Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

steeno - what a legend!

anyone hear him on the Scrimmage tonight?

He spoke about how he still follows the club, although not so easy to do in Denmark.. he also said he knows some rich Danish businessmen and has often thought about asking them to invest in us.... Good to see he thinks well of the club still...

what a player he was too, anyone remember his bullet of a goal against coventry?

jas :)

He is a legend, not had anyone who can cross a ball like him since, or maybe even before him.

Was gutted when he left just before the champsionship winning season!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Doncaster on the scrimmage tonight.............What a leg-end.[/quote]No Mello thats Bell-End

I remember a free kick he scored at Sheffield United in last minute, I think we lost 3-2 but I remember watching it fly into top corner.

A great player, agreed was underrated and perhaps could have done a job for us later on. Pleased to hear he still follows City''s fortunes.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Doncaster on the scrimmage tonight.............What a leg-end.[/quote]

No Mello thats Bell-End
[/quote]

That''s a phallus-y.....but, it''s got a certain ring to it.

what a player he was too, anyone remember his bullet of a goal against coventry?

God do i remember that one! But...

I think that certain goal you''re talking about was against Sheffield United? In front of the N+P?

Apologies if my memory serves me wrong but im pretty sure im right!?

Adam.

[quote user="Adam Carpenter"]

[/quote]

This one....

yes i also heard he was now working for the scum, scouting for scandenavian talent.

absoulute legend though, i rememember when we beat wolves 2-nil in the league (play off season) and although he didnt score, he chested the ball and then hit a volley from about 30yards that beat the keeper but smashed the crossbar before bouncing down on the line then out. right infront of the barclay

[quote user="Greenwich Canary"]Anyone know if the Scrimmage is available to download? Andy JR, you''re normally good with these things..........could you help? Would like to start listening to it.[/quote]

Try the Listen Again feature on the BBC Norfolk site.

Steeno was such a great player and a gent as well, got his autograph

from one of the open days somewhere.... was gutted when I heard he

would be leaving us! Shame I can''t be there Sunday to welcome him back

into a Yellow shirt at Carrow Road, hope there''ll be pics on Monday,

Pete!

i can remember us playing Sheff Wed in the league and their keeper needed treatment in the 6 yard box...Streno was waiting to take a corner and the whole barclay were chanting "lalalalaaa Steenooooo" for a good 2 or 3 minutes... he just smiled and waved at us... i think he was a bit bewlidered by it all! lol

jas :)

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="Greenwich Canary"]Anyone know if the Scrimmage is available to download? Andy JR, you''re normally good with these things..........could you help? Would like to start listening to it.[/quote]

Try the Listen Again feature on the BBC Norfolk site.

[/quote]Indeed, as Pete says, it''s now available on the Listen Again feature - I did record it just in case there was any technical glitch though!  [:D]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Didn''t he score a free kick at Sheffield United when we were 2-0 down (we lost 2-1 in the end)... but that could be wrong too.
[/quote]

I think we are meaning same game I couldn''t remember whether it was 3-2 or 2-1, I just remember that it was a really good free kick.