Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

Most intelligent poster?

[quote user="John"]The most intelligent poster? I have to say that, although i consider him a little misguided in his general views upon the world, it is HoustonCanary. Although i often disagree with what he says, i have rarely encountered someone who could stand his corner so sternly and convincingly, regardless of how fragile the original argument may appear to be.[/quote]You''ve obviously never heard the phrase ''never argue with an idiot''....

Probably me.

3 A-Levels, two of which are in foreign languages

BA Hons in Political Science

PGCE in History

MA in Education

Case closed. lol.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

Are we talking "intelligence" here or are we simply discussing who we agree with?

The flock assembles.........

[/quote]

Exactly!

[quote user="Blainsey"]

Probably me.

PGCE in History

MA in Education

Case closed. lol.

[/quote]

is that all!! pppffft.. Simpleton ;) :p

jas :)

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="ncfc90"]Jas the Barclay King? is that a joke. He''s about as good at spelling as a primary school child. I would say Mr chops or Ardee[/quote]

You miss the point.  Jas has admitted to deliberately pretending to be stupid to wind us up.  It takes some intelligence to fabricate a character as an idea.   How bright must the guys behind Homer Simpson be?

[/quote]

thank you Cambridgecanary.... you are one of the people who can usually tell my "joke" posts from my real ones..... a lot of what i say is tongue in cheek.... most of what i say however is my own honest opinion....

The skilled eye can usually tell which is which.

jas :)

Ron Obvious, you are of course assuming that the big bang actually occured in your theory, so this may not be the case if you believe in string or brane theory.

[quote user="Blainsey"]

Probably me.

PGCE in History

MA in Education

Case closed. lol.

[/quote]

I can top that, PhD, do I win? I know nowt about footy mind.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Blainsey"]

Probably me.

PGCE in History

MA in Education

Case closed. lol.

[/quote]

[/quote]Is that PhD in blowing your own trumpet? What a sad thread this is.

[quote user="Marty"]I can top that, PhD, do I win? I know nowt about footy mind. [/quote]Considering yourself the Dr of Boobies and Bums doesn''t count, you know... [;)]

[quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="Blainsey"]

Probably me.

PGCE in History

MA in Education

Case closed. lol.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is that PhD in blowing your own trumpet? What a sad thread this is.
[/quote]

I actually find it quite interesting, each to his/her own. There''s more to life than just football you know, I think a debate about the existence of time could be fun and probably a lot more contructive that endless debate about how crap our manager is.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Marty"]I can top that, PhD, do I win? I know nowt about footy mind. [/quote]
Considering yourself the Dr of Boobies and Bums doesn''t count, you know... [;)]
[/quote]

if only you could study for a qualification on such a thing I''d do it all over again, i''d never miss a class! even homework could be fun.

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Marty"]I can top that, PhD, do I win? I know nowt about footy mind. [/quote]Considering yourself the Dr of Boobies and Bums doesn''t count, you know... [;)][/quote]

if only you could study for a qualification on such a thing I''d do it all over again, i''d never miss a class! even homework could be fun.

[/quote]Well the missus has gone away for the weekend due to a burst boiler and a lack of hot water and central heating... I''m taking the time to "revise" that very subject... [:)]

''Beaker'' for me! Rises above all the bullslit to see the funny side.

Also, can''t remember who it was, but the poster with the big summer takeover wind-up of the Wash being the new boom area and Norwich being the new Heathrow! Very funny for me sitting back and reading all you gullible sods being sucked into his story! The way he kept it going was pretty clever.

Shaun ncfc I find most of your posts totally irrelevant, everything you say gets on my nerves, so I would appreciate it if u stop posting on here!

[quote user="Rastaman"]

Shaun ncfc I find most of your posts totally irrelevant, everything you say gets on my nerves, so I would appreciate it if u stop posting on here!

[/quote]

OK Thankyou very much [:)] If I had noted any of your posts i''m sure I could say the same compliments back

[quote user="Rastaman"]

HAHA your a funny one, your just so serious and think u know everything. YOU DON''T

[/quote]

Thankyou very much, appreciated [:)] ''Sir'' ...

[quote user="Rastaman"]Do you get out much or are you on here 24/7 leaving sebsible comments which are a load of rubbish[/quote]

Hmmm. I think you will find this is the first (unless I came on this morning when I got up) time I have been on here today. If you must know, I''ve been out and about all day today. So in response to your question. Yes, I believe I do ''get out much''.

As for ''leaving sebsible comments which are a load of rubbish''. Not sure, thats for yours and others opinions. Whatever you think is fine by me.

[quote user="Marty"]Ron Obvious, you are of course assuming that the big bang actually occured in your theory, so this may not be the case if you believe in string or brane theory.[/quote]Not my theory. I always preferred Fred Hoyle''s Steady State Universe. Then background microwave radiation came along ..... ho hum ...Anyway, I thought the string/ brane stuff was posited to explain the Big Bang? As far as I know, all the empirical evidence supports the expansion of the Universe from a singularty umpty-ump (13.5 billion?) years ago, before which no thing existed. Therefore no time.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="Blainsey"]

Probably me.

PGCE in History

MA in Education

Case closed. lol.

[/quote]

[/quote]Is that PhD in blowing your own trumpet? What a sad thread this is.[/quote]

I actually find it quite interesting, each to his/her own. There''s more to life than just football you know, I think a debate about the existence of time could be fun and probably a lot more contructive that endless debate about how crap our manager is.

[/quote]I suppose it could well be.....on a Physics forum.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Planck proposed the constant as a formal proposition to solve some observed anomalities regarding Black Body Radiation. Scroedinger adopted it to successfully describe an atomic model where the electrons can only exist in permitted energy states. I used to be able to derive it from E=h*frequency & the general (time dependent) wave equation solution, but I seem to have forgotten how lately.I think I do rather more than 9 or 10 questions/episode of University Challenge, but I''ve never kept a tally. Biology & flags of all nations are my nemesis. Strangely, Literature is often my stromgest point.Time could not have existed before the Big Bang, as there were no objects to change their spatial relationship & therefore nothing to measure.

[/quote]Marty inspired me to keep count. Tonight, only counting answers where I was as quick as or quicker than the contestants, I got 28.I''m quite pleased.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="Blainsey"]

Probably me.

PGCE in History

MA in Education

Case closed. lol.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is that PhD in blowing your own trumpet? What a sad thread this is.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I also think it''s interesting but it''s not a competition, I think.

I have two degrees that have never helped me professionally except when writing about music which I do for fun and enjoyment (there''s no serious money in it).  It''s a relaxation to me but (I think) it makes that job easier.

I''m fluent in a couple of languages which have, over the years, been of tremendous professional help and my wife used to work as a translator in Italy and that''s been really useful as well.  She has an arts degree but more importantly is the really skilled DIY operative in the household - the one who can look at the Chinese inspired instructions in "flat packed for easy home assembly" and say:  "Okay, I see." [:$]

"No, no, stop swearing.  You''ve got it the wrong way round. Look, for goodness sake, get out of the way."[+o(]

all the empirical evidence supports the expansion of the Universe from a singularty umpty-ump (13.5 billion?) years ago, before which no thing existed. Therefore no time. - ron obvious

Maybe I''m mistaken, but wasn''t that "umpty-ump" shrinking down from something much bigger before it then expolded into the big bang?  If that IS the case, then perhaps there WAS time before, in the previous version of the universe.

Wow, what a thought!  I should enter it into my Captain''s Log before that weasel Spock take credit for it.