Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Boycot the games.

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Probably the most ridiculous decision that I have heard on here, We are in financial trouble you muppet. I dont want the current board anymore than you. however,  I myself may buy an extra Pie and an extra Pint at this moment in time!
[/quote]

In which case why did the Board turn down Cullum''s money last f****** year!!!!!

[/quote]

They didn''t!!

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

Lets stick with a failing board then. With no investment this club is rubber ducked. Extreme circumstances require extreme solutions.

We already have no money so the situation cant get any worse. Besides with 20k seasons tickets the club have robed us of our well earned money already.

The last two games were there for the taking, dont forget that.

[/quote]

20,000 season ticket holders... the board already have our cash.. so boycotting wont make 1 jot fo difference....

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

Lets stick with a failing board then. With no investment this club is rubber ducked. Extreme circumstances require extreme solutions.

We already have no money so the situation cant get any worse. Besides with 20k seasons tickets the club have robed us of our well earned money already.

[/quote]

20,000 season ticket holders... the board already have our cash.. so boycotting wont make 1 jot fo difference....

[/quote]

It would show intent though Jas. This is the prob with Norwich. The team can underperform all they like and the turnstiles still swing like propellars. We have to show the board that enough is enough. 

So what you''re saying then is that you''d prefer us not to have 20,000 season ticket holders? Thus adding to our finacial headache.

Listen, you boycott games if you like. I''ll keep going and supporting the team, they have my money already, and they''ll probably have it again next season.

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

So what you''re saying then is that you''d prefer us not to have 20,000 season ticket holders? Thus adding to our finacial headache.

Listen, you boycott games if you like. I''ll keep going and supporting the team, they have my money already, and they''ll probably have it again next season.

[/quote]

Just probably? Not ''will'' have your dosh then?......

A few hundred may, if that. I''d rather eat pies at half time and enjoy watching the opposition play football in the Jarrold thanks.

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

[/quote]

The team clearly dont respond to your support. Maybe you should try harder. And to quite happly admit that you are being ripped off without giving two hoots is sad.

The Canary Fan is just an Ipswich fan in disguise (Or a pig ignorant  person!)

Poor Delia has thrown away 10 million, YES 10 MILLION pounds trying to help our beloved club, and some **** comes on line saying "Delia Out"

BOG OFF and don''t come back

[quote user="Poringland Canary"]

Poor Delia has thrown away 10 million, YES 10 MILLION pounds trying to help our beloved club, and some **** comes on line saying "Delia Out"

[/quote]

Let me guess, you took your kids to the game tonight? TIT

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Poringland Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

hahaha chuckle, chuckle... [:D]

[quote user="row"]exactly !!! we need to protest[/quote]

Smudgepoo is your man - he rings the local press and telly and tells them about the protest then sits in the pub.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="row"]exactly !!! we need to protest[/quote]

Smudgepoo is your man - he rings the local press and telly and tells them about the protest then sits in the pub.

[/quote]

Ah yes Wass but you are forgetting Smudge has the backing of Sludge now , that will make a lot of difference from now onwards....arrdee.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]Let me guess, you took your kids to the game tonight? TIT[/quote]Children and families at a football game...its ridiculous!Affordable season tickets? The board are evil!NCFC isn''t an 18-30 club (holiday).

This kind of comment makes me REALLY ANGRY!!!

Have you forgotten we have a brand new side this season and unfortunately this is not Roy of the Rovers and success takes time...

Put your energy into stuff you can impact such as getting behind the boys on a Saturday afternoon....

Just ignore them Rocky, they are all talk and no action, anyway you would have thought they learnt their lesson from the last time they started to protest with "Worthy out" , that was a great move for the club wasn''t it...... been so successful since! yet they still won''t admit they are wrong!

After todays developments we have no choice. We are not moving forward as a club.

[/quote]

thecanaryfan 3 points seperate 10 teams, i am sure that many of the other teams boards are not so full of negative supporters, Please explain to me your opinions on bringing the club forward?? Its not as simple as Delia giving the club x amout of cash, and if you think the answer is for a new investor to come onboard then its obvious by now that no one is interested (or should i say interested for the right reasons). Also would you be willing to gamble you life savings on the hope that the club may someday be back where it belongs in the top tier of English football, If not why do you expect Delia to do the same?? I look forward to your reply

OTBC

Macca

After todays developments we have no choice. We are not moving forward as a club.

[/quote]

thecanaryfan 3 points seperate 10 teams, i am sure that many of the other teams boards are not so full of negative supporters, Please explain to me your opinions on bringing the club forward?? Its not as simple as Delia giving the club x amout of cash, and if you think the answer is for a new investor to come onboard then its obvious by now that no one is interested (or should i say interested for the right reasons). Also would you be willing to gamble you life savings on the hope that the club may someday be back where it belongs in the top tier of English football, If not why do you expect Delia to do the same?? I look forward to your reply

OTBC

Macca

[/quote]"We already have no money so the situation cant get any worse."I Think this is possibly the single most retarded sentence I have ever read on these boards and that is quite an achievement. It is such a stupid thing to say I am not even going to put forward obvious examples of how it could get worse. Please think or go away....

[/quote]

I just don''t get this attitude. How did you first start going to games? Did your Dad send you off with a City scarf on and ten quid in your pocket and tell you to follow the noise? There have always been families at football games it''s just that the makeup of those families have changed in that they are more likely to include a Mother and be middle class rather than working class. It''s a national trend and certainly not peculiar to Carrow Road. Do you honestly think those kids will want to keep going to watch Norwich if performances are dire or are they likely to switch to supporting Man Utd or Chelsea?

Having said that there are still plenty of single men and women who go to the games without their kids and who could get involved in a boycott if they wanted to. They won''t though because they''re gutless wonders. It''s far easier to come on here with a ''Delia Out'' sig and abuse anybody who dares to still enjoy going to Carrow Road from the anonymity of their computers. There have been rumblings of discontent on here towards the board for as long as I''ve been posting here but not one poster has had the guts to do anything about it.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

I just don''t get this attitude. How did you first start going to games? Did your Dad send you off with a City scarf on and ten quid in your pocket and tell you to follow the noise? There have always been families at football games it''s just that the makeup of those families have changed in that they are more likely to include a Mother and be middle class rather than working class. It''s a national trend and certainly not peculiar to Carrow Road. Do you honestly think those kids will want to keep going to watch Norwich if performances are dire or are they likely to switch to supporting Man Utd or Chelsea?

Having said that there are still plenty of single men and women who go to the games without their kids and who could get involved in a boycott if they wanted to. They won''t though because they''re gutless wonders. It''s far easier to come on here with a ''Delia Out'' sig and abuse anybody who dares to still enjoy going to Carrow Road from the anonymity of their computers. There have been rumblings of discontent on here towards the board for as long as I''ve been posting here but not one poster has had the guts to do anything about it.

[/quote]

Absolutely spot on Shack!

[quote user="Neil_MacLeod"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

OTBC

Macca

[/quote]

The fact 3 points seperate 3teams isnt the issue Macca. Its called downward spiral. The symtoms are as clear as the nose on your face:

1) Persistent tinckering with the team signals a lack of faith with any .

2) Star players dropped to the bench. Ala Hoolahan and Lupoli.

3) Failling to score against 2 of the poorest teams in the Championship.

4) Lack of height in the squad. Arially we cant compete with any other team in the league. Roeder knew this when he arrived and has done sod all about it, now it is too late.

5) Persistance with fielding underperforming players. Fotheringham is possably the worst set piece taker I have ever witnessed play proffesional football. He has no vision, all he ever does is tap the ball sideways. He creates nothing for the team. Why cant people see this.

It seems to me that Roeder has sacrificed midfield and attack to save our defence. We are conceeding less goal but our midfield is persistantly second to the ball. 

We have no money and therefore no escape route. Unless punitive measures are adopted things wont change.

And to top it all off we are going to sell Steers to Chealsea for £250k, increasing his value to Â£2m straight away. That £250k will dissapear into thin air just like the Shackell money.

Shack, agreed, I think most of us of a certain age (shall we say 30+) can remember going to football with our dad/grandad as a starting point. It''s not so different now, whether you are working/middle class whatever that means in footballing terms. I took both my kids to football from a young age - they were lucky as this coincided with our best recent footballing period in the early and mid 90s. If they were 6-8 yrs now I wonder if they would want to go each week? Not sure. I would probably have made them go though.

Yes, there are plenty of single men and women who go to games and could protest. Just as there were during the Chase period - What is the difference now? For me it was the swift fall from grace from being 3rd in the table, Europe, etc etc to bust. This time the fall has not been quite so swift and we should look at the past to learn for the future and not get involved in anything which would damage the club. I personally won''t protest again, I have done enough of it and think the solution to our problems this time has to be left to those in control to remedy. They say they are talking to potential investors. That is at least a definite change in tack and we can only hope there is someone who is willing to help fund the club. If not then it''s more of the same, a steady decline, along with several other clubs I would guess.

We have made serious mistakes not investing in the team at key points over the past few years, but we can''t go back we have to go forward and hope that Munby and Doncaster can entice some real money into the club. It''s heartbreaking to watch our great club in this position and I am as angry as many on here who want to protest.

We are in a mess no question, the club being held to ransom by Premier clubs to play their loan players (sometimes out of position) and latterly to the detriment of Roeder creating a solid team who can gel and go forward. At present we are living from day to day and no forward planning can be made. If no investor comes I really fear for the future of our club, but booing and protesting is not going to solve it or make the problems go away.

Cheers Gazza I always enjoy reading your posts [Y]

The point I was trying to make with my working/middle class comparison was that a lot of the families who attend football these days are probably a lot more affluent than they were when I first started going. Nothing to do with class really but I couldn''t think of another way to describe it [:$]. The only reason I brought it up was that I occasionally see this blamed on ''Delia''s Little Family Club'' or some such nonsense when it''s quite clearly a national trend. Plus I''m sick of certain posters having a pop at family groups going to games and blaming all of our problems on them. I''ve got a son and a daughter and when they''re old enough I will take them to Carrow Road if they''re interested. Will that mean that my opinion is no longer valid to certain people [:^)]

I fully agree that that our problems should be left to those in charge to remedy. The current situation is cleary becoming untenable with the majority shareholders having had to give more money to the club this year to cover the shortfall caused by the Turners departure. We''re already being warned that things will probably be substantially worse when the next set of accounts are published. and that''s presumably without taking into account what effect the current global economic conditions could have on attendances, merchandise etc. in future. The club has said that they are in talks with potential investors and we should let them get on with this and hope these talks are brought to a swift conclusion.

That said if this drags on for too long and fans want to protest or boycott games I won''t try and stop them. But my point was that we''ve been here before with various people appointing themselves leaders of protests and despite all the bluster from certain posters nobody ever turns up!

Thanks Shacks. I understand where you are coming from. I think, looking back my family were probably middle class people on a working class wage, however my dad decided (thankfully) that the time he spent with his children was going to centre around CR. I will always be grateful for that. Since then I in turn took my two children - just because you grow up and have kids doesn''t make your opinion any less valid. I don''t like the term family club much, the reason so many families are now attending is due to football having more family friendly prices. I endured the River End and South Stand while my kids were young and money was tight. It didn''t stop us supporting and to say any group of fans are better than another is nonsense. Don''t let it upset you Shack. Football during the past 10-15 years has become more fashionable I suppose and no doubt our recent promotion year encouraged a few more supporters to take out season tickets. However our large crowds are made up from a significant section of concessions. The club has to balance that - will they all remain supporters and go on to be fully priced season ticket holders. I guess most will.

We all know that the club is leaking money and debt is growing by the day. The board have to address this pretty soon or we are all in danger of losing the club. The debt maybe managed inside the club, but look what''s happening in the financial world. Three years ago, who would have thought of major banks going into liquidation.

Will many fans have to give up their season tickets, family day out to CR? A few maybe. What worries me is that the board have dithered too long in seeking out serious investment and the investment they recently secured (Turners) has left a big hole on their departure.

The talks with whoever it is we all have to hope will be swift and good news for all concerned. Protests - who knows, I can''t see it at present really, a few boos maybe, but unless the board come out and actively announce they have turned a legitimate investor down, I can''t see it.

As for protestors on this messageboard. We saw a few in the Worthy Out times, but I don''t think even most of them would be interested now. A manager is probably fairly easily replaced, a board not so easy. Unless one of us wins Euro millions.

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Probably the most ridiculous decision that I have heard on here, We are in financial trouble you muppet. I dont want the current board anymore than you. however,  I myself may buy an extra Pie and an extra Pint at this moment in time![/quote]

In which case why did the Board turn down Cullum''s money last f****** year!!!!!

[/quote]They didn''t, he didn''t make an offer. Keep up.

[quote user="Wighty"]The difference is that not enough of our regular home support give a toss. Can anyone seriously imagine the common ilk of the Jarrold to kick up a stink after or before a game? Not with their kids present.
[/quote]

Are you having a laugh or what, most people sit in the Jarrold Library on a saturday afternoon just to have a kip, if you get to excited over thier they tell you to shut up

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It would show intent though Jas. This is the prob with Norwich. The team can underperform all they like and the turnstiles still swing like propellars. We have to show the board that enough is enough. 

[/quote]

i do agree there to be honest with you.. but its very difficult for someone like me to pay out all that money for a season ticket then justify not going... credit crunch etc means that i should really get my "moneys worth" even if its apprent that im not... im just not in a financial position to justify leaving an empty seat im afraid...

voicing discontent is the way to go

[/quote]

sorry, may be with the best intentions but boycotting games is the very worst thing you could do. It is not the team''s fault.