Sign in to follow this  
Sidney James

Tue Nov 25 Crystal Palace - we MUST Protest!!!

Just spoke to my son, and he was telling me at the game yesterday someone started moaning about Delia and the people around him started to have a go at him saying that she saved the club. How can she have saved the club when watling and his pals saved us in may 1996, and she didnt invest in the club till November 96? Im not great at maths but I can work that one out!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Just spoke to my son, and he was telling me at the game yesterday someone started moaning about Delia and the people around him started to have a go at him saying that she saved the club. How can she have saved the club when watling and his pals saved us in may 1996, and she didnt invest in the club till November 96? Im not great at maths but I can work that one out![/quote]

I was talking to a guy at the match yesterday and he said about Delia saving the club but he also acknowledged that she has had her time and a change was needed but I don''t think there is anyway he''d shout abuse at her to force the issue. I''d guess a high proportion of the fans feel the same way but there are probably a growing number who really see her as the wicked witch and will do anything to get her out.

She may well have helped the club a lot over the years but the fact is that she is now dragging us further into the mire and doesn''t seem to have a clue what to do about it, anyone who is angry at her has every right to be imo. If this was almost any other club in the country she''d have recieved far more abuse than she has here, the fact she has helped the club over the years would all be forgotten.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Also there was fighting breaking out between fans of different opinions, it''s getting like the Worthy Out year again. Sad to say. [/quote]

Oh no! not this in fighting again, so much for a united fan base.............and why is no one having a pop at others swearing on this thread? I know..................its because they''e not the 1st wizard![:|]

[quote user="porkyp"]You''re joking.......my protest as a season ticket holder will be to stay away..........and so should everybpdy else......then, and ony then, will the message get home
.........THAT WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THE S--T THAT ROEDER''S TEAM, AND THE MANAGERS BEFORE HIM, HAVE DISHED OUT.....
DELIA OUT
MWJ OUT
MUMBY OUT

AND ESPECIALLY THAT T--T DONCASTER.......P--SS OFF OUT OF OUR CLUB.
[/quote]

Sorry, but why would they worry about you staying away, they have already got your money. Good plan. Would it not be better to go and use your voice?

[quote user="CT feels helpless "]

IMO no protests will happen. People on here can talk a good game but when it comes to it, nothing happens.

[/quote]

Especially if we get a result at Forest CT.

Any slim chance of a protest depends on us losing that game![:|]

What exactly will a protest achieve? It''s all a bit late now isn''t it? The time for protesting was when there was still a chance for the Cullum deal to happen. Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted springs to mind. She has gone on the record saying that Keith Harris is being employed to find a buyer, until this happens (and god knows when that will be) we have no money to improve our failing squad or pay off our clueless manager. In short, protesting will change nothing. The only thing it will do is remove what little confidence the players have left.

I think the atmosphere will become hostile after another drubbing against the Scum at home!If we lose this by more than one goal without a fight, the fans will turn after the game.I could never hope for us to lose against the Binners but just maybe Mr Cullum will attend this match again this season?We just have to hope that it convinces him to save the club from what is surely League 1 and administration?Here is hoping!!!

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]What exactly will a protest achieve? It''s all a bit late now isn''t it? The time for protesting was when there was still a chance for the Cullum deal to happen. Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted springs to mind. She has gone on the record saying that Keith Harris is being employed to find a buyer, until this happens (and god knows when that will be) we have no money to improve our failing squad or pay off our clueless manager. In short, protesting will change nothing. The only thing it will do is remove what little confidence the players have left.[/quote]

Thing is it could take ages for a new buyer, by that time we could be right in the crapper!

[quote user="Marlingford Canary"]Well Im off Carp fishing till thursday night in France, be intrested to see if anything has been arranged when I get back.[/quote]

After suffering what''s been dished up by NCFC over the last few years I would have thought you would have seen enough carp to last a lifetime!

Seriously though I sympathise with your views. Some people ask, quite validly, ''what''s the point of protesting when Delia is looking to sell anyway?'' Well in my view whilst DS & MWJ may have made this superficial and belated gesture the next step is to get them to be realistic about the value of their shareholding and likelihood of repayment of their loans.

The only realistic way out of this mess as we stand is to entice PC back to the table as soon as possible and to do that means accepting his proposal of a majority shareholding for him through the issue of new shares in return for investment in the playing squad. Yes, the value of existing shares will be significantly reduced but DS and MWJ need to realise that something is better than nothing, which is what their shareholding and loans will be worth if things carry on as they are.

I would support any attempts to get this message across but it needs to be done in a grown up way. Protest yes but personal insults will just undermine any attempt at reason. Given the majority shareholders'' track record of reluctance to come to terms with reality and lack of foresight (not to mention strategy) it is perfectly valid to give them a push in the right direction.

Where is NCISA? I appreciate that they will have difficulties reconciling a range of views in their membership, similar to the situation outlined by Lucky Nine with Capital Canaries earlier in this thread. However they must make steps to clarify their stance if they want to be seen as the leading voice of NCFC fans. I would go so far as to say that only NCISA has the clout and respect to organise such an event, so over to you!

Its a hard decision to make for any of us fans who love this club and bleedd green and yellow but enough is enough and I''m now at the stage where I''m seriously thinking of missing the Palace game to make my own little protest but more importantly to save my sanity.

Sad times.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Also there was fighting breaking out between fans of different opinions, it''s getting like the Worthy Out year again. Sad to say. [/quote]

Oh no! not this in fighting again, so much for a united fan base.............and why is no one having a pop at others swearing on this thread? I know..................its because they''e not the 1st wizard![:|]

[/quote]

Says the man who wants us to lose nearly every game.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Just spoke to my son, and he was telling me at the game yesterday someone started moaning about Delia and the people around him started to have a go at him saying that she saved the club. How can she have saved the club when watling and his pals saved us in may 1996, and she didnt invest in the club till November 96? Im not great at maths but I can work that one out![/quote]

I was talking to a guy at the match yesterday and he said about Delia saving the club but he also acknowledged that she has had her time and a change was needed but I don''t think there is anyway he''d shout abuse at her to force the issue. I''d guess a high proportion of the fans feel the same way but there are probably a growing number who really see her as the wicked witch and will do anything to get her out.

She may well have helped the club a lot over the years but the fact is that she is now dragging us further into the mire and doesn''t seem to have a clue what to do about it, anyone who is angry at her has every right to be imo. If this was almost any other club in the country she''d have recieved far more abuse than she has here, the fact she has helped the club over the years would all be forgotten.

[/quote]

Spot on but unfortunately most of our fans are passionless mugs.

Plenty of fans around me were on their feet abusing Roeder when the third goal went in. At the end everyone was just talking about how poor a manager he is and we can''t get rid of him soon enough. How many chants testerday of Roeders green army?? Give you a clue if you wern''t there. Its a number slightly less than one.

Quite happy to protest against this vile excuse of a man but really can''t see the point of protesting against the board. Until  a buyer comes along there is nothing they can do. If they were to agree a takeover at a very reduced share price as several have suggested it would leave a hell of a lot of fans who are shareholders well out of pocket.  It''s a pointless discusion anyway as at the moment there is no buyer to even discuss price with.

Cullum never was and it appears never will be a serious buyer. His "offer" made through the press, was made in the full knowledge that it was nothing more than a joke and could not be taken seriously. Why he decided to stir everything up only he will ever know. It certainly wasn''t done with the clubs interest at heart. You wonder just how much of a fan he is anyway. Don''t believe he has been at more than one match home or away this year.

Me and about 100 mates and people I know from the Barclay and Snake Pit are going down to Carrow Road at 7pm before the Crystal Palace match and are going to demonstrate outside the main entrance of the City Stand!! We all feel enough is enough and after some of witnessing Roeders dispicable behaviour at the AGM im afraid his time up! We need to take action before its too late and another season is wasted. It will cost to get rid of Roeder and a cost I feel is necessary, the cost of relegation will be much more harmful to the club. We will also be making our voices heard about our disapproval of the Board and how they are running the club! We are currnently just numbers to them filling seats and funding the floodlights every week but they need to know how much we care about our club and how much we are concerned. I could write thousand of more sentences on why we demonstrating but you have heard them all before and know every one of them. This is why I/we urge you to join us at 7pm at the main entrance of the City Stand before the Crystal Palace game on the 25th November. Hope you join us and look forward to seeing you their.

Many Thanks

good luck rastaman,,,imo - best for all if the board are encouraged to go asap - its in their interests as well as NCFC - they can''t afford to bankroll city through a deep recession and why should they, make no mistake...

[quote user="Rastaman"]

Me and about 100 mates and people I know from the Barclay and Snake Pit are going down to Carrow Road at 7pm before the Crystal Palace match and are going to demonstrate outside the main entrance of the City Stand!! We all feel enough is enough and after some of witnessing Roeders dispicable behaviour at the AGM im afraid his time up! We need to take action before its too late and another season is wasted. It will cost to get rid of Roeder and a cost I feel is necessary, the cost of relegation will be much more harmful to the club. We will also be making our voices heard about our disapproval of the Board and how they are running the club! We are currnently just numbers to them filling seats and funding the floodlights every week but they need to know how much we care about our club and how much we are concerned. I could write thousand of more sentences on why we demonstrating but you have heard them all before and know every one of them. This is why I/we urge you to join us at 7pm at the main entrance of the City Stand before the Crystal Palace game on the 25th November. Hope you join us and look forward to seeing you their.

Many Thanks

[/quote]

Were you actually there? If so, please list all examples of this ''dispicable'' behaviour. I think you''ll struggle to make much of a list! Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story eh? By the way, what were your views of Roeder back in February? Almost unanimously amongst City fans he was the best manager for years and years. Yeah he made a sarcastic comment to one questioner who gave a 5 minute tirade of what he was such a useless manager. What was he supposed to say?? ''Yeah, mate I agree with you''!!

If you change the emphasis of the demo to make it anti Cook and leave GR alone (for now), I''ll be the first to join you. Can''t keep shooting the messenger you know.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]So we are going to make the manager a Scapegoat again then?

There is a constant in all this misery?

Try shouting F'' Off Delia!
[/quote]

spot on Snakepit, but do you hear that noise in the background? Yes that''s the souind of this useless penny pinching rotten waste of space of an NCFC Board still getting away with it, still taking most of the fans for the mugs that they are. Blame Roeder, blame the players, blame the fans, blame the recession, blame anything but the real culprits and the blessed "Saviour" of this club. And some people in Norfolk wonder why the outside world think we might be a bit thick!

Nevermind, I''m sure that all in charge are trying their utmost to find a buyer who will protect and invest in the club, as wonderfully as they have managed to do over the last 10 years.

Well well well - here we go again - sign up the get Worthington out squad - they are still justifying their actions - - I hope

We have had Grant - what a total disaster - paid off with money which we did not have to spend - Duffy as well - but lots of useless purchases - OK - except maybe two

Roeder is not doing well - but he''s not a magican - with his limited resources the team are not getting results

Another change would be diastrous and would certainly lead to relegation

I have said before that the Grant debacle would take 2 or 3 years to sort out - if you spend money badly, money that you did not have to spend, you cannot easily recover that position

We just have to abide our time and let Glenn move forward over a longer time horizon than the expectant fervant supporters can accommodate

Thats life , sit back for a while and give Glenn time

Another manager - , anothe rpayout, anothe rstep backwards

Yes we all want premiership football - but be realisic and

support the club and players

we need an experienced play maker in midfield - have not had one for nearly 2 years - loan an experienced midfielder to give us vision and good ball distribution and our current strikers might just get a few more chances and we just might start winning games

Why don''t you and you mates just continue supporting the club and hot orgahising negative activities which will help use towards Division 1 and 2 next season

[quote user="jbghost"]

Plenty of fans around me were on their feet abusing Roeder when the third goal went in. At the end everyone was just talking about how poor a manager he is and we can''t get rid of him soon enough. How many chants testerday of Roeders green army?? Give you a clue if you wern''t there. Its a number slightly less than one.

Quite happy to protest against this vile excuse of a man but really can''t see the point of protesting against the board. Until  a buyer comes along there is nothing they can do. If they were to agree a takeover at a very reduced share price as several have suggested it would leave a hell of a lot of fans who are shareholders well out of pocket.  It''s a pointless discusion anyway as at the moment there is no buyer to even discuss price with.

Cullum never was and it appears never will be a serious buyer. His "offer" made through the press, was made in the full knowledge that it was nothing more than a joke and could not be taken seriously. Why he decided to stir everything up only he will ever know. It certainly wasn''t done with the clubs interest at heart. You wonder just how much of a fan he is anyway. Don''t believe he has been at more than one match home or away this year.

[/quote]

Wrong, wrong wrong. Anything that we can do to hurry them up, we should do, they have apparently been "seeking investment" for God knows how long, and they haven''t managed it yet have they? How hard do you think they are actually looking for a buyer? A couple of wins and it will be all things wonderful again, and perhaps our brave little Norwich can sneak into the playoffs. I wouldn''t trust this lot with a piggy bank, and I wont believe that NCFC is up for sale until the ink is dry on the cheque. A cgeque which has hopefully got Cullum''s name on it.

The Club will not self destruct Malingford Canary and there is no need to make melodramatic suggestions that it will. The shareholders elect a Board of Directors to run the club and that is exactly what they are doing. I have no doubt that these same Directors have signed personal guaranees for the loans the club has taken out and the Directors will make sure the Club does not go down the pan because they, their business''s and their homes would also go down the pan if it did.

It may be that the club is relegated because the team does not win matches. That is the fault of the manager who trains the players, chooses the team and dictates the tactics.If the manager cannot do the job he should be replaced. I have read enough on this Message Board and I have had enough reports from my family who are at the games to believe GR needs to walk (not be sacked but to walk) and it is at GR you need to vent your ire. If you want to help the Club you should suggest a manager who is free, who wants to manage NCFC and who could do a meaningful job and then  present his name to fans and the Directors.

Standing up or sitting down or whatever is a very negative way to "help" the Club.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Rastaman"]

Many Thanks

[/quote]

Were you actually there? If so, please list all examples of this ''dispicable'' behaviour. I think you''ll struggle to make much of a list! Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story eh? By the way, what were your views of Roeder back in February? Almost unanimously amongst City fans he was the best manager for years and years. Yeah he made a sarcastic comment to one questioner who gave a 5 minute tirade of what he was such a useless manager. What was he supposed to say?? ''Yeah, mate I agree with you''!!

If you change the emphasis of the demo to make it anti Cook and leave GR alone (for now), I''ll be the first to join you. Can''t keep shooting the messenger you know.

[/quote]

Spot on mate, what''s the point of sacking Roeder while the clueless twits who appointed him are still in control of the club and will be responsible for appointing his successor. It''s the board you should be protesting against.

what is the point? what are you going to get from it?

if roeder is sacked how we going to pay him off. we are skint as it is!

if he was sacked we would have to find a new manager and this is really going to help the team keep changing managers season after season.

Bobert

If this club isn''t on the point of self destructing then I would love your description and timeline for such an occurance.

So we are, again, in the relegation mix. Or do you, like Munby, think there are plenty of games left yet?

Yes, the majority shareholders - ie Delia, Michael and Mr Foulger will lose a lot of money should we go into administration. Munby and Doncaster only own around 100 shares each, so it wouldn''t effect them too much financially - they already have other jobs. If the M shareholders are worried about losing their personal fortunes as you say, maybe then they should have constructed a better business plan, and sought additional investment before this point. They had the Turners on board (not in Cullum''s league, granted, but on board nevertheless). What happened, oh dear, now they have gone. And a loan to pay back to boot.

As for whose fault it is if we are relegated. Er, a mixture I would say. Mr Roeder, the team, bad luck, referees, the fans, anyone and everything but the board of directors. Umm....forgive me, but who appointed the manager. Oh, and the one before him, and before him, and before him. A pattern is emerging. 12 years they have been here and hey, one promotion, one play off final and one year in the Premiership. The rest? Exactly.

On one hand you are saying Mr Roeder should walk - then asking fans for suggestions for replacement. A bit confusing Bobert. I am sure there are many lower league managers who would see this job as a step up, but quite frankly the issue is more how long do we stay loyal to Mr Roeder and if we want to change him, can we afford to?

He is not really the major concern though.

We need the board to go. To keep replacing managers, however much we personally don''t rate them is merely treating symptoms, not the cause.

The board, if they want to save themselves must meet with fan groups and local business people to find a way forward. They must install someone with business acumen on the board and replace the CE. Some regular meetings with fans (as opposed to just shareholders) are long overdue. A meeting in St Andrews Hall for example. Give more people the opportunity to attend and put across their points of view.

But they must make a move Bobert. No more heads in the sand, no more denial. I am afraid to say that the messages from the AGM shows they still don''t grasp the desperate position we are in. Mr Munby saying we had plenty of games left, Delia saying she hadn''t sensed any hostility or acrimony in the ground. What planet do they inhabit? The club have personnel who go on every messageboard; read the local letters page, Mr Doncaster receives plenty of emails, yet none of this reaches Delia? I find that very hard to believe. Even the formerly board friendly AGM this year was very critical of progress.

All of us want to help the club, some will sing and support, some will protest (to get their feelings across). Some will just walk away, convinced nobody or nothing can help. One thing is for sure if we just sit and do nothing this club will be playing third division football in the very near future.