Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Earnshaw coming back??

[quote user="bunny"]

This part of the article interested me;

Earnshaw has been told by manager Paul Jewell that he can leave Pride Park, for around £2.5m - and that is where City will find a stumbling block in their path.

So Archant now know what our transfer budget is?

[/quote]

Even the most optimistic fan would struggle to see Norwich finding 2.5 million for Earnshaw.  Not while simultaneously buying / loaning / finding wages for another 8 new players.

[quote user="bunny"]

This part of the article interested me;

Earnshaw has been told by manager Paul Jewell that he can leave Pride Park, for around £2.5m - and that is where City will find a stumbling block in their path.

So Archant now know what our transfer budget is?

[/quote]

*sigh* Bunny Bunny Bunny....  Blow a large chunk of the transfer budget on one player or shop smart and buy several players, conserving some of the budget for January where, depending on league position, we can sign a big money player to push on for promotion or pull us away from relegation...

Which scenario would you prefer? its got nothing to do with knowing transfer budgets, its to do with being "cleverer than the rest" as our chairman once said

jas :)

This thread is hilarious and sums up whats wrong with this board...

Ok so Earnshaw/Earnalot went running off to derby to play premiership football and most probably higher wages, fair enough, who in their right mind wouldn''t do the same thing in his shoes? at the age of 26/27 however old he is with a real chance of making himself an established premier league striker for the rest of his career... so, he left us, got us about 500K profit and then had a long season of getting battered week in week out, a goal or two in the big league against Arsenal or whoever else and then hes relegated, not looking like a premiership striker but instead being back into his stamping ground.why on earth would we not want him back? he will have learnt alot from this lesson and i''m sure won''t be so willing to run off again as easily and i''m sure we won''t be stupid enough to put a release clause in.

Sign him up with Rigters and Evans and we''re looking good up front.

[quote user="Polar"]This thread is hilarious and sums up whats wrong with this board...

Ok so Earnshaw/Earnalot went running off to derby to play premiership football and most probably higher wages, fair enough, who in their right mind wouldn''t do the same thing in his shoes? at the age of 26/27 however old he is with a real chance of making himself an established premier league striker for the rest of his career... so, he left us, got us about 500K profit and then had a long season of getting battered week in week out, a goal or two in the big league against Arsenal or whoever else and then hes relegated, not looking like a premiership striker but instead being back into his stamping ground.

why on earth would we not want him back? he will have learnt alot from this lesson and i''m sure won''t be so willing to run off again as easily and i''m sure we won''t be stupid enough to put a release clause in.

[/quote]

Too right. Although, it''s unlikely that we will get Evans as he''s signed a three year deal with Man City. I don''t know what our budget is - no one does apart from those inside the club - so if we have the money for this plus other signings, we should go for it.

We will need to spend money if we are to compete this season. It''s either that or get a very good loan striker from a Prem club like Frazier Campbell who helped transform Hull from a mid-table side into one that got promoted. We should learn our lesson from the Grant era  when in trying the manager spread his money on average players who ended up leaving. Lappin, Brellier, Strihavka, Murray... need I go on.

Obviously we won''t have Chelsea money but we will need to spend more than a few million...

[quote user="Polar"]This thread is hilarious and sums up whats wrong with this board...

Ok so Earnshaw/Earnalot went running off to derby to play premiership football and most probably higher wages, fair enough, who in their right mind wouldn''t do the same thing in his shoes? at the age of 26/27 however old he is with a real chance of making himself an established premier league striker for the rest of his career... so, he left us, got us about 500K profit and then had a long season of getting battered week in week out, a goal or two in the big league against Arsenal or whoever else and then hes relegated, not looking like a premiership striker but instead being back into his stamping ground.

why on earth would we not want him back? he will have learnt alot from this lesson and i''m sure won''t be so willing to run off again as easily and i''m sure we won''t be stupid enough to put a release clause in.

[/quote]

Too right. Although, it''s unlikely that we will get Evans as he''s signed a three year deal with Man City. I don''t know what our budget is - no one does apart from those inside the club - so if we have the money for this plus other signings, we should go for it.

We will need to spend money if we are to compete this season. It''s either that or get a very good loan striker from a Prem club like Frazier Campbell who helped transform Hull from a mid-table side into one that got promoted. We should learn our lesson from the Grant era  when in trying the manager spread his money on average players who ended up leaving. Lappin, Brellier, Strihavka, Murray... need I go on.

Obviously we won''t have Chelsea money but we will need to spend more than a few million...

[quote user="1st Wizard"]There''s some bloody short memories on here, I certainly don''t want the scheming two faced *@*£"^ back in my club...........at least Jamie''s loyal and given a good strike partner will score as much as Earnalot!.[:@][/quote]

Well here''s a first Wiz, I totally bl**dy well agree with you !!!!

Earnshaw has no sense of loyalty whatsoever, I wouldn''t want him back here, EVER!!  Give me Curo anyday, he loves this club.  OK, so Curo didn''t have the best of seasons last season but I believe he will come good again, with the right strike partner.  His work rate is far higher than goal hanger Earnshaw, who never seems to venture into his own half. Stick with Curo and tell Earnmore "no thanks".  For that sort of money, if we had to pay £2.5mil, we could get Hooligan and his mate and maybe more.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]There''s some bloody short memories on here, I certainly don''t want the scheming two faced *@*£"^ back in my club...........at least Jamie''s loyal and given a good strike partner will score as much as Earnalot!.[:@][/quote]

Earnshaw has no sense of loyalty whatsoever, I wouldn''t want him back here, EVER!!  Give me Curo anyday, he loves this club.  OK, so Curo didn''t have the best of seasons last season but I believe he will come good again, with the right strike partner.  His work rate is far higher than goal hanger Earnshaw, who never seems to venture into his own half. Stick with Curo and tell Earnmore "no thanks".  For that sort of money, if we had to pay £2.5mil, we could get Hooligan and his mate and maybe more.

[quote user="Scooby"]

His work rate is far higher than goal hanger Earnshaw,

[/quote]

That''s not even close to being true. Cureton is as lazy as they get.

[quote user="Marigold"]

Of course players like Malky clearly loved the club and that showed in his performances but was that because he was only (i say only!!) a good player pushing himself harder. We want great players who don''t need to push themselves cos they are good enough to perform in the league.

[/quote]

What a load of *&%^ !!  Don''t need to push themselves ???? I don''t want to see any player out there in a yellow shirt who doesn''t need to push themselves.  Do you honestly believe Rooney doesn''t push himself to the limit every game?  Any player who doesn''t, or doesn''t feel they need to is not worthy of a place in the team....... any team!!  It doesn''t matter how good you are.

And for you to even mention wanting to get Hoolahan in your post makes you a hypocrite as we would only get him because of his release cause. So its fine to get players because of release causes but not ok if a player leaves. You can not have things both ways!!!!!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I personally don''t want Earnalot back, he showed no loyalty to the Club and moreso to the fans, if worst comes to worst and he does come to NC again I will not cheer, nor applaud him.[/quote]

oh my god how perthetic. so your saying if your in j ob earning say 10,000 a week and you get offered the same job for 20,000 a week, you would show loyality to your first job and stick with that?? dont think so somehow.

[/quote]

Yep! Nice one.

[quote user="Scooby"]

[/quote]

So you are seriously telling me you''d prefer Curo over Earnshaw next season because a) Earnshaw is a goal hanger and b) Curo is ''loyal''

What is this obsession with loyalty? How loyal were we to Iwan and Malky when we got promoted? They weren''t deemed good enough so were shown the door yet we have the nerve to demand loyaly from people who are there to earn a living. Earnshaw isn''t from Norwich, he didn''t have any mojor ties with the city. Why should he be ''loyal''?

[quote user="All in Yellow"][quote user="Scooby"]

[/quote]

So you are seriously telling me you''d prefer Curo over Earnshaw next season because a) Earnshaw is a goal hanger and b) Curo is ''loyal''

What is this obsession with loyalty? How loyal were we to Iwan and Malky when we got promoted? They weren''t deemed good enough so were shown the door yet we have the nerve to demand loyaly from people who are there to earn a living. Earnshaw isn''t from Norwich, he didn''t have any mojor ties with the city. Why should he be ''loyal''?

[/quote]

great post, fully agree

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

I''d like to know where the "he works hard" myth comes from, myself. But he loves the club so that''s okay. Obviously we''d much rather have him than a proven quality goalscorer like Earnshaw.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

I''d like to know where the "he works hard" myth comes from, myself. But he loves the club so that''s okay. Obviously we''d much rather have him than a proven quality goalscorer like Earnshaw.

[/quote]

I know, it''s bizarre.

He''s a very lazy player and I think some fans are inclined to see something in his performances that just isn''t there because of his love for the club and all that stuff.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]He''s also for a small striker about as slow as they get. He''s not getting any younger and he certainly isn''t getting any faster. Disregarding Wiz cos he talk out of his backside about players he only seen on TV I''d say that Cureton is no more loyal than any other player. I''d say when we offered him a contract on more money than he was on at Colchester to play in front of 25000 fans every week at a club with a 10 times a higher profile than Colchester. Let alone the better facilities and perks. I''d say, loyalty was not the first thing  on his mind. Players only love you when there playing is the line and that’s the truth. Loyalty is something sad football fans make up in their heads to feel good.Oh he loves the club and the fans. BS he loves the money the fame and the life style. And who wouldn’t but don’t give me this loyalty crap. P.S Earnshaw is way above Cureton in the quality stakes.

If it''s Earnshaw v Cureton, no contest.  25 goals in 42 starts, a proven record in he Championship, has to be Earnshaw.  Cureton wouldn''t even had got the golden boot while at Colchester if Earnie was fit all season.  Wiz, most notably, is a Cureton fan.  Wake up man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  20+ goals a season or someone who runs around for 90 minutes like a headless chicken.  No contest.

History will tell you in the Championship, more often than not, that clubs with a 20+ goal getter are there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

Get Earnshaw back.  Nuff said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Players only love you when there playing is the line and that’s the truth. Oh he loves the club and the fans. BS he loves the money the fame and the life style.- Hardhouse44

I did not know you were personal friends with every professional player ever.  There are plenty of examples of players taking less money to play on a particular team for various reasons including loyalty to the coach or city.

Who cares if Earnshaw doesn''t stick around? If he scores the goals that get us promoted, why would he leave?  We will have plenty more money coming in to pay him.  If he does leave, we will have plenty more money coming in to pay someone else, but I''d rather pay the player who we KNOW can do the job in our system, not some over-rated grunt who comes here for a paycheck and then returns to Scandinavia when we get relegated again.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

Wonder what his contract buy out clause would be this time?

[/quote]

Something along the lines of  ''oops I signed for a shi* club let me go clause''.

What''s with the Curo v Earnshaw thing and the need to have one or the other, we have a squad size of about 6 players at the moment so why [if possible] not have them both, in that way we can have two strikers, albeit two tiny strikers, most clubs have 6 - 8 strikers, well the ones who fancy promotion do!

I just think it''s Earnshaw''s agent spicing up the bidding war.....The more for Earnie....the more for the agent......

If Earnshaw returns to Carra? ''Yippee Doo'', he did alright the last time he was here.....If he goes elsewhere? What do I care......

I''m glad to see the majority of fans can seee the footballing sense in taking Earnie back. I''ll be honest, I was gutted when he left. The transfer wasn''t dealt with in the best way but we all know how agents work, they are only looking out for the interests of their client. They don''t care about loyalty and I''m sure he was advised that it was in his best interests to move with an agent pocketing a nice little fee.

I don''t blame Earnie one bit for leaving. How many of us would stay in the job we are in given the chance of a better salary and greater prospects elsewhere?? Really???

I think Earnshaw is a class act at this level. If he hadn''t picked up an injury in his last season for us he''d have got 25-30 goals. We can''t afford to turn that down just because he has left us for the big time once before and there are questions over his loyalty. Did the club show the same loyalty to messers Mackay, Roberts and Huckerby (sorry) in the past? NO, they shipped them out for footballing reasons when we would''ve all liked to have seen a little more loyalty shown.

Maybe he''s not a massive team player but does that matter if he hits 30 goals. I''d certainly welcome him back.

If the money is available, or we are still owed money from Derby then SIGN HIM UP!!

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I personally don''t want Earnalot back, he showed no loyalty to the Club and moreso to the fans, if worst comes to worst and he does come to NC again I will not cheer, nor applaud him.[/quote]

oh my god how perthetic. so your saying if your in j ob earning say 10,000 a week and you get offered the same job for 20,000 a week, you would show loyality to your first job and stick with that?? dont think so somehow.

[/quote]

If I was happy then yes, if the company was loyal to me in giving me that job in the first place.  It''s not pathetic it''s called MY POINT OF VIEW, you don''t have to agree with me, just accept that Im entitled to my view.  [:)]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]What about this?

http://www.nottinghamforest.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10308~10123,00.html

I found the link on the Forest board BTW.
[/quote]

Easy aint it

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10355~10123,00.html

Oh and have one for Sibierski...

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10355~24414,00.html

Any more signings you want??