Sign in to follow this  
Sidney James

Tue Nov 25 Crystal Palace - we MUST Protest!!!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]So we are going to make the manager a Scapegoat again then?

There is a constant in all this misery?

Try shouting F'' Off Delia!
[/quote]

Spot On Sankepit... [Y]

I will join in when I hear somebody else finally say it loud and clear though... because until now I haven''t heard a dicky bird from anybody else at Carrow Road when it comes to insulting HRH Delia.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Just spoke to my son, and he was telling me at the game yesterday someone started moaning about Delia and the people around him started to have a go at him saying that she saved the club. How can she have saved the club when watling and his pals saved us in may 1996, and she didnt invest in the club till November 96? Im not great at maths but I can work that one out![/quote]

I had to listen to somebody telling me this old nonsense in the pub on Saturday evening too Arthur... [:D] [:$]

[quote user="Glutton for Punishment"]

[quote user="Marlingford Canary"]Well Im off Carp fishing till thursday night in France, be intrested to see if anything has been arranged when I get back.[/quote]

After suffering what''s been dished up by NCFC over the last few years I would have thought you would have seen enough carp to last a lifetime!

Seriously though I sympathise with your views. Some people ask, quite validly, ''what''s the point of protesting when Delia is looking to sell anyway?'' Well in my view whilst DS & MWJ may have made this superficial and belated gesture the next step is to get them to be realistic about the value of their shareholding and likelihood of repayment of their loans.

The only realistic way out of this mess as we stand is to entice PC back to the table as soon as possible and to do that means accepting his proposal of a majority shareholding for him through the issue of new shares in return for investment in the playing squad. Yes, the value of existing shares will be significantly reduced but DS and MWJ need to realise that something is better than nothing, which is what their shareholding and loans will be worth if things carry on as they are.

I would support any attempts to get this message across but it needs to be done in a grown up way. Protest yes but personal insults will just undermine any attempt at reason. Given the majority shareholders'' track record of reluctance to come to terms with reality and lack of foresight (not to mention strategy) it is perfectly valid to give them a push in the right direction.

Where is NCISA? I appreciate that they will have difficulties reconciling a range of views in their membership, similar to the situation outlined by Lucky Nine with Capital Canaries earlier in this thread. However they must make steps to clarify their stance if they want to be seen as the leading voice of NCFC fans. I would go so far as to say that only NCISA has the clout and respect to organise such an event, so over to you!

[/quote]

The NCISA are at least having a committee meeting tomorrow evening and I believe have agreed to canvass all of their members.

A bit late maybe (granted)... but at least they are doing something.

What are you doing and what are Capital Canaries and the other so called fans groups out there doing???

Yeah NOTHING as usual!!! [:$]

[quote user="jbghost"]

Plenty of fans around me were on their feet abusing Roeder when the third goal went in. At the end everyone was just talking about how poor a manager he is and we can''t get rid of him soon enough. How many chants testerday of Roeders green army?? Give you a clue if you wern''t there. Its a number slightly less than one.

Quite happy to protest against this vile excuse of a man but really can''t see the point of protesting against the board. Until  a buyer comes along there is nothing they can do. If they were to agree a takeover at a very reduced share price as several have suggested it would leave a hell of a lot of fans who are shareholders well out of pocket.  It''s a pointless discusion anyway as at the moment there is no buyer to even discuss price with.

Cullum never was and it appears never will be a serious buyer. His "offer" made through the press, was made in the full knowledge that it was nothing more than a joke and could not be taken seriously. Why he decided to stir everything up only he will ever know. It certainly wasn''t done with the clubs interest at heart. You wonder just how much of a fan he is anyway. Don''t believe he has been at more than one match home or away this year.

[/quote]

and as if to illustrate your point beautifully fearofambition.... jbghost has given you a prime example of a passionless soul right here... [:$]

Some people still believe all the bull that comes out of the bullroom at Carrow Road it seems... [+o(]

Blimey, Todger smells rebellion and turns up with his usual 10 posts in a row.  Always nice to hear from him....

[quote user="Roeder to Nowhere"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Soldier on"]

we should be very clear that any demonstration should be anti board.  Once board is taken care of Roeder will likely follow anyhow.

so Sack the board demo and im there

[/quote]

Er? how do you sack people who effectively ''own'' the club?

Roeder is the only ''plausible'' target!

[/quote]

You don''t care who goes do you? You don''t really give a toss about our club, just as long as there''s trouble.

[/quote]

Not true, and this time, stop being dim and try and listern!

You simply cannot sack someone who owns something ie club............its physically and legally impossible!

Jeez![:''(]

[/quote]

But she can run away herself if she is made to feel unwelcome Wiz...

It is ridiculous tragetting Roeder as no manager will do any better working for this lot.

The board are the clueless ones who have led the blind for a number of years and it should be them and them only who the current anger is directed towards.

[/quote]

I have to disagree Smudger. Roeder picks the team, formation and tactics.

I''ll give you Kieron Gibbs as an example.  A good player, brought here on loan, and on the whole crap.  Back at Arsenal for pre-season and was superb against Wigan the other night.  Coincidence?  I don''t think so.  Down, ultimately, to Roedent.

[/quote]That''s a bit unfair on Roeder. At Arsenal, Gibbs was playing with other Arsenal youngsters, being coached by what is widely perceived as one of the best coaching setups in the world to play beautiful, incisive one-touch passing football. It''s very harsh to blame Roeder if Gibbs doesn''t look like a world-beater in a mediocre side in the physical hurly-burly of the Championship. I''m not a huge fan of Roeder by any stretch of the imagination, but he has at least showed some desire to try and play passing football, unlike Grunt. The board are much more responsible for our current plight than Roeder is.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Roeder to Nowhere"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Soldier on"]

we should be very clear that any demonstration should be anti board.  Once board is taken care of Roeder will likely follow anyhow.

[/quote]

[/quote]

You don''t care who goes do you? You don''t really give a toss about our club, just as long as there''s trouble.

[/quote]

You simply cannot sack someone who owns something ie club............its physically and legally impossible!

[/quote]

It is ridiculous tragetting Roeder as no manager will do any better working for this lot.

The board are the clueless ones who have led the blind for a number of years and it should be them and them only who the current anger is directed towards.

[/quote]

I''ll give you Kieron Gibbs as an example.  A good player, brought here on loan, and on the whole crap.  Back at Arsenal for pre-season and was superb against Wigan the other night.  Coincidence?  I don''t think so.  Down, ultimately, to Roedent.

[/quote]
That''s a bit unfair on Roeder. At Arsenal, Gibbs was playing with other Arsenal youngsters, being coached by what is widely perceived as one of the best coaching setups in the world to play beautiful, incisive one-touch passing football. It''s very harsh to blame Roeder if Gibbs doesn''t look like a world-beater in a mediocre side in the physical hurly-burly of the Championship. I''m not a huge fan of Roeder by any stretch of the imagination, but he has at least showed some desire to try and play passing football, unlike Grunt. The board are much more responsible for our current plight than Roeder is.
[/quote]

Really?  Did the Board tell Roedent to play Fatty Matty Patty on the right and Bell on the left?

[quote user="Roeder to Nowhere"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Soldier on"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe Delia should employ you as manager next then???

Lets see how long you last with no transfer budget and having to borrow a few quid off Carl Moore to bring in a striker with proven ability shall we???

I said Roeder was pants and just on a honeymoon period when we were on the 13 match unbeaten streak... but getting shot of him now will achieve absolutely nothing.

[quote user="Roeder to Nowhere"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Roeder to Nowhere"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Soldier on"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]That''s a bit unfair on Roeder. At Arsenal, Gibbs was playing with other Arsenal youngsters, being coached by what is widely perceived as one of the best coaching setups in the world to play beautiful, incisive one-touch passing football. It''s very harsh to blame Roeder if Gibbs doesn''t look like a world-beater in a mediocre side in the physical hurly-burly of the Championship. I''m not a huge fan of Roeder by any stretch of the imagination, but he has at least showed some desire to try and play passing football, unlike Grunt. The board are much more responsible for our current plight than Roeder is.[/quote]

Really?  Did the Board tell Roedent to play Fatty Matty Patty on the right and Bell on the left?

[/quote]What, the same David Bell who was the best City player by a mile on the left of midfield against Preston? Patty on the right I agree is strange - I said in my last post I''m not a big fan of Roeder, but using Kieran Gibbs as a stick to beat him with is unnecessarily harsh, for the reasons I underlined above. If you''re looking for deficiencies then I''d say the continual selection of Omozusi over Otsemobor and the Koroma and Archibald-Henville loan fiascos would be much more reasonable accusations.

This is a protest the Board and the Manager, the Board are mainly responsible for the mess we find ourselves in but Roeder is not free of any responsibilty himself. He has made plenty of mistakes player wise and tactically which the whole stadium can see are failing but won''t lose face and sticks by them. Take Lappin for example, one of the best players tactically at the club but as he refused a Loan move to Motherwell (as he would have had a 50% pay cut) and wanted to prove himself at Norwich, Roeder fell out with him and has not spoken to him since despite the fact he could do a very decent job in our side at the moment. After every match he says the team is not playing well enough, fair enough when he had P Grant''s team but now he has his players in, it his job to get the players playing well (motivate them, boost their morale, give them confidence). That is why you should join us at 7pm before the Crystal Palace game and protest for the good and future of our club!!!!

[quote user="Rastaman"]This is a protest the Board and the Manager, the Board are mainly responsible for the mess we find ourselves in but Roeder is not free of any responsibilty himself. He has made plenty of mistakes player wise and tactically which the whole stadium can see are failing but won''t lose face and sticks by them. Take Lappin for example, one of the best players tactically at the club but as he refused a Loan move to Motherwell (as he would have had a 50% pay cut) and wanted to prove himself at Norwich, Roeder fell out with him and has not spoken to him since despite the fact he could do a very decent job in our side at the moment. After every match he says the team is not playing well enough, fair enough when he had P Grant''s team but now he has his players in, it his job to get the players playing well (motivate them, boost their morale, give them confidence). That is why you should join us at 7pm before the Crystal Palace game and protest for the good and future of our club!!!![/quote]

Can you type that any bigger I can''t quite make out what you are writing lol

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="The Lucky Nine"]

I wish you luck, most fans in the Barclay did not even boo at the end today!

Forget it mate, its not worth trying to organise, most of our fans seem happy to put up with what ever cr*p is served up each week.

Roeder out!

[/quote]

I believe you''re connected with Capital canaries so how about your group getting together with others to find a way forward ?

[/quote]

You are having a laugh aren''t you CA???

Capital Canaries and the other so called supporters groups don''t give a monkeys whether we win, lose or draw... as long as they have a jolly nice day out then they are all happy so it seems... [+o(]

[/quote]Smudger, I think we went here a bit in the Trowel and hammer. As I said about the Northern Canaries, they are not set up to take political stances, they encompass a whole load of different view points. if they came out with "a stance" it might alienate a section of their people and so less might turn up to go away. By all means get set up and protest, I don''t think the supporters groups are necessarily the conduit.

This would be the protesting equivelent of buying off ebay from someone with zero feedback, wouldn''t it ?Roeder has had money - I''m sure I read that this is the 8th most expensive squad in the league on player wages.What he hasn''t had much of is time with the new squad.  So many changes, and we''re only 16 games in.  There''s still time to turn it around this season.

Ok Roeder hasnt done miracles.But WHO is going to be able to take an average team to a team challenging at the right end of the table when the board are hiding money from the manager.No-one would have been able to bring in the quality loans he has. No-one would of had the contacts to bring in the players he has.If he had the money he deserved, we would be at the right end. Roeder may be part of the problem but he isnt the problem. For me the board are!

What a funny post. Would you like to name your 100 ''mates'' LOL

And your solution when you''ve burned the board and strung up the manager is.......what?

playing wide players on the opposite wing to their natural playing side is a consequence of playing 433/451 without a target man. better to cut back and in than cross.

Remember that right footed player we played on the left occasionally?

Ah ! good a demonstration, Wish we could agree what the protest is about !

Is it Roeder ? For putting his foot in his mouth at the AGM or for getting a good, strong squad together only to find they don''t play well together.

Or is it the board ? For going out and looking for new investment, or maybe the protest is about turning down Mr Cullum who did not want to buy shares but wanted to create his own and take charge of the club, what was the motive there ?

Go ahead and protest but you will not find me there ''till the protest is valid.

Snakepit boys said:

Wizard,

After years of callling for her head, the time to make a stand comes and you fall for the scapegoat again!

Pathetic!!

Thats very unfair Snakepit, I want her out more than anyone, but we simply have no clout to do that! I will not waste my time on the impossible.

Roeder is the one who will destroy our team in the short term, and he must go first.

If a new board came in they might give him a further 6 months, and by that time......................[*-)]

[quote user="idi Amin"]

[img]http://pds5.egloos.com/pds/200701/26/08/c0045208_09014845.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

LMFAO[:D][Y]

[quote user="Tubez"]Ok Roeder hasnt done miracles.

But WHO is going to be able to take an average team to a team challenging at the right end of the table when the board are hiding money from the manager.

No-one would have been able to bring in the quality loans he has.

No-one would of had the contacts to bring in the players he has.

If he had the money he deserved, we would be at the right end.

Roeder may be part of the problem but he isnt the problem. For me the board are!

[/quote]

So which of these quality loans apart from Lita are an improvement on what we had / have?

Haven''t seen much evidence to justify their massive wage drain on the club.

[quote user="Chrisr"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="The Lucky Nine"]

I wish you luck, most fans in the Barclay did not even boo at the end today!

Forget it mate, its not worth trying to organise, most of our fans seem happy to put up with what ever cr*p is served up each week.

Roeder out!

[/quote]

I believe you''re connected with Capital canaries so how about your group getting together with others to find a way forward ?

[/quote]

You are having a laugh aren''t you CA???

Capital Canaries and the other so called supporters groups don''t give a monkeys whether we win, lose or draw... as long as they have a jolly nice day out then they are all happy so it seems... [+o(]

[/quote]

Smudger, I think we went here a bit in the Trowel and hammer. As I said about the Northern Canaries, they are not set up to take political stances, they encompass a whole load of different view points. if they came out with "a stance" it might alienate a section of their people and so less might turn up to go away. By all means get set up and protest, I don''t think the supporters groups are necessarily the conduit.

[/quote]

Yes I know this was discussed at The Trowel and Hammer Chris where you confirmed what most of us thought about many supporters groups with regards to the Northern Canaries.

You didn''t hear me saying that I or anybody else thought that was all fine and dandy though did you?

I think it is a sad state of affairs if you guys can''t travel to matches together but have differing opinions on what you see or the way the club is run.

Surely these groups would be better groups if the gave people in them an outlet for opinion also???

Pointless thread. What exactly is the point in protesting to get rid of the board and Roeder?

Sack the board! Well....the board own the club, and are trying to find new investment. What exactly are the board going to do? - walk away from a masive investment in both terms of money and time?

Sack Roeder! And then pay him off with the money we haven''t got?

Only way of things improving is if the clubs goes into administration, or a huge back comes in.