Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

SPAIN V ITALY

I do hope it''ll be as good as the other quarter-final games!

Paella and San Miguel?..... 

or......Pizza and Peroni?.......

Pizza and Peroni - for me![pi][B]

I can see Spain nicking this one (at least, I hope they do) 2-1... the Italians only beat France because they were slightly less rubbish than their ailing opposition.  This will be the first time they''ve come up against quality opposition since the Holland game, and we know how that turned out...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I can see Spain nicking this one (at least, I hope they do) 2-1... the Italians only beat France because they were slightly less rubbish than their ailing opposition.  This will be the first time they''ve come up against quality opposition since the Holland game, and we know how that turned out...
[/quote]

In all fairness we aint got going yet but we are still there. The game against the Dutch was weird. As well as they played we could have had 3/4 if it wasnt for Van Der Saar. The game against the Romanians should have been a victory and the win against the French was well deserved.

Dont write us off. Italy on pens.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

The game against the Romanians should have been a victory

[/quote]Yeah, for Romania... [:P] It was only a penalty save that stopped you going out of the tournament there and then.  Sorry, but my imaginary money is on Spain...

I think the tournament could do with Spain winning. A lot of the really good footballing sides (Portugal, Croatia and Holland) have been knocked out in the QFs, it would be a shame to see Spain go to.Having said that, Spain haven''t beaten Italy in a competetive match since 1920 so I''m not holding out much hope.

had a small punt on Italy before the tournament started so i am going to stick with them but i think without Gattusso and Pirlo they will struggle - it could all depend on whether Luca Toni remembers to wear his shooting boots though as so far he has looked like he couldnt hit a bus if he was sitting on one!

Does that mean you won''t need that tenner?I don''t like Italy playing in white - it''s not natural!Come on Toni!!! How many times offside???

When my mates Dad said this was going to be one of those boring European matches...i reminded him we were watching the ''EUROs''

Maybe I should have took more notice to the message behind what he was saying...

[quote user="National express super guard"]the way russia have broken teams down recently I have a feeling they''ll beat spain and win the whole thing. be a shame coz hardly good footy but worked for greece 4 years back
[/quote]

Greece did win playing dour football fours years ago but Russia have been playing some great fluid football, Arshavin in particular has looked superb and the fulll backs bomb forward in support providing real width - just look at the chances they created against Sweden and Holland.

It wouldn''t be a shame in my opinion - just another case of Hiddink working his magic on an ''unfashionable'' nation.

[quote user="National express super guard"]the way russia have broken teams down recently I have a feeling they''ll beat spain and win the whole thing. be a shame coz hardly good footy but worked for greece 4 years back
[/quote]

Are you serious? Russia have been superb!

[quote user="National express super guard"]I was dissapointed with the way they went about stopping the dutch playing, but hey I''m a scotland and norwich fan, I know nothing
[/quote]

apart from scoring goals I was under the impression that was the aim of football?....at least now I know why I never got that proffessional contract! [:P]