Sign in to follow this  
Sidney James

Tue Nov 25 Crystal Palace - we MUST Protest!!!

I do wish you would stop swearing 1st Wizard. It makes for unpleasent reading and does your cause no good. It is a sign of weak inteligence and sets a poor example for the younger users of this Message Board.

I agree with you Ellis206 . There is no point in protesting as players, fans, shareholders and Board all want better results. Cheers for Norwich are better than boos any day.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="The Lucky Nine"]

I wish you luck, most fans in the Barclay did not even boo at the end today!

Forget it mate, its not worth trying to organise, most of our fans seem happy to put up with what ever cr*p is served up each week.

Roeder out!

[/quote]

I believe you''re connected with Capital canaries so how about your group getting together with others to find a way forward ?

[/quote]

City Angel - I am a member of the Capitals and also NCISA.  The Capials were called by many on here to protest against Worthington at the end of his time with us.  I was the chairman at the time and took the time to talk to many of our members and I was suprised to find out that our membership all had very different views of the situation and it was agreed that we could not even make a statement as it would not have represented a majority view.  I suspect you would find a similar situation at the moment. The Capital Canaries was formed as supporters group to get people to and from games home and away as cheaply as possible and to create a community in the London area, not really to make a stance pro or anti the club. 

I think you have to look at the reaction today at the final, there was no real booing from the Barclay and I still wonder if the masses are anti board!!!

So you are happy to sit back and watch us self destruct?

Before you say, real fans support the team through thick and thin, ive done so and will continue to, I also want change for the better and dont want to see this club in league 1 in administration.

Ive not come on here to argue and accept you dont want to protest, thats fair enough, what im voicing is a way to get the message across - not essentialy a protest, maybe a boycott, maybe a minutes silence, im open to suggestions.

I want as little effect on the teams performence as possible, but at the same time we cant just ignore what is happening.

Of course the team needs our support right now, i understand that, but also you have to understand that some of us cant just sit there happy clappy pretending all is rosey when it clearly isnt!

[quote user="Marlingford Canary"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]We all expect that, MC, but what is needed is a manager who can mastermind such a performance. He looked pretty clueless today.
[/quote]

He has done for a while mate.

Good username, one of my favourite comedy charecters, although from Blackadder you cant beat General melchadt.

[/quote]

Yeah [:D], but i have to say Prince George takes some beating.

Or Nursey. ''That ent my real name'' [:D]

Blackadders xmas carol is the best sitcom xmas special of all time!

To be honest the original blackadder is not a patch on the 2nd 3rd or 4th.

....er hang on how did this debate change to blackadder???

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Because Baldrick would make a better manager than Glenn Roeder. [;)]
[/quote]

You are not wrong - hes always got a cunning plan!

"I have a cunning plan, Mr Roeder... why don''t we... play the right-sided players on the right side of the pitch, and the left-sided players on the left side of the pitch.""Shut up, Baldrick."

[quote user="The Lucky Nine"]

City Angel - I am a member of the Capitals and also NCISA.  The Capials were called by many on here to protest against Worthington at the end of his time with us.  I was the chairman at the time and took the time to talk to many of our members and I was suprised to find out that our membership all had very different views of the situation and it was agreed that we could not even make a statement as it would not have represented a majority view.  I suspect you would find a similar situation at the moment. The Capital Canaries was formed as supporters group to get people to and from games home and away as cheaply as possible and to create a community in the London area, not really to make a stance pro or anti the club. 

I think you have to look at the reaction today at the final, there was no real booing from the Barclay and I still wonder if the masses are anti board!!!

[/quote]

Fair comment . I''m surprised that there were no boos from the Barclay at the end, maybe people have just accepted our situation or maybe they have given up and just can''t be bothered anymore.

[quote user="The Lucky Nine"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="The Lucky Nine"]

I wish you luck, most fans in the Barclay did not even boo at the end today!

Forget it mate, its not worth trying to organise, most of our fans seem happy to put up with what ever cr*p is served up each week.

Roeder out!

[/quote]

I believe you''re connected with Capital canaries so how about your group getting together with others to find a way forward ?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought there was quite loud boos from the Barclay at the final whisle, there was quite a lot of boos during the game as well especially when their third goal went in. I think a very high percentage of people want Delia out but because they still remember what happened in 1996 they are reluctant to say a word against her.

Good idea - better than just whinging on here or doing nothing and therefore condoning the travesty that is the Norwich Board, Glen Roeder and Neil Doncaster. We''re sinking without a trace so lets take some positive action. How about agreeing a course of action and those that feel passionately enough to back you do so without hesitation.

[quote user="Marlingford Canary"]

[quote user="ellis206"]What exactly is the point of protesting? Delia is trying to sell up, there is nothing more she can do, what is a protest going to achieve? is it going to make a potential investor suddenly materialise out of thin air and buy us out? The only thing we can do is sit it out and be patient. [/quote]

Thats exactly the sort of attitude and type of supporter who will be happy clappy when we are playing the likes of Yeovil.

No offence mate, but theres still a lot of people out there like you who are just happy to sit back and let this mess happen.

We need to take action before its too late. I know its going to be hard to organise but what can we do?

How about a boycott or a minutes silence when the players come out to on the ball city?

[/quote]And what is wrong with Yeovil exactly? [:P][:O]Only joking, as it stands we (Yeovil) would be lucky to stay in League One. But through no fault of our own. We simply do not have the resources (we have the second smallest wage budget in the league).However, there is one vital difference between Yeovil and Norwich, and that is attitude;".. this season that slogan is "Little Club, Big Heart"http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/news/news.asp?NewsItemId=8095If only Norwich could take on that fighting attitude, hey?Yeovil are a small club, yet they put up a phenomenal fight against an expensively assembled Peterborough side today. There is a deep understanding between the players and the coaching staff, and everyone believes the club can survive against the odds this season. They will battle to the end, even if defeat is clearly on the horizon.Something that Norwich, sadly, do not do.

i was soooo angry after today... yes at the result, but mainly at the fans.... a guy who sits in the river end was shoating roeder out, munby out, delia out... and you know what half of our happy clappers were doing, yeah telling him to shut up and laughing at him...... he is about 70 and i know that for a fact, he has seen everything... everything.... he knows what he is talking about and he is right......... you fans are putting up with this and it makes me sick....!!!!!

ROEDER OUT INDEED....!!!

BOARD OUT.... INDEED!!!!!!

i promised my mates, lose or draw to palace and i protest... bollocks to that... i''m still angry now... i''m protesting anyhow..... END OF!!!!!

and i should not even start on about the game.... bloody roeder, why was doc only thrown up with a minute to go??? why???? stupid... left winger on the right, right on the left.... taking lupoli off when losing.... grrrr grrrr GRRRRR!!!!! IDIOT!!!!

ROEDER OUT!!!!!!

[quote user="Ciderkidd"][quote user="Marlingford Canary"]

[quote user="ellis206"]What exactly is the point of protesting? Delia is trying to sell up, there is nothing more she can do, what is a protest going to achieve? is it going to make a potential investor suddenly materialise out of thin air and buy us out? The only thing we can do is sit it out and be patient.
[/quote]

Thats exactly the sort of attitude and type of supporter who will be happy clappy when we are playing the likes of Yeovil.

No offence mate, but theres still a lot of people out there like you who are just happy to sit back and let this mess happen.

We need to take action before its too late. I know its going to be hard to organise but what can we do?

How about a boycott or a minutes silence when the players come out to on the ball city?

[/quote]
And what is wrong with Yeovil exactly? [:P][:O]
Only joking, as it stands we (Yeovil) would be lucky to stay in League One. But through no fault of our own. We simply do not have the resources (we have the second smallest wage budget in the league).
However, there is one vital difference between Yeovil and Norwich, and that is attitude;
".. this season that slogan is "Little Club, Big Heart"
http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/news/news.asp?NewsItemId=8095
If only Norwich could take on that fighting attitude, hey?

Yeovil are a small club, yet they put up a phenomenal fight against an expensively assembled Peterborough side today. There is a deep understanding between the players and the coaching staff, and everyone believes the club can survive against the odds this season. They will battle to the end, even if defeat is clearly on the horizon.

Something that Norwich, sadly, do not do.
[/quote]

No offence meant to yeovil mate, good luck in your relegation battle.

[quote user="Yella_Forever"]

i was soooo angry after today... yes at the result, but mainly at the fans.... a guy who sits in the river end was shoating roeder out, munby out, delia out... and you know what half of our happy clappers were doing, yeah telling him to shut up and laughing at him...... he is about 70 and i know that for a fact, he has seen everything... everything.... he knows what he is talking about and he is right......... you fans are putting up with this and it makes me sick....!!!!!

ROEDER OUT INDEED....!!!

BOARD OUT.... INDEED!!!!!!

i promised my mates, lose or draw to palace and i protest... bollocks to that... i''m still angry now... i''m protesting anyhow..... END OF!!!!!

and i should not even start on about the game.... bloody roeder, why was doc only thrown up with a minute to go??? why???? stupid... left winger on the right, right on the left.... taking lupoli off when losing.... grrrr grrrr GRRRRR!!!!! IDIOT!!!!

ROEDER OUT!!!!!!

[/quote]

Sums up how I feel tonight mate. Its hard to take sometimes. Something has to be done!

No worries, only a bit of banter. The part about the Small Club, Big Heart bit was serious though, and I do believe that if Norwich would adopt this it could get them out of their current predicament, at least for a little while until they get rid of Roeder and the Board.

Difficult to sum up the mood in my area today. Of the people in immediate rows around me there were boos when their 2nd and 3rd goals went in, a few shouted insults to the players, Delia and Roeder then there was a period of stunned silence - after that there were a few cheers as we passed the ball about and the loud guy behind me started off Y''army, which we sung for 20 mins or so.

There was booing at the end, and clapped, fairly mixed I would say. Also there was fighting breaking out between fans of different opinions, it''s getting like the Worthy Out year again. Sad to say.

Personally I won''t ever boo the team while they are on the pitch. It''s getting to the point where a lot of people have just given up too I think. There is anger and frustration. If we protest - fair enough, I can see it coming as emotions run high, but we all know there is no one to replace the board (at present) and we don''t have enough money to get rid of Roeder. Unless we can turn this around in the next few games we are going to go down, without any means of making change. Change will be forced upon us out of circumstances - not through our own decision making.

I can''t speak for anyone else, but I am worried, and I mean worried. There is nothing I can see that convinces me we will turn this around. Today there was some lovely football, but only in patches and all individual stuff (bar our first goal, which was an excellent move).

What happened then, we stepped off the gas and let them back into the game. Tactically the Swansea manager had it spot on. We lost heart and the nerves came back. Without changing personnel too much Roeder has to motivate and instill confidence into all of them and I am not convinced he can do it.

Delia can be forced if things get to Chase proportions, it''s bitter for them but they''re going to have to take a massive loss on the sale. Anyway, when the club are relegated and in administration, they will lose it all, Mr Cullum will step in with a bid of 1p to buy the club then and we can look forward to the Div 1 playoffs 2010. The king of deals is no fool, the price is plummeting by the day, £56 Million - you are having a laff!

You''re joking.......my protest as a season ticket holder will be to stay away..........and so should everybpdy else......then, and ony then, will the message get home.........THAT WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THE S--T THAT ROEDER''S TEAM, AND THE MANAGERS BEFORE HIM, HAVE DISHED OUT.....DELIA OUTMWJ OUTMUMBY OUTAND ESPECIALLY THAT T--T DONCASTER.......P--SS OFF OUT OF OUR CLUB.

I agree totally (see my post today "keep ball")

We as a group of supporters must all voice the facts together as 1

Yes Delia is trying to sell but she doesn''t hear us making our point because we are apathetic, while there are divisions on the terraces the club does whatever and says whatever it likes!

OTBC since 1969

After the 3rd goal went in I stood up in the Barclay and shouted F..k off roeder...no one else joined in tho, I have never hated any of our managers until now.