. If you are talking about overall intelligence, then the only way I could measure that is with people I regularly see. People I know well enough. For example, people I see at my school on a daily basis.

However, I don''t get the point your trying to make... If you were trying to make one? Or were you just curious?