Sign in to follow this  
bassisbest

Away Kit

Wild guess but probably a form of shirt available in long and short sleeves, a pair of shorts and 2 socks .

Oh yeh and AVIVA on the front of the shirt....................................OLE!!!!!!!

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]

Wild guess but probably a form of shirt available in long and short sleeves, a pair of shorts and 2 socks .

Oh yeh and AVIVA on the front of the shirt....................................OLE!!!!!!!

[/quote]

LMAO [:)]

I''m more interested in seeing which players exactly will be wearing the new kit............

[quote user="tHeBrOKeNSeAT"]Talking of awy kits has anyone seen the new Celtic away kit? It''s the spitting image of our home kit....[/quote]

Hmmm, It''s a yellow shirt with green shorts. With all due respect that''s where the similarities end.

Have to say, Celtic''s new away kit is a bit nicer than our new home one :/

But, agree with previous post, similarities end with....simply colour.

Our away kit for next season is going to be the same as this years.  Contract does not run out until the end of 08/09 season as we will only be having the new home one!!  We will have a new away kit at the end of next season :)

[quote user="city4life"]Our away kit for next season is going to be the same as this years.  Contract does not run out until the end of 08/09 season as we will only be having the new home one!!  We will have a new away kit at the end of next season :)[/quote]We''ve changed sponsor thus we will be having a new away kit. There were rumours that it was going to be RAC sponsoring the away shirt with them being a part of Aviva. A black and orange/gold kit could look very nice but then if done badly we''ll just look like Wolves and no one would want that [:D]

[quote user="Polar"]I''m hoping for a black one with a yellow trim...
[/quote]

like wolves?

(dont know how cut the cr@p at the bottom out)

looks like old sheffutd away shirt to me - obviously you prefer proper yellow

Well, judging by our new sponsor''s branding colours, I''m guessing that the away kit will either be white with blue trim or, alternatively, blue with white trim (check their website to see). It seems to be the standard now, that away kits take the colour of the main spansor - i.e.  Lotus  - Dark Green with gold trim;  Flybe  - Red with white trim.

http://www.aviva.com/

in all honesty

1. all away team shirts should be white, causes no conflict at all. there was team in our league last year who played in stripes and their away kit was colour of the strip makes no sense

2. if home kit is white - put their away kit as navy

3. why do teams like norwich n wolves need away shirts? i know money etc... but do they actually need them? then again wolves bought navy one out last season wore it once and used their old white away 6times - so why buy the new away kit

i was under the impression that, despite the sponsor change, the red away kit will remain until end of next season

when they sell it they state the seasons it will run for, which probably makes them legally bound to adhere to that

My total guess is it will be like the proton/lotus deal - home kit with aviva and away kit with RAC;  and I think the gold will be more RAC orange to tie in with the corporate colours... think RAC van or ford focus orange,  with black outlining.

[quote user="we8wba"]

3. why do teams like norwich n wolves need away shirts? i know money etc... but do they actually need them? then again wolves bought navy one out last season wore it once and used their old white away 6times - so why buy the new away kit

[/quote]

Tough question that one... how about when we play each other??

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]My total guess is it will be like the proton/lotus deal - home kit with aviva and away kit with RAC;  and I think the gold will be more RAC orange to tie in with the corporate colours... think RAC van or ford focus orange,  with black outlining.[/quote]

Isn''t that the orange that Peter Cech was wearing in the Millionaires League final ?  The one that has been scientifically proven to put strikers off shooting at the goal ?

I wonder who it might effect more, us or the opposition... [*-)]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]My total guess is it will be like the proton/lotus deal - home kit with aviva and away kit with RAC;  and I think the gold will be more RAC orange to tie in with the corporate colours... think RAC van or ford focus orange,  with black outlining.[/quote]

I can''t see the shirt being orange as that is too close to yellow (we always wear our away kit v the likes of Wolves and Blackpool). I''ve also heard strong rumours of RAC sponsorship, but I''m guessing a black shirt with RAC in their corporate orange.

[quote user="colneycanary"]I heard it was going to be a black shirt too and i think you could be right with RAC in their corporate orange.[/quote]

we''d clash with the stewards!

jas :)

Hmmm...didn''t we have to change our strip at half-time for one away game relatively recently, because who we were playing said we clashed with their stewards (I have Barnsley away in my head, can that be right?  Think it was one season when we were sponsored by Colman''s)?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Hmmm...didn''t we have to change our strip at half-time for one away game relatively recently, because who we were playing said we clashed with their stewards (I have Barnsley away in my head, can that be right?  Think it was one season when we were sponsored by Colman''s)?[/quote]

we did.. a p**s poor excuse.. we tonked them 3-0 and Iwan scored on the volley from 30 yards! watch the video again if u dont believe me!

jas :)

[quote user="we8wba"]

[quote user="Polar"]I''m hoping for a black one with a yellow trim... [/quote]

like wolves?

(dont know how cut the cr@p at the bottom out)

looks like old sheffutd away shirt to me - obviously you prefer proper yellow

[/quote]regretably something like that would be alright - didnt realise Wolves had one like it.  Something like the current black Man united one, thats a real classy kit.