Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

hoolahan to sign...breaking news

This is true Judderman - was going to say the same; the Sun item is dated 31/5 so the Monday it refers to was 2/6.  That said, I''m inclined to agree with Cam, though - there just seems to be too much stuff for this to not be happening at some time, perhaps GR being away delayed the unveiling.  Whatever, I think there''s no doubt that Hoolahan is moving and it would be rather a surprise (not to say bloody annoying) if he signed for someone other than us.

[quote user="judderman"]I''m not going to ''doubt'' the report.
I''m going to say that it is 100% proved wrong. He didn''t sign on Monday the 2nd as it said he would.
[/quote]

Quite so.  Look at the date . . .

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

This is true Judderman - was going to say the same; the Sun item is dated 31/5 so the Monday it refers to was 2/6.  That said, I''m inclined to agree with Cam, though - there just seems to be too much stuff for this to not be happening at some time, perhaps GR being away delayed the unveiling.  Whatever, I think there''s no doubt that Hoolahan is moving and it would be rather a surprise (not to say bloody annoying) if he signed for someone other than us.

[/quote]

It''s all come from a single source and just shows how little there is to write about at the moment.  Maybe the single source is accurate, maybe it isn''t.  But the number of reports has no bearing on its veracity imo.

I think its true and he did sign last Monday just like the binner who is supposed to be his future brother in law said he did , also Joe Ferrari did say in a thread on the official site this week that sometimes players are signed up weeks before any announcement is made , dont think theres anything that says you have to tell the world the day its done.

I was thinking that this is dragging on a bit now and I am getting fed up. But in reality it has not, the only sniff of news is from rumours around the web, which all lead with the same rumour. Now this could be true or could all be a load of tosh. I wait now for an official announcement from the club.

You keep saying that he''ll sign ncfclad but he hasn''t yet! So you can''t blame us for doubting you when in all fairness every prediction you''ve made so far has been wrong. He was signing 2 thursday''s ago then he was signing on monday......I''m not saying he won''t sign and that you''re completely wrong but it''s looking more and more likely that he won''t.Where are you getting your info from? Is it just from that binner on the blackpool site?

How do you know he hasn''t yet signed Hucks? Just because the club hasn''t announced it yet? As a previous poster said, Joe Ferrari stated that some players get signed weeks before they are announced so there''s a fair chance he did sign last Monday but the club didn''t announce it because of Hoolahan''s holiday commitments. You can''t have a press conference to announce a new signing when the player in question is out of the country! Without counting my chickens too much, there''s no smoke without fire so it appears likely that he could be our man very soon. If so, then it seems like a good start to a hopefully busy summer by Glenn.

Is it possible that as said this deal was done last Monday, but as well documented Hoolahan went away on holiday so we had to wait another week to unveil him at a press conference.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Is it possible that as said this deal was done last Monday, but as well documented Hoolahan went away on holiday so we had to wait another week to unveil him at a press conference.[/quote]

Also, as Camul quoted, GR has only just come back from his holiday. Could this be the delay? As I am sure GR would want to be at the announcement. We will all just have to wait and see, fingers crossed.

I''ve been a City fan for twenty six years now and can never remember such a transfer buzz around one player before, can anyone else? maybe Huckerby when he was on loan but this Hoolihan thing is all over the place...........I hope this all goes through soon

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]I''ve been a City fan for twenty six years now and can never remember such a transfer buzz around one player before, can anyone else? maybe Huckerby when he was on loan but this Hoolihan thing is all over the place...........I hope this all goes through soon[/quote]Desperate times.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Huddy, are you refering to the world famous Jamaican Jerk Chicken sauce?[/quote]

I think so!

Only avaialble in Sainsbury''s!

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="rum-ole-boy"]I''ve been a City fan for twenty six years now and can never remember such a transfer buzz around one player before, can anyone else? maybe Huckerby when he was on loan but this Hoolihan thing is all over the place...........I hope this all goes through soon
[/quote]

Desperate times.
[/quote]

hahaha certainly is desperate times if that is all we have to get excited about this summer... a below par replacement for Hucks.

I never take much notice of what Smudger or Wizard say as there is never anything positive to read. I saw on the main page that smudger replies and I knew what it was going to say. Not as good as hucks blabla.

Ok I do agree with this but at the end of the day we have to move on and get someone younger, what do you expect, you name me a left winger who we realistically have a chance of getting for 250k?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="rum-ole-boy"]I''ve been a City fan for twenty six years now and can never remember such a transfer buzz around one player before, can anyone else? maybe Huckerby when he was on loan but this Hoolihan thing is all over the place...........I hope this all goes through soon
[/quote]

Desperate times.
[/quote]

hahaha certainly is desperate times if that is all we have to get excited about this summer... a below par replacement for Hucks.

[/quote]

And this coming from a below par poster

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Desperate times.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ll be honest here Smudge,you cant compare him to Hucks but i went to the Blackpool game and he was the best player at CR all season from what i''ve seen and been told from my son.

Well let''s just not all get shouty with each other & wait & see. If it''s on the official website on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or whenever, we''ll know. I for one have seen & heard too many rumours about him & other players. So only time will tell.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Desperate times.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ll be honest here Smudge,you cant compare him to Hucks but i went to the Blackpool game and he was the best player at CR all season from what i''ve seen and been told from my son.

[/quote]

I don''t doub''t that he will be a useful addition to the squad Arthur.

Fact is though that the reason Hucks was released is just so that we can sign 3 or 4 players for £250k each in the vain attempt by the board to say that they had once again pushed the boat out and made every effort to revamp our squad.

We should of been bringing in players like Hoolahan and Gorkks without having to release players like Hucks.

It all boils down to the same thing every transfer window... when exactly was the last time that the board dipped in to their own pockets to fund the signing of a new player???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="rum-ole-boy"]I''ve been a City fan for twenty six years now and can never remember such a transfer buzz around one player before, can anyone else? maybe Huckerby when he was on loan but this Hoolihan thing is all over the place...........I hope this all goes through soon[/quote]Desperate times.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fact is though that the reason Hucks was released is just so that we can sign 3 or 4 players for £250k each in the vain attempt by the board to say that they had once again pushed the boat out and made every effort to revamp our squad.

We should of been bringing in players like Hoolahan and Gorkks without having to release players like Hucks.

It all boils down to the same thing every transfer window... when exactly was the last time that the board dipped in to their own pockets to fund the signing of a new player???

[/quote]Oh jesus - where to start?!!!To begin with Smudger would a player want to come in and compete with someone like Hux when another team could pretty much guarantee them a starting place - including the team you are trying to sign them from?Then there is the bit about you not attending any games and not being able to see the ups and downs of Huckerby this season. Should you bring in another player and leave Hux on the bench would he be happy? I don''t think so. Not only that but you would be paying prem wages for a bench warmer. Then you have to consider the rumours that perhaps the hip injury could potentially hamper him more as time goes on limiting his appearences.Finaly what we need at the moment is not two or three top quality players - we need to bring the standard of the squad up as a whole and to do that Roeder needed to give himself some space to manouvre - free up some wages etc. The most obvious place to start was Huckerby considering it would not cost us anything to move him on.Sad though it may be whether it was this season or next Huckerby''s time with us was coming to an end. You can not honestly judge this decision until you know the outcomes. Hoolahan is a fair replacement and at a good price if rumours are to be believed.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Desperate times.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh jesus - where to start?!!!

To begin with Smudger would a player want to come in and compete with someone like Hux when another team could pretty much guarantee them a starting place - including the team you are trying to sign them from?

Then there is the bit about you not attending any games and not being able to see the ups and downs of Huckerby this season. Should you bring in another player and leave Hux on the bench would he be happy? I don''t think so. Not only that but you would be paying prem wages for a bench warmer. Then you have to consider the rumours that perhaps the hip injury could potentially hamper him more as time goes on limiting his appearences.

Finaly what we need at the moment is not two or three top quality players - we need to bring the standard of the squad up as a whole and to do that Roeder needed to give himself some space to manouvre - free up some wages etc. The most obvious place to start was Huckerby considering it would not cost us anything to move him on.

Sad though it may be whether it was this season or next Huckerby''s time with us was coming to an end. You can not honestly judge this decision until you know the outcomes. Hoolahan is a fair replacement and at a good price if rumours are to be believed.
[/quote]

So would Hoolahan rather be waming the bench at a successful club (challenging for promotion) where he will get his chance or playing week in week out for a side who will be fighting against relegation Chicken?

Something tells me that if Hoolahan is the latter then he will fit in perfectly to what we have at Carrow Road these days.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Desperate times.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh jesus - where to start?!!!

To begin with Smudger would a player want to come in and compete with someone like Hux when another team could pretty much guarantee them a starting place - including the team you are trying to sign them from?

Then there is the bit about you not attending any games and not being able to see the ups and downs of Huckerby this season. Should you bring in another player and leave Hux on the bench would he be happy? I don''t think so. Not only that but you would be paying prem wages for a bench warmer. Then you have to consider the rumours that perhaps the hip injury could potentially hamper him more as time goes on limiting his appearences.

Finaly what we need at the moment is not two or three top quality players - we need to bring the standard of the squad up as a whole and to do that Roeder needed to give himself some space to manouvre - free up some wages etc. The most obvious place to start was Huckerby considering it would not cost us anything to move him on.

Sad though it may be whether it was this season or next Huckerby''s time with us was coming to an end. You can not honestly judge this decision until you know the outcomes. Hoolahan is a fair replacement and at a good price if rumours are to be believed.
[/quote]

So would Hoolahan rather be waming the bench at a successful club (challenging for promotion) where he will get his chance or playing week in week out for a side who will be fighting against relegation Chicken?

Something tells me that if Hoolahan is the latter then he will fit in perfectly to what we have at Carrow Road these days.

[/quote]

I can see what you mean but I''d rather be playing football in all honesty. I''d rather play for Norwich every week guranteed than sit on the bench at Man City for example (see the subtle hint there, Ched?). Playing football puts you in the shop window at the very least, bench warming doesn''t do anything.

It hasn''t exactly don''t Earnshaw any good just sitting on the bench for the sake of being at a premiership club. He lost his place in the Welsh squad, his value diminished, hes now back in the championship, his fitness will be down etc.

guys original poster here... feel really bad i read this on my blackberry and over the weekend i looked at it on my pc and noted the date.. this is indeed from the irish press and obviously meant the previous monday...

don''t kill me!

But there must be some truth... I believe he''ll sign july 1st.

My apologies tho... i honestly thougt it was for this monday... gutted... at least i won on my first ever bet on a horse race this weekend... :-)

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="rum-ole-boy"]I''ve been a City fan for twenty six years now and can never remember such a transfer buzz around one player before, can anyone else? maybe Huckerby when he was on loan but this Hoolihan thing is all over the place...........I hope this all goes through soon[/quote]Desperate times.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Oh jesus - where to start?!!!To begin with Smudger would a player want to come in and compete with someone like Hux when another team could pretty much guarantee them a starting place - including the team you are trying to sign them from?Then there is the bit about you not attending any games and not being able to see the ups and downs of Huckerby this season. Should you bring in another player and leave Hux on the bench would he be happy? I don''t think so. Not only that but you would be paying prem wages for a bench warmer. Then you have to consider the rumours that perhaps the hip injury could potentially hamper him more as time goes on limiting his appearences.Finaly what we need at the moment is not two or three top quality players - we need to bring the standard of the squad up as a whole and to do that Roeder needed to give himself some space to manouvre - free up some wages etc. The most obvious place to start was Huckerby considering it would not cost us anything to move him on.Sad though it may be whether it was this season or next Huckerby''s time with us was coming to an end. You can not honestly judge this decision until you know the outcomes. Hoolahan is a fair replacement and at a good price if rumours are to be believed.[/quote]

[/quote]Hoolahan is a very good player at this level. All I was pointing out is that when you compare us to Blackpool what would the differences be for him. If Huckerby was still here you would have to say he would be battling hard to even be on the pitch. And yes that does come into players thoughts when they are looking to move club. He may well earn more money but if he is sitting on the bench dont expect him to stay around for long - much the same as Huckerby wouldn''t if he was stuck on the bench.As for relegation and promotion - how on earth do you have a clue what we will do next season? Infact if I remember correctly your predictions (or should I say desires) were relegation for the last two seasons. Got that slightly wrong didn''t you?

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]

so todays the day is it????

come on then wheres the announcement??

didnt think you were lying?

[/quote]

i wasn''t...

Read the thread before you get smart with me online (yawn...) ... it was on factiva...(as mentioned) the dates didn''t come up on my blackberry when i saw it...

this was all mentioned above...   

[quote user="Jameswallis"][quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]

so todays the day is it????

come on then wheres the announcement??

didnt think you were lying?

[/quote]

i wasn''t...

Read the thread before you get smart with me online (yawn...) ... it was on factiva...(as mentioned) the dates didn''t come up on my blackberry when i saw it...

this was all mentioned above...   

[/quote]

just ignore BEAKER jameswallis

[quote user="CanaryRyan"]

No announcement yet, im guessing your feeling pretty stupid now!

[/quote]

Read the thread you idiot.