Sign in to follow this  
Midlandcanary

Delia to Sell up?

[quote user="Midlandcanary"]

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/article-23513868-details/article.do?ito=newsnow

Someone posted on the wrath a few hours ago saying Delia is about to sell up for 55 million! Interesting......

[/quote]

New link as I far as I know. Although that article told me nothing new other than sheer speculation. I won''t be getting my hopes up on the basis of that.

Thanks for the link though.

I think this line says it all about the accuracy and reliability of the reporting here:

"TV cook Delia plans to stay on the board, but her deal with the

57-year-old insurance magnate, who played centre-half for Norwich Boys,

will give her the £20m that she and husband Michael Wynn-Jones have

ploughed into the club since they took over in 1996
."

Don''t get your hopes up people, this is an Archant-style rehashing of a

news story we''ve all known about for a long time, with their own

inaccurate reading of the situation thrown in for good measure. 

Its as if Cuffley himself wrote it.....

Just another re-hash I''m afraid. 

Still as it''s Thursday tomorrow, I confidently predict (without going into details of the source) that we will be making an announcement of some sort that may or may not involve a major transfer coup and or confirmation that talks are ongoing/stalled/planned, with regard to an amount of money that may or may not be for some shares and or players. 

and if you call me a binner then YOU''RE a binner, double exeys no comebacks!

Regards

Zach

yep, just a rehash by the looks of it. I just get the feeling this is going to drag out into the first few months of the season and if any deal is struck it will give us the money for the January transfer window...........and we know what that means folks? over inflated asking prices woohoo!

I think PC talked about the start of the season in one of his articles as if he is keen to get the deal done as soon as possible. I''m sure he would much rather invest now rather than later as everyone knows it is difficult to do transfers later in the season although they could still do loans with a view to a permanent. Deals normally takes months but if you have 2 parties in agreement the advisors could wrap the whole thing in a few weeks. The prinipals may not talk until next week but the Turners/ND and Cullum''s team should already putting their proposals together otherwise they would not be much point in meeting next week.

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]yep, just a rehash by the looks of it. I just get the feeling this is going to drag out into the first few months of the season and if any deal is struck it will give us the money for the January transfer window...........and we know what that means folks? over inflated asking prices woohoo!
[/quote]

A lot of people are saying any deal could drag out over a few months, I`m not sure that would be the case. It would be to the advantage of both Cullum and Delia to get things sorted quickly, also if they are both so keen to see the club being successsful then they will both be after a quick deal so the club can move forward in the transfer market.

"This is london" . . . "this is absolute toilet" if you ask me.

At least a week out of date.  Given that PC and D&M haven''t actually had a meeting yet they''re requoting from last week''s story and can''t even get the figure right.

This is from the Evening Standard, the world''s worst newspaper. So appalling it makes the Daily Mail look like Die Zeit. Bargepole required.

[quote user="T"]I think PC talked about the start of the season in one of his articles as if he is keen to get the deal done as soon as possible. I''m sure he would much rather invest now rather than later as everyone knows it is difficult to do transfers later in the season although they could still do loans with a view to a permanent. Deals normally takes months but if you have 2 parties in agreement the advisors could wrap the whole thing in a few weeks. The prinipals may not talk until next week but the Turners/ND and Cullum''s team should already putting their proposals together otherwise they would not be much point in meeting next week.[/quote]

The sort of deal PC is proposing, which doesn''t involve buying the club lock stock and barrel at this stage, shouldn''t take as long as a complete takeover. 

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I think this line says it all about the accuracy and reliability of the reporting here:

"TV cook Delia plans to stay on the board, but her deal with the 57-year-old insurance magnate, who played centre-half for Norwich Boys, will give her the £20m that she and husband Michael Wynn-Jones have ploughed into the club since they took over in 1996."

[/quote]

And heres some factual information:

Delia''s & MWJ''s investment in the club

£k.                     £k.
B Preference shares
- 3,025 @ £100 each                                                                                 302.5

Ordinary Shares
02/03 season 77,990 @ £25 each                               1949.75
03/04 season 8,000 @ £25 each                                   200.0
06/07 season
- loan converted @ £25 each                                       817.6
06/07 season
- new money @£25 each                                              270.1                3237.5

New money into the club £3540k

Ordinary shares bought from
Geoffrey Watling
(** note - assumed figure)    £1000k ???

06/07 season
- 31/5/07 holding 327,509 (page 13)
31/5/06 holding 281,550 (page 13)
difference 45,959
club issued 43,508
(note 33 page 41)
so I have assumed that Delia & MWJ
acquired 2,451 from others at say £25 each    £61.3k

Assumed investment in Ordinary shares £4301k

Investment in B Preference shares £0.3m.

As at 31/5/07 Delia''s & MWJ''s holdings of Ordinary shares was 327,509
If valued at £30 per Ordinary share, those holdings would be valued at £9.8m.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

And heres some factual information:

Delia''s & MWJ''s investment in the club                                                                                          £k.                     £k.B Preference shares - 3,025 @ £100 each                                                                                 302.5Ordinary Shares 02/03 season 77,990 @ £25 each                               1949.75 03/04 season 8,000 @ £25 each                                   200.006/07 season - loan converted @ £25 each                                       817.606/07 season - new money @£25 each                                              270.1                3237.5New money into the club £3540k[/quote]

Of which more than half was put in during the  season when we looked like qualifying for the Premiership. [8-)]

It looks obvious to me, at one end of the "tug of war" we have Delia & MWJ presumably wanting Mr. Callum to pay them an amount that would cover the money they have directly put into the club (and presumably the purchase of ordinary shares from others) otherwise their shares would have little value if they became a large minority holding after a £20m investment in ordinary shares issued by NCFC Plc to Mr. Cullum.

At the other end of the "tug of war" is Mr. Cullum.

I love the Daily Mail and hate The Guardian and the pinkos at the BBC,spus that makes me anti board.

Hey! That''s right.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]

Of which more than half was put in during the  season when we looked like qualifying for the Premiership. [8-)]

[/quote]

That''s hardly surprising - I thought the point of the share issue when we all put our £100''s in, was that Delia et al would also put up a bundle of cash - this was that season, was it not?  I wouldn''t grumble too much, it helped sign Hucks and get us promoted! 

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I love the Daily Mail and hate The Guardian and the pinkos at the BBC,spus that makes me anti board.[/quote]Just for a minute there I was going to ask you to explain what you were on about, but then I stopped and realised that the surplus energy produced during this process could be sufficient to cause a rift in space and time. And we don''t want that do we. Thanks for the heads up on those pinkos though, I''ll make sure I get all my news from the Daily Mail from now on.