Sign in to follow this  
JG27

Worst player of the Year...

OK, we''ve all voted for Dion as our best player of the season, but who gets your vote for the worst player of the season?

Any thoughts?

John Hartson.

The sad thing is during his time here he looked more likely to break our scoring duck than anyone else!!

Completely agreed. As soon as we got rid of him, he retired. What does that say about the choices of Jim Duffy? (Can''t believe Duffy thought he''d become manager!)

None, they all played to the best of their footballing ability.....Hence our final position in the league.

Hartson!

Although all the pomp and furore regarding Brlliers signing its got to be him hasnt it? he was woeful!

jas :)

Brellier did well against the scum and helped earn us a point.Strihavka scored the winner vs Palace to get us 3 pointswithout them we would be down...

I''d say.... Juan Velasco

Must be Jaun Velasco or Henry. Hartson was bad, but he did positively affect the game when he came on as a sub against Ipswich...

semmys been a reliable right back, had some good link up play with whoevers infront of him and got the ball rolling against Colly.

maybe... Chris Martin?

Like Jas said, Brellier. I for one was one of the people who thought that he would be a great signing. But like all the players we bought in the summer, they looked good on paper but we know the game is not played in paper.

One of my other worse player of the season awards goes to Chris Martin. So much was expected of him, he just looked so uninterested and lazy as well as  the biggest sin of being unfit. Lets all hope he bucks up his ideas as he has the talent to do well.

Brellier for the gap between what he can do, and what he did do.  Most of the other players who were disappointing were at least making an effort whereas Julien seemed to trot around the pitch without a care in the world. 

Of the regulars it''d be Jamie Cureton.

Of the bit part players there''s a few contenders; Rossi Jarvis, James Henry, Juan Velasco and probably a couple of others. But if I had to pick one it''d be Rossi Jarvis because of his pathetic whinge in the papers the other day.

You have got a point there....although he has scored some goals he has missed so sooo many chances!! And alot of very easy ones at that!!

[quote user="WrightyBoy"]You have got a point there....although he has scored some goals he has missed so sooo many chances!! And alot of very easy ones at that!![/quote]

It''s not just the misses though...his all round play has been pretty rubbish.

[quote user="GJP"]

Of the bit part players there''s a few contenders; Rossi Jarvis, James Henry, Juan Velasco and probably a couple of others. But if I had to pick one it''d be Rossi Jarvis because of his pathetic whinge in the papers the other day.

[/quote]Harsh post. Cureton finished the season as our top scorer.

[quote user="MK Canary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Harsh post. Cureton finished the season as our top scorer.
[/quote]

Not really, in my opinion. At the risk of the Cureton thing getting a bit repititive... if you take away the goals against the awful Colchester and Barnet in the cup game then all of a sudden he goes from having an ok scoring record to having a poor scoring record. But as I said...it''s not just the goalscoring side of it that comes into my thinking it''s that he''s been pretty useless with everything else.

He may have finished our top scorer but you can bet Rob Earnshaw would have stuck away at least twice as many.

Worst player... Ian Murray for me. A couple of absolutely shocking games at left back. Definitely cost us our Carling cup place and a few points in the league.

Biggest Disappointment? A close one between Brellier and Cureton.

For me Hartson had several games when he made Dion et al look aw....ful.  And thats despite being seriously out of shape and having the speed and turning circle of a super tanker.

Of the regulars the worst was Jamie purely for build up play,   strihavka the biggest disappointment while Spillane was probably the worst player. He played without a brain cell engaged with almost more dangerous attempted tackles than completed passes the fact that he was outperformed by Rossi Jarvis in their appearances really says it all...   

[quote user="MK Canary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Harsh post. Cureton finished the season as our top scorer.
[/quote]

True. But only by two goals. It could and should have been many, many more.

Worst performance of the season was James Henry at leicester for me. Worst player of the season is a tough one Murray was bad and then annoyed me with his comments to the scottish press when he left. Martin has also been very poor. Drury has probably had the least impact this season lol. There are just too many poor players to pick from.

OTBC

I think there are far too mant to choose from and trying to pick just one would not be doing the rest "justice".  A season that started with a lot of promise and excitement ended with about 10 contenders for "worst" players.  With all due respect, the fact that Dub''s wasPOTS tells it all.  I can''t include Cureton in the list because he was exactly what I expected, a

30+ year old striker with only one good season in the Champs to his

name.As mentioned previously, Brellier and Strihavka where big let downs.  Brellier because you knew he was better than he played and Dave because he clearly never settled in England.  Neither had a lack of ability.  Murray was just awful, as were most of the summer signings except Russell and Semmy but were both unspectacular.  None of out young players made an impact and so many players fell short of the mark.If I have to pick the "worst" player though, it has to be Chris Martin.  An excellent start to his career last term, he scored goals and his link up play was good.  This season was made for him, we couldn''t buy a goal at times despite the amount of strikers we have bought and loaned  and he had a real chance to estabilish himself as a first team regular.  The problem it seems, is that he really wasn''t that bothered about it.  On last season''s form he could have had 20 this year and be looking at a potential move to a Prem club.  Instead he is sat at home in Gorleston wondering what happened.  He didn''t just have potential, he had started to produce but he just let it all slip by......... a real shame for and for City because he could have been POTS with Dubs attitude.

Murray is a toughie;   look no more than OK at centre back but truly awful at left back,  but to be fair to him he always said he could not play that role,  and was proved very right!  The same as playing Doc right back or centre midfield or shax left back,  simply no brainers that you do not do! 

I''m surprised nobody has mentioned Jimmy Smith as a contender. Considering the size of his reputation when he arrived, he seemed to be completely devoid of composure or creativity every time I saw him play.

Brellier.  Never again should You Tube be used to govern how good a player will be.

bit Harsh on Velasco tbh.. he layed 1 half of a game for us then got injured.. but lets not let that stand in the way of giving him the Matthieu- Louis Jean treatment...

jas :)